Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Swans vs North will not be as fun as Eagles vs Hawks. Oh Richmond, you failed us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

The Deadly Hume posted:

I wonder if Harvey will crack 500. He'll most likely take the record.

Still a long way off Bradley's record.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Applecross WC. posted:

Was at the game today and it was very enjoyable knocking the Tigers out of the finals. The media will be disappointed they can't get down on their knees and blow them anymore, apparently we had no chance of winning. Also copped random abuse from a Richmond fan walking home. I love beating Richmond :)

Are Richmond fans as over/under medicated in person as they seem over the internet?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Are Richmond fans as over/under medicated in person as they seem over the internet?

As me and my 5 year old were walking down the ramp from level 4 after the game, there was a mulleted Richmond bogan walking back and forth screaming stuff like 'THE TIGES WON IN MY EYES! gently caress THESE BLUE AND WHITE CUNTS!' At one point a man, probably in his 60s, wearing a Geelong cap asked him pretty nicely to stop yelling at everybody. Richmond guy responds with 'SHUT THE gently caress UP. AT LEAST MY TEAM MADE THE FINALS'. The old guy knew he wouldn't be getting anywhere and just scurried away.

Then we got outside gate 4 and two Richmond supporters were being held back by police and security. They were threatening and screaming obscenities at each other.

All in all. Good day at the footy.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Good times. I wonder if that unpaid free kick that should have been a Richmond goal will result in a 'Right In Front Of Me' video?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I think I've mentioned it in here before, but I've been told by a senior police officer that Richmond fans cause the most problems.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Periphery posted:

I think I've mentioned it in here before, but I've been told by a senior police officer that Richmond fans cause the most problems.

It's probably a weight of numbers thing though.
More supporters = more deadshits. Every club has deadshit supporters.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

pkid posted:

It's probably a weight of numbers thing though.
More supporters = more deadshits. Every club has deadshit supporters.

That's true, but no club quite gets their own supports riled up like Richmond does. I'm wondering now whether Richmond is actually just a big practical joke. The players are not footy players, they're actors with athlete's bodies who are being paid to gently caress with tigers fans in a very bad, long running joke.

"Ok Trent, no more than 10 possessions for you today. Ty, you need to star early on and make them think this is your time and that you've arrived on the big stage, then late in the game mess up in spectacular fashion. Break a leg fellas! Just, not literally like Browny took that".

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I was surprised Lennon didn't get given a chance today, he always seems to have an impact coming on late as a sub in the few games I've seen him play.

Boomer truly is the modern embodiment of KB, hungry as hell, but he knows how to play.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
well my phone shat itself this morning and i have a lovely loaner from telstra until wednesday, so no more mascots until then. i finished freo yesterday and the roos just then :|

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

AFL.com gave Cotchin a very generous 3/10 rating. Shared that rating with Edward & Thomas with only Griffiths rated worse.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

snaeksikn posted:

well my phone shat itself this morning and i have a lovely loaner from telstra until wednesday, so no more mascots until then. i finished freo yesterday and the roos just then :|

animals I get but how do you draw a docker

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
really good weekend of footy though, watched every game without getting bored.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Negligent posted:

animals I get but how do you draw a docker

Tell him he's losing his penalty rates and smokos :rimshot:

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

AFL.com gave Cotchin a very generous 3/10 rating. Shared that rating with Edward & Thomas with only Griffiths rated worse.

Why did they pick Griffiths. Why.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Shmoses posted:

Why did they pick Griffiths. Why.

Dimma was asked this in the presser (before he called a journo a loving moron) and he said the idea was to use Griff as a back up ruckman to allow Vickery to stay forward instead of having to pinch hit around the ground.
He pointed out that Griff had 2 easy shots and missed both.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

pkid posted:

Dimma was asked this in the presser (before he called a journo a loving moron) and he said the idea was to use Griff as a back up ruckman to allow Vickery to stay forward instead of having to pinch hit around the ground.
He pointed out that Griff had 2 easy shots and missed both.

But Vickery's been in good form playing that role? Seemed silly to me. Conca too.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Thats only because all the Collingwood supporters would have left half way through the final quarter :v:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

I can believe this. But I think they've been traumatised by decades of mediocrity. There's no other fan base like them. Not even Collingwood fans are that bipolar.

And to think I was going to follow them had that Dawks thing gone through.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Shmoses posted:

But Vickery's been in good form playing that role? Seemed silly to me. Conca too.

I was shocked with both the changes as well.
If they wanted another tall they would have been better off sending Hampson into the side instead of Griff.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
My Dad came to Australia in 1980, in August. He was working with a bunch of Collingwood supporters and decided to support Richmond in the GF because nobody else was. They win the flag, he decides to stick with Richmond to this day. In hindsight not the best decision.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

spamman posted:

My Dad came to Australia in 1980, in August. He was working with a bunch of Collingwood supporters and decided to support Richmond in the GF because nobody else was. They win the flag, he decides to stick with Richmond to this day. In hindsight not the best decision.

Still better than the alternative

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

gabensraum posted:

Still better than the alternative

If he'd waited a few years he could've jumped on the Hawks bandwagon like 20 years early.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Deadly Hume posted:

I can believe this. But I think they've been traumatised by decades of mediocrity. There's no other fan base like them. Not even Collingwood fans are that bipolar.

Not even Saints fans are that mad, possibly because we still don't think we deserve a flag.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Someone needs a raise

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Chris Scott is cursing this successful "hermano" guy he keeps hearing about this year

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

gay picnic defence posted:

unpaid free kick that should have been a Richmond goal

I loved the whole game as a person without a don in the race. This was the highlight, I loved seeing all the RIchmond players just stop and appeal without trying to lay a tackle.
But... I'm not sure it should have been a free kick anyway. The Norf player takes only 4 steps before being tackled, and he was in the act of disposal. I don't think he really had a prior opportunity, and he was trying to get rid of it as soon as he could. The call of "play on" is appropriate given the other decisions in the match. Umps were consistent, in my book.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

thepokey posted:

Chris Scott is cursing this successful "hermano" guy he keeps hearing about this year

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
I mean it's one year cost of living allowance, Michael, how much could it cost? Ten million?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just saw that terrible stat, Fitzroy has won more finals than Richmond since 1982.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

Just saw that terrible stat, Fitzroy has won more finals than Richmond since 1982.

Until recently fitzroy had also made more finals series than Richmond since 1982

Alkazard.exe
Mar 25, 2008

pkid posted:

Dimma was asked this in the presser (before he called a journo a loving moron)

That was because a journo didn't have his phone on silent in the press conference.

I thought this weekend lived up to every bit of hype I expected going in to it. It was set to be one of the best final series I think we've had in years because it's a very well matched top 8 where every team really has a chance to go through - thank God it's not a two horse race as we've seen lately.

Side note: I know it's a long shot, but are there any ways to get a Grand Final ticket if you're not a full member this year? Eg. Shady secret website people hock their second ticket/someone here who only wants one of the two available/etc.? Knowing full well the price will be hiked D:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Alkazard.exe posted:

Side note: I know it's a long shot, but are there any ways to get a Grand Final ticket if you're not a full member this year? Eg. Shady secret website people hock their second ticket/someone here who only wants one of the two available/etc.? Knowing full well the price will be hiked D:
You might get one late before the game at the ground if people are trying to offload theirs before bailing. That's about your only chance really.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The Deadly Hume posted:

You might get one late before the game at the ground if people are trying to offload theirs before bailing. That's about your only chance really.

If he knows some afl members whose club makes it, they get a double chance at the ballot, so in theory they could get tickets for him. That's how I got tickets to two of Geelongs GFs

Alkazard.exe
Mar 25, 2008
That was a consideration.

I thought there might be a possibility of finding some lovely person who is a member and can buy two - but might only want one. :/

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

If it is an all interstate GF, you'll be able to get a ticket if you look hard enough.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So who are richmond going to bring in to lose next years elimination final(to Melbourne)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Forum Joe posted:

I loved the whole game as a person without a don in the race. This was the highlight, I loved seeing all the RIchmond players just stop and appeal without trying to lay a tackle.
But... I'm not sure it should have been a free kick anyway. The Norf player takes only 4 steps before being tackled, and he was in the act of disposal. I don't think he really had a prior opportunity, and he was trying to get rid of it as soon as he could. The call of "play on" is appropriate given the other decisions in the match. Umps were consistent, in my book.

Yeah I see your point there. Just watched it again a few times and it's deceptive because he's already running when he receives the ball so you think he's had it a while but he only has a moment before he is tackled.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-13/dimma-slams-diabolical-call

I was adamant it was holding when watching live yesterday but I think you're right.

• Locked thread