Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Aaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is this the Week 2 Aftermath thread?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Sure

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
They tried, dammit.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jacksonville State doesn't owe you anything

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Fsu stinks

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

JT Jag posted:

They tried, dammit.

They didn't though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I wish they won but I can't feel too bad about any FCS team that makes Auburn look like fools

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Auburn paid Jacksonville State $525,000 to come to Auburn and scare the living hell out of them.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Penn State no longer on track for giving up 120 sacks.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dear De'Veon Smith,

More of THAT, please. Thank you in advance.

- Gonz

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

JT Jag posted:

I wish they won but I can't feel too bad about any FCS team that makes Auburn look like fools

more or less

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Auburn is gonna move up in the polls for showing gritty determination

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

I honestly did not expect to beat Louisville today, even with them sending out a freshman QB for his first career start, but maybe Herman is onto something with his circle drills and teammate-on-teammate concussions.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
news: Houston beat Louisville on the road for the first time since '97
views: gently caress UP SOME COMMAS

http://deadspin.com/houston-how-do-you-feel-about-beating-louisville-on-th-1730298126

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Well, I have to apologize. All of the SEC fans were right. Every week on the SEC schedule is a battle, even when it's against Jacksonville State.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Also, I don't remember seeing this posted in the last aftermath thread - Tom Herman wrote an article for SI about our program, and he has a pretty interesting story about recruiting Andrew Luck when he was Rice's OC.

http://www.campusrush.com/tom-herman-houston-cougars-head-coach-education-1336562958.html

quote:

When I was the offensive coordinator at Rice in 2007, there was an elite quarterback coming out of Stratford High in Houston. He made it very clear: If Texas didn't offer him a football scholarship, he was going to go to an academically minded school. So, his final three schools were Northwestern, Stanford and Rice. We were on his list for three reasons: He's from Houston; his dad was the president of MLS's Houston Dynamo; and his mom and maternal grandparents graduated from the school. Long story short, he had been on campus a couple of times, and I had always known well in advance he was coming.

Rice didn't have very nice facilities, so I knew which hallways to walk him down and where to hide him—I knew what doors to keep closed so he did not see certain things. Meanwhile, we planned any way we could to polish up the facilities. But during the spring my office phone rang and it's the quarterback's dad. I'm thinking, "Great!" I take the call, and he says, "Coach Herman, my wife and son and I are in the parking lot. Can we come up and spend some time with you?" I said, "Of course," but I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no! Oh god! What do I do?"

So, I spent the next two hours fumbling around, and the kid saw all our warts. I went home that night feeling terrible—a combination of wanting to vomit profusely and curl up in the fetal position. I knew he was getting on a flight to Palo Alto the next day to visit Stanford. I knew what they were going to show him. And I knew that we were done. We had failed. Would we have gotten him? Probably not. But we failed. We did not put our best foot forward.

That quarterback was Andrew Luck.

I've told that story every day since I arrived at Houston. Every day when I roll into the parking lot, close my car door and start walking into the football facility, I say to myself, "What if Andrew Luck shows up today?" And I walk in, pick up gum wrappers and inspect the floor. We need new paint on the walls, new pictures, all sorts of things. In the city of Houston, there's a very real chance that the next Andrew Luck could show up in our offices today. It's almost a mantra for our coaches: Your offices better stay neat. You better have a highlight tape ready, a recruitment presentation ready, all your spiels ready, because there are 10 five-star prospects living within 20 minutes of us and they can show up at any time. Before I got here this building was not seen as a recruiting tool, but as a place to house employees. We're slowly but surely changing that.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

surrender posted:

Also, I don't remember seeing this posted in the last aftermath thread - Tom Herman wrote an article for SI about our program, and he has a pretty interesting story about recruiting Andrew Luck when he was Rice's OC.

http://www.campusrush.com/tom-herman-houston-cougars-head-coach-education-1336562958.html

I never saw it posted here, but I saw it on Facebook a few days ago and it's a great read.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

surrender posted:

God, imagine what the college sports would be like if Andrew Luck had made Northwestern relevant

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jake Browning looked pretty good in today's exhibition scrimmage. I look forward to seeing his progress in real games.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

We won a fuckin football game!

Jim Harbaugh yelled for 40 seconds and then called a time out, which turned into a TV timeout, and yelled for the entire 3 minutes. It was the best thing ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FALCONS BITCH HAHAHAHAHA EAT IT BIG TEN

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Neodoomium posted:

We won a fuckin football game!

Jim Harbaugh yelled for 40 seconds and then called a time out, which turned into a TV timeout, and yelled for the entire 3 minutes. It was the best thing ever.

Harbaugh's an unlikable sociopath (if he isn't your coach, a likable one if he is), but a timeout taken specifically to scream at the refs is something I always approve of.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DJExile posted:

FALCONS BITCH HAHAHAHAHA EAT IT BIG TEN

Can we go back in time to the thread where we were discussing what great additions to the Big 10 Maryland and Rutgers were?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Can we go back in time to the thread where we were discussing what great additions to the Big 10 Maryland and Rutgers were?

All that fancy new TV revenue is helping teams like Maryland pay us to show up and beat them. It's great :toot:

E: Actually, to be fair, I don't know if we scheduled this game before or after they joined.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marquis de Pyro posted:

No one ever said this. I want to go back to before we got Penn State.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson looked like garbage for a quarter then rolled as they should.

WE WANT JACKSONVILLE STATE!

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

DJExile posted:

All that fancy new TV revenue is helping teams like Maryland pay us to show up and beat them. It's great :toot:

E: Actually, to be fair, I don't know if we scheduled this game before or after they joined.

lol mac owns

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Scarf posted:

Clemson looked like garbage for a quarter then rolled as they should.

WE WANT JACKSONVILLE STATE!

poor Louisville could very well start 1-5 since they have Clemson next week and then an FCS cupcake before going to FSU and NC State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Brett McMurphy
@McMurphyESPN
Wow. Notre Dame wins last-second thriller at Virginia on 3rd anniversary of Lennay Kekua’s death

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cocktease upset weekend is still pretty good football.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo

Brett McMurphy
@McMurphyESPN
Wow. Notre Dame wins last-second thriller at Virginia on 3rd anniversary of Lennay Kekua’s death

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo

Brett McMurphy
@McMurphyESPN

This is tweeting at it's best. Twitting even.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Mike London showing new ways to bring pain and agony to UVA fans

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
THE ENEMIES OF RUTGERS ATHLETICS PREVAIL ONCE AGAIN!

COUGS BITCH!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol gently caress Bert Bielema

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe my SDSU bravado was.... premature

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well the Wildcats murdered some terrible FCS team, Thorson continues to own, and if they beat Duke they are ranked.

e: Maryland and Rutgers are an abomination.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Malik Zaire is reported to have a fractured right ankle and is out for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Requesting thread namechange:

"Yoshifan823" and "Probably Magic" posted:

College football is just blueballs.

• Locked thread