Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zinjnok posted:

e:Some of these endurance races are crazy. 82 laps at Sebring in the rain... in P class. At least with mods I'll be getting 750k experience.

son of a bitch. this post just made me buy the game.

I was convinced i was going to pass for a while, so now i've got to sit here while it's downloading with hands full of controllers pumping up my car count in the horizon games.

it would only be 3 buttons on each if "B" let you leave the "exit autoshow" screen in horizon 2, so now the left hand is " B wait Y A A" while the right is "R1 R1 mash A down A" repeated.

Forza 5 i gave up on early, so probably only have like 50 cars there. no chance for the 5 mil on that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

Unfortunately no, they're gone again.

e:Some of these endurance races are crazy. 82 laps at Sebring in the rain... in P class. At least with mods I'll be getting 750k experience.

I did the Nurburgring 125 earlier today and I'm now 4 laps from finishing the Le Mans 250. Wish there was a BMW option for it so I could max out my affinity today. Ah well, it's going to Peugoet.

I think I'll wait til next weekend to do Sebring.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

geeves posted:

I did the Nurburgring 125 earlier today and I'm now 4 laps from finishing the Le Mans 250. Wish there was a BMW option for it so I could max out my affinity today. Ah well, it's going to Peugoet.

I think I'll wait til next weekend to do Sebring.

It gave me 22 levels, basically $1M credits, and took Peugeot from 0 to 25 affinity. This is so much better than the normal career.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zinjnok posted:

It gave me 22 levels, basically $1M credits, and took Peugeot from 0 to 25 affinity. This is so much better than the normal career.
where is this, in the showcase events? Like I went in the endurance section earlier today and massively failed the 5 laps of wet spa, I didn't notice a loving 82 lap sebring race :am:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zinjnok posted:

Yeah, i remember in forza 5 it was all 3 lap races and a bajillion loading screens between races, it was painful to make a little bit of progress.

expecially in the beginning without VIP, the races paid like 2500 credits and gently caress all XP.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

ethanol posted:

where is this, in the showcase events? Like I went in the endurance section earlier today and massively failed the 5 laps of wet spa, I didn't notice a loving 82 lap sebring race :am:

Yep, its in showcase events.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Can you use Mods for the endurance races? Because you could easily make a shitload more money by using money boosts (or XP with XP boost mods).

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Can you use Mods for the endurance races? Because you could easily make a shitload more money by using money boosts (or XP with XP boost mods).

You can, and that's what I did. I had two 100% XP boosts and start in 24th for a 60% credit boost.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Powershift posted:

son of a bitch. this post just made me buy the game.

I was convinced i was going to pass for a while, so now i've got to sit here while it's downloading with hands full of controllers pumping up my car count in the horizon games.

it would only be 3 buttons on each if "B" let you leave the "exit autoshow" screen in horizon 2, so now the left hand is " B wait Y A A" while the right is "R1 R1 mash A down A" repeated.

Forza 5 i gave up on early, so probably only have like 50 cars there. no chance for the 5 mil on that one

Good luck with the car buying. I had over 300 in my Forza 4 garage, but only got credit for having 100ish.

Forza 6 will check your reward status the first time you start it and the reward servers only update once per day, so anything you're buying today won't count unless you wait until sometime tomorrow to launch F6. You can check all of your cars owned stats on the FM rewards website by going into Friends Compare and clicking through the menus there.

And someone asked on the last page about the File icon on the leaderboards. If that icon is a full circle you can download the tune they used to set that lap.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BCRock posted:

Good luck with the car buying. I had over 300 in my Forza 4 garage, but only got credit for having 100ish.

Forza 6 will check your reward status the first time you start it and the reward servers only update once per day, so anything you're buying today won't count unless you wait until sometime tomorrow to launch F6. You can check all of your cars owned stats on the FM rewards website by going into Friends Compare and clicking through the menus there.

And someone asked on the last page about the File icon on the leaderboards. If that icon is a full circle you can download the tune they used to set that lap.

a lot of people who had 300 cars for ages didn't get credit for them. i'm assuming turn 10 will make it right at some point.

I did only get 5.3 million, even though i've had 300 cars in my forza 3 and 4 garages for years. If it doesn't show up in a day or so(it won't) i'll file a support ticket.

it was only 45 minutes to pump up both horizon and horizon 2 to 300 cars, so if i don't get it no big loss, but i'll try my damnedest to.

I hate how the first hour of forza games seem to assume you've never played another racing game in your life.

edit: a lot of folks also didn't get the ford GT for finishing the demo. luckily i did get that.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 13, 2015

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I g ot the GT about 8 hours after the game unlocked.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
My Ford GT showed up but I didn't get the achievement for owning it. Guess you have to buy it separately for that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The economy in the game seems a lot more fair. Even without VIP, you can win a race, and buy a car, or buy 3 upgrades for your car.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think I found a new car for Goon racing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1FM2d5Ync

Perhaps for some unannounced DLC on the way.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

The economy in the game seems a lot more fair. Even without VIP, you can win a race, and buy a car, or buy 3 upgrades for your car.

Just playing career mode for a few days and now the showcase endurance events, I have bought 3 cars needed for career and my garage already has about 20 others from the level spins. I'm sitting on ~8million and now can look for interesting cars to mod and paint and for free getting the F1 Lotus, Ferrari 250gt, etc. I think Turn 10 learned a bit from FH2 and brought some bits over from that game.

And of course there are people on the Forza forums complaining about the spins and getting free credits or cars (you don't have to take the spin!). Some people are the worst.

And because I'm a masochist, I just did the Atlanta 100. That's 3 endurance races in one day.

L_Harrison posted:

I think I found a new car for Goon racing:

Whoa whoa whoa. There's a limo?

geeves fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 14, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

And of course there are people on the Forza forums complaining about the spins and getting free credits or cars (you don't have to take the spin!). Some people are the worst.

people complaining about anything other than the lack of maple valley and camino are morons

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cubey posted:

people complaining about anything other than the lack of maple valley and camino are morons

Are these in F4? I think I bought F4 at some point, but never got around to playing it for various reasons.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I swear the menu music is straight out of a Nolan Batman movie.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I absolutely love the amount of free cars for spins. I've already won about 3 mil credits and some sweet cars that I actually like. You actually land on jackpot a fait amount. It helps since so many cars are over a mil in the store. Seemed like i never got any real good jackpots in fh2. Waiting for the day I win the 250 tr.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
2:01.014 on Bernese Alps full. A Class -- race brakes, max weight reduction, anti roll bars, race springs, race diff, and stock tires. I did turn in a dirty 2:00.444 a few laps after the record time. I am so close to breaking sub-2 min.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ethanol posted:

I absolutely love the amount of free cars for spins. I've already won about 3 mil credits and some sweet cars that I actually like. You actually land on jackpot a fait amount. It helps since so many cars are over a mil in the store. Seemed like i never got any real good jackpots in fh2. Waiting for the day I win the 250 tr.

of my first 4 spins, 2 were jackpots at 1 mil and a 1.5 mil audi T18 e-tron.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Biggest spin I had was for the Veyron, which I promptly sold for 550,000 credits.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

Are these in F4? I think I bought F4 at some point, but never got around to playing it for various reasons.

Yeah, they are. They're adding Forza 4 to the backwards-compatibility list for Xbone later this year, so once they do, give those tracks a shot. They rule.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

GutBomb posted:

Designed by the same guy. Yas Marina too.

Actually this isn't true. Herman Tilke's company did the buildings and facilities, but the track layout was Tavo Hellmund and Kevin Schwantz.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Also part of why COTA feels like Hockenheim is because they took Hock's only remaining interesting turn complex and threw it in COTA because modern track designers have absolutely no imagination.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Very technical tracks like Yas Marina are an absolute drag.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
I'm really loving the showcase events, particularly the Moments in Motorsport. Eager to crank out some endurance races! How long are they taking you guys?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Leather Bear posted:

Very technical tracks like Yas Marina are an absolute drag.

Most tracks made post-1980 or so are an absolute drag. Catlunya is OK I guess but I don't particularly love it or anything, Nurb GP is fine, but other than that I just wholesale dislike modern track design.

The worst without question is Twin Ring Motegi and I am ever grateful that we have purged that shithole from Forza.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Err, can you only use the rewind a certain number of times in a race? Halfway through an enduro and it stopped working.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im trying out the nurburgring 125, it seems like the drivatars are harder in showcase events. kicking my rear end on pro

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

im trying out the nurburgring 125, it seems like the drivatars are harder in showcase events. kicking my rear end on pro

That's the one I'm doing now. Once I got past the crowd I'm leaving them behind pretty quick.

EDIT: The only Jackpot I've EVER won was for the BT24 which...I'm cool with.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

two_beer_bishes posted:

I'm really loving the showcase events, particularly the Moments in Motorsport. Eager to crank out some endurance races! How long are they taking you guys?

Sebring took me just under 3 hours.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

Sebring took me just under 3 hours.

Thanks!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Err, can you only use the rewind a certain number of times in a race? Halfway through an enduro and it stopped working.

You can't rewind if AI are in the pits

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

Really? I didn't see unbeatables again after I got past Adenauer Forest on lap one.... UNTIL I loving RAN OUT OF GAS ON LAP 5 because the gas gauge is just an unmarked white line that looks like it's part of the throttle/brake telemetry or something :argh:

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Speaking of real life videos, finally found a sound clip of my car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjsl1IXA3Xo&t=2s

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Leather Bear posted:

2:01.014 on Bernese Alps full. A Class -- race brakes, max weight reduction, anti roll bars, race springs, race diff, and stock tires. I did turn in a dirty 2:00.444 a few laps after the record time. I am so close to breaking sub-2 min.

Try upgrading your tire compound one notch. Decrease your weight reduction to make space for the PI necessary. If youve still got a few points to make up, I'd upgrade exhaust or valves, and if you need 1 point do Driveline.

I find With A class it's usually best to upgrade tires a bit.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Comrade Flynn posted:

It stopped working for me around the start/finish line on lap 3 I think on the Nurdburg 125, but then it started working again, however it no longer "rewinds" it just goes to loading screen and comes back with you a little farther back.

Also, I didn't turn on realistic tire and fuel for the race yet the AI still pits as if it's on...

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Try upgrading your tire compound one notch. Decrease your weight reduction to make space for the PI necessary. If youve still got a few points to make up, I'd upgrade exhaust or valves, and if you need 1 point do Driveline.

I find With A class it's usually best to upgrade tires a bit.

Avoiding tire upgrade. Gonna give it another go with some tuning options. There's definitely time to lose on the first corner after the tunnel.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It stopped working for me around the start/finish line on lap 3 I think on the Nurdburg 125, but then it started working again, however it no longer "rewinds" it just goes to loading screen and comes back with you a little farther back.

The rewind buffer (same buffer used for replays) is only 30 minutes. It's been the same in all the old ones too, rewind stops animating after 30 mins and it won't operate at all if ai is in the pits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

It's really broken. As the race goes on, it gets worse.

1) At first it's normal.
2) Then it doesn't "rewind" it just screen blanks and puts you back at a point.

Then one of two (or both) things happen

3) You've rewinded and you're at a different camera view / angle
4) You've rewinded nearly 3/4s of a lap (this happened to be at Road Atlanta 100)

Or

5) Rewind is not available at some points but returns if you make another error.
6) Rewind puts your literally 1 second before your error.

• Locked thread