Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Norns posted:

I'd say I hate you. But let's be honest. I'm just jealous.

you should see his wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Nice! I will now go drive my CVT poo poo box in shame

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Nice! I will now go drive my CVT poo poo box in shame

Don't feel bad. My primary mode of transportation is a pair of Chuck Taylors. I mean, that's by choice. Still.

I don't even have a licence :whatup:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I wanted to see if anyone cared before sharing my own.

Fast and Furious pink s2000
2002 camaro SS
Alfa Romeo GTV6

Not impressed yet, is it Automatic or Stick shift?

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 12, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, you can download someones tune/paint job straight from a hopper lobby or you can download a tune right from the rival leaderboards!

Also, if someone isn't ready at start in the hoppers, they can be driven through like they are ghosted!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've only bought the Lotus 49 so far. Favorite car to just gently caress around in any game it's available in.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Btw, I was just being glib. I think it's cool that you take sick kids for rides.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My cars are

'73 BMW 2002 Turbo
Ford Raptor
Ford GT
FORD Mustang
Ford Focus
Chevrolet Camaro
Dodge Challenger SRT
Bugatti Veyron

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sadly I dont remember the first cars I bought.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

LOL, you can download someones tune/paint job straight from a hopper lobby or you can download a tune right from the rival leaderboards!

Also, if someone isn't ready at start in the hoppers, they can be driven through like they are ghosted!

You could download tunes off the leaderboards in Forza 2 as well. Surprised they brought that back.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Should run a night race series with the brake line off lol.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Did live go down for everyone or just me?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Did live go down for everyone or just me?

Just you

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
OK, well I'll be back when I can. Boo.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got a few good races in with you guys there (Wise Prey), was reasonably fun. Hopefully I can either find my drat cable for my headset mic or I will just have to find one on Amazon.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

I got some to work, but the ones that don't work never work. I don't know what's wrong with it. The Renault 5 Turbo Philips rally livery is one that refuses to work, and another that refuses to work is my DRIFTY massachusetts license plate. I suppose I could easily re-make that one but I actually built all of the letters out of shapes instead of any of the built in fonts because none of the built in fonts match the actual font that license plates use, so it was somewhat time consuming.

I'm hoping for the bug to be cleared up.

Edit:
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst40846_Issue-with-importing-fm5-designs.aspx

It's a known issue. Any vinyl group or design that contains a decal with a lower case letter "a" using one of the fonts from FM5 can't be saved to a car and causes the endless save issue.

They seem to be working on it.

I spent all my money last night on cars buying every car I find interesting in alphabetical order. 7 and a half million got me up to Mitsubishi and then I ran out of money.

I imported a bunch of vinyls (mostly logos) that weren't affected by the aforementioned bug and put them all up on the marketplace including all the GRC ones so you guys can grab those and give me some money.

Thank you for sharing this. I just tried to do a livery and it got stuck on the saving screen. I remembered you had mentioned this and I think I know what to do.
I appreciate the heads up. Weird bug.

Sadly, too many vinyls are locked and I can't import them (especially Howdy Tears) and that makes me... cry.

I'm adding vinyls one at a time until I find one that breaks the game. O no, not YOU, Castrol!

"Not like this!"

My immersion! :qq:

Feels likes home.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 12, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thank you for sharing this. I just tried to do a livery and it got stuck on the saving screen. I remembered you had mentioned this and I think I know what to do.
I appreciate the heads up. Weird bug.

Sadly, too many vinyls are locked and I can't import them (especially Howdy Tears) and that makes me... cry.

I'm adding vinyls one at a time until I find one that breaks the game. O no, not YOU, Castrol!

"Not like this!"

My immersion! :qq:

Feels likes home.

I edited any offending vinyl to change the "a" to an "e" in fm5, then import it into fm6, then in fm6 then turn every replacement "e" back into an "a"

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
In mutiplayer, can I choose to race d or C class? It looks like you can only choose from a limited selection of hoppers.

I don't like fast cars as much.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turn 10's version of Brands Hatch is absolutely punishing. Tuning a car for there is a real challenge with the right-handed sweeper after the finish line. I've got to nail the braking point exactly or the car's too light to maintain grip cresting the hill.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

In mutiplayer, can I choose to race d or C class? It looks like you can only choose from a limited selection of hoppers.

I don't like fast cars as much.

You're limited to the lobbies that T-10 has pre-set if you're doing public hoppers. They rotate them about once a month when the game is new, and as time goes on they'll just leave the same ones up.

Kinda like how the only league that's currently open is D Class.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I really like this Formula Ford.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is there a way to de-tune a car?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Leather Bear posted:

Is there a way to de-tune a car?
Go into the tuning area and select "Setup Manager." Save your current setup if you like it. Then, select "Restore default upgrades." Do the same in tuning: "Reset default tuning." Then you are free to start anew.

Afterwards, go back to Setup Manager and reload the tune you saved. Easy-peezy.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Does anyone know if the old fanatec wheels for the 360 work on the xbox one? I'm guessing the answer is no.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sorry, I should've phrased it differently. Something like adding a restrictor plate. having a 2500 lb Ford GT running at 630 hp is kinda :eyepop: and I'd like to get close to a GT-E class variant.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
Edit: Oops super beaten
You can restore defaults. If you do it from the tune menu it will reset only the tune settings. If you go to tune setup manager you can reset the car to bone stock.

For content, I was curious about the "super rare" mod you get for maxing affinity so I've been grinding through the career using almost exclusively Ferraris. It's much easier to max affinity in this game, and doing so with Ferrari nets a crew mod card granting +12% grip and +50% credits. I think I'll max Ford or MB next to see if they're different.

ihop fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Sep 12, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

You're limited to the lobbies that T-10 has pre-set if you're doing public hoppers. They rotate them about once a month when the game is new, and as time goes on they'll just leave the same ones up.

Kinda like how the only league that's currently open is D Class.

Thats pretty dumb. I'd be all about the D class league if collisions werent turned off. I liked to hop on forza randomly and play hoppers with whatever class i was in the mood for (which was never A, S or R)

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
S/R-class superiority

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I'm with MD on this one. I know fast racing is exhilarating, but slow racing is difficult. Even more exciting, when the cars are evenly matched, and all slow. Then the race is about maintaining momentum, apexing turns, making the best use of the track.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

None of that changes in faster cars. It's just requires faster reaction time.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Partial Octopus posted:

Does anyone know if the old fanatec wheels for the 360 work on the xbox one? I'm guessing the answer is no.

I don't think any 360 wheels work with the bone

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Norns posted:

Pretty much yea. I'd say racing faster cars is more fun because the tolerance for taking corners and balancing forces is much smaller. I enjoy the precision needed for a good lap.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Norns posted:

So, a track in E Class is the same track in R class? Cornering doesn't change as corners change from individual corners to complex corners, and braking and cornering only adjust to reaction time? Let me try that.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think this is similar to how they removed browsing by manufacuter in Forza 5 to conceal the limited car selection. If they have too many hopper options, they're less likely to fill up their shiny new 24 car rooms :rolleyes:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What are you arguing? I can't decipher your post.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Leather Bear posted:

What are you arguing? I can't decipher your post.
I am presenting a premise: A series of corners that you take at 45 MPH becomes a completely different complex of corners at 80MPH+. In fact, what is two or three corners at 40MPH suddenly becomes one complex corner at a much higher speed.

I'm sorry if this seems to be controversial, but reaction time is not the factor. It's the racing line. You have to take a completely different line in low speed classes than you would in the fastest ones. I don't think anyone could reasonably argue against this basic racing premise.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So you don't believe that adding a significant margin of speed doesn't change how one needs to make adjustments?

OK.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Dr. Faustus posted:

I am presenting a premise: A series of corners that you take at 45 MPH becomes a completely different complex of corners at 80MPH+. In fact, what is two or three corners at 40MPH suddenly becomes one complex corner at a much higher speed.

I'm sorry if this seems to be controversial, but reaction time is not the factor. It's the racing line. You have to take a completely different line in low speed classes than you would in the fastest ones. I don't think anyone could reasonably argue against this basic racing premise.

All he said was in a race with fast cars that are evenly matched, maintaining momentum, apexing turns, making the best use of the track are still the most important things with the added challenge of needing faster reaction times.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea, racing techniques don't vary much. Hitting an apex is hitting an apex. Managing energy through a turn, or getting weight on the front wheels all applies. R class cars come with the added difficulty that everything happens much faster and all that power could send you into a wall. There's no particular worry about spinning the wheels in 4th on a Camry exiting a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm way to high to figure out what he's trying to say today.

• Locked thread