Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also it is telling of the state of crafting in this game that there has never been a piece of dragoon i180 gear sold on the marketboard on excal.

The window has closed. Esoterics basically removed the need for crafted i180 now that it's been two months and everyone has enough tomes to buy i200, or books to get 210 stuff.

Crafted gear was only ever for bleeding edge progression raiding, or glamours; and all the glamour gear can be acquired from the i150 versions much more cheaply. Except the tank head, which is sort of odd, but whatever.

Crafting is basically parked right where it was when 2.05 came out. Not a lot of interest in gear, reasonable returns on consumables for all the raiders, and some interest in materials for the common red scrip crafts. This is very similar to how the market looked in 2.0 when there was a lot of crafted i70 with no one giving a poo poo about it.

If they add new crafted pieces in 3.2 and it's all i210 it's then that you'll see a lot more interest in it. Right now nothing's going to change until 3.1, when they may start adding recipes that actually require the new red scrip crafter pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
e: nevermind i found it

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

sword_man.gif posted:

is it still possible to turn in armor augmentations and if so what do you need to do so they guy doesn't just shoo you away

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Simply_to_Dye_For

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
I am playing this game, currently a 26 Gladiator and I really like it. The only thing I miss is having a general chat channel. I actually have to make friends with pubbies and get invited/invite them to a linkshell?

I play on Excalibur, is there a goon linkshell or is that just for those in the goon guilds?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Free Companies (guilds) have a chat channel that more or less fills in the role of linkshells from XI, so join up with one of them ASAP. Also there are other benefits that are real handy.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Yeah, I'm in a FC - but there's only 5 or 6 of us and we all hang out in mumble too so there isn't any chatting.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Then stay in mumble with them and change FCS

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Fister Roboto posted:

Of course it would be really dumb to sell something that expensive through the market board, unless you like seeing 5% of your sale vanish into thin air.

the trade cap is 1 million gil so good luck selling something that expensive through not the market board?

unless you seriously trust someone to just trade you 1m 6 times

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Doublestep posted:

the trade cap is 1 million gil

I'm guessing mail has a similar limit? Stupid question, I know.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm guessing mail has a similar limit? Stupid question, I know.

yep

housing trades are the only thing i'd be willing to do with multiple trades and i'd demand the dude agreeing to the sale multiple times in say or party so i could nail him if he tried to screw me with support desk.

although i dont know how likely that is because GMs havent helped me with any kind of gear stealing in greed parties despite loot rules being stated in chat (before they added greed only)

Doublestep fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Sep 13, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Man, the midrange of levels in Heavensward has gotten kinda rough. From 50-54 it felt like there was a really nice bulk of story quests keeping me busy, but for the last few levels the "come back at the next level" keeps coming back quicker. Like I think all the level 56 story quests were just running back and forth in Ishgard.

I finished off my quests in Churning mists and I still have half a level to go. Fates feel kinda lovely. Like they take longer then most quests and give about half the experience. There also seems to be the odd one that just gives even less experience for no real good reason? Like, I'm sure someone will say "oh well there's a fate that follows it up" and I'll say yes, but they still take just as drat long as most other fates.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Like I think all the level 56 story quests were just running back and forth in Ishgard.

Pray return to moghome.

Then level a DRK and return at 58. :black101:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to get this quest? I have done the quest to unlock armor dying and I've still got my monk artifact armor. When I talk to Alys she doesn't offer me this quest, only the hardmode Ultima Weapon fight.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to get this quest? I have done the quest to unlock armor dying and I've still got my monk artifact armor. When I talk to Alys she doesn't offer me this quest, only the hardmode Ultima Weapon fight.
According to http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Simply_to_Dye_For:

quote:

Besides requiring the quest Color Your World to be completed, you also have to complete ONE of the level 50 job quest for a Disciple of War or a Disciple of Magic.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

During The Minotaur in Fractal Continuum it has never made sense to me that it says, "The Device is Locked" after you open a cage.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

nuru posted:

During The Minotaur in Fractal Continuum it has never made sense to me that it says, "The Device is Locked" after you open a cage.

It's telling you the rest of the cages are locked so someone doesn't immediately open all 4.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Whew, catching up on relic has been kind of tedious, but the rewards are so worth it:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Martman posted:

Whew, catching up on relic has been kind of tedious, but the rewards are so worth it:

You. I like you.

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Martman posted:

If you would've done this during the time these were relevant, you would've been named "Raidersbane" and would've led us to the promised land.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Just beat the preatorium. Best cutscene best soundtrack.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Touchfuzzy posted:

If you would've done this during the time these were relevant, you would've been named "Raidersbane" and would've led us to the promised land.

A perfectly statted healer relic that cost ~7m gil, but its Sphairai

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

the elevator battle music is loving legendary and still my favourite music of the game

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Avenging_Mikon posted:

ultima weapons theme is really good and its a shame its only used there

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Congrats PBC/DGKK goons you did it

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Boten Anna posted:

Congrats PBC/DGKK goons you did it

:negative:

Too soon, Aces! Wait for house transfers to be a thing so we can move TPT in there. I prefer our beach house though

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
For some reason I can't hold RMB and look/move around, holding RMB in most places on the screen doesn't actually do anything, it's like it's trying to click on something for some reason.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Emalde posted:

:negative:

Too soon, Aces! Wait for house transfers to be a thing so we can move TPT in there. I prefer our beach house though

Yeah talking about it in FC, none of us really want to give up our plot like at all, and gently caress losing our airship map

Touchfuzzy
Dec 5, 2010

Kuvo posted:

If you're talking about the first half, it's used again in the Ascian Prime battle. If you're talking about the second half, that would be because it's Ultima Weapon's theme.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Touchfuzzy posted:

If you're talking about the first half, it's used again in the Ascian Prime battle. If you're talking about the second half, that would be because it's Ultima Weapon's theme.

Maybe they'll reuse it for Omega Weapon :unsmigghh:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kuvo posted:

Is a different theme used in bard mode?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I assume he's talking about The Maker's Ruin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l69nQsEHxI

Which apparently, according to the GSM quest line, is an actual song that exists in Eorzea.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh i meant to post this the other day

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat those botters, setting their mounts to run slower.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Finally picked up the digital deluxe version of the game. Trying to get on Excalibur server has been problematic though. So, since I have never played the game before, from what I can tell, leveling is pretty straight forward to any other MMO. What about class skills or abilities, do they get added as you level, or is there a skill tree I need to worry about? I also read that your job can change based on your equipped weapon once you have learned new jobs. Does your action bars change also, when and if you switch weapons?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Uh huh, and?? If it wasn't clear by me saying I still had my monk artifact armor, I have definitely done the level 50 job quest for at least one job.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
on an unrelated note can you still get the daystar stuff?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vendictus Prime posted:

Finally picked up the digital deluxe version of the game. Trying to get on Excalibur server has been problematic though. So, since I have never played the game before, from what I can tell, leveling is pretty straight forward to any other MMO. What about class skills or abilities, do they get added as you level, or is there a skill tree I need to worry about? I also read that your job can change based on your equipped weapon once you have learned new jobs. Does your action bars change also, when and if you switch weapons?

Switching weapons switches your class, full stop. It's exactly as if you had switched to an alt in another MMO, except you still have your inventory, money, revealed map, etc. There's extremely limited customization of classes (because why bother putting a variety into each class when it's so easy to just switch classes?), all you can do is change your cross-class skills, which have a very deterministic "correct" allotment. Most skills are learned just as you level up, but some (at levels 15, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, and 60) are learned by doing your class quests back at your class guild hall. At level 30, your class quest will require you to have a second class at 15--this is moderately annoying, but super important. Level that class (it should only take an hour or so), then do the quest.

Another side note: all classes lower level than your main class (defined as the class you have the highest level in) get experience boosts to combat, dungeons, leves, and fates, but importantly not quests. This means quests are pretty inefficient on second classes, so there's no point in saving them. That said, the only quests that are really important to do are the main scenario (the ones with the fiery meteor icon), your class/job quests (mentioned above), and quests which unlock things (http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content). The really important things to unlock in a timely manner are your chocobo mount, your chocobo combat companion, the challenge log, and sidequest dungeons.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vendictus Prime posted:

I suggest playing the game and finding these things out on your own. Don't worry, there's no way to permanently screw yourself out of anything.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Thumbtacks posted:

on an unrelated note can you still get the daystar stuff?
You get soldiery stuff through the plot at some point now, and you can buy all the soldiery gear from a GC NPC (for allied seals I think?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Vendictus Prime posted:

If you aren't opposed to spending an extra 18 USD, you can join another server like Diabolos, and in three days you can transfer over to Excalibur with no restrictions. If you end up starting on Diabolos I can give you a hand getting started. I'm D'riz Volta in game.

• Locked thread