Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yep, gonna do 211+33+72

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

M42 posted:

Yep, gonna do 211+33+72

Saturday? You want company?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yes and sure! Where do ya wanna meet?

M42 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 23, 2015

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

M42 posted:

Yes and sure! Where do ya wanna meet?

Remind me where you're coming from? Usually I meet people at the Georgetown exxon when I'm headed that direction. I'm coming from the city.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

PMd ya.

Btw, if anyone wants a group rate for a trackday on summit main 8/15, let me know. It's 175 down from 225, with team pro motion.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

hot sauce posted:

As far as I know, VA is still a helmet required state. Were they wearing the brain bucket kind or nothing at all?

nothing at all.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I have to work out of Ashburn for the next 5 days. But that's ok - I'm going to stay at my parent's place which means Halfway Rd will be part of my commute everyday. :krad:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just did an entry in the photo challenge thread about the track at RFK. Saw a few other guys there racing around tonight so I guess the secret is out! One of them had a tw200 so I ain't mad at it :3

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Did you get any contact details from them? Sounds like a fun group and looks like they had their poo poo together enough to at least get more than 2 riders together at a time.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately no, I didn't stick around long enough to get contact info. They talked about going Sunday mornings so maybe I'll run into them again.

Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran
Hi DC area riders, I'm one of you now.

Bike: '13 Street Triple R
Years ridden: Off and on since 2003, but first time on a street bike again in about 5 years.
Down for: Group rides, trips to see races nearby, MotoGP/SBK watch parties, car/bike shows, hopefully track days

I took the MSF class on a whim because a friend needed a ride to go take his, then realize how much fun bikes are. Had an SV650 all through college, but sold it in 2009 and life got in the way of getting another bike again till now. Just moved to Baltimore from Denver last year, where I did a lot of corner working/track marshaling for the MRA (local club racers).

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

A couple other goons and I are taking cornerspin again next weekend (15th and 16th). They just said they still have a few spots open. If anybody is interested pm me and I'll give you my name to get the friends discount. Don't know what cornerspin is? Go here: http://www.cornerspin.com/main.html

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!

Koruthaiolos posted:

A couple other goons and I are taking cornerspin again next weekend (15th and 16th). They just said they still have a few spots open. If anybody is interested pm me and I'll give you my name to get the friends discount. Don't know what cornerspin is? Go here: http://www.cornerspin.com/main.html

Looks fun but it's too rich for me right now. Maybe in the future.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
How about a Cars and Coffee meet up followed by a 211 Loop this Saturday?

Edit:
VVV Meet at 8AM, kick stands up at 9AM.

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 7, 2015

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'll be there. What time are you looking for to be at C&C?

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
I was planning on a ride out in va but I'm going for a pretty early start. Is the loop you're referencing a fun ride? Last time I went down skyline with the intention of hitting 33 but I was exhausted by the time I got to 211 I think. I hate having to ride so far to just to escape the city!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ugh, I know the feeling. Literally do 400-500 miles sometimes, just to get my fill. Speaking of, I'm doing that tomorrow!

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

You both should come to Cars & Coffee too. Hnasty claims he's coming so we might actually have a few people show up for once.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ok I'll stop by, what time?

e: duhhhhhhhhhh upthread. Be obnoxious so I can find y'all easier

M42 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 8, 2015

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I think we're going to try to be there around 8:00-9:00.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009
Alright I'll stop by and try and find you guys. I have a blue sv almost identical to m42's I think

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
After the friend discount, how much would Corner Spin cost? And does anyone have room left in their car for the trip down?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Looks like it's $420 after discount. It says sold out online, but they sent an email out a few days ago that said they had 4 spots open up. I'm driving down Friday and coming back Monday if you want to ride along.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion
I just bought an sv650 after four years of bike abstinence, what are some good options for 2-4 hour idea leaving from the district?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

There's a couple good ones around fountainhead state park - hampton & henderson road. Those are just quick ones though, I use em for shakedown runs after maintenance. 647/crest hill road + fodderstack rd out of marshall VA ain't bad. Hnasty knows a ton of awesome backroads east of the mountains.

e: lol we have like 3 SV peeps in the area now

M42 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 17, 2015

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

M42 posted:

There's a couple good ones around fountainhead state park - hampton & henderson road. Those are just quick ones though, I use em for shakedown runs after maintenance. 647/crest hill road + fodderstack rd out of marshall VA ain't bad. Hnasty knows a ton of awesome backroads east of the mountains.

e: lol we have like 3 SV peeps in the area now

My usual rides involve Hampton/Henderson/Clifton to Church Hill/Brentville into Bristow/Aden/Fleetwood around Quantico and as far south as Fredericksburg. Otherwise, I'll end up further west, and like M42 says, take Crest Hill to 211 and into the mountains.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

My usual rides involve Hampton/Henderson/Clifton to Church Hill/Brentville into Bristow/Aden/Fleetwood around Quantico and as far south as Fredericksburg. Otherwise, I'll end up further west, and like M42 says, take Crest Hill to 211 and into the mountains.

um... say hi next time you're around?
My mom and my gf fiance live (pretty much) at either end of 619. I frequently Clifton my way to work.
I love the freshly paved Henderson. It's loving marvelous.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If anyone plans on riding the RFK track soon, watch out for the extra gravel in a number of turns leftover from the GRC event last weekend.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Anyone wanna do bikes & breakfast sunday?

Unrelated: do any of you lanesplit/filter regularly? The fucks I give about doing it in a state where it's illegal have steadily decreased over this season. I rarely get honked at, usually by people that have their faces glued to a phone screen and get startled.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

Unrelated: do any of you lanesplit/filter regularly? The fucks I give about doing it in a state where it's illegal have steadily decreased over this season. I rarely get honked at, usually by people that have their faces glued to a phone screen and get startled.

I might be down for that. I had planned on going to cars and coffee tomorrow morning so it will depend on if I want to wake up early twice this weekend haha

I filter regularly in MD and DC at stoplights. I don't filter in VA unless an accident or something has gridlocked traffic to a complete standstill.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
I'll be there to take pictures.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'm gonna try to make Bikes and Breakfast. I have to take my car in to the shop tomorrow morning so no Cars and Coffee.

hit the bricks pal!
Jan 12, 2009

M42 posted:

I filter every day on my commute in md and dc. Overall more people actually move over for me than honk but that's just during commute times, during weekends people usually don't like it. I think only two cops ever said anything and that was just two capital police. Dc police don't seem to give a poo poo and that's fine with me!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

When y'all gonna be at B&B? Anyone wanna do a ride after?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm heading there now. On a tight schedule today so I can't do a ride after.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

M42 posted:

When y'all gonna be at B&B? Anyone wanna do a ride after?

Where B&B and ride where?

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands
Was this past Sunday over in Clifton. Occurs the second Sunday of the month 'til it's too cold to ride iirc. Was planning on going but my hangover had other ideas. Going to shoot for the one next month though since it's a nice incentive to buckle down and finish the CBR.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

The_Maz posted:

Was this past Sunday over in Clifton. Occurs the second Sunday of the month 'til it's too cold to ride iirc. Was planning on going but my hangover had other ideas. Going to shoot for the one next month though since it's a nice incentive to buckle down and finish the CBR.

Excellent. I'm down if the VFR decides to quit being temperamental. The weather is perfect right now.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

hot sauce posted:

GnarlyCharlie4u - Gainesville/Woodbridge/Falls Church VA

Would you mind updating me in the OP?

Also, who went to Bikes and Breakfast on Sunday? What bike did Brooks' Cycles give away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Would you mind updating me in the OP?

Also, who went to Bikes and Breakfast on Sunday? What bike did Brooks' Cycles give away?

Done. I 've been neglecting the OP so if anyone needs their location updated or you'd like to be added/removed, just let me know.

I went to b&b on Sunday for a bit. M42 and koruthaiolos were there. I think Brooks Cycles gave away a rear tire.

• Locked thread