Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Persona 2 is worth crawling through for the story and characters,

The game play isn't horrible but definitely is dated. Innocent sin then eternal punishment.

Also can we just get a p5 date already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, now shut up and dance all night

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

SectumSempra posted:

Persona 2 is worth crawling through for the story and characters,

The game play isn't horrible but definitely is dated. Innocent sin then eternal punishment.

Also can we just get a p5 date already?

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

it seems more like his bag is comedy, not dramatic stuff. The comedy in the P4 anime was pretty good, I liked the gags with the delivery girl.

:agreed:

The anime was largely lame and filled with distractingly bad art/animation, but three or four jokes were terminator-2-exploding-skeleton-hanging-onto-fence.gif - I had to switch back and forth between languages and subtitles just to see if they were equally amazing across all versions.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

We have 109 days left this yeah. I need something a lil more specific

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
109 Days? THAT'S TOMORROW

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

It's my anime and I need it now!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kishi is really funny but for some reason no one notices and makes him direct shows that aren't comedies.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
i think P5 will come out

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hivac posted:

i think P5 will come out

It's gonna come out... of the closet!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hope I can be gay as hell in 5.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It is baffling that they took Devil Survivor 2, pretty much the goofiest game under the SMT banner, and tried to make a grimdark murderfest out of it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Policenaut posted:

This is what I really need in a jrpg recently to be honest.

I can understand not dating a party member but there should at least be social links.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

It is baffling that they took Devil Survivor 2, pretty much the goofiest game under the SMT banner, and tried to make a grimdark murderfest out of it.

Well, in theory DS2 is a grimdark murderfest where half your cast can die.

It's just the game is so easy that you'll never lose anyone except MAYBE Keita.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Same. Would also like to be a girl but anime cutscenes probably prevent that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ImpAtom posted:

Well, in theory DS2 is a grimdark murderfest where half your cast can die.

It's just the game is so easy that you'll never lose anyone except MAYBE Keita.
The power to teleport half way across the map to neutralize demons before they get anywhere near their targets is great.

Also being able to hit things four spaces away from you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A Persona 1 and 2 anime would rock. They should be done in the style of thoese 80s and 90s horror OVAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6HIFaGdaU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I see that and all I can remember is the original Megami Tensei starring "Rocky".

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

SectumSempra posted:

We have 109 days left this yeah. I need something a lil more specific

That's not a lot of time to market a game during the busiest gaming release schedule of the year (in the West). We shall hopefully see Japanese release date sometime this week.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do they really have to market Persona 5? I mean I figure that everyone who is going to buy Persona 5 is already aware of it and will buy it regardless of marketing or whatever. You're not going to hook the normies with a couple of TV spots.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Do they really have to market Persona 5? I mean I figure that everyone who is going to buy Persona 5 is already aware of it and will buy it regardless of marketing or whatever. You're not going to hook the normies with a couple of TV spots.

Yes. Absolutely you have to. Whenever something is put out with minimal marketing people forget about it. Whenever a game gets under marketed, without fail, you have someone wander into the thread and go "why didn't they market this better, I'm a fan and I didn't even know it was coming out!"

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

projecthalaxy posted:

Earthbound had no marketing whatsoever and it sold like ten copies at launch

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excels posted:

Earthbound had no marketing whatsoever and it sold like ten copies at launch

More like it had anti-marketing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marketing does not exist because low-key games need it, it exists to not only keep people aware of your product, but to inform other potential buyers of your product. Call of Duty is marketed to hell and back despite being one of the most lucrative game franchises out there. Does it need marketing? Yes it does, because beyond the fact you want to incite potential buyers, you want to keep it in people's minds even after release.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
My guess is they announce the release date for Japan and maybe the US at the end of the Stream. I feel like Atlus USA is probably already working on P5, and I would not be terribly surprised if they aim for Japan and US release date in December. I don't think that really puts a crunch on them marketing wise because its not like they need months of buildup and they are not going to be buying any TV spots in the US anyways.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Atlus, bless me with a December release date please and thank you

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 4 got announced in March with a July release date, so December wouldn't be out of the question. Whatever we see this week will be the near final game.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Poonerman posted:

Atlus, bless me with a December release date please and thank you

It's gonna happen.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

2 0 1 5

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

They just don't want to spoil the reveal that you actually play as adachi in the final game and the trailers up to now have been a ruse

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ruggington posted:

They just don't want to spoil the reveal that you actually play as adachi in the final game and the trailers up to now have been a ruse

Also the supposed MC is just Narukami in an elaborate disguise

P5 = P4

You are a slave to the Inaba-Industrial complex

Wake up America

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

A Persona 1 and 2 anime would rock. They should be done in the style of thoese 80s and 90s horror OVAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6HIFaGdaU

Never seen this before. Cool.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ruggington posted:

ah yes, the raiden method

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Please look forward to persona 5 revengeance

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ruggington posted:

Please look forward to persona 5 revengeance

Would play the hell outta this.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
No TGS stuff?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Atlus has a dedicated 3-day Persona blitz this week.

quote:

Persona

■ Official TGS Live Stream: nicovideo.jp

■ Schedule

September 17

20:00 – Countdown program begins.
21:00 – Broadcast begins. Featuring voice actress Tomomi Isomura and freelance writer Mafia Kajita.
22:00 – Lotus Juice’s Backside of the TV Radio. A radio-style music web program featuring Lotus Juice where listeners can enjoy the music of the Persona series.

September 18

Various Persona-related contents planned.

September 19

10:00 to 14:00 – Countdown from the Makuhari Messe at the Tokyo Game Show.
14:30 to 15:30 – Atlus Presents Persona Special stage – In addition to a mini-concert featuring popular Persona artists Kawamura Yumi, Lotus Juice, Hirata Shihoko, and DJ Waka, the stage will also be a talk show featuring the Persona Stalker Club’s Tomomi Isomura and Mafia Kajita.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nothing about Persona 5 at the Sony conference, but Atlus has their own thing later on in the week so that'll probably be it

E: yeah, that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wish my name was Mafia Kajita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Endorph posted:

I wish my name was Mafia Kajita.

It can be. You just gotta believe