Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

mmmmmmmmyep. That it does, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Very good. I had trouble really getting into Yellow & Green, but if this is anything to go by Purple will own.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well Slayer's new album dropped today. Can't find it on Youtube yet but I found Pentagram's Relentless album instead and it's killer. It's probably also better than Slayer's album considering "Repentless" and "Implode".

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

owns, owns hard

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
poo poo, Jim from Nunslaughter suffered a stroke.

They set up a donation thing to help with medical costs: http://www.gofundme.com/da3v7zgg and there's a some updates on their facebook page.

It seems like he's somewhat ok, considering what happened.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
New Gorod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOyYavhaDmc

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
There's a new song from exmortus that appears to only be on spotify.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This band is going to be considered classic in like 30 years when we're all listening to post-death celestial mindslam. Song is great.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's something weird going on with that track though, it sounds like it's clipping for huge chunks of the song.

Don't think it's my headphones because other stuff sounds fine.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's a new song from exmortus that appears to only be on spotify.

Here you go:
http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exmortus-premiere-new-song-for-the-horde.html

It starts off pretty cool but IMO it got a little boring after that. I loving loved Slave to the Sword though so I'm looking forward to another album from them.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

This is what I imagine Metallica would have sounded like if they had written good songs after turning into a rock band.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

Love it :D

for once I was also not bothered by the lyric video, so kudos to them for that + neat art.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Monkeytime posted:

This is what I imagine Metallica would have sounded like if they had written good songs after turning into a rock band.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this thought.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Makes sense - IIRC John Baizley is a pretty big Metallica fan. I always heard a fair amount of influence from them even on the heavier albums.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm pretty worried I'll never enjoy another Baroness release with the way this is going

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Haha the new Slayer is pretty boring. And I semi-liked their last one.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Kerry wrote everything (save for a bit of "Piano Wire" composed by Jeff), so it wasn't a big surprise it's mediocre. Gary should have been allowed to contribute though. That would've made for a good album.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Kerry wrote everything (save for a bit of "Piano Wire" composed by Jeff), so it wasn't a big surprise it's mediocre. Gary should have been allowed to contribute though. That would've made for a good album.

Nothing can save the sinking ship that is Kerry King Inc.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
i feel like a total luddite, can someone explain to me why that baroness song isn't awful garbage?

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vulture Culture posted:

i feel like a total luddite, can someone explain to me why that baroness song isn't awful garbage?

I wouldn't call it awful garbage, but it doesn't interest or excite me at all. It's okay.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 22, 2016

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

MrBling posted:

poo poo, Jim from Nunslaughter suffered a stroke.

They set up a donation thing to help with medical costs: http://www.gofundme.com/da3v7zgg and there's a some updates on their facebook page.

It seems like he's somewhat ok, considering what happened.

I like what HHB said "Obituary raised money to give us a lovely album, why don't we raise money for a man who still gives us good music"

Seriously, even if it's a buck or too do it. It's very easy to donate for a well deserving dude.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

yeah, I don't get it either. Sounds like generic rock song. I chalk it up to diff''rent strokes cuz a lot of people really really like them but gently caress me if I know why.
I can kinda-sorta see the appeal I guess, but it really doesn't do anything for me personally. I wouldn't call it terrible, just "meh".

EDIT: Unrelated, I came across this band just yesterday. Pretty dumb name, but awesome no-frills power/speed metal, not totally unlike Helloween's earliest material, early Blind Guardian, some Running Wild, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2XaYreojg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou5-D3WfHBU

Productive bunch too, they just put out their fourth full-length since 2011.

EDIT2: Metal the Posers to Death is my new favourite songtitle.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 12, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Haggins posted:

I like what HHB said "Obituary raised money to give us a lovely album, why don't we raise money for a man who still gives us good music"

Seriously, even if it's a buck or too do it. It's very easy to donate for a well deserving dude.

Apparently Jim was able to stand up today while in the hospital, so that's a great sign. However, he still has a long way to go for his recovery, but hey, at least he's still kickin'.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vulture Culture posted:

I feel the same way, don't worry. We can be burned out curmudgeons together.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I liked it until the vocals kicked in and the song started properly, then I didn't like it. Waste of a good intro.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I fulfilled a life goal and moshed during Caught in a Mosh yesterday at Riot Fest. I have not willfully gone into a pit in three years. Now I truly understand how out of shape I am.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Vulture Culture posted:

I hate this kind of post. If you don't like something, that's fine. Nobody has to explain themselves.

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
Caught Tombs and Old Man Gloom last night, crushed. I don't like either on record very much but the shows ruled.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Also forgot to mention, Motorhead last night was truly depressing. Lemmy can't even sing or play Ace of Spades close to on time anymore. You'd think he'd be able to do that one just by muscle memory.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also forgot to mention, Motorhead last night was truly depressing. Lemmy can't even sing or play Ace of Spades close to on time anymore. You'd think he'd be able to do that one just by muscle memory.

Today I was supposed to go the the Motorhead show in Detroit with a friend but I hadn't gotten my ticket yet, and once I heard about Lemmy's depressing performance issues and bad health I decided to skip it. I'm not going to waste a 7 hour round trip for three to five songs before Lemmy might call it a day from being all tuckered out.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

e:nm

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Holy poo poo what happened to Anathema? Their early stuff is solid doom and now they're. .. basically alt rock?

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Vulture Culture posted:

You're not alone, I don't get it either. I think it's natural when something like this gets hyped and everywhere I read about how awesome the album is, then go to listen to it expecting to be blown away and it's like listening to a slow wet fart.

Speaking of awful garbage, I was bored this morning listening to Lost Horizon and wondered whatever happened to Daniel Heiman who is up there with Russell Allen for greatest power metal vocalist of all time. Turns out he's done a few small things, like doing session vocals for Crystal Eyes for 1 album in 2005:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ_IMKfANps

His scream at 0:42 is loving righteous.

But then he was in some other band called Heed which is very...well, awful garbage I guess, except for his vocals which are as always on point, even though I get a real "disturbed" vibe for some reason ( must be the whispering in the background ). Appropriately they split after 1 album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUZ73xkvJtg

What happened Daniel? Why wouldn't you just keep making Lost Horizon albums, singing about highlander? :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OffF0e2h4TU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TollTheHounds posted:

Speaking of awful garbage, I was bored this morning listening to Lost Horizon and wondered whatever happened to Daniel Heiman who is up there with Russell Allen for greatest power metal vocalist of all time. Turns out he's done a few small things, like doing session vocals for Crystal Eyes for 1 album in 2005:
Did you look any further? Because trust me, Heed is FAR from the worst garbage he's gotten up to. I've posted about it before, too. Seriously, just... augh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89zewtP87UE

Most lately he did an album with Harmony, some boring-rear end prog-power band. It's not offensively terrible, but seriously underwhelming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NPgp5MFivg

It really is a tragic waste. Come back, Daniel! :smith:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Robophile posted:

First track from the new VHÖL is streaming here

It's so badaaaaaassss

Late on this one, but gently caress me this is so good. I love the vocals.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Holy poo poo what happened to Anathema? Their early stuff is solid doom and now they're. .. basically alt rock?

I believe the correct nomenclature is Disney Rock

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I haven't heard anything from them after Judgement, I assume there's no need to

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Waste of a perfectly good Jane Austen pun.

Also waste of a perfectly good Paul Bostaph and Gary Holt.

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 12, 2015

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
My long-awaited Book Of Souls trip report: Okay in parts, gets very tedious very quickly, probably not any better than The Final Frontier sadly. Empire Of The Clouds is the most contrived mess I've heard from Maiden, I'm sure it's a grower but on first listen it's pretty drat awful. I liked the opener and The Man Of Sorrows though, so there's some positivity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

COOL CORN posted:

I hate this kind of post. If you don't like something, that's fine. Nobody has to explain themselves.
hmm, my COOL CORN mind implant that forces COOL CORN to explain musical tastes is clearly broken, i'd appreciate it if you could fedex it back to me so i can work the kinks out

In all seriousness, "this is a really awesome throwback to _____" or "no, it doesn't sound like much on first listen, but they're doing some really original stuff with the way this progression is layered, check this out again" or "how can you listen to Slough loving Feg and still have a problem with these vocals you useless hypocrite piece of poo poo" are cool and good posts, but this is No Music Discussion after all