Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

President Ark posted:

re: birds saying things, this will always be my favorite: https://vine.co/v/OwWeTYmPA7h

I can't tell what he's saying :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
"You wanna fight?"

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
^ Ooh, thanks. I thought it was "wanna play?" or something.

Here's some random pictures from the past few days.

As BirdsTho would say; " (((((0000vvv000))) "

Milly, I am trying to take your picture, don't sit on the camera.

Surveying the scene post bath time

Aw, hi yellowbird, come here!

Damnit, Milly, get off the camera!

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

http://imgur.com/Y93nMyB
Just a couple birbs watching ravens

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

Yep! I believe they said he was cinnamon pied. I wasn't really sold on cockatiels for the longest time but seeing all the :derptiel: posts in this thread did me in. They've got so much personality for such tiny birds! And those cheeeeeeeeks
And when you rub the cheeks right you can make them yawn because of their ear holes (I hope this is an okay thing to do because Judah gets so indignant and I'll feel like an rear end in a top hat if I've been endangering him)

President Ark posted:

re: birds saying things, this will always be my favorite: https://vine.co/v/OwWeTYmPA7h
Would not fight because my loss is guaranteed.

Wrecking Ball posted:

Aw, hi yellowbird, come here!

Damnit, Milly, get off the camera!

It's BUDGIE PARTY CHAOS :3:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

I am too late to suggest hash brown, however might I suggest futzing with your white balance? That is likely what made the above pictures look different from this one:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I never realized cinnamon was such a common mutation. Also probably the worst named mutation since it's just light gray 90% of the time.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Judah is a cinnamon pastelface split to pied, I have no idea why I've kept that memorized for a decade now :3: Which means he's a pretty light gray with this really faint hint of almost rusty/brown, has faded cheeks and a white pied spot on the back of his neck which is his scritching spot.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

So Connie likes to whistle. There's a few notes here and there that have been tickling something in the back of my brain for months. She strung them all together last night, and wha'dya know, it sounded a little like the primary riff from this.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Trebuchet King posted:

So Connie likes to whistle. There's a few notes here and there that have been tickling something in the back of my brain for months. She strung them all together last night, and wha'dya know, it sounded a little like the primary riff from this.
Oh man that's great

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trebuchet King posted:

I'm trying to convince myself that one of the reasons I'm NOT GETTING A BIRD RIGHT THE F* NOW is because I don't want the Stargate SG-1 theme ruined by it constantly whistling it, but my heart of hearts knows I would melt every time I hear it.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Are macaws known for being derpy? I was talking to one in a cage at the pet store and he kept trying to climb on the roof of his cage and not being able to do it and hanging by his beak.

I didn't realise just how massive they are, bigger than any of the cockatoos I've been near recently.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Are macaws known for being derpy? I was talking to one in a cage at the pet store and he kept trying to climb on the roof of his cage and not being able to do it and hanging by his beak.

I didn't realise just how massive they are, bigger than any of the cockatoos I've been near recently.
All of the macaws I've been near have been giant goofuses. Like kids who want to yell and climb on everything and clown around for attention :3: I think I've only really seen younger ones though, except for the hyacinth (who just wanted to tongue-kiss my ear for half an hour), so I don't know how common that is altogether. They're a bird that's high on my "have a friend who has one, do not have one yourself" list because they're really fun to play with.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Caught birb headbanging.

Also chewing on the food trough.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha his beak looks like he's been face-deep in a bag of Cheetos. Goonbirb.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Thread warning, I finally have access to my laptop again+camera so prepare for photodump

Tendai posted:

And when you rub the cheeks right you can make them yawn because of their ear holes (I hope this is an okay thing to do because Judah gets so indignant and I'll feel like an rear end in a top hat if I've been endangering him)

Don't worry it's a 100% safe and cute way to annoy your birb

Wrecking Ball posted:

Surveying the scene post bath time

That patch of blue on yellowBirb's back looks really nice, especially against those white flight feathers

nielsm posted:

Caught birb headbanging.

Was she singing or just happy with the world when doing it?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Battle Pigeon posted:

Was she singing or just happy with the world when doing it?

Sorry. I lied. Not actually headbanging, just caught a photo just as she was nodding downwards (to reconfirm whether my monitor might have become edible within the last 10 seconds.)

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Taken at various points over the weeks, sorry for the blurred ones

Ohtori

Persuaded him to don a hat

Pet me

It wasn't used by vet so he had no reason to play with it and learn how to solve it, the other day put stuff in and showed him how to get it, about fifteen minutes later he's doing it himself and worked out the upper turning part all by himself

Inko

Kitchen roll fortress. He used to chew off at least one a day, these have all been there since just before vet boarding, dunno what happened

Also has a hat. Plus three toes

Steve

Neither of us seem to know how this happened

I came back from UK trip with a bunch of new bird toys and the only one I've seen him play with is this 5p ring

what happened to your neck

Hyde Park parrots

From the day when we were just rushing through, not when we stopped the next day to feed them

BEST FRIENDS *blerghhh*

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Steve is such a majestic potato.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Battle Pigeon, your birbs are too cute for words!

Battle Pigeon posted:

It wasn't used by vet so he had no reason to play with it and learn how to solve it, the other day put stuff in and showed him how to get it, about fifteen minutes later he's doing it himself and worked out the upper turning part all by himself

What toy is that? My only attempt at a forgaing toy has been met with indifference

I'd like to try some new ones.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Shirec posted:

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Battle Pigeon, your birbs are too cute for words!

What toy is that? My only attempt at a forgaing toy has been met with indifference

I'd like to try some new ones.

It's this: http://www.scarlettsparrotessentials.co.uk/foraging-paddle-wheel

For your one, did they even try to play with it? Could they see the food/know it was in there? Maybe they'd like chewy shredding forage toys instead of acrylic ones?

This one is pretty okay: http://www.scarlettsparrotessentials.co.uk/push-n-pull-forager It has issues with food getting stuck in the small holes, but it's a pretty good easy toy-they can see the food, there's lots of parts to grab, and all they have to do is attack and shake it to get food out. Not how it was meant to work, but it introduces the idea of foraging toys pretty well, stupid birds can still brute force treats out, and maybe one of yours will solve it the "proper" way. Inko has it right now and he's pretty delicate about pulling the parts back and forth.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

BEST FRIENDS *blerghhh*

Steve is my soulmate :allears:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I feel like Ōtori-san has only spared Pending-san because he's smart enough to realize Steve is just dumb and that the Foodbringers might not approve.

Meanwhile Steve looks all "this is a little scary but it's just my best friend and I hanging out!" :derptiel:

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

That absolutely describes Ohtori, he now has three states regarding Steve: try to feed/bone him, complete denial of his existence, and sometimes as an obstacle on the perch on the way to the seed bowl when he manages to get into Steve's cage

To be clear: Ohtori is just sat there regurgitating and trying to feed Pending-san, you can see the food on the side of his bottom beak

It got more heated later (photos are all blurred though) when Steve started to hit Ohtori in the face with his open beak, which as usual did absolutely nothing to stop Ohtori at all

And as usual all Steve had to do was move sideways but nope :derptiel:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Mirthless posted:

welp, skillet was under consideration when I made the thread and this just confirms it, obvious best name choice and this is probably what we're going with

Hooray, I'm being helpful! :zoid:

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Super doofy, yeah. And huge. Everybody forgets about loud, though. I was playing with one that got annoyed that I wouldn't let his bitey rear end on my arm so he could better chew off my buttons/face, so he bellowed at the side of my head from about two feet away. Loudest loving thing I've ever heard in my life, and that includes modern artillery up close.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hello birb friends!

Yesterday, Australian politics... happened. It was very exciting. And then this cartoon... happened.

Enjoy :D

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suntan Boy posted:

Super doofy, yeah. And huge. Everybody forgets about loud, though. I was playing with one that got annoyed that I wouldn't let his bitey rear end on my arm so he could better chew off my buttons/face, so he bellowed at the side of my head from about two feet away. Loudest loving thing I've ever heard in my life, and that includes modern artillery up close.
I was surprised by this too. I guess the few I'd interacted with that were single birds were pretty mellow and didn't make much noise, they were much more physical. Then I went to my first good bird store and they had five or six of them and jesus gently caress the noise. Just joyful bellowing whenever anyone would walk in the store, walk by them, look at them, or exist in vaguely the same space. The only ones I can remember being noticeably quiet from then on are the few hyacinths I've met, who I've never heard make a sound.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hello birb friends!

Yesterday, Australian politics... happened. It was very exciting. And then this cartoon... happened.

Enjoy :D
Ahaha stay gold, Australia. That's fantastic.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
For those who don't get it, our Prime Minister just got booted out 4 days short of 2 years into his first term, he's known for doing this:

budgie smugglers

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tony Abbott, truly a byword for dignity.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Macaws are great at making fart noises (also sounding like a kazoo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuQx9u44VQ

i want a macaw so much

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."

GoldStandardConure posted:

Macaws are great at making fart noises (also sounding like a kazoo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNuQx9u44VQ

oh my GOD :swoon:

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Charlie makes little farting noises whenever he's about to take a nap.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Ritz burps incessantly. Like, all the time, we tell him he's rude and he just burps louder.

Tadhg Dall
Dec 5, 2008

SaNChEzZ posted:

Ritz burps incessantly. Like, all the time, we tell him he's rude and he just burps louder.

Jenkins makes a knuckle cracking sound with his beak whenever he hears a human do it (and also sometimes when he is mad).

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SaNChEzZ posted:

My grey does a gross beer belly burp and then a loud exhaling noise.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

A friend witnessed this today:

I don't even see any (cornpop).

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

SaNChEzZ posted:

This is one of those things where if people didn't look at the thread title they might just think you were talking about your weird-rear end spouses.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Amadeus sometimes says "take your poop" when we're in the bathroom :saddowns:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ya'll have RUDE birds.

The rudest.

(Judah just mocks me when I try to reach things)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Trebuchet King posted:

A friend witnessed this today:

I don't even see any (cornpop).

There is a lady that drives around Vancouver in an old white Jaguar with racing stripes, I think it is an E-Type but I could be mistaken. While she's out driving around she has her Macaw in the car with her. It's awesome.