Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone who says something like, "complete strangers are always coming up to me and..." are always lying.
No, sorry, no one cares about you that much or that often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone who says something like, "complete strangers are always coming up to me and..." are always lying.

Pretty much.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

new GBS rules lookin good

Inzombiac posted:

i used to have a lot of incidents - two a month - of people saying "wow you look like [a person they know]" I don't know why they did this. a couple years hard living, and it stopped happening.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Mariana Horchata posted:

Strangers often come up to me and ask if I'm a boy or a girl. Who are you, Professor Oak in the beginning of a loving Pokemon game? Mind your own god drat business.

- M.W.A.
Millennials With Attitude

So, a oval office.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Mariana Horchata posted:

Strangers often come up to me and ask if I'm a boy or a girl. Who are you, Professor Oak in the beginning of a loving Pokemon game? Mind your own god drat business.

- M.W.A.
Millennials With Attitude

there's a beautiful person on campus who im pretty sure is a girl in a suit but i am too out of touch to know how to figure out the right pronoun even after reading this educational thread

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

I forgot to include the first part lastnight.

this is loving hilarious and true as gently caress

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

nomadologique posted:

i used to see people on the hard nod right around the corner from where i lived

just fyi really quick bro one of these things doesn't mean what you think it means

poopy pee pee
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a nice guy, hoping to have some fun on these forums, Lol
Hey hipsters...drink weird coffee much. Mocha frappa venti WHAAAA??

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

This x1000. I swear it's a recent tumblr/SJW/TvTropes or whatever you want to call it thing. People really, really want to have some sort of validity about their perceived problems so instead of saying things like "In general the media disapproves of my lifestyle" or "My parents give me poo poo for wanting to be an artisanal yo-yo crafter instead of going to college" they have to make up some sort of implausible scenario where these people come up to them in real life and, to-wit nothing, insult them on their choices.

I'm a pretty brazen person in real life and never once have I felt the need to go up to someone I've never met or spoken to and tell them I disagree with their life.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hail satan

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
People are constantly coming up to me and complementing my hare.

Because I have a rabbit! loll

This joke works better if you hear me say it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This x1000. I swear it's a recent tumblr/SJW/TvTropes or whatever you want to call it thing. People really, really want to have some sort of validity about their perceived problems so instead of saying things like "In general the media disapproves of my lifestyle" or "My parents give me poo poo for wanting to be an artisanal yo-yo crafter instead of going to college" they have to make up some sort of implausible scenario where these people come up to them in real life and, to-wit nothing, insult them on their choices.

I'm a pretty brazen person in real life and never once have I felt the need to go up to someone I've never met or spoken to and tell them I disagree with their life.

An extension of social media. Online, people really do get all up in your poo poo like that, and people who spend too much time their just have it bleed into real life.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Justin Tyme posted:

well judging by the twinkish, baby-smooth appearance they definitely aren't a man

though in this day and age there are dudes who would take that as a compliment

"this day and age" is such a grandpa thing to say

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tequila Sunrise posted:

the millenials grew up with boomer parents stating that they can be whatever they want when they grow up so shut the gently caress up dad and eat my artisinal roasted almonds grown in california gently caress its just sriacha its not erven hot god drat it dad

Manifest Despair
Aug 20, 2008
Most of the older generations wanted to have families, careers, wealth, fame, honor, to conquer and plunder and whatever the gently caress else, I just want to be left alone in a lovely studio apt with a twerkbutt deluxe.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

actually boomers were the ones to start the trend of young people being no-good dirty communists

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

actually boomers were the ones to start the trend of young people being no-good dirty communists

Yeah, but they ended up being SO BAD at it. Like, Bernie Sanders is the only one who has stuck with it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Twat McTwatterson posted:

this is loving hilarious and true as gently caress

It looks like they live in the suburbs so yea it checks out

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, but they ended up being SO BAD at it. Like, Bernie Sanders is the only one who has stuck with it.

what do you think today's transethnic otherkin will be like once they have a mortgage

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Who owns Calvin and Hobbes? Is that Gen X or does it belong to the millennials?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Gen X owns it, but millennials like to say that they are fans.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I can safely say as a 25 year old I don't give a gently caress about Calvin and Hobbes, nor do I understand the attachment to it by people slightly older than me.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
is there a generation between gen x and millenial?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

Pretend I ironically linked the photo of dapper hipster Stalin

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

black hipsters annoy me because they don't think they are gentrifiers when they move into poor areas of brooklyn.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I can safely say as a 25 year old I don't give a gently caress about Calvin and Hobbes, nor do I understand the attachment to it by people slightly older than me.

"Oh hey! A comic in a dead format that sometimes elicits a slight grin. . . better heap a metric ton of importance on it!" - Weirdos

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

the one about killing is still the same, they'll at least concede to that

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Panda Bear posted:

just fyi really quick bro one of these things doesn't mean what you think it means

quote:

Following this initial euphoria, the user goes “on the nod,” an alternately wakeful and drowsy state.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

those ppl do not fit around that table

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

black hipsters annoy me because they don't think they are gentrifiers when they move into poor areas of brooklyn.

black hipsters are often the biggest weirdos. i guess since they have to surpass an extra level of stigma of succumbing to coffee shops, having a trust fund, and marrying journalist majors that smell like patchouli oil or whatever it is people in park slope do.

everytime I go to williamsburg i am intensely freaked out by the people there. there are some advanced hipsters there it feels like i'm in some inverted future anime where the people are based off the characters from superjail.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Blistex posted:

"Oh hey! A comic in a dead format that sometimes elicits a slight grin. . . better heap a metric ton of importance on it!" - Weirdos

Interesting. I wonder what piece of popular culture that's endearing to 'kids these days' will be baffling to you when you get older. It's sad our broader culture doesn’t seem concerned with the narrowcasting to individual tastes that drives people's interests. I feel like there won't be a national conversation about anything because we'll all be safe in our own specialized media that we chose for ourselves.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

calvin and hobbes owns, it's funny and insightful which is all the more remarkable when you realize it's made in the same medium as loving garfield and marmaduke

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

"the same medium" ie pictures in a row

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

thanks for explaining that for the lesser people amongst us

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A Strange Aeon posted:

Interesting. I wonder what piece of popular culture that's endearing to 'kids these days' will be baffling to you when you get older.

xavier: renegade angel

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

calvin and hobbes owns, it's funny and insightful which is all the more remarkable when you realize it's made in the same medium as loving garfield and marmaduke

garfield loves lasagna, but hates monday and diets. it's good poo poo that cat s really cynical

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Phlegmish posted:

what do you think today's transethnic otherkin will be like once they have a mortgage

good news, current trends say they probably never will

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Phlegmish posted:

lol, young people owning a mortgage.

momerath posted:

everytime I go to williamsburg i am intensely freaked out by the people there. there are some advanced hipsters there it feels like i'm in some inverted future anime where the people are based off the characters from superjail.

i grew up in williamsburg so i was used to it being packed with old wops and poles, but then some guys were like, 'hey retarded kids want to live here, give me a couple of million for your building' and they were like 'gently caress yes'. one day i was walking around and i saw what i thought was a poor homeless female schizophrenic in a tutu with two different colored socks and one sandal and one shoe. until i realized she lived here and paid like 3500 a month plus utilities. they also put up flyers around that said if you were over 25 to gtfo because this place wasn't for you. fun fact tho, there were too many huge rear end buildings going up in brooklyn, so many that the sewer system and power system couldn't support it, so that has driven rents up even further as building there has been put on hold or slowed considerably. yet there are still people who want to move there, even if queens is cheaper and nicer. no matter how many hipsters move in, that area will still be an industrial shithole. large parts of brooklyn were never intended to be developed for residential as they had been industrial sites so they are highly contaminated, yet hipsters are moving in as people are buying up every square inch of real estate. also if you are in brooklyn and there are hipster restaurants using produce from open air gardens either on roofs or in local backyards, never, ever loving eat there. this is because there are massive amounts of lead and mercury and other heavy metals and toxins in the produce from the air and soil.

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

is there a generation between gen x and millenial?

the oregon trail generation: http://socialmediaweek.org/blog/2015/04/oregon-trail-generation/

basically people who were born before the advent of computer but grew up during it. early-mid 1980s.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Dapper Dan posted:

also if you are in brooklyn and there are hipster restaurants using produce from open air gardens either on roofs or in local backyards, never, ever loving eat there. this is because there are massive amounts of lead and mercury and other heavy metals and toxins in the produce from the air and soil.

thanks for taking one for the team to let us know

• Locked thread