Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I oath the following Corvus Belli Infinity models from PanO
1 Squalo
1 Swiss Guard
1 Aquila Guard
1 Hospitaleer Knight
2 Boxes of Auxillia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, am getting off my rear end and oathing Allison Jakes, a Cygnar solo from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

This model will be done for the jurnal. Privateer Press partnered with Whitemoon Dreams to create a computer game based on Warmachine, called Warmachine Tactics, and ran a Kickstarter for it. Various soloes were available in alternative sculpts as KS rewards, and Allison Jakes was one of them, and this is the alt sculpt in question. She's also the star of the release campaign for the game!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

omnibobb posted:

I oath mooooooore zombies
Love Zombicide! I need to Oath my models so I can get them painted, I did a test paint a few weeks ago and after priming I was able to paint 5 models in 30 minutes, that's pretty good for time and for using about 6 colors in total. I should prime a ton of them and just paint them while watching TV.

Mugaaz posted:

I oath the following Corvus Belli Infinity models from PanO
1 Squalo
1 Swiss Guard
1 Aquila Guard
1 Hospitaleer Knight
2 Boxes of Auxillia

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, am getting off my rear end and oathing Allison Jakes, a Cygnar solo from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

This model will be done for the jurnal. Privateer Press partnered with Whitemoon Dreams to create a computer game based on Warmachine, called Warmachine Tactics, and ran a Kickstarter for it. Various soloes were available in alternative sculpts as KS rewards, and Allison Jakes was one of them, and this is the alt sculpt in question. She's also the star of the release campaign for the game!

Oaths Accepted!

LordAba posted:

.... And after checking my shelf of "good god I need to stop using kickstarter" I have some more good things to give away.

Awesome! Thanks very much. Get painting, everyone!

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Oath Complete

My first model painted with my left hand!

Fairly pleased with it as first attempt although the shield rim/boss looks a tad sloppy, but it was pretty hard to do and Ive always hated doing shields.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JcDent posted:

Gentlegoons! Will I permitted to Save Da Whales?

Did you complete an Oath that you made in a previous month for this thread? Then yes!

Bear in mind that Saving Whales doesn't earn you other points-earning things that you would have gotten for that month. But it sure earns you an entry in the annual prize draw. :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Serotonin posted:

Oath Complete

My first model painted with my left hand!

Fairly pleased with it as first attempt although the shield rim/boss looks a tad sloppy, but it was pretty hard to do and Ive always hated doing shields.

Well done sir, not a bad result at all! :)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath a Citadel woods, 5 Skitarii Rangers, 5 Skitarii Vanguard, a Witch Hunter, a scared looking Empire villager and 5 Tempestus Scions Everything is 28mm GW

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I, Bavius, do triple down on this mofo. I oath 8 objectives 1-6 and duplicates for the rare mission that calls for two 2s and two 3s.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 11, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath seven (classic!) 28mm Citadel Witch Elves:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Leperflesh posted:

Did you complete an Oath that you made in a previous month for this thread? Then yes!

Bear in mind that Saving Whales doesn't earn you other points-earning things that you would have gotten for that month. But it sure earns you an entry in the annual prize draw. :)

Still got the sweet flames on the technical out of it, so it's cool. And yeah, that was my previous oath.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I WhiteOutMouse Oath my starter set for Drop Zone Commadner that I got at nova, plus the HQ blister: 10mm scale, Hawke Minis
3x Neptune Medium Dropships
2x Ares Battle Walkers
2x Phobos Battle Walkers
2x Juno A1 APC's
2x Zeus Walkers
*Including the extra arms and crap for options.

Primed and (poorly) sprayed VMA yellow-orange color.

I hope to add some of the :butt: minis I got in the wrath of kings starter at nova as well later. But these are the minis that I plan on making look like GDI stuff:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath a Citadel woods, 5 Skitarii Rangers, 5 Skitarii Vanguard, a Witch Hunter, a scared looking Empire villager and 5 Tempestus Scions Everything is 28mm GW

Bavius posted:

I, Bavius, do triple down on this mofo. I oath 8 objectives 1-6 and duplicates for the rare mission that calls for two 2s and two 3s.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath seven (classic!) 28mm Citadel Witch Elves:

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath my starter set for Drop Zone Commadner that I got at nova, plus the HQ blister: 10mm scale, Hawke Minis
3x Neptune Medium Dropships
2x Ares Battle Walkers
2x Phobos Battle Walkers
2x Juno A1 APC's
2x Zeus Walkers
*Including the extra arms and crap for options.

Primed and (poorly) sprayed VMA yellow-orange color.

Oaths Accepted!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hold me, goons, I'm gonna try to do a speed challenge!

Be back in 24 hours, I hope

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath four Tactical Legionnaires with Bolters, one Veteran Tactical Sergeant, and five Seeker Legionnaires!

I'd like to say something important kept me from Oathing last month. But no, just lots and lots of Civ 5.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

What what?
More zombies in your butt

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I, Drone, oath one 28mm Dark Angels sergeant from the DV boxed set (Games Workshop).
An additional oath for the month is likely forthcoming, but for this guy, I'm going to try for Speed Painting.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

:siren: Oath Complete :siren:

So I only just now saw in the OP that you have to apparently wait for Speed Painting to be approved first before actually doing it, which seems really counterintuitive to me. So I'm going to claim it anyway. As soon as I posted last time, I started painting and just did it all in one sitting.

Achievements Claimed
-Speed Painting
-Apprentice

I'm pretty happy with him. This is the first mini I've ever painted that wasn't just a normal tactical marine, and like my... seventh mini ever? Something like that?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I , LazyAngel, oath for the month of September some PHR vehicles from Dropzone Commander; Two Juno IFVs (with magnetised turrets), and two Triton A1 dropships

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Makeda1, a Skorne figure from Warmahordes.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

failed my speed painting challenge. loving Grave Warden, loving choice of black! That black tutorial video linked in miniature painting OP just makes it look like incompetence. Better mix black and blue, and go from there.

Also, the mail-surcoat combo on those termies is horribly cast, and the head is nigh impossible to reach.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath one buggy, one bike and one Killa Kan (GW 28mm etc.):

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
First time Oathing so feel free to shout at me if I've done something wrong.

I, SteelMentor, oath one Thanatar Siege-Automata (Forge World, 28mm).

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATHING for September; 4 super dungeon explore models!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Dreadball MVP Dozer and one Novas Vira Militia from Mars Attacks , both Mantic 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JcDent posted:

Hold me, goons, I'm gonna try to do a speed challenge!

Be back in 24 hours, I hope

Drone posted:

I, Drone, oath one 28mm Dark Angels sergeant from the DV boxed set (Games Workshop).
An additional oath for the month is likely forthcoming, but for this guy, I'm going to try for Speed Painting.

LazyAngel posted:

I , LazyAngel, oath for the month of September some PHR vehicles from Dropzone Commander; Two Juno IFVs (with magnetised turrets), and two Triton A1 dropships

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath one buggy, one bike and one Killa Kan (GW 28mm etc.):

SteelMentor posted:

First time Oathing so feel free to shout at me if I've done something wrong.

I, SteelMentor, oath one Thanatar Siege-Automata (Forge World, 28mm).

Ledgem posted:

OATHING for September; 4 super dungeon explore models!

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Dreadball MVP Dozer and one Novas Vira Militia from Mars Attacks , both Mantic 28mm.
Oaths Accepted!

JcDent posted:

failed my speed painting challenge. loving Grave Warden, loving choice of black! That black tutorial video linked in miniature painting OP just makes it look like incompetence. Better mix black and blue, and go from there.

Also, the mail-surcoat combo on those termies is horribly cast, and the head is nigh impossible to reach.

No worries, you can still do the Oath as normal and attempt speed painting on another Oath!

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath Makeda1, a Skorne figure from Warmahordes.

You forgot to include the American Samoa on the screen, but as we're in the middle of the month I'll let this one go. Oath Accepted!

Drone posted:

So I only just now saw in the OP that you have to apparently wait for Speed Painting to be approved first before actually doing it, which seems really counterintuitive to me. So I'm going to claim it anyway. As soon as I posted last time, I started painting and just did it all in one sitting.

Yeah it would be ideal if I could accept all the Oaths as they come in but I don't check the thread every time I log into SA. The general rule for the thread is: don't wait to get approval unless you have a specific question, just start painting after you Oath, and if there's an issue you will be notified in the thread.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE MOTHERFUCKERS

I had to go back to using completely natural light to photograph this because even with white balancing, the colors refused to come out properly in my makeshift lightbox. It's a bit darker overall but that's a tradeoff I'm willing to make.

This qualifies for the Challenge under the video game clause. If I have to explain which game this is from then you can just :frogout:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
He Krushgroove, just my obligatory once a month question if my brushes prize has been shipped yet. I finally caved and bought a new brush this weekend. No rush, I realize you do this out of the goodness of your heart, I just feel like I should ask every once and a while.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

JerryLee posted:

OATH COMPLETE MOTHERFUCKERS

This qualifies for the Challenge under the video game clause. If I have to explain which game this is from then you can just :frogout:
Where did you get that shambler model?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

He Krushgroove, just my obligatory once a month question if my brushes prize has been shipped yet. I finally caved and bought a new brush this weekend. No rush, I realize you do this out of the goodness of your heart, I just feel like I should ask every once and a while.

Fahk, sorry man - I've got some packets on my desk at work, waiting for me to be less busy and find some time...I'll get a bunch in the post tomorrow and try to get this month's prize draw done!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

krushgroove posted:

Fahk, sorry man - I've got some packets on my desk at work, waiting for me to be less busy and find some time...I'll get a bunch in the post tomorrow and try to get this month's prize draw done!

No worries, as I said, you are doing a wonderful thing, thanks for all your hard work!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed

Pegasus Ruins resplendent on my new Deepcut Mat for Frostgrave. I'm pretty happy with the simple scheme on these.

Glaug Battlepod which is from the Robotech series and is my Technical Jurnal, plus the colours and style are based on http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/glaug.htm (I've already claimed Box Art though) - the lining turned out a bit rougher than I'd like but this kit is super detailed for it's size. Also a pain to assemble, no wonder this game didn't take off as a mass battle game. Thanks again to NTRabbit for sending me this last season!

LordAba posted:

...Anime is TV too!...

Robotech is three animes munged together, does that qualify me for three entries? ;)

I'm just about getting used to my new computer and tools so the pics turned out OK this time. I'll be doing more this month but not for the Oath stuff, too much else is going on currently for me to reliably paint.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ That one is too easy! Looks good though... If nobody else posts the challenge I'll give you an extra entry (I think you are the first one to claim it, though I'll go through the others near the end of the month).

JerryLee posted:

I really liked The Last of Us.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Where did you get that shambler model?

Smh if you don't know that model was produced by Games Workshop under license from Bungie. :rolleyes:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath for the month of September a Mantic Vampire Lady, 28mm scale.

krushgroove, let me know if I need to retake the photo. I did 4 or 5 of them before I found an angle that let you see both the model and the time, but didn't notice that the date was obscured.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
:frogsiren: nopantsjack, if you still read this thread, shoot me a PM or an email stabworth.sa@gmail.com - you won that Warmachine/Hordes contest from back in June, and I still haven't heard from you. :frogsiren:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Here's a doozy! Spent too much at Nova this year, gotta paint a lot to make up for it!

1 Necron Cryptek and 5 Legion of the Damned (GW, 28mm)

6 Deepmen and a Deepman Leader from Wrath of Kings (CMON, 28mm)

8 Ada-Lorena (Mantic, 28mm)

4 Dragonlings and a Oracle (Reaper, 28mm)

1 Dropzone Shaltari Starter (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

2 Crystal Forests (Worldsmith, 28mm)

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Here's a doozy! Spent too much at Nova this year, gotta paint a lot to make up for it!

1 Necron Cryptek and 5 Legion of the Damned (GW, 28mm)

6 Deepmen and a Deepman Leader from Wrath of Kings (CMON, 28mm)

8 Ada-Lorena (Mantic, 28mm)

4 Dragonlings and a Oracle (Reaper, 28mm)

1 Dropzone Shaltari Starter (Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

2 Crystal Forests (Worldsmith, 28mm)

Yessssss

Also, I think Wrath OK Kings is 32mm (aka non heroic).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
MOTHS
INDOLENT BASTARD
PASH

:siren: Your prizes are on the way to you! :siren:

Everyone else, yours will follow, just need to get them packed up.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

krushgroove posted:

MOTHS
INDOLENT BASTARD
PASH

:siren: Your prizes are on the way to you! :siren:

Everyone else, yours will follow, just need to get them packed up.

Awesome! I look forward to getting it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:toot: Sweet! I also got my grab bag prize, this has been a fortunate month!

• Locked thread