Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

slowbeef posted:

I think it's actually very dumb. I mean, why go against the consumer base, especially when they did all the market research for you?

I think their reasoning boils down to "we are Nintendo and we can get away with this".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I think their reasoning boils down to "we are Nintendo and we can get away with this".

And given what they've already done with that ContentID stuff on Youtube, that's probably true.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I've been told it's the Japanese branch freaking out and not the US one considering the Nicovideo incidents in the past.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

paradoxGentleman posted:

The sad part is just how hard a bunch of people will bend over backwards to take Nintendo's side on it too. Like guys, I don't think the corporate Goliath that is Nintendo needs your backup, you should probably be supporting your fellow consumers/content creators.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Yardbomb posted:

The sad part is just how hard a bunch of people will bend over backwards to take Nintendo's side on it too. Like guys, I don't think the corporate Goliath that is Nintendo needs your backup, you should probably be supporting your fellow consumers/content creators.

Which baffles me. I would have expected more folks to respond to Nintendo with an extended middle finger, followed by a silent boycott of their products.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yardbomb posted:

This has nothing to do with consumer rights. It's entirely about cash flow.It could be equally argued that if the so-called content creators cared about consumers, they would be more than happy to make videos without monetary compensation. They aren't, meaning they are as much slaves to the public vices as the corporations they claim to police.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

steinrokkan posted:

This has nothing to do with consumer rights. It's entirely about cash flow.It could be equally argued that if the so-called content creators cared about consumers, they would be more than happy to make videos without monetary compensation. They aren't, meaning they are as much slaves to the public vices as the corporations they claim to police.

I can't tell if this post is ironic or not.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

This argument falls apart when they takedown TAS videos rather than just content-ID them, which is now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Let's get back onto PewDiePie for a brief moment here, because it's relevant to Something Awful. He played Shower With Your Dad Simulator We can all watch together and be updated on his persona and video quality and know that this is our fault.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

Let's get back onto PewDiePie for a brief moment here, because it's relevant to Something Awful. He played Shower With Your Dad Simulator We can all watch together and be updated on his persona and video quality and know that this is our fault.

Why the gently caress did I click on this. I interpreted your statement as he played some stupid game called Shower, with a goon called Your Dad Simulator.....

The actual thing is somehow worse.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

BMS posted:

Why the gently caress did I click on this. I interpreted your statement as he played some stupid game called Shower, with a goon called Your Dad Simulator.....

You better not be talking smack about SYWDS 2k15 son.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

BMS posted:

Nah, it's just a fun, goofy game that's made by a goon. Dude who made it has made quite a few little bullshit games, like who about a dog who keeps getting bigger and knocking into poo poo.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 11, 2015

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Niggurath posted:

Nah, it's just a fun, goofy game that's made by a goon. Dude who made it has made quite a few little bullshit games, like who about a dog who keeps getting bigger and knocking into poo poo.

the player has to escape a Reuben sandwich before it is consumed by guy fieri

Ok, I'm sold on this poo poo. That chewing animation is some silky smooth greatness.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Jamesman posted:

So I cut to the middle of the video somewhere. "This is so hard!" he shouts as there are a mere three dads of very different skin color, visible for a very reasonable amount of time for someone with eyes to pay attention and understand where to go immediately before the shower curtain covers them. The dads he picks are on the opposite end of the room of the correct dad.

You'd think he actually dropped out of Kindergarten instead.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Cheez posted:

So I cut to the middle of the video somewhere. "This is so hard!" he shouts as there are a mere three dads of very different skin color, visible for a very reasonable amount of time for someone with eyes to pay attention and understand where to go immediately before the shower curtain covers them. The dads he picks are on the opposite end of the room of the correct dad.

You'd think he actually dropped out of Kindergarten instead.

I haven't watched the video. I get the feeling people don't watch PDP for any semblance of skillful gameplay. Just a series of poor decisions which is being extravagantly rewarded.

So I guess I'm saying PDP is a reality TV series along the lines of Real Housewives of Whogivesafuck except with video games.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

dscruffy1 posted:

I haven't watched the video. I get the feeling people don't watch PDP for any semblance of skillful gameplay. Just a series of poor decisions which is being extravagantly rewarded.

So I guess I'm saying PDP is a reality TV series along the lines of Real Housewives of Whogivesafuck except with video games.

So it's like Hell's Kitchen but instead of the part where people smoke while yelling at each other it's just more of them utterly failing to cook a scallop.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

dijon du jour posted:

It's just more of them utterly failing to cook a scallop.

With how bad some of these people are, it's more like burning the toast on the incompetency level. Their seafood would be a death sentence.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yardbomb posted:

With how bad some of these people are, it's more like burning the toast on the incompetency level. Their seafood would be a death sentence.

DSP wouldn't even get to that point because he'd be waiting for the audience to tell him to plug the toaster in.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Jobbo_Fett posted:

DSP wouldn't even get to that point because he'd be waiting for the audience to tell him to plug the toaster in.

This isn't even loving FAIR! Where are the directions? AUGH WHERE THE gently caress DO I PUT THE BREAD what? In this loving opening? WHAT BULLSHIT IS THAT gently caress this game.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
This invites a valuable question - is regular bread better than burnt toast?

After all, if DSP cannot work the toaster, and thus is forced to prepare a sandwich instead, would it be better than the other competitors' burnt toast?

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
It's funny that we've somehow landed on LPers and their cooking abilities, because DSP totally did not ever make a series that demonstrated his ineptitude in making a sandwich.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

dscruffy1 posted:

This isn't even loving FAIR! Where are the directions? AUGH WHERE THE gently caress DO I PUT THE BREAD what? In this loving opening? WHAT BULLSHIT IS THAT gently caress this game.

DSP Plays: I Am Bread

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

"Where the gently caress does the bread go after I put it in the toaster and the toast comes out?!"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Found another person/group that's re-uploading some of my content. This time taking just the audio from one of my series and hosting in on their site.

At least they're not trying to monetize it like the last person but still. :unsmith:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Is it the EVE stuff? No offense meant, but your LP's seem to be pretty niche.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

It being niche doesn't really matter. Re-uploading somebody else's poo poo is kinda lovely if you don't at least get permission first.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Golden Goat posted:

It being niche doesn't really matter. Re-uploading somebody else's poo poo is kinda lovely if you don't at least get permission first.

No, I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together so therefore I own your stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jsor posted:

No, I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together so therefore I own your stuff.
You are now the proud owner of all my sick 360 no scope videos and my crippling paranoia that somebody somewhere is uploading my stuff.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Golden Goat posted:

I didn't mean it that way; any time someone tries to pass off someone else's work as their own, it's lovely. I just meant that I was having trouble identifying a motive for it. Usually when people plagiarize, it's because they expect to benefit from it in some way.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keeshhound posted:

Yeah its the EVE stuff I do outside of the LPs. It's really dumb/silly. I told the person to stop nicely and to just embed the videos on the site they're putting this sort of stuff on so hopefully they will.

Edit - EVE players have unironically used DMCA takedowns against people they dislike/are at war with. It's super petty.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 14, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Arin and Suzy are doing a playthrough of MGS 5 on Game Grumps and one of the first things Arin said was that he was gonna do all the side ops. Here comes a 500,000 part playthrough good lord :captainpop:

edit: Speaking of which I love episodes that feature the both of them because they're such a cute couple, it's adorable :allears:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 14, 2015

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Arin and Suzy are doing a playthrough of MGS 5 on Game Grumps and one of the first things Arin said was that he was gonna do all the side ops. Here comes a 500,000 part playthrough good lord :captainpop:

Nah they're just gonna do three episodes and abandon it like they do all their playthroughs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

edit: Speaking of which I love episodes that feature the both of them because they're such a cute couple, it's adorable :allears:

Isn't there something like 150+ Side Ops and many of them are just repeats of past ones in different locations and slightly different enemy setups?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

Isn't there something like 150+ Side Ops and many of them are just repeats of past ones in different locations and slightly different enemy setups?

157, last I checked. And yes.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

If you want cute couples playing games I have to recommend LovelyMomo, Northernlion's wife. Her solo playthroughs I rarely find interesting but she and her husband really bring out the best in each other.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Everyone knows the cutest LP couple is DSP and PandaLee.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Do Chip & Ironicus count as a cute couple?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm sure it does in someone's weird rear end slash-fic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

chitoryu12 posted:

The cutest couple.

• Locked thread