Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Next: Exciting action as Guran pushes for legislative reforms in a pre-modern tribal society! Watch the Phantom grin smugly from the sidelines as filibusters pile on!

Snipe edit: seriously, writers of the Phantom, go gently caress yourselves.

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Next Week: Maybe something interesting happens, finally! It's been over a year!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I mean...this story wouldn't have been so bad if there hadn't been weeks of the phantom's kids being dipshits.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Transmodiar posted:

Safe Havens

It just occurred to me. She's communicating with the merpeople via the sink drain. Christ...

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 9/12/2004

Juliette must have some serious bicep strength if she could still pull off a chin-up with Edda attached.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

{Species} has {characteristic}. Whatevs.

Mark Trail

Ken, dude, you totally nailed it!

:v:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Ms Boods posted:

Wait -- I haven't lived in the US for several years now -- is this a thing there now? (Not remarking on 11 September, but that people light candles for it, &c.).

I've never seen the candle thing. What a lot of people do do though is turn it into a day of service or charity. this year there were a fair number of organizations just saying "do a quiet good deed on Sept 11."

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

o/` BWAH-bwah-bwaaaaaaaaa! o/`

Personally, I choose to believe that Starhead is a transparently obvious 22 Jumpstreet-style undercover cop and Dez is lying her rear end off.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Peter's in the back there like, "Well, I guess this is happening now. Probably nothing I can do about it. I wonder if the ice cream bar is still open."

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

So many possibilities for that last frame.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The mom in Zits has a name?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

The Sphinxster posted:

The mom in Zits has a name?

Yep, and the Dad's is Walt.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I think I love this story already.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set debates linguistic theories.

Working Daze abuses the help.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix takes a stand.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

dismas posted:

I mean...this story wouldn't have been so bad if there hadn't been weeks of the phantom's kids being dipshits.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't basically been endless teasing about how maybe the status quo will change a tiny bit before deciding that no, it won't, even though Guran is unable to fulfill his duties according to the rubric he himself set.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 12, 2015

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Like a nun with a wardrobe malfunction, it's all down to a Bad Habit Comix.

Pooch Café

That's not where their noses, ears or assholes are, so I have no idea what those dumb birds are supposed to be picking.

Ballard Street

Serves you right for putting off your replanting until September. Those plants are like three weeks away from dying in the first frost anyway.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 13-14, 1928)

Peanuts, in which I drop another reminder that the old, old approach to this strip that a lot of you fell in love with didn't completely vanish just because everybody got an attitude and Snoopy moved into a TARDIS. :colbert: (September 14, 1968)

I mean jeez, it's not like Sparky wrote Funky Winkerbean or something.

He...doesn't want to get the cancer vibes on him?

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 21-22, 1927)

Thimble Theater (April 1, 1929)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix takes a stand.

I bet a lot of people get Hates-Crime Man and Hate-Crime Man confused.

F Minus

Mary Worth

I have to say I don't envy Mary having to deal with these two idiots. I guess it gives her a smug sense of superiority.

Rex Morgan MD

I'm sorry to say I'm forgotten why they are doing...whatever they are doing. Chinese hackers or something? Maybe I'll look back at some past strips. I assume eventually they'll restate the premise of the story, like most comics do constantly.

Secret Agent X-9

I bet the answer is "Yes."

Apartment 3-G

Margo want go home now.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 12, 2015

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

EasyEW posted:

He...doesn't want to get the cancer vibes on him?

Again, it'll never happen but if he managed to accidentally erase/destroy the tapes in an entirely non-recoverable way, I'd be, well, not exactly happy about the strip, but at least slightly less angry with it.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

Margo want go home now.

Margo only pawn in game of life.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

TofuDiva posted:

I've never seen the candle thing. What a lot of people do do though is turn it into a day of service or charity. this year there were a fair number of organizations just saying "do a quiet good deed on Sept 11."

Ah! That's lovely -- thanks!

Kill it with fire.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ms Boods posted:

Kill it with fire.

Soak the ashes in gasoline and burn it again.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mister Kingdom posted:

Soak the ashes in gasoline and burn it again.

Then urinate on the ashes and never think about it again.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Yep, and the Dad's is Walt.

While we're at it, Jeremy has an older brother named Chad.

Yes, Chad & Jeremy.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (September 14, 1957)

What kind of half-assed existential dread is Friday the 13th if he just flat out forgets about it half of the time?

Peanuts: Year "At Least It's Not 1968 Yet" (April 6-8, 1953)

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
"The destruction of your planet will begin in 12 of your hours."

Mister Beeg posted:

While we're at it, Jeremy has an older brother named Chad.

Yes, Chad & Jeremy.
The Chuck Cunningham of the comics.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'm sorry to say I'm forgotten why they are doing...whatever they are doing. Chinese hackers or something? Maybe I'll look back at some past strips. I assume eventually they'll restate the premise of the story, like most comics do constantly.

I just assumed they're doing some 11th-hour secret deals with clients and suppliers in order to keep the Avery International board execs from deposing the addled-as-hell Mr. Avery, because we've seen a lot of him being addled as hell so it's got to be relevant to the story, right??

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Presto posted:

The Chuck Cunningham of the comics.

Eh, Chad barely appeared even in the early years, since he's away in college. Occasionally he'll show up during the Holidays, but not always.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

At least it's not still about judge rat. But in my experience, most churchgoers aren't improved by spandex.

Pros & Cons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Then why is she acting like that?"
"I have no idea."

Seriously, if there was nothing "special" in the brownies, then why did she start acting that way? :argh:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Evil Mastermind posted:

Seriously, if there was nothing "special" in the brownies, then why did she start acting that way? :argh:
You've never been around a friend who thinks they're getting high or drunk so they start getting euphoric and then just goof around all night? Believing yourself relieved of stress is being relieved of stress. It's not like she start hallucinating and seeing Gunthers dissolving into snakes instead of drums or something.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wrong! 'Absolutely nothing' is the new street name for uncut cocaine. All the cool kids know that :smug:

Mark my words Luann is going to be all sorts of trainspotting by this time next week.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spiderdrake posted:

You've never been around a friend who thinks they're getting high or drunk so they start getting euphoric and then just goof around all night? Believing yourself relieved of stress is being relieved of stress. It's not like she start hallucinating and seeing Gunthers dissolving into snakes instead of drums or something.
I've never been friends with an American teen comedy, so no.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

But if Bernice thought they were laced in the first place, why'd she eat them? It doesn't make sense for her to just decide to eat weed brownies out of nowhere and without hesitation given that her personality is established as "bland wet blanket".

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Fritzi Ritz

Sick, Sick, Sick (click for big)

Wee Pals

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

It'll be amazing if MJ convinces him that taking over the surface world wont bring her back and this plot ends in about 3 more strips without Spidey doing a thing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ghostlight posted:

I've never been friends with an American teen comedy, so no.

Apparently you've never been to college either.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Classic Dilbert

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just realized that the guy who did Everett True was probably the most impotent, most introverted guy alive (uh, back then)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Mastermind posted:

But if Bernice thought they were laced in the first place, why'd she eat them? It doesn't make sense for her to just decide to eat weed brownies out of nowhere and without hesitation given that her personality is established as "bland wet blanket".

Actually, that's a good point; even if there weren't drugs in there, Bernice knowingly and willingly ate them when she thought there was. Bernice: A-OK with marijuana and thanking the person she thought gave it to her. I don't think that's how they meant to characterize her but it's canon now.

• Locked thread