Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I can see Illfonic actually making this game eventually.

It'll be nothing more than a Skyrim sex themed mod with some netcode though, so you can probably save your cash and just visit Nexus for some more Skyrim themed making GBS threads dicknipples on your mudcrab sex slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

oTHi posted:

What is your policy on mandatory sex buffs?

gently caress whoever needs it or kick. We don't need non-contributors.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
I hope there will be a respected love buff officer to monitor any incidents where Goon A refuses to open up for Goon B and provide and wield justice appropriately. Furthermore I hope to see that after Goon A eventually does open up the SSO (slut shaming officer) steps up to remind Goon A how gnarley they are. I dream a dream.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We should all pitch in to buy a manse and all be gay lovers in the manse and we can call our guild "im gay". Who's with me?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
I'm excited about writing things with poop or making art maybe.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

We should all pitch in to buy a manse and all be gay lovers in the manse and we can call our guild "im gay". Who's with me?

Fine by me. As long as I can be the last one at the conga line. :a2m:

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
But what if all I want to do is create the Ultimate Spiced Fish Pie recipe, and drive all the other pie-makers out of business??

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oTHi posted:

But what if all I want to do is create the Ultimate Spiced Fish Pie recipe, and drive all the other pie-makers out of business??

That's fine. We'll need pie to keep our strength up for all the gay orgies. Everyone loves pie.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

HiHo ChiRho posted:

While manses are pretty gay, if you get a house with a storefront then random NPCs will come visit to buy things in your store. Random NPCs browsing your wares in the middle of a big gay orgy sounds pretty hawt.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well, it all depends upon the spiced fish though.

e: I really hope the gay orgies can be synchronized like the dancing teams in age of wushu.

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 10, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Well, it all depends upon the spiced fish though.

e: I really hope the gay orgies can be synchronized like the dancing teams in age of wushu.

I was just going to say that Angela's post made me imagine the player market in Age of Wushu but just filled with kung fu orgies.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

oTHi posted:

What is your policy on mandatory sex buffs?

I'm envisioning a scenario where the group leader finally scrapes together enough dudes to do a dungeon, and you're all about to head in when you notice the healer has really low hp because he forgot his sex buff. Then you're like, well we might wipe if this guy dies, I guess I better suck his dick real fast so he's got that buff. Oh wait the dicksuck buff only increases magic regeneration, I've actually got to let him buttfuck me for the HP buff.

Like do you pick the shame of having some random guy sodomize you for victory or the shame of having everyone die and deal with whatever eldritch convoluted hell bullshit you gotta deal with.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Rough Lobster posted:

I'm envisioning a scenario where the group leader finally scrapes together enough dudes to do a dungeon, and you're all about to head in when you notice the healer has really low hp because he forgot his sex buff. Then you're like, well we might wipe if this guy dies, I guess I better suck his dick real fast so he's got that buff. Oh wait the dicksuck buff only increases magic regeneration, I've actually got to let him buttfuck me for the HP buff.

Like do you pick the shame of having some random guy sodomize you for victory or the shame of having everyone die and deal with whatever eldritch convoluted hell bullshit you gotta deal with.

Maybe there will be a Fluffer class.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Rough Lobster posted:

I could swear this is an Oglaf strip.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

oTHi posted:

the special spices are actually my semen :ssh:

Orv
May 4, 2011

UnwiseTrout posted:

I could swear this is an Oglaf strip.

Kinda.

Exceedingly :nws: yo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Whoops, nobody posted the weekly dev update. Probably because it is boring. No fanfiction at all. No day in the life of a fish monger or day in the life of a gong farmer. I don't know what this game is coming to. Oh, right, more minigames.

https://www.revivalgame.com/blog/45-weekly-blog-update-44-study-hard

quote:

Weekly Blog Update #44: Study Hard

Snipehunter: 2 days ago

Weekly Update

Welcome to another weekly blog update, Revivalists! Today as I write this, the team is working behind the scenes on a series of server and backend updates and testing the housing upgrade kit functionality. These comprise our next update, the second of four on our path to completing stage 1. If all goes well, you’ll have that update in your hands by the time we write our next update!

We’ve also been working pretty hard on what will be the third update, the furniture updates and the decoration tools that will let you customize your the placement of furniture and items in your house. We’ve had these tools running for a little while, but the recent push has been on usability and polish, getting us to that “90%” mark we like to talk about before we feel like we can put it out. Things are working really smoothly and even now, before we’ve even begun finalizing things to complete for our third client update, they feel really great with these tools. I think you’ll be very happy with the level of control you’ll have when it comes to decorating your houses.

WIP - Altered Altars

Great Minds of Theleston

One of the more interesting elements of Revival, I think, is the way that acquiring knowledge is part of the core “play loop” for a game character. In many MMOs, your character “learning” something about the game, be it a piece of lore or the location of an old ruin, isn’t really worth much. At best, you’ll get a “ding” of some sort; a dollop of XP or maybe an achievement and a reveal on your minimap. But, if you stop and think about how we develop in our own lives, the truth is quite the opposite, right? The knowledge we acquire is what leads directly to our development. Knowledge is the fuel for personal progress and growth. So why should our characters in MMOs be different?

It plays into a lot of the complaints you’ll hear about games these days, too. Complaints of flat progression and boring quests are reflections of the value of knowledge in those games: What sets one quest apart from another is often the narrative and the knowledge it conveys, rather than its mechanics or the actions you take to complete it and if that knowledge has no value, then that quest is no different from any other and everything is flat.

So, we knew from the get go that we couldn’t let things work this way with Revival and for us that meant we had to make information itself valuable again. That’s why Revival is a game of imperfect knowledge. We want each of our players’ characters to hold different pieces of information about the world, so that each thing you learn has value, not just to yourself but to other characters as well. This does however, present two problems: How do you actually acquire differing information? And once you know something someone else doesn’t, how do you pass that information along?

Today I’m going to talk two of the ways we answer these questions, training and study. Training is used to pick up things about a skill that you don’t already know from someone who does, while study is how you apply what you’ve already learned to the discovery of new items and research.

You’ve actually already seen a few examples of the study skill at work in Ombwah’s blogs. Be it in the form of a diviner studying an earring to learn of its enchantments, or an archaeologist studying the ruins of a hidden shrine to find the mechanism for unlocking its secrets, study is one of the most useful skills you’ll have in Revival. Study is an unusual skill in that, what you can learn by using it depends entirely on what you’ve learned already. If you study linguistics, applying the study skill will make it possible to translate text in the languages you know. If you have spent time as a merchant, study will allow you to appraise an item’s value. A weaponsmith will study a weapon and learn something of its composition, weight, and properties. Because study is contextual like this, a few things happen when you activate study. If you have no specific target, selecting study will highlight the things around you that you can learn more about based on your skills. From there, selecting any one of the highlighted objects will start the study minigame for that type of object. However, if you have an item targeted already then executing study will begin the related game directly.

Training on the other hand, is probably the closest thing to a passive skill the game of Revival has. At its most basic level, training can be toggled off and on. While it’s on, when you watch someone work, you’ll pick up elements of what they’re doing. This sort of passive training is very slow and it only takes you part of the way towards actually using the thing you’re using, but for many it’s the very first step in a new profession. How much you can learn this way is a function of your perception and intellect attributes as well as the skill level of the person you’re watching.

Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg, training isn’t just passive. To pick up the nuances of a skill, to learn many of the game’s techniques, you’re going to have to actively train with someone who already knows them, and knows them well. Select the person you want to train (or train from) and execute the training ability, selecting the skill you wish to train in the UI. This will send a training request; if the request is accepted you will enter into a training mode of the related skill’s game with your partner. The teacher goes first, executing the technique he wants to teach, which then shows the trainee how it is used via demonstration, temporarily revealing an action tile or the appropriate gesture input to execute the technique. The trainee then attempts to use the technique himself using the unlocked UI. Each success contributes to the comprehension of the technique and it’s only truly learned when enough successes have been accrued in a training session. However, the session can be a “wash” with enough failures as well, undoing even the small point gains of the training session and forcing you to start over. This makes a training session somewhat akin to certain styles of gambling: Sometimes you’ll have to decide if you should fold to preserve what you have or stay in the game and go for the jackpot.

Beyond the implications of the minigames themselves, these two skills help to ensure that information has value in critical ways. First, study ensures that the knowledge you have is useful to other players, even when they don’t want to learn the skills you have. Then, the training mechanic ensures that even when another person does want to learn your skills, they have to seek you or someone like you out to do so. Many things can be learned from books, but the more esoteric and difficult the skill, the less likely you are to find a book to teach it to you. In fact, especially for combat techniques, tracking down a master and convincing that person to train you is the only choice you have.

And of course, if you are that master, that means you’re in the position of being able to name your own price...

WIP - A nightgaunt statue

First guy to master the making GBS threads Dick NIpples skill can teach everyone else.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Radical idea, but I think just radical enough for this game; what if only one person can ever naturally learn a skill, but has to chose to disseminate it to the rest of the server? Imagine orgy land but nobody knows how to do anal, so there's a bounty on the one guy who does.

That sounds sufficiently insane I think.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Rough Lobster posted:

I think the shame of taking anything that happens in a video game seriously is worse.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Angela Christine posted:

That's interesting about cryengine. Any dirty laundry about Unreal Engine 4?

Unreal used to be really awkward for anything that wasn't an FPS, but that's no longer the case.

At this point Unreal and Unity are both really popular, really extensible, and have great communities.

Everything else has issues. (IdTech, Cryengine, Gamebryo, etc.)

Rough Lobster posted:

Not to mention that the rest of the party has to sit there bored while the group leader lets this healer gently caress him up the rear end. Unless there's some kind of voyeur buff, or you get some kind of group sex bonus, but if that's the case then everybody's going to expect you to have the group sex bonus all the time.

Will there be bands of roaming gay banditos who offer to orgy-gently caress you if you pay them enough so you can get the maximum sex bonus possible?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 14, 2015

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
So in what way will "taking a poo poo" be included as an in-game activity? Is there a button I can press to just crap on whatever's closest?

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Trier posted:

So in what way will "taking a poo poo" be included as an in-game activity? Is there a button I can press to just crap on whatever's closest?

Slow down there, buddy, you can't expect to just poo poo on command like that until you get some training from the server's Master Shitter.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

Radical idea, but I think just radical enough for this game; what if only one person can ever naturally learn a skill, but has to chose to disseminate it to the rest of the server? Imagine orgy land but nobody knows how to do anal, so there's a bounty on the one guy who does.

That sounds sufficiently insane I think.

Wasn't there an MMO where the endgame boss required "the chosen one" to do the final point of damage, and no one knew who was the "chosen one" was?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zaphod42 posted:

Will there be bands of roaming gay banditos who offer to orgy-gently caress you if you pay them enough so you can get the maximum sex bonus possible?

I hope so. :getin:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Wasn't there an MMO where the endgame boss required "the chosen one" to do the final point of damage, and no one knew who was the "chosen one" was?

That sounds like something an idea guy thought was a great thing, yeah. Couldn't tell you where from though.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Orv posted:

That sounds like something an idea guy thought was a great thing, yeah. Couldn't tell you where from though.

It's an interesting concept, but it's not something you actually do lol

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
I am so happy that this is a real thing that exists. Not the game, but the concept. It's like they looked at the Star Citizen forum threads about realistic space sex bowel movements and said "Hey! That gives me a great idea for an MMO!"

I hope they end up doing a Revivalcon.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
OMG, this sounds terrible and awesome at the same time. It would be amusing as hell to have a character with prostitute as primary class. Prostitute/healer? Seriously laughing over here.

---- edit

Prostitute Assassin!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Haji posted:

Prostitute Assassin!

Sexecutioner!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Das Gray posted:

I hope there will be a respected love buff officer to monitor any incidents where Goon A refuses to open up for Goon B and provide and wield justice appropriately. Furthermore I hope to see that after Goon A eventually does open up the SSO (slut shaming officer) steps up to remind Goon A how gnarley they are. I dream a dream.

rape officers are not a good idea no matter what cute name you give them you weirdo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Four Score posted:

rape officers are not a good idea no matter what cute name you give them you weirdo

It wouldn't work anyway. Sex is a cooperative minigame. If one guy just lays there like a dead fish and doesn't put any effort into it you won't get the sex buff. You'll get the Bad Sex Debuff. Yes, that is a real thing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Haji posted:

OMG, this sounds terrible and awesome at the same time. It would be amusing as hell to have a character with prostitute as primary class. Prostitute/healer? Seriously laughing over here.

---- edit

Prostitute Assassin!

Star Wars Galaxies came really really close. They had erotic dancers as a primary class.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I want to be a fecomancer.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
LF1M Sex Nurse, no Half Orcs plz

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
human centipede is a raid buff

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

midnightclimax posted:

human centipede is a raid buff

Stack caps at 5

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

neonbregna posted:

I think the shame of taking anything that happens in a video game seriously is worse.

Will you sell me your rear end virginity? I really need that permanent +1% HP bonus it confers. I'll trade you an ornate bronze dagger that took two weeks for me to week.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Zaphod42 posted:

Star Wars Galaxies came really really close. They had erotic dancers as a primary class.

You could also go Commando.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

Rough Lobster posted:

Will you sell me your rear end virginity? I really need that permanent +1% HP bonus it confers. I'll trade you an ornate bronze dagger that took two weeks for me to week.

Ever since the virginity duping exploit the last patch caused the market's really tanked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj

Bieeardo posted:

Sexecutioner!

I'm sexecuting you!

• Locked thread