Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Helical Nightmares posted:

Excuse me sir. That's clearly a hubcap buckler

:frogout:
+1 AC, +2 AC vs. Toyotas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Favored Enemy: Hatchbacks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Arivia posted:

My pathfinder game tonight had one point where the players seriously thought about having an entire army piss into the mouth of Winson Paine's character to drug test them all. It was the Whizzard come to life!

Winson_Paine posted:

I CAN TASTE PISS

Winson_Paine posted:

god it just occured to me that GBSism is over a decade old now

kingcom posted:

Old man paine and his pissisms.

Ningyou posted:

i can't think of any good pee puns and it's making me feel a little pisspirited :(

Error 404 posted:

But did you get head?

Zurui posted:

Urine trouble for this piss-poor pun.

Davin Valkri posted:

Urine luck, ammonia single man but wee can share our puns. Ureally want to make them?

(You're in, I'm only a, you really, oh god why?! It hurts!)

Captain Foo posted:

penis in ear = dance all night

Winson_Paine posted:

ugh, the puns have started, clear the urea

Error 404 posted:

Eyes.
Goggles.
Nothing.
:gonk:

Captain Foo posted:

5 golden manbabies for this, good sir

Jimbozig posted:

I'd write a bigpeeler story for the thread to contribute but I don't have the dedication for that.

Actually, just go listen to "Risk". It's basically the bigpeeler of podcasts.

grassy gnoll posted:

Tell us about Partycat again, grandpa Winson.

Ningyou posted:

SNORTS A LINE OF FINELY SHREDDED ELFGAME PAGE

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghghghgghfuck that's the good stuff" i muse to myself before dressing up like an ethereal faerie princess and flipping over a cop car in a terrifying blur of wonder and whimsy and cocaine-fueled rage

a bloodcurdling scream escapes my lips as the few surviving onlookers stare, frozen and horrified

"that's like five xp right"

"does eoris have xp"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FishFood posted:

It looks like the thread for this has died so I'm posting this here! I'm looking to start a WFRP 3rd Edition campaign and I'm setting it in an alt-history fantasy Hellenistic period. I've statted out Orcs because Orcs rule and they're filling in as Scythians in the setting. I've got the document here if anyone with some experience with the system wants to look over it and tell me how terrible it all looks.

Fantasy hellenic world is a cool concept and I will destroy all the unfathomably horrible posts after this one in order not to sully it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Its a good idea in spite of plutonis' support.

Dec 26, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Fantasy hellenic world is a cool concept and I will destroy all the unfathomably horrible posts after this one in order not to sully it.

Very well.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
You hosed up by not using hot shots 2 kill counter

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

FastestGunAlive posted:

You hosed up by not using hot shots 2 kill counter

:agreed:

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Thanks all! It's a setting I've been thinking about for a long time and pulling my hair out over making maps and poo poo and then just decided "gently caress it, gonna use nat geo maps and make it alt history". Any feedback on the orc stats?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I'm not gonna lie I would buy an LSD blotter that was on a printed picture of a d&d player handbook cover.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone back the new edition of Mutant Chronicles? I saw that the book has been online for a while but no one has really commented on it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Did anyone back the new edition of Mutant Chronicles? I saw that the book has been online for a while but no one has really commented on it.

I backed it but haven't had the time to sit down and really read it yet, sorry.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Morbid curiosity, I suppose, but did Traveller5 ever get somewhat unfucked? I see there's still some kind of errata effort going on.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Somehow I doubt it. Mongoose Traveller is apparently getting a new edition though.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

quote:

The second edition of CthulhuTech is ready for your feedback! Merge magic with technology and Lovecraftian horrors in the near future in this award-winning RPG.

We're doing an Open Beta for the first of the new Core Books – The Shadow War, focusing on the conflict between the Eldritch Society and the Children of Chaos. Players take on the role of those who have joined in symbiosis with something from Outside in order to fight against a corrupt cult that is rotting out the government from within.

This edition is very different from the original. We've listened to our fans throughout the years.

More focused material
More accessible
Revised and streamlined rules, backed up by careful mathematical analysis
Greatly expanded Character options
Customizable Tagers
None of that stuff that made people cringe from the first edition

All in all, this edition is intended to be a more fully realized vision, that is more user friendly.

Instructions for giving up feedback are included. Files will be updated as development continues.

So join in the fun! What have you got to lose?

Here.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Somehow I doubt it. Mongoose Traveller is apparently getting a new edition though.

I picked up the beta for the new mongoose traveller, and it's a nice refinement of the first edition. Not sure it's worth picking up if you either hated the first one or already have all the books for it.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Speaking as someone who thinks 'giant robots vs Cthulhu' was a fantastic concept pissed away...

They want me to (physically) sign an NDA, which they don't include in the packet.

They want all feedback through their dedicated subreddit, which I can understand, but like hell I'm signing up for Reddit just for this.

"Feedback should be positive. We like constructive criticism."

So far, so bollocks. I think I'll wait and see.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

potatocubed posted:

Speaking as someone who thinks 'giant robots vs Cthulhu' was a fantastic concept pissed away...

They want me to (physically) sign an NDA, which they don't include in the packet.

They want all feedback through their dedicated subreddit, which I can understand, but like hell I'm signing up for Reddit just for this.

So far, so bollocks. I think I'll wait and see.

Feedback should be positive = We don't actually want this beta to improve our game at all.

See: all trpg beta releases.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

None of that stuff that made people cringe from the first edition

So, all of CthulhuTech?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

I picked up the beta for the new mongoose traveller, and it's a nice refinement of the first edition. Not sure it's worth picking up if you either hated the first one or already have all the books for it.

How does it compare to Stars Without Number?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Covok posted:

Feedback should be positive = We don't actually want this beta to improve our game at all.

See: all trpg beta releases.

13th Age was pretty responsive to negative feedback. Some elements didn't improve and some became actively worse, but there was also feedback-based redesign that went beyond simply balancing the numbers.

Of course they also didn't have an NDA (for a few days :v:)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
A mediocre CthulhuTech with dodgy rules that still won't let Shinji get in the drat cyborg eldritch abomination is a hell of a lot better than the original.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Swagger Dagger posted:

What kind of changes have they made?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

potatocubed posted:

And with one short line they destroy any and all hope I had in them producing something even vaguely playable.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You know, if you can't handle people saying anything negative about your work, regardless of how polite or correct they might be, you might not be cut out for a creative field like this one.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Maybe they mean "tell us what we are doing wrong instead of shouting that this is garbage or triggers you"? But if that was the case they could have just said "constructive". I don't know if I trust these guys enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 14, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I kind of get the impression that's what they meant, but their statement leans more in the other direction.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Asking for positive feedback only is a good way to not get any good feedback on your game. People will be too concerned with whether or not they're using the right tone to actually give you anything useful.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

Maybe they mean "tell us what we are doing wrong instead of shouting that this is garbage or triggers you"? But if that was the case they could have just said "constructive". I don't know if I trust tjese guys enough to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If new Cthulutech is like old Cthulutech, you could actually point out that there's legitimately triggering poo poo in there to sexual assault survivors for example, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Arivia posted:

If new Cthulutech is like old Cthulutech, you could actually point out that there's legitimately triggering poo poo in there to sexual assault survivors for example, though.

The writers of Cthulutech have specifically stated that they realized how lovely all the triggering stuff was in the first edition, and are trying to make good in this new one.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Serf posted:

Asking for positive feedback only is a good way to not get any good feedback on your game. People will be too concerned with whether or not they're using the right tone to actually give you anything useful.

On the flipside, you could end up with a D&D Next/Pathfinder situation where any feedback given is given token notice before being tossed away.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Helical Nightmares posted:

How does it compare to Stars Without Number?

The systems are totally different, Stars Without Number is better if you like retroclones. I think the system generation in Traveller is better, but I really like the faction turn in SWN.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What kind of changes have they made?

Jumping from space scale to personal scale combat is a lot easier now, since they've more or less unified all the different systems they were using. They've also simplified the damage rules a lot. Ships have a power rating you have to worry about now, so you get stuff like having to cut the power to the engines to keep shooting all your weapons if you've taken damage or you've jury-rigged way too many guns onto a ship.

Character generation is still random, but they're including support for other methods. I haven't noticed any sort of "you're dead, start over" stuff for bad rolls. They've consolidated some skills where it made sense.

Instead of a bunch of dice modifiers, they basically took Advantage/Disadvantage dice from D&D 5th.

It's 90% the same, honestly. The biggest change that has older fans mad is that they've consolidated all of the shipbuilding rules and moved them to a different book instead of having basic rules in the core and advanced rules in a supplement.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

On the flipside, you could end up with a D&D Next/Pathfinder situation where any feedback given is given token notice before being tossed away.

Oh yeah, this is all assuming that they are asking in good faith. It has to start with the intent to actually accept critique.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Captain Walker posted:

I'm gonna try running my dream campaign once more, this time in Strike!. I'm envisioning a crypto-Metal Gear high action spy-fi thing. Unfortunately most of my players are not familiar with MGS. How do I get them in the right frame of mind? We'll probably run a test session as a kind of prologue.

Have them play MGS. All of it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Esser-Z posted:

Have them play MGS. All of it.

E-even Portable Ops? Ghost Babel? Ac!d? Have mercy!

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Serf posted:

MERCY IS NOT DISPENSED HERE, FOOL.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Esser-Z posted:

MERCY IS NOT DISPENSED HERE, FOOL.

You're a monster!

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Serf posted:

Acid 2 was the most fun one could have with a PSP prior to Peace Walker. I'll give you portable ops though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
What's Fantasy Flight's track record like? I heard they bought L5R and I'm wondering if that means a new edition with a bunch of new fiddle little rules.

It's p. cool that they're gonna continue the card game, I guess. But calling it a Living Card Game will never not sound ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What would be the best system for running a horror themed King of the Hill game? I had a vision yesterday of Hank Hill and pals squaring off against Lovecraftian horrors and I haven't been able to shake it.

• Locked thread