Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Shot of the dead dog's eyes staring at them is kind of a cheap shot. But god drat.

Edit: Holy gently caress that facial prosthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

There's the SFX budget!

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

BOOM headshot

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dantu posted:

Dogs, a liability in the zombie apocolypse. :smith:

I was bummed out that oxy kid didn't make that call already. "Mom, we gotta ditch the dog - its drawing attention"

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

leave it leave it lets go - good call

silenenttly turning around to go get them - bad call

Oxy kid is how the viewer manifest into the show - seems to be makin the right calls.

Except for closing the door, and not kicking out the dog.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol at step bro getting his nose broken while trying to sneak in a feel while saving his step sister

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

I get the feeling the daughter is going to go off with the family on her lonesome and leave the parents behind to their fate.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

"The Bastard Executioner" ?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol a whole scene in spanish with subtitles

speaking in spanish for a whole scene is the new hipster/media marketing thing to capture the latino market

narcos is doing it. its fine, i have a small comfort issue with it though becuase when i watch something i alot of times take my eyes off of it so its a small pita where i have to keep my eyes on the screen when there is just dialog playing out- but i think its a funny trend because some marketing group is probably driving it. they probably had a meeting about capturing more demos. so its not driven altruistically, just plain old capitalism

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?

KoRMaK posted:

speaking in spanish for a whole scene is the new hipster/media marketing thing to capture the latino market

narcos is doing it. its fine, i have a small comfort issue with it though becuase when i watch something i alot of times take my eyes off of it so its a small pita where i have to keep my eyes on the screen when there is just dialog playing out- but i think its a funny trend because some marketing group is probably driving it. they probably had a meeting about capturing more demos. so its not driven altruistically, just plain old capitalism

jesus christ dude

Nothing wrong with 30 seconds of subtitles...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

What the hell are these Mexicans doing speaking foreign on my tv?! loving ethnic hipsters always ruining everything.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Dudes taking out their garbage like it's just another tuesday

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea i know, i said that there is nothing wrong with it. its my problem, and im a little dubious of why they are doing it. gently caress.

OMG
Jul 14, 2007
Chris annoys the poo poo out of me. Kind of like how I felt about Carl at one point, but worse.

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
I really hate liberal dude.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This kid is really bad at pain mgmt.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Literally pouting at the lack of opiates.

Holy poo poo.

He's more of a liability than the husband is.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Nobody turn on the radio or call 911 or TV or anything

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I need my loving! DOPE! MOM!

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Holy poo poo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Iowa Snow King posted:

Nobody turn on the radio or call 911 or TV or anything

Good point, but I'm willing to concede that phones are dead, no electriciy so no fm batteriess (except maybe the car).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

This show is on some bullshit and it's not because of the Spanish speaking parts. It's because jackshit happened.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Whoa, a good epsiode with a good ending. That was cool.

Destiny: Guardians of the Galaxy

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cool, so that lady is gonna get her foot fixed.

A house with barred windows - good recon for later this week.

Cool, so the military regains and restores control. That will last for like a week or 3 i would imagine.

NEAT!

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

Cool, so that lady is gonna get her foot fixed.

A house with barred windows - good recon for later this week.

Cool, so the military regains and restores control. That will last for like a week or 3 i would imagine.

NEAT!

Well they do have like fifty days left until regular continuity starts

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Haters gonna hate. I really like it.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Yeah, sure, after what we saw by the barber shop, these soldiers are just leisurely going to police the suburbs? Are they pretending they didn't already established that the high density areas are already loving madness?

OMG
Jul 14, 2007
I really want Nick to wash his hair.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Iowa Snow King posted:

Well they do have like fifty days left until regular continuity starts

How do we know that?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

Yeah, sure, after what we saw by the barber shop, these soldiers are just leisurely going to police the suburbs? Are they pretending they didn't already established that the high density areas are already loving madness?

So wouldn't it make sense to clear and secure what hasn't already gone to poo poo?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dantu posted:

So wouldn't it make sense to clear and secure what hasn't already gone to poo poo?

Thats how I bought it.

What's papa's back story going to be? Why did they talk about "buried in el salvador" like it meant something?

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

:frogon:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Best ep so far.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://fortune.com/2015/09/09/netflix-narcos-hispanics/

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

How do we know that?

Don't we? I thought we did. Rick wakes up on like day sixty.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

KoRMaK posted:

Thats how I bought it.

What's papa's back story going to be? Why did they talk about "buried in el salvador" like it meant something?

Victims of a death squad?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Iowa Snow King posted:

Don't we? I thought we did. Rick wakes up on like day sixty.
That was my next question, i dont think there was any evidence of this in the show to the point that I still dont know how long rick was out.

OR did his buddy cop tell him how longer and I just forgot?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I kept expecting the episode to end with them starting to drive away and bombs being dropped on LA

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

KoRMaK posted:

Probably he and his wife fled during the civil war in El Salvador. I think that line was just to illustrate that he was bullshitting about having a cousin nearby, and just was too proud/stubborn to ask for help.

Daniel is probably my favorite character. He just gives no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

KoRMaK posted:

Whoa, a good epsiode with a good ending.

Counterpoint: horrible episode, and everyone beyond the old mexican dude is a cross between Andrea and Lori. They literally have decided to take everything wrong from TWD and encapsulate it in this show. I actually thought the first two eps were decent. It officially sucks poo poo now.

• Locked thread