Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Good game, LSU.

No, not you Cam Cameron & Les Miles.

gently caress lovely refs. gently caress Dan Mullen. gently caress Mississippi State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Baker Mayfield owns hard.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ross Angeles posted:

Our defense is pretty good but our offense is abject garbage

Well, with the rest of the Pac-12 looking pretty iffy I'm hoping we can at least win enough conference games to get to a bowl game this year. Winning back the Ax would be gravy.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I want a trip report eventually.

I'll probably post a legitimate trip report sometime this week when I'm back in Norman. What a drat game though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ten years ago, Vince Young was effortlessly murdering every chump team dumb enough to play Texas.

Yeah, he was alright. And now that we've got Vince Young Jr. starting, we'll be right back in the thick of it in no time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I can't believe I am in the situation where I am rooting for plucky upstart Oklahoma to beat evil powerhouse Baylor.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Remember when everyone thought Minnesota was halfway decent? What a crazy week that was.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

News: Mankato won! Ohio won! Gophers won! There were some pretty sweet upsets!

Views: Football is cool and good.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.

swickles posted:

I can't believe I am in the situation where I am rooting for plucky upstart Oklahoma to beat evil powerhouse Baylor.

It's a mad world we live in.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

swickles posted:

We even have a scrappy all heart QB!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You're going to beat Georgia because :lol: our QB situation

I don't know how much better ours is, really. I guess if there's one thing I can count on, it's that Spurrier will bring it for the Dawgs. Hard to get too excited about this team right now, though.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Remember when everyone thought Minnesota was halfway decent? What a crazy week that was.

You mean 2015 Big Ten West Champion Minnesota?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Like, poo poo, Baylor and TCU are by far the top tier of the Big 12. Fifteen years from now, are Indiana and Purdue going to be powerhouses? Syracuse and Wake Forest? Washington State and Oregon State? Where will the madness end?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Wait Notre Dame won? Oh gently caress that noise.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Where will the madness end?

With a Vince Dooley-coached Vandy winning the National Championship.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas is not going to a win a single game for the next two seasons. Maybe three.

Burn it down. Replace it with a bigger basketball training facility.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yea :(. The good news is they look bad enough to lose a few games this season so they can gently caress right off out of the playoffs. Because gently caress them forever and ever, amen.

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

OU fans, how do they look this this season? Barely got to see the end of the TN game.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ZeroPrimal posted:

OU fans, how do they look this this season? Barely got to see the end of the TN game.

They got grit and hustle and moxy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

your coworker was a prophet and saving you from Notre Dame Bullshit

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Edit: GDT.

Canned Sunshine fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 13, 2015

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like we have a fair shot at the SEC East title if we can create any passing game. Dobbs needs to get more accurate.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Fluffdaddy posted:

Yea :(. The good news is they look bad enough to lose a few games this season so they can gently caress right off out of the playoffs. Because gently caress them forever and ever, amen.

It would be pretty funny for them to have carbon copy of 2014 FSU's season

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

rice didn't win. i failed

Also no jinx A&M's gonna win the west

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

They got grit and hustle and moxy.

Moxy is enough.:boom:

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

PrinceRandom posted:

rice didn't win. i failed

Also no jinx A&M's gonna win the west

Congrats. You just handed the title to 'Bama.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Grozz Nuy posted:

Well, with the rest of the Pac-12 looking pretty iffy I'm hoping we can at least win enough conference games to get to a bowl game this year. Winning back the Ax would be gravy.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cal win 7-8 games this year

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Rice didn't win but at least we covered :shobon:

I also think they outplayed UT for large stretches of the game and it would have been closer outside of a few Rice gaffes

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Go FSU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Congrats. You just handed the title to 'Bama.

Not if our QB situation doesn't improve.

I could basically say this about the entire SEC West at this point and not be wrong.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Kyle Allen is good :colbert:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fluffdaddy posted:

Not if our QB situation doesn't improve.

I could basically say this about the entire SEC West at this point and not be wrong.

Y'all are gonna crush Auburn.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The Glumslinger posted:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Cal win 7-8 games this year

I'm trying to keep expectations in check after seeing them choke away so many close games last year. Hell, they even needed an epic case of the Cougs Cougin' It for one of their three conference wins last season. And another one of those was Colorado, so should it really even count?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Y'all are gonna crush Auburn.

There were signs that Auburn was not that great last week, but because they won against a decent "name" it wasn't really talked about. But this defense, which returned a poo poo ton of dudes and is being coached by Muschamp, gave up 400+ yards of offense (including 200+ on the ground) to a confused looking Louisville team. I won't even get into the cluster gently caress that is their offense.

I don't like making GBS threads on Auburn but they are very close to becoming a dumpster fire. If this is the team they bring for the Iron Bowl, its going to be ugly as gently caress.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Feeling less bad about Nebraska's loss to BYU now. Still sucks, but w/e.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Leonard Fournette owns, y'all.

*insert Silly Burrito's Les Miles/deal with it avatar*

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

DuckHuntDog posted:

Texas still sucks, but they won and going to games is still fun. I don't know if that defense and o-line can in many Big XII games this season.

I'm mostly alright with what happened. Everyone on the drat team is a freshman and there were a bunch of first touchdowns for guys out there today. Now that we don't have a jV starting quarterback, maybe things will start to look up and we'll actually be competitive next year with a seasoned offensive line. I'm just so glad Heard is starting now, holy poo poo.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Put every fan who booed their own team under the stands of War Memorial, burn the stadium to the ground on top of them, never allow this dumb sport to be played in Little Rock again

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M gave up 2 long running plays to start the game and then crushed the opposing offense the rest of the first half while the offense styled on people and Kirk continued to be really good. Second half didn't really matter besides getting new players more experience, so all in all today was a success.

We're gonna end up losing to Arkansas now and it will suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Virginia Tech's run-only QB started out pretty poorly but eventually wasn't so bad! He had a pretty great 30-yard strike to Isaiah Ford. Brenden Motley will start against Purdue, but how much he plays isn't clear. Purdue isn't good but they're not FCS either. Dwayne Lawson's redshirt was burned and he looked okay? Weirdly enough Lawson was subbed in at QB in early series to QB Run only. That was weird. When the 2nd string was in, 3rd string Chris Durkin was brought in to alternate at QB--he also just ran straight up the gut. Travon McMillan should start at RB.

Moto had a pick six and our kickers should not be trusted with field goals. Then again, those field goals were clearly in Go For It territory.

• Locked thread