Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I finally come back to this poo poo game, Spend like 6 hours top fragging casual matches to get rank 3, play 1 MM Match, and drop 40 and carry my team to a tie and then get a rank.... Of 4 star nova?! What the gently caress kind of poo poo is this, I was a double AK when I quit finally on the cusp of regretting my DMG rank.

I hate this loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Jeza posted:

Like it or loathe it, there are no more shoe in rounds in CS and it is a better game for it.

i seriously disagree, teams that could pull off winning eco rounds against good teams in 1.6 had an obvious amount of skill

nowadays winning an eco round is basically "buy five-seven and spam all twenty bullets until you win" which is loving stupid

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nah, CS has never been as good as it is right now and the AK/m4/awp trifecta being less dominant is a part of that

Is that the case? I ask only because I'm used to slam picking an AK/M4 everytime from the 1.6 days.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

deep impact on vhs posted:

i seriously disagree, teams that could pull off winning eco rounds against good teams in 1.6 had an obvious amount of skill

nowadays winning an eco round is basically "buy five-seven and spam all twenty bullets until you win" which is loving stupid

In 1.6 the USP was a great gun and could decimate a team that was rushing if you hit domes: case in point go watch the Ruination 1.6 video.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nah, CS has never been as good as it is right now and the AK/m4/awp trifecta being less dominant is a part of that

Scout needs a huge nerf.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

iNteg posted:

In 1.6 the USP was a great gun and could decimate a team that was rushing if you hit domes: case in point go watch the Ruination 1.6 video.

it also didn't have the lack of recoil that the five-seven has

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ramagamma posted:

Is that the case? I ask only because I'm used to slam picking an AK/M4 everytime from the 1.6 days.

Refer to Jeza's post on the last page. They're still the best all around guns, they're just not the only option and you have several other fun guns that are good and can actually be situationally great. The game is richer for it

There was some HLTV post about second round/force buy statistics after katowice, and while you're boosting your percentages by buying a good pistol and some armor vs guns, the team that is bought up is still far more likely to win if they don't gently caress up and play proper anti-eco. I suspect your chances of pulling out a forced win are a bit better in matchmaking, but the same principle applies.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 14, 2015

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jeza posted:

Not every weapon has to be viable, but introducing more weapons into the pool makes the game more interesting to play and watch. Like it or loathe it, there are no more shoe in rounds in CS and it is a better game for it.

this, though full-save rounds still commonly happen and are still pretty much utterly futile and are a total bore to watch/play. I don't understand how you can see those 3rd round full saves and wish that that's what happened on the 2nd round and every other "save" round too just because that's what happened in 1.6 and you hate change. Winning this pistol round should not just automatically give you a 3-0 lead in a 15 round half. That's a lovely system.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
i mean the five-seven will kill people as quickly as you can tap mouse1, with almost zero recoil

with the usp in 1.6 you actually had to work at tapping so that your bullets weren't going over someone's head

real dilemma posted:

this, though full-save rounds still commonly happen and are still pretty much utterly futile and are a total bore to watch/play. I don't understand how you can see those 3rd round full saves and wish that that's what happened on the 2nd round and every other "save" round too just because that's what happened in 1.6 and you hate change. Winning this pistol round should not just automatically give you a 3-0 lead in a 15 round half. That's a lovely system.

lol not even gonna address this trainwreck of a post

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The scout is a good gun that works well when you get tired of sneaking up behind the other team, taking careful aim at heads of moving targets about 40' away and missing six loving times in a row with the ak

Christ I hate that weapon now

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
this game is stupid as hell because the silenced m4 is still a completely different loving weapon instead of an m4 with a removable silencer

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If you use anything abnormal during gun rounds (e.g. shotguns, SMGs beyond the p90, auto) I will resent you for the rest of the match.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

symbolic posted:

If you use anything abnormal during gun rounds (e.g. shotguns, SMGs beyond the p90, auto) I will resent you for the rest of the match.

The p90 and g3 are almost as funny as the hate generated when you kill someone with one

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

this game is stupid as hell because the silenced m4 is still a completely different loving weapon instead of an m4 with a removable silencer

If you're unable to adapt to the changes made since 1.6, have you considered going back to playing a dead game no-one cares about anymore instead of crying about how the new one isn't exactly like the old one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

flakeloaf posted:

The p90 and g3 are almost as funny as the hate generated when you kill someone with one
I will admit I fall victim to that (G3 down Dust 2 mid is always fun) but I hate myself for it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

symbolic posted:

I will admit I fall victim to that (G3 down Dust 2 mid is always fun) but I hate myself for it.

It's not d2 unless seven people are all facing down mid with scopes. It's not Saturday unless at least four of these people are strafing back and forth so nobody else can see or hit poo poo.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

lol not even gonna address this trainwreck of a post

thank you for your condescension, I played 1.6 too and I guess I just don't miss it nearly as much as you do. People hold onto the opinion that the winner of the pistol round is entitled to an easy win in the 2nd round; Valve decided that shouldn't be the case so maybe you should accept the change? Pistols could use some tweaking (not being 1shot hs kills would be a good start I think) but being able to put together a reasonably competitive buy on $1500 is NOT a bad thing, not competitively speaking and certainly not from a spectator's standpoint. Winning force buy rounds is still not "easy" and you have to be smart about getting the right engagements for the weapons you have (which a lot of times relies on your opponents making mistakes). Managing economy is super important in csgo, more so than it was in 1.6, and whitewashing the next 2 rounds after winning pistol would be a disaster for the pistol round loser, economically speaking, and would play a huge role in how the rest of the half goes. If you watched any of the VP/TSM games over the weekend, it was super obvious that once VP got the economic advantage on the CT side and bought full utility, they were virtually unstoppable.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bohemian Nights posted:

If you're unable to adapt to the changes made since 1.6, have you considered going back to playing a dead game no-one cares about anymore instead of crying about how the new one isn't exactly like the old one

I already play Starcraft :D

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Ramagamma posted:

I already play Starcraft :D

Better disconnect your computer from the internet, I hear they do horrible things like automatically update your client these days

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I watched a lot of pro 1.6 a decade ago and have just come back to watching Go recently and it's amazing how much better it is now as a casual spectator event now.

Casting helps a lot, but the much more involved money management and viability of force-buys is the biggest improvement. In the old days it was pretty much buy an M4/Ak/AWP if you can, otherwise buy nothing.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm happy to agree that pistols are unbalanced and have been for a long time, mostly because their running accuracy is off the chain, and their OHK with a headshot through armour is still mostly broken.

Still, the MP7 is hardly a game changer or a replacement for a rifle, and the scout is a cool gambling reward for getting a kill on pistol round (or saving $300, but why would you do that). There are still aspects of 1.6 I'd prefer to see in CS:GO, but the staid "meta" of lose pistol and then full double-eco is not one of them. I even think the deagle from Source, broken as it was, contributed positively to the way games panned out.

You should really rarely find yourself getting cheesed by a jumping no armour scout, it's not a big deal. I want them to keep it, but make it physically possible to actually tag them in mid-air, because currently it sucks rear end.

If you're just starting CS:GO (may be wrong, not seen you post here before), be prepared to not be as good as you were in 1.6 for a while. The adjustment period is quite a while, and until then I'd expect to get killed in all manner of retarded ways that a) wouldn't have happened in 1.6, but also b) won't kill you in GO either once you adapt.

edit: sorry, apart from running getting running Tek 9 killed. Yeah that will happen forever and not stop, and you can't do poo poo about it. The game is inherently balanced because you can abuse it too! Yessssss

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeza posted:

If you're just starting CS:GO (may be wrong, not seen you post here before), be prepared to not be as good as you were in 1.6 for a while. The adjustment period is quite a while, and until then I'd expect to get killed in all manner of retarded ways that a) wouldn't have happened in 1.6, but also b) won't kill you in GO either once you adapt.

I dunno, I averaged about 1 kill every 4 deaths back when I played 1.6 but I've had a few storming games on CS:Go though.

Then again I'm playing against people who go full auto with an AK from 100 feet away and strafe round corners like it was Quake 3 so I can't really claim I'm hot poo poo yet :D

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Bohemian Nights posted:

being able to adapt is not the same as appreciating or otherwise accepting the changes being made

i can and have fully adapted but i still think there's a ton of stupid poo poo in this game that seems to cater to braindead playstyles; jump scouting, no-recoil eco round pistols (both tec9 and five-seven) for example

i've logged at least 1000 hours in this game since beta, so i'm definitely not new to the game

i can still excel as i did in 1.6 but not at all in the same ways, since i always seem to come up against the one player who's content to come screaming around a corner in some completely random and unintelligent way and get slaughtered

for example holding angles still seems completely impossible in csgo; to even have a chance at getting a frag i need to hold some really stupid angle or just not even bother trying

i can't really put my finger on it but it just seems like player models just ice skate right in front of me and next thing i know i'm clicking through teammates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAN2NpuDTtM&t=168s

from 1.5 but still a fitting example of what i mean

RISCy Business fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 14, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

iNteg posted:

I finally come back to this poo poo game, Spend like 6 hours top fragging casual matches to get rank 3, play 1 MM Match, and drop 40 and carry my team to a tie and then get a rank.... Of 4 star nova?! What the gently caress kind of poo poo is this, I was a double AK when I quit finally on the cusp of regretting my DMG rank.

I hate this loving game.

If you keep playing MM you'll rank up really fast

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like playing this game. Last night I was playing with a couple friends and the other team won pistol. I got a couple kills with the p250 and they were laughing at the guys I killed, then they kicked them. Then proceeded to kick everyone else on the team until there was one guy left. So we start loving around and the other two guys on our team start yelling about how they're trying to derank and asking us to kick them, then one starts shooting us until he's banned for damage. The other dude just follows me around trying to jump in front of my shots because we're not kicking him. Then he manages to get a ban somehow for killing himself over and over. So we just knife with the other guy until it's over.

It's a good game.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anyone know of a map which allows you to practice sniping against bots. I'm thinking Dust 2 for example. From T side you watch doors and it constantly has bots running past double doors. Has a Ct @ goose watching long A, someone hidden in the back of B etc. These are mostly reaction shots when taking the corners or getting good at timing as with the dbl doors.

Or, if there isn't anything like this. Suggestions on improving my sniping skill. I'm terrible with the awp it's slow and feels heavy. The scout I like because I can take pop shots and it's more 'rifle' like. Perhaps I just need to spend more time with these and learn them in their own way.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

iNteg posted:

I hate this loving game.

You're so good bro... sign mah mousepad...

stump collector
May 28, 2007
silent puppy fart placed into LE if that makes you feel better

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

sterster posted:

Anyone know of a map which allows you to practice sniping against bots. I'm thinking Dust 2 for example. From T side you watch doors and it constantly has bots running past double doors. Has a Ct @ goose watching long A, someone hidden in the back of B etc. These are mostly reaction shots when taking the corners or getting good at timing as with the dbl doors.

Or, if there isn't anything like this. Suggestions on improving my sniping skill. I'm terrible with the awp it's slow and feels heavy. The scout I like because I can take pop shots and it's more 'rifle' like. Perhaps I just need to spend more time with these and learn them in their own way.

This is a map I';ve been using to practice double doors. It has bots constantly run past, you can change their speeds.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=285709994&searchtext=double+doors

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

symbolic posted:

The MP9 is legit amazing. $1250 to buy, earns $600 for a kill and is deadly at short to mid ranges. I'll even keep it past round 3 when playing MM.
If you can pull of one of the rushes that people don't really expect with it, even better

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
im surprised at the amount of people who absolutely loathe every facet of this game yet put in a thousand hours in it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also having 2 rounds be complete certain wins afte pistol is retarded

pistols should be fixed first though (running accuracy and insane low recoil) then you can work with that as a base to make the 2 rounds following a pistol round loss fairer, but not easy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Random question: is deathmatch also kind of grouped by skill rank or is the distribution completely random?

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

UMP master race imo

pistols being viable if you're good at picking/forcing your engagements is the best thing that happened to this game; tec-9 and five seven are too strong when running but I'll take this over the halcyon days of CTs hiding for two rounds so the Ts can't get money for kills zzzz

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 14, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

dex_sda posted:

UMP master race imo

:agreed:

Someone convince me why I should buy the Mp9 (or the mp7) over the UMP in anti-eco, that thing is like a super ugly stubby assault rifle, I love it

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Capt. Sticl posted:

Random question: is deathmatch also kind of grouped by skill rank or is the distribution completely random?

The valve deathmatch seems to be entirely populated by retards. If you play using the server browser freeforall (ffa)deathmatch or some aim map like redline its better.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ArfJason posted:

pistols should be fixed first though (running accuracy and insane low recoil) then you can work with that as a base to make the 2 rounds following a pistol round loss fairer, but not easy.

I think that's the biggest thing most people can agree on, running accuracy is absurd right now across the board and it's baffling that absolutely nothing has been to correct it

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

im surprised at the amount of people who absolutely loathe every facet of this game yet put in a thousand hours in it

You should see the dota 2 thread

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

ArfJason posted:

i don't hate every part of the game at all

i have a lot of minor things i would like fixed that either don't belong in cs or are completely broken

also if you bait your team to go for ninja defuses i hate you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

:agreed:

Someone convince me why I should buy the Mp9 (or the mp7) over the UMP in anti-eco, that thing is like a super ugly stubby assault rifle, I love it

I buy it on force ups instead of the famas too

• Locked thread