Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I liked Moonlight Blade but just ran out of steam with the language issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
………….……………………. „-/*"\„,„,
…….…………………….Έ„-^"― :\_ / o '"*'"―/' WOOF WOOF
……………………Έ„„-^"― : : : : : : : : Έ„,-~"
**―――'^^~-„„„----~^*'"― : : : : : : : : : :Έ-"
.:.:.:.:.„-^" : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :- GIVE THIS CUTE DOG
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: : : : : : : : : : Έ„-^― TO PEOPLE YOU LOVE
.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. : : : : : : : Έ„„-^―
:.' : : '\ : : : : : : : ;Έ„„-~"―
:.:.:: :"-„""***/*'μΈ'―
:.': : : : :"-„ : : :"\
.:.:.: : : : :" : : : : \,
:.: : : : : : : : : : : : 'Μ
: : : : : : :, : : : : : :/
"-„_::::_„-*__„„~"

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDzhdSdmWeA

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Will be heading out to old goon haunt Jiming Posthouse sometime in the next week, hopefully.

Will be on the lookout for Korean spies and old men teaching kung fu.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Like most Chinese games, MB will start losing traction before a serious publisher picks it up. I wouldn't count on self publishing either.

I will gladly play the game if it comes to the west but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Liberatore posted:

Like most Chinese games, MB will start losing traction before a serious publisher picks it up. I wouldn't count on self publishing either.

I will gladly play the game if it comes to the west but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If ArcheAge could get published despite their bullshit in the other markets, this one certainly should be able to.

I hope I don't live in the version of the universe where that cruel joke happens.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Trion is that cruel joke. They're now publishing a game that was straight up cancelled in its home market.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can anyone remember if Dongfang Bubai was in Wushu and part of the Dongfang Family? Only one I can remember is Dongfang Shiting.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Unguided posted:

Can anyone remember if Dongfang Bubai was in Wushu and part of the Dongfang Family? Only one I can remember is Dongfang Shiting.

Probably? There was a huge Dongfang Villa with a few dozen NPCs, if you recall

E: (my gut tells me he wasn't in the game because I know I've had this conversation before)

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I think Dongfeng Bubai was Lady East in Swordsman. Probably wasn't in wushu.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Username on point with the customerbase!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Chinagame got a publisher in South Korea Nexon, typically the way these deals go, it basically confirms Nexon as the publisher here.

http://2p.com/37284264_1/Moonlight-Blade-New-Trailer-by-censeo91.htm

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
no it doesn't

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I thought we all agreed to let this thread/game die already.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SweetBro posted:

I thought we all agreed to let this thread/game die already.

The thread was less than a month from auto archival and here we are :getin:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wushu can never die when the Jianghu is in your heart

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

Wushu can never die when the Jianghu is in your heart

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
gently caress it, all of you just read Blood and Steel for [my/your] qi blast-less wuxia fix.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://imgur.com/a/KwkKC

Good times.

silentlament
Sep 11, 2001

Your Private Ninja
Looks like they are releasing on iOS and Android

https://m.facebook.com/ageofwushudynasty/

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

silentlament posted:

Looks like they are releasing on iOS and Android

https://m.facebook.com/ageofwushudynasty/

I'm in the closed beta of that. Surprisingly enough, it's pretty well done. Everything's smaller and simplified, and the perspective is fixed, but it has the overt > feint > parry system, flying skills, and open pvp. It does seem like it's going to be even more grindy and pay2win than its pc counterpart though. Once I went through enough of the seemingly endless newbie quests to unlock pvp, I found that I could barely scratch higher level players, even if they were afk.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
This game was badass for awhile. Good times were had!

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
I know it wont be like "Getting the band back together" but If you have this Wushu itch you cant scratch, Age of Wulin is doing rather well. With a single server the population is very stable with roughly 350 VIP in team purchase each week.

The economy is nice, VIP kidnaps still give you a max of 15L 24/7 wherever you sell and they recently tweaked Lingxiao City so that it only need 40 players to start instead of 80. Next expansion in line is "The New World" with the 20+ new sets coming Q1 2016.

Only thing that sucks is the timezone difference. Aside from that you can reap all the pubbies tears you want.

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs
Is Age of Wulin the Chinese version or is it a consolidation of US servers?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Fain80 posted:

Is Age of Wulin the Chinese version or is it a consolidation of US servers?

EU. Still laggy from the states like 180-190ms ping for me so I skipped out :shrug:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

aleksendr posted:

I know it wont be like "Getting the band back together" but If you have this Wushu itch you cant scratch, Age of Wulin is doing rather well. With a single server the population is very stable with roughly 350 VIP in team purchase each week.

The economy is nice, VIP kidnaps still give you a max of 15L 24/7 wherever you sell and they recently tweaked Lingxiao City so that it only need 40 players to start instead of 80. Next expansion in line is "The New World" with the 20+ new sets coming Q1 2016.

Only thing that sucks is the timezone difference. Aside from that you can reap all the pubbies tears you want.

It's the 60 something days of solid playtime to catch back up to get out of the dumpy low level parts that puts me off.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

randombattle posted:

It's the 60 something days of solid playtime to catch back up to get out of the dumpy low level parts that puts me off.

Yeah this too. I abhorred the training/meridian grind and don't seek a repeat.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Wulin is extremely boring at the moment anyway. The remaining players only care about grinding pve content and Webzen obviously doesn't give a poo poo about the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I can't imagine playing Chinagame specifically for the PvE.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I liked the pve. There were some fun quests and stuff.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That one manor with the guestroom was pretty cool, too bad there weren't any other dungeons besides it and the seaside town until the dungeon in the Tangmen area.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

randombattle posted:

I liked the pve. There were some fun quests and stuff.

The best part of Chinagame PvE was the assassin fights. I fondly recall one time where a goon group was fighting the end boss of a dungeon and two goons and myself managed to stall all of the other assassins by attempting to form an array and having someone stand in the wrong place and claiming graphical glitches. I think we kept that charade up for a solid 5 minutes or so while laughing on mumble with the group actually doing the boss.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Assassinations owned and more MMOs should use that in dungeons. I even got a temporary title once for being the previous week's top assassin.

Denarius
Feb 25, 2013
Is there a private server of this yet?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Haquer posted:

The thread was less than a month from auto archival and here we are :getin:
But mom, I want to get off Mr. Snail's Wild Ride.

ponzicar posted:

It does seem like it's going to be even more grindy and pay2win than its pc counterpart though

I refuse to believe that's physically possible.

Zipline
May 9, 2013
The mobile version is out now officially. Echoing the previous sentiment it's actually pretty good, but drat, it's just not the same. It really isn't. It has the mechanics and the overall aesthetic but it all turns to ashes in my mouth. My hopes for Moonlight Blade are high enough that they could pierce the heavens.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Zipline posted:

The mobile version is out now officially. Echoing the previous sentiment it's actually pretty good, but drat, it's just not the same. It really isn't. It has the mechanics and the overall aesthetic but it all turns to ashes in my mouth. My hopes for Moonlight Blade are high enough that they could pierce the heavens.

Moonlight Blade from all accounts seems to be more in line with WoW rather than its own weird niche thing like Wushu :(

Zipline
May 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

Moonlight Blade from all accounts seems to be more in line with WoW rather than its own weird niche thing like Wushu :(

I haven't tried it yet. How do you mean?

Dynasty definitely has the weird niche thing going on. So far every enemy I've fought has been Japanese, a crossdresser, or both.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

Naw moonlight is definitely open wushu style sandbox with carts and events and stuff. It doesn't have the same one character can learn everything in the game but it is a lot more open than wow or blade and soul.

Dynasty seems cool cause you can learn every other style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I haven't played WoW in like a decade so I can't say if it's anything like that. Moonlight is nicely polished and streamlined, has a decent amount of pretty good design decisions, and the combat is relatively fun. But it's not the weird janky thing I think we all, deep down in our hearts, desire. It's more structured than Wushu felt. It was fun for like 2 months but I'd probably have gotten bored sooner if just trying to read something hadn't been a mini-game in itself.

Also while it's not grindy in the conventional sense, I wasn't working or at uni those 2 months and even playing the poo poo out of it I still felt behind the curve. I'm not sure I'd have the time for it anymore.