Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I honestly didn't think $24/hr with benefits is that much money considering I was making $28/hr with full benefits as an apprentice with way less responsibilities.

It's almost like those union dues you were paying were going towards something that benefited you :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

New new phone showed up. Thought something was a little off about the first one. I was right. Side by side, the new-new phone has a much brighter display, with all settings being the same. There were some odd, barely visible vertical lines on bright backgrounds on the first one too.

Found a seller that knew exactly which variant of the phone they were selling, instead of just saying "uh.. yeah, this one looks like that one, therefore it must be that one".

And my Saturn is starting to show signs of being a GM product. Had the sunroof open today; when I closed it, only the left side fully dropped down, the right side stayed up. Wouldn't open more than a few inches again until I moved it back and forth a few times, then a nice snap and a few pieces of broken plastic popped out. Figured out it's part of the mechanism that tilts the glass up, and got the jammed part unjammed. It now opens and closes fine, but when I close the door, the sunroof pops up for a second to say hello. :downs: That should be a blast next time I run it through a car wash once I hit the dryer. At least the glass portion comes off easily, so I might be able to fix whatever part broke. If I can actually find an Ion coupe in a junkyard with a sunroof, and if I can take a jump pack and get the sunroof halfway open. (oh gently caress it I'll probably have to replace the entire assembly)

Great Beer posted:

I care to the extent that our lack of staff prevents me from doing my real job: washing all the dishes and mopping the floors. Delivering, answering phones, working cut table, all of it is just an obstacle to the two things I have to do before I can go home for the night.

Our staffing problem is so bad that I called out sick a few weeks ago and delivery had to be shut down at 8 on a Saturday because there was nobody else who was able to work due either to hours restrictions or simply not giving a poo poo. And for 4.90 an hour I can't really blame them.

Cripes, even a manager couldn't give enough of a poo poo to do deliveries? When poo poo hits the fan, the GM will drive as long as there's another manager inside the store. Every GM I've worked under at the Hut has been willing to do that.

I'm supposed to be getting a raise to $7.25 flat (instead of split 5.60/7.25), pending approval from the area coach - I'll be a :airquote: driver trainer :airquote:.

CornHolio posted:

What's the deal with the fan clutch? I'm not familiar at all with these things but I'll likely be working on it for him and am trying to gather as much information as I can.

It's computer controlled. And it fails in ways you would never think of. And when it fails, you're stuck with the fun of a roaring fan AND a check engine light (which is usually an automatic fail on emissions tests).

Oh yeah. It's also a few hundred bucks to replace when it fails. Not if. When.

Beyond that they're not bad.

mafoose posted:

On that trailblazer, isn't the fix a big thermostatically controlled electric fan and then you buy an efilive/hptuners credit and disable the check for that stupid fan clutch?

Pretty much, or swap out the electronic fan clutch for a normal fan clutch.

If you're going to go so far as to use an electronic fan clutch, why not just use electric fans? Oh wait, GM... :psyduck:

meatpimp posted:

Unfortunately, on the Nexus 6, you cannot flash an image without unlocking the bootloader. And there's the problem. Seems like the "Allow OEM Unlock" must be checked in Developer Options before you can unlock it. If you can't get to Developer Options because the phone is hosed? Bricked.

>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Check 'Allow OEM Unlock' in Developer Options.
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.005s

:thumbsup:

Wait, you can't even flash the factory image without unlocking it? :psyduck:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd just like to say as my final sincere post on the subject, the reason I reacted to the low effort bait the way I did was it was literally a week after I had my best friend go to sleep in my arms at the vet, the cat who got me through the darkest times I have ever been through in my entire life. I don't respect myself, my living situation, my hobbies, or the people I associate with. The one and only thing I take pride in, in anything, period, is doing the best loving job at all times that I am physically capable of, usually at the expense of my own paycheck. Working flat rate inspires cutting corners, doing things half way, bending the rules, and the way I work is it gets fixed correctly the first time, even if I've been working for free for the past three hours to make sure it goes out right. I refuse to be yet another mechanic who performs at best most of a service that a customer pays for, I treat every ticket as if it were my own grandmother purchasing work. I sacrifice hours of my own time to make sure that the customer is treated with the utmost care, which is why having two gently caress ups at all, let alone the same day, was so frustrating. Because I would rather tell management and say hey, we need to correct this or hey, this doesn't need to be done, than to turn a blind eye, make it "good enough" to roll out the door, and charge someone hundreds of dollars for work that was not necessary. It's the only thing I have, my pride in knowing that i did my best. And it's the only thing that I will take a zero tolerance stance on taking poo poo about. And if thst makes me some loser who takes the bait, then so be it. At least I have my integrity.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
So you pay to replace parts you break?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 INCH DICK posted:

I get what you're trying to do but for the record Id willingly bust your face in with a tire iron if you tried to say I wasn't good at my job to my face so congrats on being a piece of poo poo

I am having what could be called an exceptionally bad couple of days right now. This just lifted my spirits out of the mud.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No, because that's the whole part of working in a shop. Things are going to break. It's just a part of doing business. But I currently have under 16% payroll percentage, which means for every dollar I make the shop $0.16 goes to my paycheck. Corporate is happy with anything under 22%. Anything under 10% is unicorn status. So I think I'm doing all right.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Sorry about your cat :( I miss mine.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

They've apparently got a person-of-interest in custody regarding the freeway shootings. In the meantime...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CommieGIR posted:

Yes. It is. But its just kinda....old to me. Everyone is doing LS swaps. Everyone has a V8. Everyone talks about their 500 horsepower V8.

Its not really all that impressive to me. Again, personal opinion.
Get rid of mad max avatar, pronto.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But I gave that to him :(

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I always wondered why things in a dystopian future where fuel was more scarce than bullets people didnt run turbodiesels everywhere. Same torque as a big V8, but economy instead of thirst.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The wife dropped nail polish remover on our coffee table and the acetone ate through the varnish and through to the bare wood. I said to her that I'd fix it but maybe don't do your nails on the coffee table anymore, and now apparently everything is my fault for "making her nervous".

:shepicide:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Which Republican Presidential Candidate is most likely to repeal Obamacare?

cuz that mutherfucka is getting my vote.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but it seems like voting for people that will make it work the way it was originally intended, and like the systems in other first world countries.

:can:

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 12, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jamal posted:

Maybe it's because I'm Canadian, but it seems like voting for people that will make it work the way it was originally intended, and like the systems in other first world countries.

:canofworms:

They canceled my coverage after determining that I "doctored my earning statements."

And now they're loving billing me $80 a month for coverage I don't have.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ferremit posted:

I always wondered why things in a dystopian future where fuel was more scarce than bullets people didnt run turbodiesels everywhere. Same torque as a big V8, but economy instead of thirst.

Because guzzoline will make a diesel go big boom

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CommieGIR posted:

I did paraphrase it with: "Just my opinion". And yes, I'm aware its a 'Small Block V8'

Maybe I got sick of it because every damned car meet is "Check out my LS, Here's my LS. Look at my LS".
Basically nothing competes with the LS for easily obtainable power density. Stick a big turbo on a small motor and you get mediocre power and a lot of lag.

Galler posted:

Doing more with more is also an option.
Yup.
A stock LS still makes more power than most turbo 4s, and you can get as much power as you want by sticking a blower or turbo(s) on the V8.
Engines are air pumps. More air in, more power out. Forced induction adds effective cubic inches, but at the end of the day a 6L engine is still more effective cubes than 20psi on a 2L. There are side benefits to the turbo 4 in the realm of fuel economy when not on the boost, but thats not always the goal.

Rhyno posted:

They canceled my coverage after determining that I "doctored my earning statements."

Sounds about right.

And on a total side note, why are V6/V8 engines usually disproportionately bigger than I4s?
The average 4 banger is about 2 liters, adding 50% more pistons should get a 3L, but the average 6 is about 3.5L. Doubling the the 4 banger should be 4L, but the average V8 is a 5.0 or 6.0+.
Whats the reasoning behind that?

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 12, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ilkhan posted:

A stock LS still makes more power than most turbo 4s, and you can get as much power as you went by sticking a blower or turbo(s) on the V8.

Hot Rod Magazine tried to blow up what they thought was a 5.3 LSx (well, truck iron block version). They found out later it was actually a 4.8. It managed over 1200 HP and over 60 dyno pulls without even a sneeze, though they did build up the top end. Bottom end was a completely stock junkyard engine that was sold to them as a truck 5.3, aside from changing the ring gap.

They gave up on trying to blow it up, the tl;dr is the ignition system couldn't handle more than 26 PSI of boost. :iiam:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Rhyno posted:

OTOH my wife couldn't get health insurance for any sum of money before it passed because she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, an easily managed condition that requires a single annual blood test and a $5/30 day supply generic prescription.

Basically, because she would require about $150 in annual costs (they wouldn't even have to pay for the prescription since $5 is lower than pretty much any Rx copay) the insurance industry deemed her uninsurable.

This is literally the system the Republican candidates want to return us to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Geoj posted:

OTOH my wife couldn't get health insurance for any sum of money before it passed because she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, an easily managed condition that requires a single annual blood test and a $5/30 day supply generic prescription.

Basically, because she would require about $150 in annual costs (they wouldn't even have to pay for the prescription since $5 is lower than pretty much any Rx copay) the insurance industry deemed her uninsurable.

Well I'm glad it's working out for her. There should just be a way to opt out and not be fined for it. This is getting stupider nd stupider with every time I speak to them. They want $720 for this year so far despite me having documents detailing that my coverage was canceled months ago.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

They've apparently got a person-of-interest in custody regarding the freeway shootings. In the meantime...

That's hilarious.

DPS thinks that there are 3 people doing this. A road rager, the 'bullet' shooter, and a third person using rocks or BB's. No clue which one they may think the 'person of interest' is, who they have charged for possession of pot, but not related to the shootings.

For those not in AZ, we have now had 11 vehicles hit by something since Aug 29 on the local freeways, mostly on a stretch of I-10, 8 of them were bullets, and 3 of them by 'other projectiles'. Nobody has been injured, but of course the media has fanned this into quite a frenzy now.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hahahaha. You should try what we have here. Lovely thing called Medicare, and theres an annual levy on EVERYONE who earns more than $26,000 a year (20-26K its part payment, 20K or less its nill payment) thats 2% of your taxable income

Theres a compulsory payment if you earn more than $90k a year and if you dont have private health insurance.

So your options are- Pay $$$$ a month for private health insurance, or pay 2.0% of your income at tax time as a levy (unless you earn over $90K, then you pay 2% regardless of whether you have insurance or not)

so my $58K a year would cost me around $1200 in medicare levy (its a bit less because of tax free thresholds and other shenanigans) OR I can spend about the same on health insurance and get things like optical and dental part paid out too.

HOWEVER

It means that ANYONE in Australia can stagger into an ER or a hospital and be treated, for however long and for whatever disease or illness, without cost to themselves. Thats worth everyone putting in a little bit.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ilkhan posted:

And on a total side note, why are V6/V8 engines usually disproportionately bigger than I4s?
The average 4 banger is about 2 liters, adding 50% more pistons should get a 3L, but the average 6 is about 3.5L. Doubling the the 4 banger should be 4L, but the average V8 is a 5.0 or 6.0+.
Whats the reasoning behind that?

4 bangers get a lot more harsh with size (they're balanced, but have a really strong second order vibration); 2.5 is basically as large as you can realistically go, even on performance cars (Porsche had a 3.0 in the 944 and 968 but that's really pushing it.) So above that you switch to 6 cylinders because they're a hell of a lot smoother, 100% balanced in the case of I6es. Below that it's not worth the expense because in a lot of cars length (of the car body/engine compartment) is a lot bigger constraint than width nowadays with firewalls moving forward, so it's hard to cram 2 cylinder banks in there.

You could make tiny V8s instead of V6es, but either:
  • You're just making a short stroke/smallbore/both version of a larger V8 to save money, meaning you have no savings in space or weight, or
  • You spend an inordinate amount of money to have an engine that's physically smaller by a marginal degree
But there are outliers there too; Honda had a 600cc I6 in the CBX600, Mazda made a 1.8L V6, and apparently GMC made a V6 ranging from 5 to 7.8L on the large end, so they do exist there. For V8s, if you include bikes and F1 engines you can have a complete range from 1 to 9.4 liters.

So it's not so much that other engines are disproportionately larger as 4 (and 3) cylinder engines are forced to be disproportionately small for reasons arising from their low cylinder count.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

Cripes, even a manager couldn't give enough of a poo poo to do deliveries? When poo poo hits the fan, the GM will drive as long as there's another manager inside the store. Every GM I've worked under at the Hut has been willing to do that.

If she did, there would be only one person running both make and cut tables and they'd get overwhelmed fast. The one cook we are able to schedule gets in at 7 when the gm leaves. The shift manager can't do it either since she's the one running cut table. We just don't have the people. We lost a server and our new cook yesterday too.

They're about to get screwed hard tomorrow too. I'm off for the first time in 9 days leaving them with four people, two of whom will be gone by 8pm. I'm turning my phone off and going to a football game. RIP our delivery average.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Geoj posted:

Also in argument (on your side), I haven't had employer-sponsored health care coverage since 2012 - and it was a terrible plan. The last remotely decent plan I had was when I worked for Whole Foods, and it still had a fairly high deductible ($2500 IIRC, though they gave me $1800/yr on a FSA), and it still didn't cover mental health.

The last time I saw a doctor before the ACA passed was when I was a student at UNT in 2012 - they had a free campus clinic for students (well, dr visits were free, everything else was basically at-cost - bloodwork was stupid cheap, for example) with awesome doctors. Got diagnosed with high blood pressure there. After I left UNT, I didn't see a doctor again until 2014 - when I was diagnosed with high cholesterol and diabetes. I've also been in the hospital a few times since then; I'd be considering bankruptcy (if I hadn't already filed) right now if I didn't have insurance - they've covered about $100k worth of poo poo. Catching up on deferred maintenance basically, except for my body instead of my car.

Yeah, it's a HMO, but it's affordable for me, and as long as I have a doctor I like, I have no issues with it. I'm sure my insurance company would love to dump me since they've paid out more in the past year than I've actually made in the past 3-5 years, but it's the only way I've been able to afford healthcare. I'd probably be dead within the next few years had I not gotten blood pressure and diabetes medications.

Great Beer posted:

If she did, there would be only one person running both make and cut tables and they'd get overwhelmed fast. The one cook we are able to schedule gets in at 7 when the gm leaves. The shift manager can't do it either since she's the one running cut table. We just don't have the people. We lost a server and our new cook yesterday too.

They're about to get screwed hard tomorrow too. I'm off for the first time in 9 days leaving them with four people, two of whom will be gone by 8pm. I'm turning my phone off and going to a football game. RIP our delivery average.

My boss knows better than to call me on my day off unless poo poo has REALLY hit the fan; I'm the last resort option. Partly because I live in another city (therefore it takes me at least 15 minutes to get there), partly because I've been hosed long and hard before by leaving my phone on on my days off.

I'm scheduled dinner rush tomorrow. But whatever my stepdad had last week seems to have attached itself to me as of today, so there's a very good chance I'll be calling in sick (have chills, tons of drainage, and generally feel like my body is inside a trash compactor). It's my only short shift of the week (and my only dinner shift; I'm usually gone by 6-7pm, since I open 4 days a week), so it won't really be a big loss (I'm only scheduled 5-9). I normally open, so calling in for an opening shift is generally seen as "oh hell no".

Football season is coming, you'll probably want to ask about working football shifts. They can be insanely busy, depending on the store. But it really sounds like your franchise is managed by a bunch of fuckwits. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 12, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Ferremit posted:

It means that ANYONE in Australia can stagger into an ER or a hospital and be treated, for however long and for whatever disease or illness, without cost to themselves. Thats worth everyone putting in a little bit.

And that is why I have zero problems with the levy. It is awesome.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I keep going back and forth on whether to sell the Miata. Right now I'm in the mood where I think I'll keep it and maybe use it as a toy/track car down the road.

As boring as it is, I'm really loving the Mazda3. It's so comfortable and quiet. :v: I wish the 2.5L didn't drink so much gas, though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ferremit posted:

Because when the world's going to poo poo around you, and there's no hope of it changing for the better, and when there's little to look forward to than the slim chance that it'll end quickly for you in a way that will cause you to be remembered... You can at least retain your self respect, and know that you're better than those compression-ignition heathens.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

You can at least retain your self respect, and know that you're better than those compression-ignition heathens.

I will fight you on the powder lakes, just as soon as I get this hard start diagnosed.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

meatpimp posted:

Amidst and among the earlier nonsense, I mentioned I was looking for a 7 passenger beater vehicle.

What do I need to know about a '98 Ford Expedition 4x4 with the 5.4 V8?
Like stated, the 5.4 has spark plug stripping issues. And they all have issues with lovely coil packs.

If anyone ever asks you to do a serpentine belt on a 2az-fe 2.4l Toyota, tell them to kick rocks.
I had to remove both side engine mounts to be able to twist the motor enough to get the idler pulley "sub assembly" off. Putting it back on was a nightmare because it is sandwiched between the timing cover (chain driven so no cracking that seal) so you had to tap it back on very carefully with pretty much no room between the engine and firewall. 2 bolts require dropping the motor as far as possible, and the other two required raising it. With the mounts off I lowered it too much and might have damaged an axle boot...

I put in the updated serpentine tensioner design (thank you ebay, $260 from Toyota, $190 from RA, $25 for a factory used one from eBay) which doesn't use a hydraulic cylinder, replaced the bearing and pulley since it was used, new idler (which was the bad part), and new serpentine belt. It's back to being so smooth and quiet in the car.

I also cut my palm prying out the idler sub assembly bad enough that I had to super glue it shut.
gently caress newer cars.

In better news, the 323 has a new stock Chinese exhaust which makes it much more tolerable and took 30min to install. All that's left is fixing the AC.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

some texas redneck posted:

Wait, you can't even flash the factory image without unlocking it? :psyduck:

That is exactly the case, unless you check the "Allow OEM Unlock." So if it shits and won't boot... brick.

I'm honestly surprised that is even a possibility.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So you can't flash a custom recovery, sideload the image, and flash it? I was having the exact issues you are having, but with my HTC One M7, and I had to go through that song and dance night before last. Took a few hours, but recovered my bricked phone. Ended up stepping through like four different custom recoveries until one would stick, on two different computers. TWRP allows bypassing the security requirements on-device for when it fails through adp.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geirskogul posted:

So you can't flash a custom recovery, sideload the image, and flash it? I was having the exact issues you are having, but with my HTC One M7, and I had to go through that song and dance night before last. Took a few hours, but recovered my bricked phone. Ended up stepping through like four different custom recoveries until one would stick, on two different computers. TWRP allows bypassing the security requirements on-device for when it fails through adp.

That's the thing, there's no bypassing, period, unless you've already rooted the phone (or had the Allow OEM Upload checked). Dead stock N6 phone, interrupted during a monthly Android update resulted in an unrecoverable brick.

First thing I loving do with the replacement that should show up today? Rooting the poo poo out of it.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Doing my 5th or so rewatch of the A-team (they're all on Netflix) and...

How do you say "witness me" in French?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Amidst and among the earlier nonsense, I mentioned I was looking for a 7 passenger beater vehicle.

What do I need to know about a '98 Ford Expedition 4x4 with the 5.4 V8?

I'd pass on all 5.4 powered anything Fords. I was looking at a Expedition myself, but they are absolute cunts to work on. But for what it's worth, the contractor the railroad uses to haul crews around uses expeditions, the oldest one had 606,000 (yes that's correct, 1 engine, 2 trannys - 606,000 miles). It was mostly idling and highway driving as well.

But that drat 5.4 engine is a whore when it breaks.

Per our previous discussion, the LX470 would be a good candidate too, they hold up really well. And failing that, the Suburban is always a safe bet, but make sure you get the Denali or Escalade so if has the 6.0 or the 06 Suburban did come with 6.0's in a late production run. The 5.3 isn't a bad motor, but the 6.0 is much much better and the fuel economy is pretty much the same.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'd pass on all 5.4 powered anything Fords. I was looking at a Expedition myself, but they are absolute cunts to work on. But for what it's worth, the contractor the railroad uses to haul crews around uses expeditions, the oldest one had 606,000 (yes that's correct, 1 engine, 2 trannys - 606,000 miles). It was mostly idling and highway driving as well.

But that drat 5.4 engine is a whore when it breaks.

Per our previous discussion, the LX470 would be a good candidate too, they hold up really well. And failing that, the Suburban is always a safe bet, but make sure you get the Denali or Escalade so if has the 6.0 or the 06 Suburban did come with 6.0's in a late production run. The 5.3 isn't a bad motor, but the 6.0 is much much better and the fuel economy is pretty much the same.

Yeah, I forgot about those ridiculous plugs in the 5.4.

I think the Trailblazer/Envoy could be a contender... tons of them around here, dirt cheap. That gives me time to cherry pick a good one.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
My biggest beef with the trailblazer is the economy isn't much better than a full size Tahoe.

That and the garbage electric fan on the 6 banger. The Denali model had a 5.3 in them, so you cannabinoid that noise.

I'd add the Commander to your short list. I didn't care for the fit and finish on the interior though.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

meatpimp posted:

That's the thing, there's no bypassing, period, unless you've already rooted the phone (or had the Allow OEM Upload checked). Dead stock N6 phone, interrupted during a monthly Android update resulted in an unrecoverable brick.

First thing I loving do with the replacement that should show up today? Rooting the poo poo out of it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/toolkit-wugs-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-9-8-t2947452

In case you don't feel like doing everything manually. I used this toolkit when I still used my Nexus 4.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
This cancer thing has made me a lightweight, i am so hung over its kinda funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

mariooncrack posted:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6/development/toolkit-wugs-nexus-root-toolkit-v1-9-8-t2947452

In case you don't feel like doing everything manually. I used this toolkit when I still used my Nexus 4.

That is great, thank you. If I had found that before, I would have used it to backup my N5 and set up the N6 and I wouldn't have to start from scratch!

• Locked thread