Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This is your classic Olsen away game where we just go into it expecting to lose and then lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I'm sick of the mentality of defense only away games. Birnbaum switches off in between hockey checks. Franklin is done. Halsti is yet another waste of money in a scheme he isn't built for. And seriously, that goal was eleven ball watchers and Hamid realized that holy poo poo, he really DOES have to do everyone's job.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
This is dreadful and makes me pine for Chris Korb's manic energy.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Michael Farfan. That'll do it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Wtf does Pablo really send messages like classroom notes

DO YOU LIKE MY TACTICS? CHECK ONE

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Thank you Bill.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Was that Rapids player just pinching his nipples

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Great, Torres gets hurt just as Ivanschitz comes back. Also San Jose is super unlucky to not make that goal. gently caress you, Goonies.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh. Neagle's on. Yaaaaay. :shrek:

e. oh gently caress this team.

e.e. THAT'S loving NEAGLE'S MAN GOD drat IT

gently caress YOU NEAGLE

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 13, 2015

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

loving knew it. God damnit.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Lamar Neagle is only tolerable if you imagine that he's really The Weeknd

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Dalmuti posted:

Lamar Neagle is only tolerable if you imagine that he's really The Weeknd

To be fair we really should stop expecting anything good from Federal Way.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Oh my god Neagle come the gently caress on

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Eat poo poo San Jose!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

That service, that loving finish! Martins I love you

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Montreal holding the Galaxy to a scoreless draw in Carson? This is...not how I expected this game to go.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Precious, unsatisfying point.

And a Shitzload of jokes about the new guy's name.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Was Taters posted:

Precious, unsatisfying point.

And a Shitzload of jokes about the new guy's name.

I'm pretty drat satisfied with it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DR AIDS posted:

I'm pretty drat satisfied with it.

Pretty satisfying Shitz if you ask me.

Thank you based Oba.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Thank you based Oba.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Thank you based Oba.

Not empty-quoting, but totally am.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Really the worst thing about the Sounders game is Torres being injured. I think getting Evans out of the backline has been a good thing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Orlando is going to give KC 3 points aren't they? :(

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Another classic Rapids game from a classically crappy Rapids team. Play *just* well enough to not lose, don't play well enough to win, and when it counts, play terrible defense. :argh: How more games of this inept play do we have before Pablo gets fired?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Another classic Rapids game from a classically crappy Rapids team. Play *just* well enough to not lose, don't play well enough to win, and when it counts, play terrible defense. :argh: How more games of this inept play do we have before Pablo gets fired?

Are you insane, you should've won 3-0 easy but Bill Hamid is God.

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

El Jebus posted:

Orlando is going to give KC 3 points aren't they? :(

I think at this point in Orlando's season, the question is not whether KC will score four goals, but whether they will score four goals before halftime. I've watched around half of Orlando's games this year, two of them in person, and the whole team just looks lost. They've conceded three or more goals in six of their last ten games, and only scored more than one goal twice over that same stretch. I think there are a couple of major culprits:
- No dangerous striker. Cyle Larin is absurdly good for a rookie, but he gets played alone up top a lot, and teams have game-planned for him at this point. Although he has the rookie scoring record, he has only scored in three of the past ten games.
- A revolving door in defense. Aurelien Collin has been a rock in the back, but the other CB was Seb Hines for a while, then it was Sean St. Ledger, now it's some Spanish guy. Left back was Brek Shea for a while, then Corey Ashe, now Luke Boden. Right back is Rafael Ramos on the rare occasions he's not serving a red-card suspension (he has, I believe, 3 reds this season). Tally Hall is a great goalkeeper but he doesn't have much to work with at this point.
- Adrian Heath. He won a couple of USL Pro championships, but being a good third-division coach doesn't mean you're a good first-division coach. All he seems to do is yowl at the referees; I don't think I can point to a single game that was impacted by his use of substitutions or his tactical acuity.

It seems awfully vague to say it could be the offense or the defense or the coach, but I think it's possible to point to tangible and noteworthy deficiencies in all three of those areas.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

foobardog posted:

To be fair we really should stop expecting anything good from Federal Way.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
VVinter scores and its 1-0 Orlando after 4 mins

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Orlando is good at random times. And never when you want.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Orlando will lose this even with Brek Shea.

Reject
Nov 4, 2002

Paddyb posted:

Orlando will lose this even with Brek Shea.

good timing.

i agree tho, watch us give up three goals

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

KC got Brecked

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Your Boy Fancy posted:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*reports SKC to FIFA for match fixing*

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
it was actually true that dom dwyer wanted to return to orlando and he can't stand the idea of scoring on us

Reject
Nov 4, 2002
lol wb to orlando dwyer, here's a bullshit red from an amazing flop

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Your Boy Fancy posted:

They've beat most of the West playoff teams, but not Seattle...

...nope, doesn't check out.

Conartist
Aug 15, 2004
Wow. Orlando won a game. Too bad relatively nobody was there to see it. Also Alex Morgan and Sydney Leroux were on the sidelines. I think more people cared about them then the game itself. At least until the second Orlando goal.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I was there. Best support in the league? Hell, you be the judge.

https://vid.me/GSOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I was there. Best support in the league? Hell, you be the judge.

https://vid.me/GSOL

Oh my word

• Locked thread