Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So is the Mom's Contact achievement bugged? I just threw away a really good Azazel run loving up the boss rush to grab my third mom item and nothing unlocked. I've gotten Mom's Underwear, Mom's Heels, and Mom's Eye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Was it a seeded run?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Nope. Just a normal random run.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
*passes up brimstone on a devil deal*

Oh look, ludovico and spoon bender on the same floor. :smith:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sanctum posted:

*passes up brimstone on a devil deal*

I think I found the problem.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Jammin' :cool:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Ariong posted:

I think I found the problem.
What sucks about brimstone is it gets all the awesome synergies, but on its own is boring to use. Mom's knife on its own is at least more involved than holding down a key and firing a big bloodlaser in one of 4 directions. :geno:

Same with azazael, I don't like playing as him.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I reformatted my system a while back, and have lost all of my unlocks. I'm start scummingworking my way back through the game to get up to speed for Afterbirth.

Sanctum posted:

What sucks about brimstone is it gets all the awesome synergies, but on its own is boring to use. Mom's knife on its own is at least more involved than holding down a key and firing a big bloodlaser in one of 4 directions. :geno:

Same with azazael, I don't like playing as him.

Mom's Knife can be a dreadful weapon when combined with other items. Ludovico Technique makes it a true nightmare to use.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

Mom's Knife can be a dreadful weapon when combined with other items. Ludovico Technique makes it a true nightmare to use.

Tiny planet.... :argh:

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Panniculus Rift posted:

Tiny planet.... :argh:

My last three Azreal runs involved grabbing an early Tiny Planet, then grabbing a mystery Devil Deal two floors later and it being the Knife, turning me into the melee Azreal.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Wait a sec.

Carados posted:

melee Azreal.

Wait. Stop that.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
MissingNo rolled me a combination of Sad Bombs, Bobby-Bomb, Tiny Planet, and Death's Head along with a selection of ailment tears. The sad part is, because the bombs home in to the monsters, they wind up in the eye of the spinning storm of scythes and don't get shredded by that DoT. Except Mega Satan, he's big enough that he can't fit inside the safe spot.

Also, I learned that troll bombs created by the Tower card or Anarchist's Cookbook have the same properties as your dropped bombs when you have bomb power-ups.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

IMJack posted:

MissingNo rolled me a combination of Sad Bombs, Bobby-Bomb, Tiny Planet, and Death's Head along with a selection of ailment tears. The sad part is, because the bombs home in to the monsters, they wind up in the eye of the spinning storm of scythes and don't get shredded by that DoT. Except Mega Satan, he's big enough that he can't fit inside the safe spot.

Also, I learned that troll bombs created by the Tower card or Anarchist's Cookbook have the same properties as your dropped bombs when you have bomb power-ups.

Anarchist's Cookbook + sad bombs absolutely demolishes everything instantly and it is always hilarious

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Is there a trick to making Gish spawn on Depths 1, because that is literally the last thing I need for (Real) Platinum God.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

Is there a trick to making Gish spawn on Depths 1, because that is literally the last thing I need for (Real) Platinum God.

The trick is to play for months on end trying to find it, growing steadily more and more frustrated, until you just give up

then you will find it the next time you play

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
That's how I got Meat Boy and 1-Up

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The trick is to get him once, then his lovely item giving rear end will show up every other run

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
At least Little Gish does something, unlike friggin' CHAD. I hate that guy so much.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

legoman727 posted:

At least Little Gish does something, unlike friggin' CHAD. I hate that guy so much.

Little CHAD is good with dark bum and thats it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Gnawed leaf might be my favorite item. Last night, I combined it with the ghost familiar and that powerup that makes your minions bigger and tougher. Mega Satan never had a chance.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Spergminer posted:

Little CHAD is good with dark bum and thats it.

It's good for making sure you'll see Chad as your next boss when you see little chad in an item room and leave it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

LLCoolJD posted:

Gnawed leaf might be my favorite item. Last night, I combined it with the ghost familiar and that powerup that makes your minions bigger and tougher. Mega Satan never had a chance.

Gnawled leaf seems op to me, imo

I merely had gnawed leaf and a permanent familiar that ran around and was invincible so, welp, beat the entire game.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

it's OP if you dont mind spending like 2 hours on a single run.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Doesn't work against Mega Satan, and anything that camps out across a gap Meat Boy can't cross.

When playing with the Pinking Shears I frequently have to get close to some of the more mobile bosses to get the headless Isaac to lock on to them.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I don't like Gnawed Leaf at all, sitting in a room waiting for familiars or whatever to slowly clear the room is the opposite of why I'm playing BOI. My favorite thing about it is the SMB3 reference. Is there something I'm missing?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

I don't like Gnawed Leaf at all, sitting in a room waiting for familiars or whatever to slowly clear the room is the opposite of why I'm playing BOI. My favorite thing about it is the SMB3 reference. Is there something I'm missing?

The Lost utility item.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

This just in - Holy Mantle + Midas Touch shall bring you wealth and glory.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Midas Touch and E.Coli is the true God combo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so tomorrow is the big day right

----------------

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ArfJason posted:

so tomorrow is the big day right

For what? The dlc doesn't come out until October 30th.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ariong posted:

For what? The dlc doesn't come out until October 30th.

the freaking preorder!!! i want to know how big the discount will be he kept making mention of it being considerable

i hope its 50% off

----------------

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The expansion is up for preorder! Costs $10.99 normally. If you have the base game, you get a 39% discount which drops the price down to $6.66.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

ArfJason posted:

the freaking preorder!!! i want to know how big the discount will be he kept making mention of it being considerable

i hope its 50% off

It's 39% off, to unsurprisingly come out to $6.66

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flooded depths. Is that a Host growing out of Isaac's head? And what do you figure the Dice Shard does? D20 in card form?

Mutant Spider + something awesome.

That must be the alt Caves; it looks darker and bloodier than usual. Also Tiny Planet + Mom's Knife + Sad Bombs + Anarchist's Cookbook = lolololol

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
We already have a D6 in card form.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Vincent Van Goat posted:

It's 39% off, to unsurprisingly come out to $6.66

goddamnit oh well i can afford that

----------------

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am like half a dollar off from being able to buy that with money already on my account :sigh:

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
I have no time to play games these days due to grad school, so I had enough wallet funds from selling cards over the past year to preorder it instantly. Steam should release it at 10am PST, I think? So that'll be around 1am Saturday morning my time. Might take a break from studying that weekend and just nerd out.

Semi-excited I guess.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gonna pre-order the DLC as soon as Undertale appears on Steam. Going to be a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Awesome seed with Isaac:

XZD4 F4VM

Got holy mantle, sacrificial dagger, Cricket's head real early. The Mom fight her first stomp crushes a block with the Small Rock underneath it... never seen that before. Had just about every tear status effect possible.

http://imgur.com/PZm9Mo9