Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dogsicle posted:

Apparently my copy was delivered so I can check

e: yeah that's what the menu looks like

How could it be delivered already? Amazon doesn't even have a release date.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Baal posted:

I don't care what the menu looks like. It could be a blank screen that says "Muscle Ghost Anime" and I still would not care because it's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

but then how would you play the episodes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

How could it be delivered already? Amazon doesn't even have a release date.

RightStuf breaks street date if they've got the supply ready. On top of that, I live in the same state as them so I tend to get my stuff even sooner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

but then how would you play the episodes

With my stand, duh

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Kabanaw posted:

I'm kind of amazed that people give a poo poo about the quality of DVD menus in the year 2015

lol do you really think it's that silly for people to put a modicum of effort into a product?

At least slap a loving wallpaper in there, Christ

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
At this point I'd rather wait for the blurays, not going to bother importing something like that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

lol do you really think it's that silly for people to put a modicum of effort into a product?

Yes, that is why the dub and subtitles are good. Do you actually believe no one put effort into this western release because the DVD menu is bare bones?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

Yes, that is why the dub and subtitles are good. Do you actually believe no one put effort into this western release because the DVD menu is bare bones?

I'm not talking about the quality of the material, but it was someone's job to make that menu and they didn't actually do their job

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean there is a menu so clearly they did.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

I mean there is a menu so clearly they did.

It's like a default setting on home DVD makers someone clicked a button

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah and?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This actually makes me wonder if there is a thread in CineD Or TVIV where people complain about the menus of DVDs, because I would like to see some other mediocre ones. I know no one comments on this in the Blu-Rei thread here

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

It's like a default setting on home DVD makers someone clicked a button

The menu maker probably got laid off. Times are hard for the anime industry here in America, too, and quality suffers.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

This actually makes me wonder if there is a thread in CineD Or TVIV where people complain about the menus of DVDs, because I would like to see some other mediocre ones. I know no one comments on this in the Blu-Rei thread here

I don't mind a low effort DVD menu because I have seen ones that try to get real cutesy and it sucks. It's not nice on the eyes but it's practical and it's not something you're gonna look at very often.

I remember the early Simpsons DVDs had animations that played each time you chose a menu option and it's neat the first time but when you realize that you had to wait for the 10-15 second animation to finish every single time you selected something....

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

With my stand, duh

pfft yeah alright abbachio

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel mostly the same, but DVD menus have never registered to me as anything more than "okay yeah that's there" except when I was a kid and saw the Shrek 2 DVD and it blew my mind that it could do that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My biggest issue is just that I don't like the art they picked for the menu or the cover.

Otherwise, if it's functional, whatever.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

My biggest issue is just that I don't like the art they picked for the menu or the cover.

Otherwise, if it's functional, whatever.

Yeah I mean of course, it's just kind of ridiculous that it's *so* low effort.

If there's stock somewhere I wonder if that means Amazon will get a date soon? I want to re-watch. :3

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm mostly concerned that they haven't really advertised it much outside of cons, but I'm sure it'll be on Toonami or something so whatevs. I think Amazon's had a release date for a while now, September 30th, I think?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I cant wait to walk past hot topic and see a couple gaudy jojo t-shirts

all will be as it shoudl be

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I'm not talking about the quality of the material, but it was someone's job to make that menu and they didn't actually do their job

Yeah, just throw a splash background with a character on there, and make the episode icon like a mask or the Stone of Aja or whatever, and I'm happy. Elaborate menus with animations are stupid, but just trying a little bit makes me feel a lot better about the product I bought, especially given I can just watch it whenever on the 'roll.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Baal posted:

I'm mostly concerned that they haven't really advertised it much outside of cons, but I'm sure it'll be on Toonami or something so whatevs. I think Amazon's had a release date for a while now, September 30th, I think?

Really? Mine keeps saying they'll send me an e-mail when it's released. I had heard people say Sept 30 but I wasn't holding my breath.

FirstAidKite posted:

Awww, but it'll be nice to have more fans! and make merch cheaper

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It's actually really common these days for home releases to have increasingly low-effort menus, I have the Mad Max collection blurays and even though the quality of the actual films are fantastic the menus are exactly the same

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ascalapha odorata posted:

Really? Mine keeps saying they'll send me an e-mail when it's released. I had heard people say Sept 30 but I wasn't holding my breath.

That's supposed to be the street date, yeah.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

A bit late, but True Man's World is one of my least favorite chapters and Ringo is an rear end in a top hat.

This is not the wrongest Jojo opinion, is it? :ohdear:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been thinking this since I first read stardust crusaders in middle school tbh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will buy every Jojo t-shirt.

Viz, please hire this poor graphic design student to make your Jojo t-shirts/

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stink Terios posted:

A bit late, but True Man's World is one of my least favorite chapters and Ringo is an rear end in a top hat.

you're the poopiest butthole

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Stink Terios posted:

literally irredeemable

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I liked everyone and everything about Steel Ball Run. It's by far my favorite part. Okay, Part 4 is the best too, they are best together.

Lucy got the best moment though. By killing Dio

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Killing Blackmore was pretty great, too. Even if he didn't die immediately.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RIP Gaucho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Stink Terios posted:

Look at this goddamn conformist.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I will buy every Jojo t-shirt.

Viz, please hire this poor graphic design student to make your Jojo t-shirts/

I've purchased obscene levels of Jojo items via redbubble, so... fyi

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ascalapha odorata posted:

I've purchased obscene levels of Jojo items via redbubble, so... fyi

there's a speedwagon shirt i want off there, but i'm worried about print quality...

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ha, I have several shirts that have held up well, and I'm too lazy to line dry like it says so I throw them in the dryer on low.

Their items are definitely a smidge overpriced but I've never once gotten something and thought the quality was bad or whatever. Not like blown away quality of course, but better than I'd initially expected.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dust-bite this artist draws josuke in a way that I like so I have lots of things from them, which is why i can also vouch for the phone cases being nice (albeit overpriced, like i said).

Prints are decent from there, too and I like their journals. Sorry for the redbubble shill but there are lots of great JoJo fan artists on there worth supporting if you feel so inclined! Also yes of course buy official stuff, too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eyes of Heaven comes out in Japan on the 17th of December.
Okuyasu, Rohan and Kosaku Kawajiri Kira were confirmed.
The Okuyasu model looks off to me.

Part 4 outfit Jotaro (who may have different abilities) was confirmed as day 1 edition DLC.

Comparison video between the PS3 and PS4 versions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLS28BCEalY

The PS3 version barely looks worse, really.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 14, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want a "Is this the work of an enemy's Stand!?" t-shirt.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
As much as I love Part IV, announce some new characters from Parts V - VIII, dammit. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They actually announced some Part V chars a while ago iirc