Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

I'm actually in agreement-it will have been almost a year and half but Gamboa still gave Crawford problems early despite a super long layoff before that fight. Maybe they can do Lomachenko-Walters at 130, winner fights Verdejo to be Arum's next cash cow.

Also, pick 'em just started back up and there are prizes. Just one fight so please participate if you can. Still, if you pick against Fonfara you will get -100000000 points and I'm dead serious about that.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738853

Also a reminder that not all Mexican vs Mexican fights are equal

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687143

Boxing Scene posted:

Staples Center, Los Angeles, California - Former champion Antonio Margarito (38-8, 27KOs) is preparing to for a planned comeback in the fall. Margarito has been inactive since losing his rematch with Miguel Cotto in December of 2011.

When Margarito returns, he will likely compete in the middleweight division.

Another fighter who recently made the move to 160-pounds is Margarito's countryman and former sparring partner, Alfredo Angulo (24-5, 20KOs).

Angulo had his third fight at 160 on Saturday night and stopped Hector Munoz in five rounds.

Since Margarito, and his manager Sergio Diaz, revealed the planned comeback - a large of fans have once again called for the possibility of an all-Mexican war with Angulo.

Would Angulo face the man he once helped prepare for several key fights? Angulo says "yes. "

"It would be a very interesting fight. [My adviser] Al Haymon would have to approve of that match. I think it would be a great, great fight, because I helped him in a lot of fights with sparring. It would be a great fight," Angulo told BoxingScene.com.

According to Angulo, even their sparring sessions were all-out wars.

"Every time people would come out and see me and Margarito spar, they actually didn't even see it as a sparring session - they saw it as an actual fight because we were so competitive," Angulo explained.

I guess the best part would be watching two literally blind guys stand and trade for 11 and a half rounds, also handwraps and Miguel Cotto es puta :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

if margarito hadn't had a massive lay off and had experience at middle i'd probably pick him in that. angulo is the kind of guy margarito could just wear down imo.

maybe cotto should fight him in a third fight rather than being literally killed versus ggg

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Kell Brook - Diego Chaves confirmed for 10/24 Sucks to have to pay for this :britain:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/34132096

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
So apparently ninth layer Monica Bradley made Timmy leave Joel Diaz and a fight with Brandon Rios is back on.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's a pretty confusing fallout, from what I've gathered Diaz didn't want the Rios fight for Bradley but if that's the case then who else was he going to fight? I've also heard the opposite, that Diaz did want Rios but Bradley wanted bigger fights. One thing I don't really understand is why Bradley would take the Rios fight at all if he's in-between trainers.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

probably because rios is poo poo and an easy fight for him

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's what's confusing. If it's such an easy fight then why didn't Diaz want it? Styles make fights maybe? Bradley does get suckered into infighting pretty easily.

Anyway if it is indeed a done deal, I'll almost certainly head to Vegas for it. I've seen Bradley and Rios three times each (Bradley vs Provo, Pac 2 and Chaves; Rios against Antillon and Alvarado I and II) and to top it off it's on the weekend of my birthday. I'm a big fan of both guys so no matter what happens I'll be a little bummed that one of them had to lose.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The way I heard it was that Bradley was upset that Diaz would leave during his camps to train some of his other fighters.

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
It's Tuesday and there's boxing on!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Andro posted:

It's Tuesday and there's boxing on!

Crazy that Austin Trout - who is still a top 5 junior middle- has to fight on Tuesdays. Was fantasy football at the time but nice to hear a he got a knockout though.

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
None of the fights were really competitive, but hopefully it'll improve like the other PBC events. Actually, I'd really like to see prospects fight on Tuesdays. That would be really cool.

Trout got WWE body slammed by Hernandez tonight. According to Paulie, it should've been a 2 point deduction, but the ref only took away 1 point.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

bradley is going to be trained by teddy atlas lol.

also khan is apparently going to be fighting provodnikov. that should be fun

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gosh that's a fight I want to see.

I really liked Ruslan it's sad his career seems to have stalled.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to see the the Kapency - Stevenson fight tonight. Errol Spence Jr. is fighting on the undercard too.

And get this: 51 year old Razor Ruddock is fighting a guy in his 20s!

Should be a fun, if predictable, night of fighting. Naturally I've placed bets on all the underdogs.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

bradley is going to be trained by teddy atlas lol.

lmao

quote:

also khan is apparently going to be fighting provodnikov. that should be fun

lmaox2

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Whatever, I'm not going to knock Atlas as a trainer until I can see how he does with Tim.

Also I think it's funny nobody posted about the Floyd IV controversy in here. Goes to show just how little hype there is for this Berto fight.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
The funny thing about the Floyd iv thing is I am certain I read about this months ago.

I think this is all just setting up mayweather pacquiao 2 next spring.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

The Ninth Layer posted:

Whatever, I'm not going to knock Atlas as a trainer

I've been knocking him as a trainer since Povetkin got actively worse training under him and I'm unlikely to stop now

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I'm going to see the the Kapency - Stevenson fight tonight. Errol Spence Jr. is fighting on the undercard too.

And get this: 51 year old Razor Ruddock is fighting a guy in his 20s!

Should be a fun, if predictable, night of fighting. Naturally I've placed bets on all the underdogs.

throw things at stevenson imo

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Get punkt bi†ch Adonis

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Beat his rear end other guy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what a farce. gently caress adonis stevenson.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marching Powder posted:

what a farce. gently caress adonis stevenson.

I will pay good money to see "superman" smashed apart. Hopefully, by Kovalev

E: how the gently caress is Stevenson not an undercard, he's worse than loving Broner

meat CRime fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Sep 12, 2015

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
So Mayweather/Berto is happening today I guess. Only drama there is if Mayweather can knock Berto out.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Mayweather never got in trouble for injecting novacaine in his hands so of course no one cares about the IV

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the undercard would be a decent Friday night fights card and is overshadowing the main

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This fight honestly isn't even worth a second thread but I suppose I could whip something up just to keep that poo poo fight out of here.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

The Ninth Layer posted:

This fight honestly isn't even worth a second thread but I suppose I could whip something up just to keep that poo poo fight out of here.

You always make great threads but drat, that fight doesn't deserve it.

You might as well just write up your thoughts on hypothetical rematches with Canelo or Pacquaio, which is going to be his 50th fight, and put a small blurb about the Berto match at the bottom.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Congratulations to new Russian citizen, Roy Jones Jr.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

You always make great threads but drat, that fight doesn't deserve it.

You might as well just write up your thoughts on hypothetical rematches with Canelo or Pacquaio, which is going to be his 50th fight, and put a small blurb about the Berto match at the bottom.

Eh it's a little late haha. I'll have it up once imgur stops being a poo poo and starts loading up images again.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
If Floyd doesn't end up talking like his old man in 20 years he moves up into my top three boxers of all time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I watched Mormons beat up on luck out against other white kids instead of this fight, I think I made the right call.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

groves just gets worse and worse. needs to go back to booth as asap as possible

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Bad chin bad stamina, I don't think either will change at this point in his career. He should just try to blast people out.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
gently caress Floyd, if I lived in Vegas I'd stalk the poo poo out of him but not keep the bad stuff quiet. He could of made boxing good again but didn't.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

yeah i wish someone would expose known domestic abuser floyd mayweather with something bad and damage his future earnings because we live in a just world.

Andro
Jun 30, 2010
Really pleased with the undercards. Was nice to see Jack upset Groves and that Martinez/Salido undercard was so brutal. I'd love to see them fight a third time.

As usual, Floyd was a joy to watch. I really liked seeing how easy it was for Floyd to boss Berto around on the inside with all his rough housing. Berto looked so frustrated by all those forearms and elbows. It was pretty cool to watch Floyd slip everything thrown at him in the corner and on the ropes. I think we saw Floyd take a bit more risk then we've seen him take the last few fights and that was nice. It actually seemed like he was headhunting for a bit. Overall, it was a fun fight for me.

I think we all know Floyd will at least be back for one more. Looking forward to it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wait the floyd fight was last night? lol i had no idea there has been so little reporting on it

the trending articles on facebook had the anthony joshua fight but not mayweather

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

because big anthony is better

• Locked thread