Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Immortan posted:

Mexicans aren't bringing terrible ideas and theocracy with them.

I get it, it's alright to genocide those who we disagree with. :downsbravo:

Why don't you :fuckoff: back to Stormfront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
Where the gently caress did the idea of genocide come from? I don't see Immortan or Sethex calling for the mass death of Muslims, or do you just find it more fun to attack what you "think" they really mean through your magic tumblr decoder goggles?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Sinestro posted:

Where the gently caress did the idea of genocide come from? I don't see Immortan or Sethex calling for the mass death of Muslims, or do you just find it more fun to attack what you "think" they really mean through your magic tumblr decoder goggles?

This post appears to be too rational for this thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's funny because the person I personally know in Europe who is the most hostile to Islam is a Moroccan, but please to continue to assume that every immigrant from the Middle East and North Africa is part of a hivemind bent on submitting white people to Islamic theocracy.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Yeah, when I said "gas it," I meant the poster, not the thread. Eurabia, tumblr and misuse of the word "rational" have already come up, so everybody get out your reddit bingo card and eyes down for next one. My money's on "taqqiya" or "SJWs."

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Sinestro posted:

lol, like I read tumblr.

We got Immortan spewing poo poo out like Donald Trump does on a nightly basis (albeit on different ethnicites). Better me to curtail any suggestions of genocide before it happens.

And I love how when someone suggests not letting the leading country for funding fundamentalist Islam fund mosques in Europe they're shut down with "you're just a western totalitarianist" as a response.

This whole thread is full of retards.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
It's a shame how the Iran Nuclear Deal didn't actually involve giving Iran nukes like the Republican agitprop says, because they're going to need them given the oncoming fascist Europe.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

We got Immortan spewing poo poo out like Donald Trump does on a nightly basis (albeit on different ethnicites). Better me to curtail any suggestions of genocide before it happens.

For a minute I thought you were Agag.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sinestro posted:

People are disagreeing with me, gas it! :qq:

This is Debate and Discussion, not Circlejerk and Congratulate.

Let's see here:

-population bomb!!

-poisonous ideologies (we all know Islam is the only source of these)

-tumblr lol

Have I missed anything?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

SedanChair posted:

Let's see here:

-population bomb!!

Apparently the fact that populations are declining in Europe while there is large amounts of immigration and that those immigrant populations have higher birth rates than the native population is offensive wrongthink now?

SedanChair posted:

-poisonous ideologies (we all know Islam is the only source of these)

People in this thread sure love reading lots of extra stuff into posts, it's fun! I was unaware that talking about Islam in the thread "Islam, ISIS, and You: Where are all these so-called "moderate" Muslims?" meant that it was being implied that it was the only example of such a thing.

SedanChair posted:

-tumblr lol

There is a certain kind of deeply stupid pseudo-social justice that pours from that feculent sewer of a website that is at hand here, where the number of Oppression Points is more important than actual actions. I mean sure, they're radical misogynists and homophobes, but they're not white christians, so you can't attack them!

SedanChair posted:

Have I missed anything?

Actually making a point or adding anything to the discussion.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Immortan posted:

Look at this naive tumblrina who's never heard of papal monarchy.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Wowzers, gang. Looks like a five-alarm line-by-line. Guess it's time to fight fire with fire.

Sinestro posted:

Apparently the fact that populations are declining in Europe while there is large amounts of immigration and that those immigrant populations have higher birth rates than the native population is offensive wrongthink now?

Unfortunately, "Sinestro", God, should she exist, wouldn't care about your little tiff, so there is absolutely no reason to engage in hopping back and forth between facts and interpretations as necessary unless it gets you horny. And homegrown is not allowed on this website.

quote:

People in this thread sure love reading lots of extra stuff into posts, it's fun! I was unaware that talking about Islam in the thread "Islam, ISIS, and You: Where are all these so-called "moderate" Muslims?" meant that it was being implied that it was the only example of such a thing.

Similarly, "Sinestro", you have a very strange, warped understanding of communication and language, wherein context is a fake idea, possibly from the bad social media website.

quote:

There is a certain kind of deeply stupid pseudo-social justice that pours from that feculent sewer of a website that is at hand here, where the number of Oppression Points is more important than actual actions. I mean sure, they're radical misogynists and homophobes, but they're not white christians, so you can't attack them!

Actually, given the number of people arguing that liberalism is incapable of dealing with the evils of Muslims, both here and elsewhere, the "pseudo-social justice" would be in facilitating the fascists looking for Jews 2.0 to gas in camps.

quote:

Actually making a point or adding anything to the discussion.

Turn your monitor on.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Sinestro posted:

More that it's offensive and dog whistly to suggest or imply that these demographic changes signal an impending invasion and that the Superior Western Civilisation is under threat of being subsumed by the savage hordes blowing in from the east. That we're being outbred and it's either part of some masterplan by islamic fundamentalists to destroy us from within or a catastrophic breakdown of european society from which we'll never recover.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
This thread has been infested by the tag teamed shitposting of Effectronica and Sedan Chair- practically the worst fate that can befall a thread of any type.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

TomViolence posted:

More that it's offensive and dog whistly to suggest or imply that these demographic changes signal an impending invasion and that the Superior Western Civilisation is under threat of being subsumed by the savage hordes blowing in from the east. That we're being outbred and it's either part of some masterplan by islamic fundamentalists to destroy us from within or a catastrophic breakdown of european society from which we'll never recover.

When it's a people that are largely homophobic, transphobic, misogynist and racist, then yes, the democratic instruments of Western Europe getting controlled by them is a disaster.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I'm serious guys. We've found it at last. I know we've had some false alarms in the past but for real this immigrant group is the unassimilable cancer that will destroy western civilisation.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Peel posted:

I'm serious guys. We've found it at last. I know we've had some false alarms in the past but for real this immigrant group is the unassimilable cancer that will destroy western civilisation.

Not western civilization, just Europe.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Sinestro posted:

When it's a people that are largely homophobic, transphobic, misogynist and racist, then yes, the democratic instruments of Western Europe getting controlled by them is a disaster.

Sweeping generalisations ahoy! An entire people, a culture of bigots infiltrating us in a brown tide! I don't think you can write off a religion comprising roughly 2 billion people worldwide and paint them as walking in such homogenous ideological lockstep like this and really expect to get away with it.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

TomViolence posted:

Sweeping generalisations ahoy! An entire people, a culture of bigots infiltrating us in a brown tide! I don't think you can write off a religion comprising roughly 2 billion people worldwide and paint them as walking in such homogenous ideological lockstep like this and really expect to get away with it.

Well, and this is a theme that shows up a lot in this thread, but it's a case where the ones who are willing to adapt to modern culture are the ones who don't actually follow all the tenets of their religion. And it's not every muslim in the world, but the ones who are coming to Europe aren't mostly the enlightened, modern, more progressive ones, they're mostly from the poorest and least developed parts of the poorest countries in the Islamic world.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sinestro posted:

Well, when you know who these people are, have determined their unique intractability among people to adopting the mores of their new home country, and thus proved racism true, we can reopen Bergen-Belsen.

Sinestro posted:

Well, and this is a theme that shows up a lot in this thread, but it's a case where the ones who are willing to adapt to modern culture are the ones who don't actually follow all the tenets of their religion. And it's not every muslim in the world, but the ones who are coming to Europe aren't mostly the enlightened, modern, more progressive ones, they're mostly from the poorest and least developed parts of the poorest countries in the Islamic world.

I like how you imply that you need money to not hate gay people, subtly.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Sinestro posted:

And it's not every muslim in the world, but the ones who are coming to Europe aren't mostly the enlightened, modern, more progressive ones, they're mostly from the poorest and least developed parts of the poorest countries in the Islamic world.

Many of the ones who are coming to europe are fleeing sectarian conflicts and political violence instigated and fought by fundamentalist muslims in said underdeveloped countries. I hardly think they'd be enchanted with the malignant ideologies that drove them from their homes and killed their families in the first place. Generally if you're fleeing from war, famine, pestilence and death, you don't immediately set about reproducing the circumstances that created it before in your new, safe and relatively comfortable home.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Sinestro posted:

Well, and this is a theme that shows up a lot in this thread, but it's a case where the ones who are willing to adapt to modern culture are the ones who don't actually follow all the tenets of their religion.

Even supposing we accept you appointing yourself the judge of true Islam, a position controversial enough when a Muslim claims to occupy it, it's not clear why this is relevant to anything at all.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Effectronica posted:

Well, when you know who these people are, have determined their unique intractability among people to adopting the mores of their new home country, and thus proved racism true, we can reopen Bergen-Belsen.

No, because when you actually ask European muslims now, they are opposed to the values of secularism that are fundamental to European society.

I'll save you the time, and post what I "really" mean: SIEG HEIL DEATH TO THE MOSLEM HORDES, TURN MECCA TO GLASS AND PUT ALL OF THE BROWN FILTH TO DEATH

edit:

TomViolence posted:

Many of the ones who are coming to europe are fleeing sectarian conflicts and political violence instigated and fought by fundamentalist muslims in said underdeveloped countries. I hardly think they'd be enchanted with the malignant ideologies that drove them from their homes and killed their families in the first place. Generally if you're fleeing from war, famine, pestilence and death, you don't immediately set about reproducing the circumstances that created it before in your new, safe and relatively comfortable home.

This sounds good, but they're, for the most part, not fleeing extremist violence against liberal moderates, they're fleeing sectarian violence between extremist groups.

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 13, 2015

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sinestro posted:

No, because when you actually ask European muslims now, they are opposed to the values of secularism that are fundamental to European society.

I'll save you the time, and post what I "really" mean: SIEG HEIL DEATH TO THE MOSLEM HORDES, TURN MECCA TO GLASS AND PUT ALL OF THE BROWN FILTH TO DEATH

It would be nice if you could post what parts of "secularism that are fundamental to European society" they oppose. Are they all theocratic woman-haters, in your mind, or is it uneasiness with laicite, or is this actually just bullshit being used to justify your fear of the Other?

I guess there's also the part where people assume that Europeans are really all left-wing to center, ignoring the right wing.

Sinestro posted:

This sounds good, but they're, for the most part, not fleeing extremist violence against liberal moderates, they're fleeing sectarian violence between extremist groups.

It would also be unconscionable if they were fleeing violence against radical liberals or left-wingers.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sinestro posted:

it's cool how individuals under liberalism have rights regardless of whether they're homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic and/or racist. then again Europe has always had a shaky grip on liberal values, maybe it's time for thr US Army to come impose them again? we might have to throw some bits of eastern and central europe to the Russians again for their assistance, but oh well, that's realism for you

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Effectronica posted:

I guess there's also the part where people assume that Europeans are really all left-wing to center, ignoring the right wing.

The presence of religious conservatives in Europe would cause liberalism to immediately collapse. As liberalism has not yet collapsed, there must be no religious conservatives in Europe.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Sinestro posted:

I think you're sort of missing my point. These are people who seem to actually want to stay alive and not get involved in said extremist shitfights. That they're taking no sides in the conflict and not actively participating in the fighting suggests to me that they don't belong to the belligerent extremist groups doing the fighting or they would likely be staying put.

EDIT: VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Surely the point of secular, liberal society is that people may hold political and religious views you disagree with, right? Supporting sharia law (a civil framework of islamic jurisprudence that is admittedly reactionary but does not necessarily incorporate criminal law) is an entirely legitimate political position, however much we disagree with it.

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 13, 2015

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

Effectronica posted:

It would be nice if you could post what parts of "secularism that are fundamental to European society" they oppose. Are they all theocratic woman-haters, in your mind, or is it uneasiness with laicite, or is this actually just bullshit being used to justify your fear of the Other?

It's mostly the conception of the rule of law that's the issue. Salafi groups are incredibly widespread in the Sunni parts of the middle east, and support for Sharia law is present among French muslims.

edit:

icantfindaname posted:

it's cool how individuals under liberalism have rights regardless of whether they're homophobic, transphobic, misogynistic and/or racist. then again Europe has always had a shaky grip on liberal values, maybe it's time for thr US Army to come impose them again? we might have to throw some bits of eastern and central europe to the Russians again for their assistance, but oh well, that's realism for you

They have rights, they just don't have the right to put their homophobic, transphobic, misogynist, and/or racist views into practice. I'm Jewish, does that mean that it's okay if I join the army and follow Deuteronomy 20:16-18?

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 13, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sinestro posted:

No, because the people from the poorest and least developed parts of the Islamic world do not actually have the funds to afford to move to Europe.

You're looking at 4000€ or more to cross the Mediterranean Sea on an overloaded piece of junk that was meant to have been scrapped 50 years ago (and risk drowning when it inevitably capsizes). Most of the migrants from Muslim countries in Europe are from Turkey (Germany), Algeria, Morocco, and Tunisia (France), India and Pakistan (UK).

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sinestro posted:

It's mostly the conception of the rule of law that's the issue. Salafi groups are incredibly widespread in the Sunni parts of the middle east, and support for Sharia law is present among French muslims.

"Conception of the rule of law" is not an issue of secularism, first of all. Second of all, your second sentence begins with a non-sequitur and concludes with a statement that requires clarification. Do they want Shari'a to replace secular law, coexist with secular law, or do they just want to be able to have Muslim marriages? What degree of coexistence? What is their understanding of Shari'a? Jumping immediately to "French Muslims all are rapists who want to cut people's hands off" is a sign you're a huge racist, and merely implying it just leaves your racism at ordinary size.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

I was talking more about refugees with that, thus the references to Iraq and Syria.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
If anything, loads of refugees from places wrecked by wars, insurgencies, and terrorism lead by Islamist extremists seem like they would be a great boost for the battle against Islamist extermism in Europe, whether they're Muslim, Christian, Yazidi, or whatnot. It's not like the Cubans who escaped Castro brought Communism to our shores. :shrug:

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Sinestro posted:

They have rights, they just don't have the right to put their homophobic, transphobic, misogynist, and/or racist views into practice.

Yes, indeed. So what's the problem?

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

And I love how when someone suggests not letting the leading country for funding fundamentalist Islam fund mosques in Europe they're shut down with "you're just a western totalitarianist" as a response.

This whole thread is full of retards.

Where did I call people here totalitarian? Because unless you can quote me I think you've only succeeded in demonstrating that you don't read good.

Honestly though take comfort in the fact that the only retort presented by the blind religious freedom crowd is intentionally misrepresenting opinions and bland scarecrows.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 13, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sinestro posted:

edit:

They have rights, they just don't have the right to put their homophobic, transphobic, misogynist, and/or racist views into practice. I'm Jewish, does that mean that it's okay if I join the army and follow Deuteronomy 20:16-18?

So far the actual threats to and rollback of liberal values in Europe have been 100% from nativist far-right movements, which makes it hilarious that people keep insisting that the Muslims will begin working to implement Sharia law and no-go zones the instant they set foot on pure white Christian soil, despite basically no examples of this being a thing. Do you think two gunmen in a supermarket are a greater threat to democracy than Jobbik?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Most refugees in Germany are going to Christian churches to try and assimilate into German culture. They buy Dortmund and Bayern poo poo to wear around to show pride in their new home. But you really think they're going to bring Islamic extremism to Europe? Most of you talking don't have the slightest idea what these people are like. They're fleeing to get away from violence and hard times. They're not going to show up in Europe and immediately try to make life difficult for themselves by demanding sharia law or w/e. They just want to live their lives. And the second generation will be raised in Europe and will be westernized just like basically every other second generation Muslim in the west. These fears are based on ignorance, nothing else.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Immortan posted:

Hmm, I think Trump would disagree, those filthy papists.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

This is getting a bit mean so I will spell it out.

Many immigrants to the west from non-western countries hold beliefs not in the mainstream of western liberalism. This is not news, nor is it especially alarming. Many natives of western countries hold beliefs not in the mainstream of western liberalism.

To get from these trivial points to 'we will be destroyed by the [ethnicity] menace' requires 1. stereotyping and exaggeration of the immigrant group (racism), 2. a belief that the immigrant group is inherently different from other humans and cannot become a normalised part of society (racism) and 3. projection of transient demographic trends forward over several decades (stupid bullshit).

These are not new arguments, they are very old, and everyone is well used to swatting them down. This is why people are making fun of them rather than engaging bright-eyed with the nth person to walk into the evolutionary biology thread to talk about what they saw at the Creation Museum.

Peel fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 13, 2015

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Peel posted:

Except with Muslims this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sinestro posted:

It is indeed a problem if racists control the instruments of Western Europe. That's why we need to assume all the Arabs are backwards hicks.

• Locked thread