Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I shall have my Milky Bar now mother :wotwot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
John Rentoul seems to be having a meltdown on Twitter.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pesmerga posted:

Arch-Blarite shitheel John Rentoul? Say it ain't so

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: The Problem Attic > UKMT September 2015: Things can only get Jezza

(been done?)

thespaceinvader posted:

Did anyone else get an email from Corbyn canvassing for questions from his first PMQs?

What should the UKMT question be? Mine would be something on austerity, but I'm not sure how to phrase it. Any ideas?

I suggested something about how the tories will elect their next leader - will it be a democratic polling of members or a closed book MP vote. Given the inevitable sneery stab from Dave about unions/entryists this seems like a good direction to take things - Labour aren't afraid of their union links or the broad base of members who elect our leaders, are the Tories afraid to open their voting system up to democracy?

Basically anything that gets the in-fighting between Gideon the heir-apparent and the rest of the contenders can only be a good thing.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

NBC News don't know what the gently caress

Lifted straight from Reuters copy.

TheHoodedClaw
Jul 26, 2008

Pesmerga posted:

He really is an insufferable Blair shill.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

quote:

How could I forget
And he hit me with a surprise left
My jaw left hurting
Dropped wide open
Just like the day
Oh, like the day I heard

Jeremy spoke in class today

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Did anyone else get an email from Corbyn canvassing for questions from his first PMQs?

What should the UKMT question be? Mine would be something on austerity, but I'm not sure how to phrase it. Any ideas?

Oddly I have, although I'm not a member or supporter.. maybe because I used to be in the GMB, or perhaps because I filled in a survey before the GE

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

Here's mine:

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

good question

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Oberleutnant posted:

Here's mine:

US dictionary spotted

who are you working for

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

US dictionary spotted

who are you working for

I don't know how to change it!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

thespaceinvader posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32Tgc3Ih8U

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

I will gladly fund the existance of a corbyn smilie if someone with artistic merit can make one.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I might just go with 'What are the chances you will actually give a straight answer to this question?"

But seriously though, how to phrase the austerity question? I really want to work out a way to phrase it that asks the question without using the word 'austerity'.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Congrats from an ex-pat who lives in Canada now, this is the first time for 20 years that labour has had a non-blarite robot, right?

Hopefully its the Year of the Beard in politics

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thespaceinvader posted:

I might just go with 'What are the chances you will actually give a straight answer to this question?"

But seriously though, how to phrase the austerity question? I really want to work out a way to phrase it that asks the question without using the word 'austerity'.

Something something even the IMF thinks you're dumb

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I went with 'nobel laureates think you're dumb', it feels like it has more punch.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

tbf if more bairites looked like this girl I'd never stop voting for them, dat hair doe :fap:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thespaceinvader posted:

I went with 'nobel laureates think you're dumb', it feels like it has more punch.

You can find a guy with a nobel memorial prize in economics that believes anything

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Mister Adequate posted:

tbf if more bairites looked like this girl I'd never stop voting for them, dat hair doe :fap:

That's a girl???

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

This is a cool and good post wait no it's not!!!!!!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

As an Australian living in the US, I can only imagine what it feels like to have someone like Corbyn leading a major party.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Coohoolin posted:

That's a girl???

No I was just taking the mick because I'm jealous of how good his hair looks, mine never looked anything like that luxurious when I had long hair :saddowns:

MrL_JaKiri posted:

This is a cool and good post wait no it's not!!!!!!

Yeah maybe that's not the best angle to insult someone with, apologies.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Mister Adequate posted:

Pat Sharp has regenerated!

Sassbot Alpha
Sep 2, 2011
Fallen Rib

Shakugan posted:

As an Australian living in the US, I can only imagine what it feels like to have someone like Corbyn leading a major party.

It feels pretttty good. Pretty, pretty, pretttty good.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Party Boat posted:

Pat Sharp has regenerated!

Remember the twins on fun house? Probably my first ever crush :3:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
BBC with the greatest disclaimer of all time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34218294

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Oberleutnant posted:

Remember the twins on fun house? Probably my first ever crush :3:

Now come on, we all had man crushes on Pat back then too.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Congrats from an expat in the US! I'm glad that, for once, there's a glimmer of hope for the British left. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
Are we talking about first crushes now? Mine were Connie Huq, Anne from Neighbours and the sister from the Wild Thornberries.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Alctel posted:

Congrats from an ex-pat who lives in Canada now, this is the first time for 20 years that labour has had a non-blarite robot, right?

Ed wasn't so bad, I liked Ed.

And honestly I think he might have known exactly what he was doing changing the selection process.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

mediadave posted:

Connie Huq
Oooooh yeah :blush:

sitnalisa
Dec 16, 2004

stupid virgin

Skilbs posted:

Ian Mearns MP for Gateshead is claiming on twitter that over 10,000 new members have joined Labour since the leadership election result.

I did, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were true. I'm not the only one I know of, and none of us are that young, which is interesting.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Vitamin P posted:

Ed wasn't so bad, I liked Ed.

And honestly I think he might have known exactly what he was doing changing the selection process.

I hope he did. I hope he can go down in history not for a mediocre election performance, but for performing CPR on the Labour Left.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah maybe that's not the best angle to insult someone with, apologies.
If you're going to mock ol' Robbie, do it for things like this

Oberleutnant posted:

I hope he did. I hope he can go down in history not for a mediocre election performance, but for performing CPR on the Labour Left.

Communist Party of Rotherham?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
2 of my relatives have joined the labour party today. I think the post corbyn signups are going to be huge in being yet another stamp of approval from the public for him and his policies. We might even be looking at a return to mass participation in political parties, practically overnight.

Bishop Rodan posted:

Congrats from an expat in the US! I'm glad that, for once, there's a glimmer of hope for the British left. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Greetings fellow US-expat, whereabouts are you based? Isn't it crazy how much cheaper it is to live here? I'm poor as poo poo by american standards and still vastly better off than I was in Britain doing the same job.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 12, 2015

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

MrL_JaKiri posted:

If you're going to mock ol' Robbie, do it for things like this

Look at this dildo with his lower suit button done up. A bad wannabe Tory.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I wouldn't call him a dildo. Dildos have been inside a woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I bet his hair smells nice

• Locked thread