Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Irish Joe posted:

:lol:

This is an amazingly easy problem to solve if you would get off Something Awful for a minute and just explain the situation to your boss.

I did the last time it happened, he told me it would be fixed. It was not. I have told him about this as well. Again, I have been told it will be fixed. Place your bets, boys and girls :shepspends:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I did the last time it happened, he told me it would be fixed. It was not. I have told him about this as well. Again, I have been told it will be fixed. Place your bets, boys and girls :shepspends:

I don't know how your payroll system works, but normally there's some lag between when you work and when you get paid for that work. For example, I will get paid for work I did today on October 2nd because the payroll period is two weeks (9/6-9/19) paychecks are distributed every other Friday (9/4, 9/18, 10/2, etc), and the first paycheck after today's payroll period ends comes on 10/2, roughly three weeks from now. If you're working under a similar system, there will be a similar delay between your complaint and your recompense. Say you were shorted on 8/26. If you immediately notified your boss and he took steps to correct it, the lost shift would have been bundled with your pay from the week of 8/26 (as opposed to when you actually earned it).

Of course, your boss should have explained all this to you (if it is, in fact, the case) or have at least given you a firm date on when you would receive the back pay. If he hasn't or is being evasive, you need to talk to HR because he is either 1) incompetent or 2) trying to shave hours to make himself look better and hoping nobody notices. In either case, the solution isn't to stamp your feet and make idle threats at the workplace, or here, but to pick up the phone and start making calls.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just crossed my legs and the inner seam of my shorts squished my balls.

:stonk: is an appropriate emote for the feeling I have at the moment.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I've just moved to a new flat. My internet was supposed to be moved to the new address between one and six pm today. It's now well after six and it hasn't even been disabled at the old place yet, which probably means it'll be Monday before it actually gets sorted out. And the ISP aren't answering when I phone them "due to the large number of calls they're currently receiving".

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

JustAurora posted:

My whole neighborhood is being very supportive of me after a terrifying ordeal last week. Yay! They are doing this by honking their horns at me or slowing down their cars to talk to me as I walk my dog, which is giving me anxiety attacks/flashbacks. Very not yay.

*honks horn* *revs engine aggressively behind you*

YAH HEARD YOU WERE IN A HIT AN RUN? YOU FEELING OK?

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I came to work early and enjoyed the quiet office but people are arriving and the girl in the next aisle has the sexy baby voice and I want to strangle her or something.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
I'm on vacation with my folks and I won't get home until after 10pm on Sunday and I have to go back to work on Monday so there's no time to sit around and play video games.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Jeza posted:

*honks horn* *revs engine aggressively behind you*

YAH HEARD YOU RENTED FAST AND FURIOUS 7 FROM THE REDBOX YESSERDAY. YOU FEELIN OKAY?

There we go.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I painted some props but only had acrylic so now I have to buy a sealant and I just wanna laze around.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I just found out I'm about to start a four day weekend, so I haven't made any plans. It'll be great having the time off, but I'll probably be super bored.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I have somehow missed the UPS guy who's supposed to pick up the Amazon Echo my boyfriend rear end-dialed two days in a row. Yesterday he came while I was in the shower. Today we waited til 545, decided he wasn't coming, and went out to dinner only to come home to a "Sorry we missed you" slip on the door. If we miss him again tomorrow, we're going to be stuck with this thing.

Also, a guy at a nearby table at the restaurant was the worst kind of loudmouth, pretentious wanker. My meal was delicious, but goddamn was he obnoxious.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
A fag is giving me free cocaine at the bar. I do not want my dick sucked by a dude but am going to get all the free drugs I can. Happy weekend goons!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

JustAurora posted:

My whole neighborhood is being very supportive of me after a terrifying ordeal last week. Yay! They are doing this by honking their horns at me or slowing down their cars to talk to me as I walk my dog, which is giving me anxiety attacks/flashbacks. Very not yay.

Where I live now (NYC) honking your horn exclusively means either "hurry the gently caress up" or "get the hell out of my way", but where I grew up if you ever heard a car horn the only thing it could mean was one of your friends was driving past your house.

Today my first world problem is that I want the new expansion for Destiny, but they won't let you buy it unless you have the first two, which I don't want and will cost an extra $35.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I am unemployed. Although my living situation is stable, I have spending money, and I am not suffering in any way, I want a job and my own place.

The new game for my DS is super fun but entirely stylus-controlled so my hand goes numb quickly.

I started reading a book I was "saving" but it ended up being poorly written and disappointing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The 99 cent store near my place is now 'lovely items are a buck, halfway lovely are $2, and basic poo poo $3." I've seen some loving $6 things there. You can't call yourself a dollar store when half your stock isn't a buck.

I can't tell if my Costco membership has expired. I can just pay for a new one, but my mom gets one free from work and I don't know if they plan to give those out again this year.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well those are all intervals of a dollar. I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse.

I painted some props and sealed them with a finish. They look great but I don't like the texture.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The biggest dollar store chain in Canada recently announced they can't afford to sell at $1 anymore because the CAD is so bad.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I always seem to get the loudest, chattiest Uber drivers when I'm hungover.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The order I made back on like Wednesday still says it's awaiting payment even though I paid immediately after making the order. So best case scenario is they ship it on Monday morning and I might get it on Tuesday, almost a whole week later, instead of the next day if they had a normal system in place.

This is bullshit, I could've gotten this poo poo delivered faster from the UK. It's just a part I need for my quadcopter and I could be doing something with the dozen other hobbies I have but I want to do this noooow :cry:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
One of my best friends got a whole whack of money from their parents' to go tour Europe. I really want to be happy for them but all I can think about is how they'd be better off squirreling at least some of that away to un-gently caress their living situation :smith: You don't have to spend every single cent you get.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I just bought Scholar of the First Sin for half price on steam but it's going to take an hour to download. I want to play Dark Souls now! :argh:

Update: I took a nap for an hour and now I am playing dark souls. :hellyeah:

Painful Dart Bomb has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Sep 13, 2015

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Websites are being designed for phones instead of PCs nowadays, and that sucks because most mobile site designs look really bad on a big screen.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My certified birth certificate copy that I've had since I was a tiny que isn't good enough to get a passport. I spent the better part of a week trying to arrange the necessaries by phone with my birth state until I landed on the one clerk who directed me to payments by Internet. Also got pretty well gouged for the fancy piece of paper too. At least when it's all over, I'll have official notarized documentation that I am truly QUE.

Rural record keeping can go blow a goat.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Well those are all intervals of a dollar. I'm not sure why you're being so obtuse.

I painted some props and sealed them with a finish. They look great but I don't like the texture.

Sorry, thought I put the store name in. It's the 99 Cent Only store and up till this year, everything in the store was a buck and they still have up all the old signs saying NOTHING OVER 99 CENTS. I feel bad for the poor cashiers.

At another store today there was some guy asking for donations for kids with cancer. The pitch started the second your foot touched the curb. "Hey man you wanna make a kid smile? Hey man you look busy, help a kid with cancer out!" He wasn't with any group I'd ever heard of. Seriously dude, you look as trustworthy as a frat boy with roofies and wine coolers. It didn't help that he was parked right next to the exit doors so if one person came out alone, he'd ambush them and not move out of the way.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

Websites are being designed for phones instead of PCs nowadays, and that sucks because most mobile site designs look really bad on a big screen.

I already bitched about this here, I think, but seriously, what the gently caress are they thinking.

http://www.seriouseats.com/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

bradzilla posted:

Yet restaurants still insist on having their menus in pdf format on their websites :argh:

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I'm so hungover.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Omg neighbor stop making delicious smelling food. Earlier they made Mexican style chicken soup and then they made garlic bread and now they're make some kind of steak. I know exactly what it is because the smell is SO STRONG. I've been drooling all night. Stop cookingggggg

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012
Strangers on the internet sometimes say things I disagree with. Nobody in my life does that because I prune my circle of friends regularly to avoid arguments, but its still pretty rough having to tell all of these people that they are wrong and that hitler agrees with them.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Marxism posted:

Strangers on the internet sometimes say things I disagree with. Nobody in my life does that because I prune my circle of friends regularly to avoid arguments, but its still pretty rough having to tell all of these people that they are wrong and that hitler agrees with them.

Hitler was a respected world leader, a successful military strategist, regarded as one of the greatest public speakers of all time and assembled one of the most powerful military alliances of the early 20th century. You can fault Hitler for a lot of things, but at the end of the day, he was a pretty smart cookie.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tiggum posted:

I've just moved to a new flat. My internet was supposed to be moved to the new address between one and six pm today. It's now well after six and it hasn't even been disabled at the old place yet, which probably means it'll be Monday before it actually gets sorted out. And the ISP aren't answering when I phone them "due to the large number of calls they're currently receiving".

I ended up having limited internet access for a few hours today (most of which I was going to spend doing non-internet things anyway). Life is suffering.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Went on vacation and ended up going over my credit card limit so now that I'm back at work I can't go out to lunch till I pay some of my card off.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

There's a bunch of new videogames I want, but the standard pricing for games is now $70-$80, and I know I won't play them enough to justify that price.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

drgnwr1 posted:

Went on vacation and ended up going over my credit card limit so now that I'm back at work I can't go out to lunch till I pay some of my card off.

I initially requested a pretty conservative limit for my CC, but during the first vacation realized it wasn't nearly high enough. And the bank/law will only let me increase the limit by 10% a year or something retarded like that :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao you take vacations on credit that is like the dumbest loving thing. but enjoy paying off your weeklong vacation for the next five years

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i would like to see you get a plane ticket and hotel reservations without one

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
You can use a debit card. Alamo rental car also allows debit card. Only issue is they may put a big rear end hold or you have daily $ limits but it's perfectly doable.

mobby_6kl posted:

I initially requested a pretty conservative limit for my CC, but during the first vacation realized it wasn't nearly high enough. And the bank/law will only let me increase the limit by 10% a year or something retarded like that :(

I got my limit go up way over 10% in one phone call, I'm in the U.S. & chase bank. Chase loves your money.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Debit exists.

My first world problem of the day is that I went to an awesome Italian deli for lunch, but didn't think ahead to grab something for dinner.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 18:35 on Sep 16, 2015

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bhodi posted:

i would like to see you get a plane ticket and hotel reservations without one

Don't be pedantic, you know what I'm saying. Charging a vacation to a credit card at 20% interest is the dumbest thing. There's this thing called "saving money" that responsible adults do to pay for their vacation. Then you don't have a $300 payment with $120 interest every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Real adults charge everything to their credit cards for the bonus dollars, because it's tied to their bank and it takes 2 seconds to pay it off immediately.

Then use those bonus dollars for free movie passes to go see comic book movies marketed to children.