Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

What is that 45 F?

In winter I work outside for 9 hours a day in 15 degrees F
:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen where are you?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I get three days of winter, with about a month and a half of autumn before, and a month or so of spring after. The rest of the time it is summer.

I'm currently saving to move north to the Seattle area in a couple of years. I can't stand California and it's sweltering hot bullshit anymore.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Allen where are you?

Austin, TX

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Brisbane has winter. It's one week in July and man is it horrible.

I can understand Canberra, Melbourne, rural, complaining about the winter months. Sydney is still great in the middle of winter, oh you have to wear a jacket, the horror. I can't imagine Brisbane being colder. Also, Far north Queensland is great for the winter months, because it's dry and warm and outside of jellyfish season.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Also I desperately miss living near the ocean. I don't ever go to the beach or anything. I just like living near the ocean.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
look at all you babies that can't handle warm weather.

the 45.7 C day a couple of years back was surreal and awesome~

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I thought you were in Europe for some reason Allen.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mithross posted:

Also I desperately miss living near the ocean. I don't ever go to the beach or anything. I just like living near the ocean.

Being near the ocean means you occasionally get proper weather. I'm far enough inland that everything that comes in off the gulf coast dies over Houston and San Antonio and doesn't make it here. It sucks.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

I can understand Canberra, Melbourne, rural, complaining about the winter months. Sydney is still great in the middle of winter, oh you have to wear a jacket, the horror. I can't imagine Brisbane being colder. Also, Far north Queensland is great for the winter months, because it's dry and warm and outside of jellyfish season.

its because pants and jackets are terrible.

if im not in stubbies and a wifebeater then i'm not happy.

I'm not happy a lot, coincidentally

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Amoeba102 posted:

I went to Melbourne last week and man it was cold, comparatively speaking. I'd been wearing shorts in the morning before I flew down and then I landed in Melbourne and everyone was wearing puffa jackets.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

I thought you were in Europe for some reason Allen.

I honestly could not tell you what gave you that impression, other than not ever hearing my seriously east-coast accent.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

nah that wasn't cool

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

busb posted:

its because pants and jackets are terrible.

if im not in stubbies and a wifebeater then i'm not happy.

I'm not happy a lot, coincidentally

Move to Brisbane. Not only do we have the climate to support this, you will also be the height of fashion.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I hate shorts.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

When was the 45.7 day?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

I hate shorts.

Knobbly knees? Unattractive leg hair?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the hell are stubbies

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Knobbly knees? Unattractive leg hair?

Knobbly knees, and long legs.

Hmm, record Sydney temp was 45.8 on 18 January 2013. I don't remember it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Allen Wren posted:

what the hell are stubbies

Shorts and also beer.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo 45.7 is a hot day!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Amoeba102 posted:

Knobbly knees, and long legs.

Hmm, record Sydney temp was 45.8 on 18 January 2013. I don't remember it.

I remmeber it vividly, as I had to go into the city during the middle of the day. It was so hot you didn't even really sweat, because the westerly was dry and hot and your sweat would evaporate almost instantly.

It was great.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Move to Brisbane. Not only do we have the climate to support this, you will also be the height of fashion.

Well yes but then i'd live in queensland and nobody actually wants that, least of all queenslanders.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Well yes but then i'd live in queensland and nobody actually wants that, least of all queenslanders.

I wouldn't mind. But I hate queensland so I dont care if it gets worse.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Haha, I know why I don't remember it. I was in New Zealand on vacation.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cold weather is inarguably cooler than warm weather.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

busb posted:

We hit around 43C at one point in August this year, but only because it got so dry. Normally it doesn't get above around 39C.

Also our matchup is going to be pretty close in fantasy this week, MG.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I may actually die if it got to 45.

In the very height of summer it gets to around 35 and I don't have AC and I just melt and it's awful.

It was still hot last week but then it rained for 3 days straight and now it's a cool 12-15 and autumn is fully upon us.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

We hit around 43C at one point in August this year, but only because it got so dry. Normally it doesn't get above around 39C.

Also our matchup is going to be pretty close in fantasy this week, MG.

Yeah it's going to come down to what romo does in a few mins. If he has a bad game I win if he has a good game then you probably win.

I still have AP to play though.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Why the gently caress did I pick Manning to start?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
My home QB, Alex Smith, who I left on my bench somehow outscored Roethlisberger :catstare:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

BottleKnight posted:

My home QB, Alex Smith, who I left on my bench somehow outscored Roethlisberger :catstare:

Yeah. He's sitting on my bench too.

Fortunately, I'm sitting at 104-89 where I have 4 players left and he has 0, so it's a lock win.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

This is the bottom chunk of my roster. It's glorious.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
A 10 min drive and no touch down for romo. That's not good for you dhd

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

ljtrigirl posted:

This is the bottom chunk of my roster. It's glorious.

I have gronk and Antonio Brown so I had a ton of points from Thursday night. A good weekend for me overall.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

And the one Giant I've got just fumbled it. Sigh.

e: or not, thanks booth guys.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 14, 2015

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

My favorite football team is the flyers.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They don't particularly like you though Bleane!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

They don't particularly like you though Bleane!!

I thought the point guard shoved me in that garbage can as a fun hazing thing!!?!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I thought the point guard shoved me in that garbage can as a fun hazing thing!!?!

The flyers don't have a point guard they have a pitcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

The flyers don't have a point guard they have a pitcher.

I think I know soccer, Magnus.