Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Raku posted:

Why is Auburn still getting votes

SEC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Let's Beat the Golden Bears

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Jazzimus Prime posted:

And now they're losing to a MAC team

And now they're losing to Louisiana-Monroe

And now they have to play the rest of the SEC, which isn't nearly as good as advertised but is still better than us :sadwave: :razorback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1BO0vAUD8

Winsanity
May 14, 2015

Space magic is the best magic
Sterling Shepard for Heisman. For real though, our offensive line looked pretty drat bad. Especially with the 2 freshman OTs. Awesome game to watch though, and thankfully the Big 12 isn't usually known for its defense.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Auburn ahead of Oklahoma seems wrong to me. Scrape by an FCS team or get an away top 25 win. Not like Louisville looks great either.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Quandary posted:

Auburn ahead of Oklahoma seems wrong to me. Scrape by an FCS team or get an away top 25 win. Not like Louisville looks great either.

Maybe win a game without the refs throwing more than the QBs

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Temple has more votes than Miami.

Temple 24; Miami (Fla.) 16;

Fire Al Golden.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I was going to tout that the ACC technically has 3 teams in the top 10 but then I remembered gently caress NOTRE DAME

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

On the bright side, next week's Miami-Nebraska game should be a good game between two top-50 teams.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Dilber posted:

Temple has more votes than Miami.

Temple 24; Miami (Fla.) 16;

Fire Al Golden.

Look at what he built up at Temple. Just needs more time at Miami imo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Quandary posted:

I get what you're saying, but making GBS threads on Auburns ranking and then calling Tennessee a "top 25" team in the same breath based on the same dumb meaningless rankings is pretty disingenuous.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Lessail posted:

That's great and all but show me the bottom 25 that's all that matters

Texas, Penn State, Idaho, some other teams

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Andichu's Top 25

1. Ohio State – Looked almost mortal, but still very good.
2. TCU – Poor Stephen A Austin
3. Bama – Also looked Mortal
4. Michigan State – Help us Sparty, You’re Our Only Hope
5. Georgia Tech – Once again did what they’re supposed to.
6. UGA – They looked hilariously inept versus Vanderbilt, but maybe that was just overlooking them?
7. FSU – Took care of business versus an improved USF team.
8. USC – I feel like this is almost by default.
9. Baylor – Their defense is horrid.
10. Oklahoma – Big Game Bob Stoops is Back Baby
11. UCLA – I still don’t think they’re very good.
12. LSU – Next week vs Barner should be interesting. :twisted:
13. Ole Miss – Once again did what good teams do and did everything they’re supposed to do.
14. Oregon – There’s no real threat to them in the Pac-12 North and could still easily finish 10-2 or 11-1 and in the hunt for a playoff berth.
15. Clemson – The Other Tigers have one more tune up game against Louisville before they GT and ND
16. Arizona – Still sloppier than they should be, but seems to be chugging along nicely.
17. Notre Dame – Struggled versus UVA and lost Zaire for the year. Will need to find answers quickly.
18. A&M – At this point, I don’t think there’s any real difference in where the next several teams are slotted
19. Utah – Looked a little sloppy again, but closed out in what could have been a trap game.
20. BYU – gently caress Boise Now and Forever
21. WVU – Looked sloppy versus Liberty at times, now have a week off before Maryland.
22. Northwestern – I love scrappy little guys with J-schools
23. Temple – Hootie Hoo
24. Boston College– Seriously
25. Wisconsin – ‘Cause why not.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Still not sure what Arkansas losing at home to Toledo means for the TTU game next week...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kayakyakr posted:

Still not sure what Arkansas losing at home to Toledo means for the TTU game next week...

angry brett beliema

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Any angry arkansas meltdown vids yet?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Andichu's Top 25

1. Ohio State – Looked almost mortal, but still very good.
2. TCU – Poor Stephen A Austin
3. Bama – Also looked Mortal
4. Michigan State – Help us Sparty, You’re Our Only Hope
5. Georgia Tech – Once again did what they’re supposed to.
6. UGA – They looked hilariously inept versus Vanderbilt, but maybe that was just overlooking them?
7. FSU – Took care of business versus an improved USF team.
8. USC – I feel like this is almost by default.
9. Baylor – Their defense is horrid.
10. Oklahoma – Big Game Bob Stoops is Back Baby
11. UCLA – I still don’t think they’re very good.
12. LSU – Next week vs Barner should be interesting. :twisted:
13. Ole Miss – Once again did what good teams do and did everything they’re supposed to do.
14. Oregon – There’s no real threat to them in the Pac-12 North and could still easily finish 10-2 or 11-1 and in the hunt for a playoff berth.
15. Clemson – The Other Tigers have one more tune up game against Louisville before they GT and ND
16. Arizona – Still sloppier than they should be, but seems to be chugging along nicely.
17. Notre Dame – Struggled versus UVA and lost Zaire for the year. Will need to find answers quickly.
18. A&M – At this point, I don’t think there’s any real difference in where the next several teams are slotted
19. Utah – Looked a little sloppy again, but closed out in what could have been a trap game.
20. BYU – gently caress Boise Now and Forever
21. WVU – Looked sloppy versus Liberty at times, now have a week off before Maryland.
22. Northwestern – I love scrappy little guys with J-schools
23. Temple – Hootie Hoo
24. Boston College– Seriously
25. Wisconsin – ‘Cause why not.

Agreed except Georgia Tech should have TCUs spot

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Raku posted:

Agreed except Georgia Tech should have TCUs spot

TCU beat a Power 5 opponent on the Road and GT has not played a Power 5 Opponent.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 13, 2015

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

TCU beat a Power 5 opponent on the Road and TCU has not played a Power 5 Opponent.

God I hate logic puzzles like this

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

TCU beat a Power 5 opponent on the Road and TCU has not played a Power 5 Opponent.

Are you trapped between multiple realities?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah GT's thrashed its cupcakes the way a good team should, which is more than can be said of a lot of other teams this year, but next week is its first worthy opponent so we'll see how good of a team GT is then.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Farking Bastage posted:

Unbelievable rear end ripping performed by UF's head coach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIqLPvXIXCA

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/643097882871111680

Team looked sloppy and lovely. Offense was disjointed. OL got blown off the ball by ECU. Dline got no push. Secondary was beaten regularly.

God is dead, if he ever existed in the first place.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

So... TCU has to get the Power 5 opponent across the river without letting it be eaten by TCU?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/643097882871111680

Team looked sloppy and lovely. Offense was disjointed. OL got blown off the ball by ECU. Dline got no push. Secondary was beaten regularly.

God is dead, if he ever existed in the first place.

The spirit of Muschamp's psychosis is still alive at UF.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Schrodinger's Opponent

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
As you approach the speed of TCU, TCU starts to seemingly stand still, at the same time making it impossible to pass TCU.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

What color does TCU appear when its moving away from you, as opposed to moving towards you?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

The spirit of Muschamp's psychosis is still alive at UF.

Mac isn't a raging retard like champ--he just hit his breaking point after another stupid loving unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

1 penalty last week. 12 last night.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
BGSU looked scary on offense yesterday. If that's what we look like when our offense clicks, then drat, it's gonna be an awesome season. Our defense was better than it was last game, and we didn't really get destroyed this time. Granted Maryland is a bottom tier Big Ten team, and UT is supposedly pretty good, so we'll have time to see. There is no team in the MAC that can handle this kind of offense, so if we can have the defense continue to improve and clean up the stupid penalties (I'm not even gonna mention the Special Teams right now), I can see another MAC title on the way.

Matt Johnson is going to break the single season record for passing this year for the school easily at this rate, and might have a shot for the NCAA record, as long as he stays healthy. Had he been our QB last year, we probably would have won the MAC again. Coppet/Greene are a nice thunder/lightning punch as well.

Memphis will be a challenge next week, but hopefully after two games on the road, we can put up a good fight. Purdue after that, and they're not that great either. If we can come out of this OOC schedule as 2-2, both wins against the B10, I'll be thrilled.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I haven't had coffee yet you nerd balls. YOu know what I meant.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Quandary posted:

Auburn has SEC determination, while OU just beat a crappy team from some random conference.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.

Pakled posted:

Yeah GT's thrashed its cupcakes the way a good team should, which is more than can be said of a lot of other teams this year, but next week is its first worthy opponent so we'll see how good of a team GT is then.

I am terrified of the ND game but the one thing that gives me hope is our starters have gotten like 3 quarters off in the past two games so maybe we'll be well-rested while ND is still recovering from their slugfest with the powerhouse that is Virginia :lol:

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
At least all those Alabama fans complaining about how tough their schedule is based on last week's ratings can rest easier with 3 fewer ranked teams in their schedule now, and Auburn out of the top 10!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

FLEXBONER posted:

I am terrified of the ND game but the one thing that gives me hope is our starters have gotten like 3 quarters off in the past two games so maybe we'll be well-rested while ND is still recovering from their slugfest with the powerhouse that is Virginia :lol:

God I hope GT goes into south bend and humiliates ND.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia Tech will lose then all the fans that have been fans their whole life will vanish back into the woodwork.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

Scarf posted:

God I hope GT goes into south bend and humiliates ND.

Well you better bring a second pair of pants for all the cum you're about to unleash.

I think ND has about a 10-25% chance of winning. The defense looked like the same ol' poo poo as last year and we're playing with a rs freshman QB.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

kayakyakr posted:

Who knows but hopefully Arkansas can turn it around. We have a common opponent, you know

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

JonathonSpectre posted:

Cool Muschamp motivational technique, I hope he can match Coach Boom's sterling record at UF!

BTW those are literally the ugliest loving uniforms not only that I've seen but that humanity has imagined.

My takeaway was that he's holding players accountable for their discipline on the field. This isn't a coach yelling at a guy for missing a play or not catching a ball (like Muschamp was prone to do) - this a situation of a coach yelling at a player for making a poor choice of character in that moment. He's trying to build men first, football players second because he believes that one comes with the other. I like it, and KT seems to have gotten the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Auburn at 18 in the AP. Seems high.

• Locked thread