Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
Applied to Fleet Enemas as Garr Sprinkl. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Shalala Shambala wants an Enema or something?

DasHangman
Feb 27, 2011

I'm the captain of the gravy train!
Applied to Fleet Enemas as Kellan Tam.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Ok. Enema is full. But we need to purge.

Can someone make a spreadsheet? I'll purge after work.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I'm Rastor / Rastora Steele. I invited RedHerring/Tibberus Farlo, Mangol/Marc Marksmen, and ianinak/Lofthaena MacLeod. Which, I feel bad about inviting so many friends now that we've run out of slots. :(

Who runs That's No Goon, is that the iOS goons?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Has anyone here played Galaxy Trucker with local multiplayer? I'm trying to convince my wife to buy it so we can play together, but if it's no good, then I won't bother. And yes, I realize a bunch of goons on here don't like the game and I don't care.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I know y'all have mostly moved on to the Star Wars game, but my town of buttchug (I know, I know) has openings for 6 people. Let me know if you'd like an invite. The two of us in there are pretty keen and like to invest in the city often.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone play Dungeon Boss? Despite its very generic name and app store icon, its actually a lot of fun. The cash shop is not terrible either and you get a lot of the currency from just playing.

I have no idea which summons to use either. I keep unlocking some pretty cool ones but I'm so comfortable with the team I've been rolling with that I'm almost afraid to experiment. I guess that's dumb.

Anyway, add me as symon14 if you want me to use your summons.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Droid Washington posted:

Anyone play Dungeon Boss? Despite its very generic name and app store icon, its actually a lot of fun. The cash shop is not terrible either and you get a lot of the currency from just playing.

I have no idea which summons to use either. I keep unlocking some pretty cool ones but I'm so comfortable with the team I've been rolling with that I'm almost afraid to experiment. I guess that's dumb.

Anyway, add me as symon14 if you want me to use your summons.

Go jump onto the ios thread. It is pretty much dominated by the game currently. You can fill list real quick.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has anyone here played Galaxy Trucker with local multiplayer? I'm trying to convince my wife to buy it so we can play together, but if it's no good, then I won't bother. And yes, I realize a bunch of goons on here don't like the game and I don't care.

My SO and I played it for 6 hours on a bus the day we downloaded it, and then uninstalled it because that level of time sink is dangerous.

It's definitely a different experience (with the ship construction portion not being simultaneous) than the physical version but it's really fun, and I'd recommend it if you've got a long trip or the like, but not necessarily just for sitting at home.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm Sulla Bactri in enema. Hope I survive the coming purge.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Kind of surprised Shop Heroes just made the game a lot less P2W, was kind of expecting the opposite.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Deki posted:

Kind of surprised Shop Heroes just made the game a lot less P2W, was kind of expecting the opposite.

How did they do that?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I just finished Hitman GO. I wish it somehow had infinite content because it was really fun. Guess I'll be getting Tomb Raider GO soon.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Shwqa posted:

How did they do that?

They added daily crafting quests that give you blueprints. Multiple blueprints can be turned in to buy recipes that normally only come from chests.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Eej posted:

They added daily crafting quests that give you blueprints. Multiple blueprints can be turned in to buy recipes that normally only come from chests.

Though from a sample size of two sets, the blueprints so far are all fairly early level stuff (ones you could draw from plain chests).

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eej posted:

They also stealth nerfed the T2 class pack items, they used to be obscenely good money for the early levels you could make/sell them.

delfin posted:

Though from a sample size of two sets, the blueprints so far are all fairly early level stuff (ones you could draw from plain chests).

You have to work your way up through the early chests, which sucks if you've been playing the game awhile, but is pretty decent if you're a brand new player.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Has anyone figured out a reasonable way of earning credits in the star wars? I'm perpetually broke and having the credits mission be a daily and only give 1k is bull.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Mecharasputin posted:

Has anyone figured out a reasonable way of earning credits in the star wars? I'm perpetually broke and having the credits mission be a daily and only give 1k is bull.

Well, if you've got the premium currency the daily promo is a big load of credits in exchange for it.

Also, always be sending crew out on missions.

Once you qualify to participate in sector battles and sector battle opportunities, those pay credits.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Is there any reason to hoard requisition scrip in Uprising?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Mecharasputin posted:

I think there is a credit mission on each planet you unlock.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Is star wars uprising any good?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Segmentation Fault posted:

No but it is the current goon thing that will be over in 2 weeks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Speaking of goon things over in two weeks, if anyone's needing a Shop Heroes town, Otisburg has a slot open.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

It's alright. It's a transparent skinner box with decent Star Wars graphics.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The flavor of the week from a few weeks ago, Gems of War, is still going strong and fun. :colbert:

Also Dungeon Boss is fun but is straight up Pocket Knights with less obtuse systems.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

delfin posted:

Speaking of goon things over in two weeks, if anyone's needing a Shop Heroes town, Otisburg has a slot open.

I just joined a random town this morning but if you have a spot tomorrow I'll take it.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Card King Dragon Wars is really, really fun. Ignore the ratings, the login issue has been fixed. It's basically Hearthstone-light, with lots of fun mechanics. And either I'm really lucky, or the premium pulls are really generous. I've got several 5* monsters and haven't spent a dime.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cardking.dw_iap

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

DrBox posted:

Loving Poker Heroes so far. It's basically puzzle and dragons without the annoying anime asthetic, and poker instead of bejeweled. Probably not as deep gameplay wise in the long run, but scratching that itch for now. They got back to me right away about a bug I commented on which was nice so I bought the starter pack to support them.

I've gotten steadily less tolerant of gashapon games after my initial obsession with PAD, so I was surprised that Poker Heroes is so, well, refreshing. I don't know if they intended this, but some parts of the game feel like they are an acknowledgement of "yes, this is a bullshit RNG game, wink wink". I loved the complex puzzling of some gashapon games for a long time, but eventually I became tired of expending the :effort: to create a wombo-combo every turn, only to be rewarded with a trash drop for the 15th time in a row.

True, the basic poker-hand-building and bankroll-management gameplay of PH probably isn't as deep as some other games, but I'm OK with that. There are still strategic decisions to be made, but you don't have to fret as much over things like optimality or "will I fat-finger this double-turnback L2T crossfire undercut-kickback" (this is an actual maneuver in Terra Battle (really)). I've also only cleared up to the end of mission 10 so far, with a single starter deck that I keep adding new heroes to Frankenstein-style, so as I expand my roster and create more specialized decks, I'm curious if a little more strategic depth will open up.

I think my favorite feature of the game though, is Raid mode, which is the greatest feature of a gacha game ever created. It lets you farm a level without actually having to play the level! Yeah, it costs more energy to do it, but it's so refreshing to not have to waste my real-life time grinding an early game level for trash feeder monsters.

p.s. imo trading "anime" aesthetic for "generic c-grade g.i. joe" aesthetic isn't much of an upgrade :P

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Is rerolling in PH recommended? I rerolled a few times and couldn't get anything above 4*. Are the 5* good?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've gotten steadily less tolerant of gashapon games after my initial obsession with PAD, so I was surprised that Poker Heroes is so, well, refreshing. I don't know if they intended this, but some parts of the game feel like they are an acknowledgement of "yes, this is a bullshit RNG game, wink wink". I loved the complex puzzling of some gashapon games for a long time, but eventually I became tired of expending the :effort: to create a wombo-combo every turn, only to be rewarded with a trash drop for the 15th time in a row.

True, the basic poker-hand-building and bankroll-management gameplay of PH probably isn't as deep as some other games, but I'm OK with that. There are still strategic decisions to be made, but you don't have to fret as much over things like optimality or "will I fat-finger this double-turnback L2T crossfire undercut-kickback" (this is an actual maneuver in Terra Battle (really)). I've also only cleared up to the end of mission 10 so far, with a single starter deck that I keep adding new heroes to Frankenstein-style, so as I expand my roster and create more specialized decks, I'm curious if a little more strategic depth will open up.

I think my favorite feature of the game though, is Raid mode, which is the greatest feature of a gacha game ever created. It lets you farm a level without actually having to play the level! Yeah, it costs more energy to do it, but it's so refreshing to not have to waste my real-life time grinding an early game level for trash feeder monsters.

p.s. imo trading "anime" aesthetic for "generic c-grade g.i. joe" aesthetic isn't much of an upgrade :P

That raid mechanic is just a slight variation of the way Heroes' Charge and its ilk do it. Most of them give you tickets of some type to instant-clear levels, but it costs the normal amount of stamina. I'm not a huge fan of the extra cost to raid combined with a failure chance, something even the grindiest F2P games don't do.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Echophonic posted:

That raid mechanic is just a slight variation of the way Heroes' Charge and its ilk do it. Most of them give you tickets of some type to instant-clear levels, but it costs the normal amount of stamina. I'm not a huge fan of the extra cost to raid combined with a failure chance, something even the grindiest F2P games don't do.

Completing the mission normally upgrades the success chance by 5% every time, it's pretty trivial to get it up to 100%

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Speaking of Heroes Charge, Dungeon Boss just seems like a more refined version of it. So it's fun so far. Turn based instead of real time combat. So your heroes have abilities with cooldowns. There's no star ratings in dungeons and you can auto (attack only) from the end of the tutorial. It's actually pretty decent, but as usual who knows how long it holds up.

Haven't gotten to the create your own dungeon part quite yet but looks like you can do that off the initial energy pretty easily. I also burned 300 of the free gems on a summon for the hell of it and to finish the daily quest for using gems. Got a 3* light healer monk hero who does great damage for me. I've got him set if anyone wants to add me as a friend (DemonMage shockingly). Doesn't seem there's a guild system?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Upcoming Star Wars CCG Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes seems to have been soft launched in a few regions (SE Asia, Australia from what I can gather).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how many goon towns are there anyway? it's so confusing.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

mrkillboy posted:

Upcoming Star Wars CCG Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes seems to have been soft launched in a few regions (SE Asia, Australia from what I can gather).

Wow, another Star Wars, is Disney just farming out licenses in hopes that one of these games will hit it big? Sadly this game is being made by EA which means it'll probably be a half rear end game with a ridiculous pay wall. Could be wrong, if anybody has access to game I'd like to hear opinions about it other than "This game is fux" in google play store.

Star Wars: Uprising is starting to become a little frustrating, it seems I'm stuck at 3 star gear (1100 rating) because I can't find the proper crystals or enough credits to upgrade. I wish I knew more about the end game, I'm tempted to use Chromium to get better gear, but I wonder how much I'll need it. Will spending chromium later on allow for better chances of getting +5 star gear as a level 40? Or will it be the same as a level 24 character?

The sector battle was an interesting concept. I got about 40000 credits for doing the missions and selling excessive desh scraps. I didn't get a chance to spend as much time as I wanted due to work and sleep, so the start of the battle was poor timing for me. The rewards is obviously crap, basically no rewards unless you farm the poo poo out the missions all day and get ranked within the top 75 people or so. You're pitted against everybody in the entire game, so you know the whales and people who've been playing a month before official launch are going to be the top ranked people for quite some time. So it's extremely discouraging to give 0 rewards for people putting a modest effort into the game.

Another frustration is leveling my character (100 hp, 10 energy per level), but my armor stagnates. The problem with this that the crew runs scale with your level. So I'm approaching 4 star missions that has only 33% success rate because I am unable to upgrade them if I can't upgrade my 3 star gear due not having enough credits or crystals. How can I find crystals if I can't even do the loving crew runs since now it seems I can't run nearly as many since I'm getting 3 star and 4 star missions? I'm just going to have to do the 5 daily assault missions, and the 1 or 2 credit missions a day until I find the proper materials. BUT, if I run the daily missions, that means I'll be forced to run level up my character and which forces my crew run missions to churn out 4 star missions which is effectively unplayable for not having a high enough leveled crew members. So it looks like I'll be stuck for a while doing this.

EDIT: What's with the IP-FRE-LY droid in the Longstar Marketplace, is that a bad attempt of a reference to The Simpsons?

EDIT 2: I just got a 4 star piece of a gear for doing 1 of the cartel daily assault missions as level 25 character, so I guess gear drops scale up as you level.

ijii fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 15, 2015

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ijii posted:

EDIT: What's with the IP-FRE-LY droid in the Longstar Marketplace, is that a bad attempt of a reference to The Simpsons?

That's our Cartel droid.

And I agree with what you said, especially about the character leveling. It's counter-intuitive, but you want to stay as low a level as possible, with gear as high as possible. It's pretty much designed to make you spend chromium on trying to get good gear drops from spinning the wheel so you're fulling kitted out for any given level.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Uprising seems like poo, not sure if Poker heroes or Dungeon boss is the way to go.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tired Moritz posted:

how many goon towns are there anyway? it's so confusing.

Assuming that you mean Shop Heroes, there is a spreadsheet listing various towns here, which I don't know if anyone has been updating since it was last posted many pages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

EzEight posted:

Is rerolling in PH recommended? I rerolled a few times and couldn't get anything above 4*. Are the 5* good?

I've wondered this as well