Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Augh! I clicked last post. I'm making this post so I can go back to my last post, and read from there. I'll watch Endless Eight sometime this week, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Augh! I clicked last post.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I watched E8 for the first time in one sitting and caught up with this thread. What a ride.

-I was sure the key would be Kyon inviting Haruhi to do something on the final day (Probably involving model planes because that was one of the symbols that really stood out to me)
-I loved how loving depressing the atmosphere became from episode 2 onwards whenever they got to the ending
-The way Kyon interrupts Haruhi's call early on (in E3? 4?) set up expectations for me that were repeatedly smashed
-I was kinda hoping that at some point during the time loop talks they would ask Yuki how many times they had made that revelation and receive another dagger to the heart
-Clock ending was the best ending
-Yuki

This could have been two episodes and I would have enjoyed it because I like basically anything that deals with time travel but they went so far and put so much care into the presentation that I can't help but love it. High point of my anime experience, even if I don't think I could survive another full 8 marathon.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, what time are we watching Sigh tonight?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I updated the OP, viewing will be at the usual time.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

In Training posted:

I updated the OP, viewing will be at the usual time.

Since Disappearance is on a Friday, would it be okay for that to be an hour later like E8?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VostokProgram posted:

Since Disappearance is on a Friday, would it be okay for that to be an hour later like E8?

Sure! If that worked better for people. Seemed like it did, considering there were 1000 posts in 3 hours haha

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

some good movies to watch before disappearance if you have time: l'avventura, la jetee

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Sure! If that worked better for people. Seemed like it did, considering there were 1000 posts in 3 hours haha

yes yes very good but if you don't make the EE gifs the simulwatch will be ruined

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

shouldn't get too hysterical though.

here's a goofy one I like the loop of

and haruhi said let there be light

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 14, 2015

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Darox posted:

This could have been two episodes and I would have enjoyed it because I like basically anything that deals with time travel but they went so far and put so much care into the presentation that I can't help but love it. High point of my anime experience, even if I don't think I could survive another full 8 marathon.

Yeah, that's the thing. Especially in a marathon presentation, the care that they into making each episode slightly different shows up so well. I'm not sure how obvious it was in 2009 since I didn't watch any anime that year (basically, I watched Code Geass, TTGL and Moyashimon as they aired in 2007, and then nothing until 2014), but having watched for the first time a few months ago, I made sure to watch through all of E8 just for as complete an experience as I could get.

I hope you all enjoy Sigh. It is the high-point of the series for me, basically fulfilling every promise made by earlier or later episodes.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

and haruhi said let there be light

lol

Kytrarewn posted:

Yeah, that's the thing. Especially in a marathon presentation, the care that they into making each episode slightly different shows up so well. I'm not sure how obvious it was in 2009 since I didn't watch any anime that year (basically, I watched Code Geass, TTGL and Moyashimon as they aired in 2007, and then nothing until 2014), but having watched for the first time a few months ago, I made sure to watch through all of E8 just for as complete an experience as I could get.

I hope you all enjoy Sigh. It is the high-point of the series for me, basically fulfilling every promise made by earlier or later episodes.

yeah i really enjoy sigh, but i looove disappearance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm rewatching part of Sigh and man can Koizumi be full of poo poo

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started making my gifs and screen grabs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
where are the poolharuhi.gifs

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

hell yeah!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait why does that imgur upload look like crap.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

there's more back in the thread

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I like how succinctly this shows the barrier that exists between Yuki and the rest of the Brigade, some of them have special powers (in certain conditions) or come from special circumstances, but they're all still normal humans at their core.

All except Yuki.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 15, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

I like how succinctly this shows the barrier that exists between Yuki and the rest of the Brigade, some of them have special powers (in certain conditions) or come from special circumstances, but they're all still normal humans at their core.

All except Yuki.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think we're stuck in a time loop.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

we did a couple but I figure in training would have that covered :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

we did a couple but I figure in training would have that covered :)

Im actually not making many i dont think...whoops. Im up through 3, ill finish after Sigh which kicks off in 5 minutes! Also i think every screenshot im taking is a slightly different size so sorry about how bad that will look when i post them all in a row.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Im actually not making many i dont think...whoops. Im up through 3, ill finish after Sigh which kicks off in 5 minutes! Also i think every screenshot im taking is a slightly different size so sorry about how bad that will look when i post them all in a row.

thats ok, I've also played enough mgs5 that I don't even want to check the time counter

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Off we go! There's a starting pistol and everything!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Enjoy

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mikuru and Yuki running is great.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wow, we're actually going in chronological order now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol the dog whistle

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

Lol the dog whistle

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Apathy Syndrome, eh?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SUUPAH EVANTO!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh for some reason I thought we were doing this an hour later whoops
edit; oh thats disappearance

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"Blind you with a piece of string?" Huh?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...There's a crude joke to be made here about Kyon being sprayed with hot tea, but I'm going to refrain from making it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sigh is a cool denouement to the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

...There's a crude joke to be made here about Kyon being sprayed with hot tea, but I'm going to refrain from making it.

you're part of a special group of people

• Locked thread