Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Plus a sword cane that rattles around in its scabbard is scrub-tier poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

ibntumart posted:

And let's not forget this oldie but goodiedumb Dr. Who cosplay STDH:

TLDR: I let an incapacitated woman be taken away from a bar by a weird man she didn't know.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

hyperhazard posted:

TLDR: I let an incapacitated woman be taken away from a bar by a weird man she didn't know, who just committed assault, battery, and is quite clearly mentally unstable, but at least he barely paid for his own drinks (lol at :30bux: covering the bar tab of multiple wasted people)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

If this is med school no, people were not yelling at the sight of tits.
If this was high school, no, the teacher did not have access to random human parts.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Non Serviam posted:

If this was high school, no, the teacher did not have access to random human parts.

P much. I also find it unlikely even teenage boys would hoot while watching breasts be sliced open

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

P much. I also find it unlikely even teenage boys would hoot while watching breasts be sliced open

I was pretty bad at that time of my life, and I would have just cringed at that.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I frequently see my patients in public, and I'l chat to them and their carers.

Granted, my patients are cats and dogs.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Roro posted:

That kind of behavior is for the birds :argh:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Roro posted:

We were talking about romantic relationships.

Oh...:aaaaa:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Samizdata posted:

We were talking about romantic relationships.

Oh...:aaaaa:

I do love my patients, but that love does not cross the species barrier. Sorry, curries!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's totally cool for doctors to date their patients. Just make sure you don't deliberately almost kill the patient/lover to get them moved up a donor list because then they might die anyway and then their ghost might haunt you in a series of hallucinations and it just turns into a whole thing...

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Non Serviam posted:

A while back, I had to do some QC work on an anatomy website for medical students. It was basically a bunch of videos of human cadaver dissection. Fun stuff. Part of the data I had was a list of search terms that people had typed into the site. You wouldn't believe the number of times people searched for BOOB, BOOBIES, TITS, COCK, DICK, etc.

Not that I think that BS story happened.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
doctor, i don't mind that you slept with a patient. i do it all the time

but barry, you're a vet

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Roro posted:

I do love my patients, but that love does not cross the species barrier. Sorry, curries!

WHEW! I was hoping so...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Roro posted:

"Ahhh Mr. Barkinson, how's the irritation in your anus?"
*horrified dog stare*

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
There is literally nothing wrong with having a relationship with a human patient, provided the person is no longer a patient of the hospital.

No, it's not weird to see some a former patient outside of work and ask them how they're doing. Goons, I swear...

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

davidspackage posted:

"Ahhh Mr. Barkinson, how's the irritation in your anus?"
*horrified dog stare*

:staredog:: Stop trying to change the subject, you rear end in a top hat. Where the gently caress did you put my balls?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Extry Extry Read All About It
Jack the Ripper reappears in the 21st century

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

http://imgur.com/gallery/NrDkI

How many posts until someone chimes in with "well you see this may actually be true because customers are bad and furthermore"

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Not bad, just dumb - diet water could be expecting some brand of bottled water marketed toward dieters, and uncooking the steak could just be a drunk idiot. x-medium on the other hand, :iiam:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Verisimilidude posted:

How many posts until someone chimes in with "well you see this may actually be true because customers are bad and furthermore"

It never fails to impress me how many of the Terrible Customers are obviously women, usually large. So all the commenters on Imgur/Reddit, the natural habitat of the STDH.txt, can vent about FUCKEN CRAZY BITCHES and GODDAMN ENTITLED CUNTS to their heart's content. Usually they'd at least make them [An Ethnicity] as well.

These are all the literal worst. Even as jokes.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Verisimilidude posted:

Of course, the comments are filled with jackasses trying to one-up each other with how bad they have been treated as either customer or worker. Nobody is even arguing with the op because they all totally had it even worse at their old job.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

EZipperelli posted:

No, it's not weird to see some a former patient outside of work and ask them how they're doing. Goons, I swear...

I work in psychiatry. It is literally in the rules that you do not address the patient (current or former) in public unless the patient addresses you first. They have a right to privacy and to avoid talking to me if they choose to do so, and they may want to avoid an awkward "so how do you know each other" conversation. If they approach me, I'm usually happy to chat. They should have control over whether they have contact, not me. We tell them about this from the beginning so they don't think we're snubbing them in public.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
PYF poo poo That Didn't Happen: You're not even grounded :)

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I think there's a difference between a mental health provider and a nurse at the ER in terms of private relations though.
Then again, who cares. Stdh

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Kotaku STDH:

quote:

So maybe 10 years ago, my best friends, my brother, and myself all got into Warcraft 3. Well, my brother wanted the battle chest for it, so my dad and my brother and I went to good ol’ Walmart to get it.

Go back to electronics, find it, pay for it back there, get receipt but no bag as it was too big.

As we head for the exit, the greeter person sees my little brother holding the battle chest and starts screaming at him that he stole it, while my dad is right there. He calmly shows her the receipt that shows it is paid for, but she will not listen and threatens to get her manager.

Meanwhile, my 10 year old brother is almost in tears because this random lady has been screaming at him in public.

Manager comes over, sees the receipt, tells us we can go, and gives the greeter a hard look and tells her to come to the office.

quote:

The last year I went to Comic-con, I had gone to a little press event thing where Bioware was demonstrating a preview build for Dragon Age 2, where I bought a Mass Effect N7 hoodie.

Some time after coming home from the con, I wore this hoodie to Gamestop, and a few of the clerks said “hey, cool” and that was that. One clerk, though, just would not let it go.

He asked me where I got it, and I told him about Comic-Con, but that Bioware sells these hoodies on their website. He asked if I would sell him the one I’m currently wearing. I told him “no thank you,” but he continued to belabor the point. While processing my preorder for something, he asked me three more times if I would sell it to him.

Not only that, but this guy remembered me. I decided to never wear that hoodie to the Gamestop again, but this guy remembered my face. The other two times I showed up at that store, he asked again, and even started getting more pushy with it.

And to top it all off, turns out this guy went to the same college as me, and he saw me at school one day wearing the hoodie and once again ASKED ME TO SELL IT TO HIM. At this time, I was getting really tired of telling him “go to the website” or “leave me alone,” so I just ignored him and walked away. I’ve never gone back to that Gamestop since then, and thankfully I never saw him at school after that.

quote:

(via Keil)

My friends and I would often go to Gamestop together to pick up pre-ordered games. I decided not to pre-order GTA 4, lying to myself that I could wait for the price to come down or for a used copy. Still, I went with my friends who did pre order it after work.

We were in Alaska so by lunch I had seen video posted from East Coast players and knew it was worth buying immediately (nobody posted about the loving cousin yet).

Despite not having a preorder I figured a game as big as GTA 4 would certainly not be understocked, so I asked the manager if they had any for non-preorder customers.

He looked at me like I asked to eat the flesh of newborns.

Manager- “Why wouldn’t you preorder, that’s so stupid! Why would we have any extra?”

Me- “Well I figured that since this is probably going to be the best selling game of the year you would want extra on hand to sell, make money?”

Manager- “Well, here at Gamestop we respect games enough to only allow those who would appreciate them to have them.”

Me- “What? How does that make sense? So Gamestop is always about the money unless there is an opportunity to screw the customer by not taking theirs?”

Manager- “You just don’t understand how the games industry works. Not that I’d expect someone like you would!” And this oval office sneers at my uniform, my ARMY uniform I was wearing because I was in the GOD DAMNED ARMY and this shitwizard had the stones to try to mock me for that even though there were at least 8 other soldiers or airmen in the shop.

My friends who were also Army demanded a refund and we went to a grocery store. Not only did a drat grocery store have the game, they had an entire PALLET of them behind the counter. The nice old manager there who saw us troops buying the game gave us all a 20% managers discount as long as we promised that we stopped playing in time to get a good night’s rest.

We continued to go back to that grocery store for games and continued to get great service. I haven’t purchased anything from a Gamestop since.

quote:

So this story happened back when I was twelve years old, a couple weeks before the release of Halo 2. The Gamestop I always went to with my family was having a tournament to celebrate, and my older brother and I were so excited that we even made our own shirts.

So we get in line to enter and already the worker keeps asking me if I’m sure I want to. He doesn’t do this for any other customer but me. At first I thought maybe it was because I was the youngest one there. The employee next to him gave me the sign-in sheet and I was entered.

Already there seems to be tension from the first employee, Ryan. I will not forget that guy’s name for as long as I live. The competition starts and everyone is having fun and fangirling about Halo, it was great! Then it was my turn and I was nervous but excited. Everyone else was a lot older so no one really expected me to do well. And I won my first round, I was able to go to the finals. That’s when Ryan shows up and tells me it isn’t right to cheat. To clarify, I played Halo like crazy with my brother before the tournament so I’d be ready. I worked extremely hard to be a good player. He drops it and everyone else gets to play.

Now it’s the finals, three other guys and me. I went for the same controller as I had last time and the worker unplugs it and tells me it is broken. Multiple people, including myself, keep telling him we know it isn’t yet he changes it anyway. We start the competition and the new controller is broken. I can’t play. So it ends and everyone is curious what happened. I go to talk to Ryan and he tells me that since I’m a young girl I must have cheated, so he didn’t want me to ruin the fun for everyone else. That I should know my place and know not to be playing video games since I’m a girl.

Now remember, I was only twelve, so I didn’t understand the issue of girls gaming. Ryan, a full grown adult, told me that a girl can’t be that good, that a girl can’t beat men at a game. He then yelled at me and said, “YOU CAN’T BE THAT GOOD! YOU’RE A LYING LITTLE CHEATER!! GET OUT!!”

There is a happy ending however. I found out two years after this incident that Ryan was fired for bullying every female customer that went to that store.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
So, I lurk /v/ a good amount because every now and then, for a briefly glorious moment, there's good discussion. Recently, there's been a guy going around who claims to have Dishonored 2 info. His posts always open with:

59's been backstabbed 1000 times and remebers every face associated posted:

In dishonored 2 corvo or emily have to fight the outsider and most likely kill him

In dishonored 2 emily has to save corvos life

Screencap this post.

This post will prove I am who I say I am.

But, honestly, nobody cares about that. People read this motherfucker (his username is equally amazing) because there is no one, in the world, who is this delusional.

I swear to gently caress If I can make it to age 30 without being assassinated in my sleep by a zenimax hired hitman Im going to make a video game that shits on you /v/

you really are the most retarded people ive ever spent time with. Yea, you're not politically correct, sometimes you're funny. But you people are loving retarded. oldfags complain about things like this, but they never realize its just the whole world. So much sheep, everywhere.

This is his third post in the thread. And yes, he is 100% serious.

No one at arcane or beth would do this with a youtube account connected to their real name. If you "betray" a company like betheseda or zenimax in california you can kiss your rear end goodbye. Im not talking about losing your job, I mean losing your life.

Many people like me have had their ideas stolen and completely hosed over. But they are all weak. Im one of the elite few that have the balls to stand up them. Infact, I am the only one. At this point I want them to be stupid enough to kill me so they can in return get slaughtered. 0% of any at beth, zeni, or arcane would risk their lives to do this. But my life has already been stolen, so I'll keep doing this. Im annoying alot more people than zenimax or bethesda. Anyone smart enough to pay attention to this thread should honored to see it. Men like me are going the way of the dodo bird.

It's pretty amazing, so you should read all of his posts because they're all like this. That's like, the first five or six in a thread with about 150.

>>308725978
>Did you not get paid or some poo poo?
That would most likely be the reason why I am upset. Because of the "10" video games I made, dishonored was the one dedicated to getting me money. It was supposed to be "the loving game" to finally get me something. I warned them.

>Is that the only reason you're doing this?
Its the only excuse, and the best one. When Im told flat out "you're not getting paid" I can only blame myself.
When Im the one saying "you are going to loving pay me or regret it" while making dishonored, I have every right to do this. I got hosed over again, so now I spam /v/. This is all still a slap on the wrist. Bethesda and zenimax are just a bunch of sad old men. They probably wanted to pay me. But wanting to and actually doing it are different. The whole situation is very sad. But even the lowest dev of dishonored got paid. I got loving NOTHING and im the god drat original creator.
>>308726015
>You blew your load way too soon mate
What?
>footage
They are testing the waters. They hit the godlmine with emily being a PC. I hate to blame women for existing but their vaginas have poisoned this industry so badly. So many beta males begging to be tumblr approved on their twitter accounts and are praising arcane/bethesda for emily being a PC. The game will sell millions of copies and I'll be murdered in my sleep. Probably. My "dont buy dishonored 2 because dishonored 1 has a horrible conspiracy attached to it where the original creator got absolutely nothing" will reach 10,000 views and 2,000 dislikes.

Follow the adventures of !dLBqiO2Knk, previous tripcode !TpifAK1n8E, here.

e - IT JUST GETS BETTER

I dont live. This is not life. Constantly having to remember everyday I wake up that I was cheated of millions of dollars and the life that comes with it. I am dead.
>Are you leeching off a library's wifi or something?
I am the wifi

Mazzletoff has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Sep 14, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mazzletoff posted:

So, I lurk /v/ a good amount because every now and then, for a briefly glorious moment, there's good discussion. Recently, there's been a guy going around who claims to have Dishonored 2 info. His posts always open with:

But, honestly, nobody cares about that. People read this motherfucker (his username is equally amazing) because there is no one, in the world, who is this delusional.

It's pretty amazing, so you should read all of his posts because they're all like this. That's like, the first five or six in a thread with about 150.

Follow the adventures of !TpifAK1n8E here.

Holy poo poo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mazzletoff posted:

Follow the adventures of !dLBqiO2Knk, previous tripcode !TpifAK1n8E, here.

e - IT JUST GETS BETTER

STDH.txt - i am the wifi

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

quote:

Long time lurker, first time poster, sorry if this is poo. I got a little angry while writing this.

I used to work at a summer camp for the children of wealthy faculty and alumni of my university. I was a home room monitor, which basically meant I spent all day with the same set of kids (ages 6-9, plus one 4 year old) as well as taught their first, middle, and final class of the day (reading, crafts, and music).

I had a horrible coworker (Whom we will call Angel) who taught their mathematics class which they took after mine. Because she had worked at the department a few months longer than I, Angel assumed that she had seniority over me and could do whatever the hell she wanted. My fiancé, who worked as the nurse/PE coach for the camp had previously had a run-in with Angel. Apparently she had hit on him, he turned her down, and she reported him to the supervisor for "inappropriate conduct." The supervisor, who was a rather close friend of ours wasn't having any of it, and warned me that Angel was manipulative.

Anyway, Angel had a terrible habit of running over into my second class period, mainly because hers was the shortest of the day (it was 45 minutes, as opposed to the hour fifteen mine had, and was rather bitter about it.

On this particular day, my kids were being awful in the morning, so I was flustered. She, as usual, had decided that she wanted to run over into MY class period again. So, as soon as clock signaled the end of class, I knocked on the door. The kids, knowing it as a signal to get ready to leave headed for the door. Angel proceeded to yell at the students to sit down, because she dismissed them and not me.

So I replied that she was running into my class period. (I was being polite at this point.) So the. Angel, turned to me and yelled "YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT TO DO. I AM SUPERIOR TO YOU, AND YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME. SO YOU CAN LEAVE AND COME BACK IN 15 minutes." The kids became very silent, and I was In shock. One of the first rules they tell is is to be civil in front of the kids. I was actually quite surprised that they children got out of their desks and followed me out the door, despite her yelling and storming after us. She tried to pull me back by my arm, but because she only weight 90 pounds, of course her efforts were futile.

As we walked to the building (which was across the campus) the kids were surprised because of the way I had handled the situation. Their comments were: "Man, Miss BathMurrayCantoo! You were so calm. I would have punched her." "You should have roundhouse kicked her like Chuck Norris!" And my favorite little 9year old looked up at me and quietly responded: "Miss Angel is a bitch."

Angel had called the supervisor, of course, who told her to get over it. So she called the superintendent who came to observe the classes the following day. My kids, ever the loyal little pains in the butt, were absolutely perfect in my first class. As we walked to Angel's room, one of my boys whispered "Don't worry, Miss. We have your back." I dropped them off at Angel's room with the superintendent, where they were greeted with cookies, fingerpaints, and pie charts for mathematics (manipulative bitch) and walked back to my classroom across campus to eat and prep for my lesson. It takes 15 minutes to get there, and as soon as I walk in, my walkie-talkie let out a distress signal. I bolted out the door and got back to the math building in record time. I was welcomed with the sight of 20 screaming kids, fingerpaints and cookies all over the floor and wall, a crying Angel, and a distressed looking superintendent.

"Handle this!" He pulled me into the door, and the chaos stopped. The children retrieved their things, and lined up at the door quietly. Angel was asked to stay behind with the superintendent, while I escorted my kids to my classroom, and proceeded to have pleasant lesson.
The superintendent came to my classroom just as we were preparing for lunch, and informed me that I would be teaching mathematics from now on, receiving half of Angel's pay, because she was being removed. I could have sworn I saw some of the kids fist-pumping.
Apparently, Angel was convinced I put the kids up to it, and said a few choice words about me, as well as some of the other faculty, one of whom happened to be the superintendent's niece.

My little shits really followed through for me. I couldn't have been prouder of them, but still a little guilty about Angel Not really).
EDIT: fixed a misspelled word, and tweaked the spacing to make it easier to read for those like me with bad eyesight. EDIT 2: tanks for the up votes! I never thought my first post would actually take off. Thank you for finding joy in my misery. Lol

8 yr old girl: (shaking) That loving oval office...that bitch...

Darth Windu has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Sep 14, 2015

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Non Serviam posted:

I think there's a difference between a mental health provider and a nurse at the ER in terms of private relations though.
Then again, who cares. Stdh

Yes, different professions (and probably different places) have different rules. I'm not supposed to say hi to a patient unless they say hi to me first and the rule for my profession is that someone has to be out of care for a year before I can ethically have a sexual relationship with them. Then again, I can ethically care for a family member as long as they're not my spouse (with whom I presumably have a sexual relationship) and I know that's a big no-no for, say, MDs.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

quote:

wealthy faculty

First sign that this is a STDH.

daveturnip
Sep 18, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

I would be teaching mathematics from now on, receiving half of Angel's pay,

Looks like they're being ripped off here. Now doing the work of two staff for the salary of one and a half!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

kizudarake posted:

Kotaku STDH:

They capture the essence of "people who define their lives around the video games they play are horrible" while still remaining unbelievable in the made-up details.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

How can you say it didn't happen, when it's right there on the photo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is STH, but it's in the context of learning about the history of Islam. Unsurprisingly, that page is just using it to try and further their agenda.

• Locked thread