Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Xenophon posted:

Meanwhile Jindal is...quintrumpling down? on his latest attention-whoring strategy:

vvvv I'm totally fine with Hillary, but I do love that man

fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ugh, those nails are horrible.

These, on the other hand...

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Bernie @ Liberty live now

http://liberty-university.churchonline.org/

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol

quote:

Vanillite: Milky, white, and flavorless.

Vanillish: The direct result of an organization really struggling for new ideas.

Vanilluxe: The third iteration of something you just saw two times before.

e: bwhahaha jindel is digimon

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Huge (yooge?) cheers at Liberty U for women's rights. Larger cheers for gay rights.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Huge (yooge?) cheers at Liberty U for women's rights. Larger cheers for gay rights.

i think that was just the bernie supporters in the first couple of rows, when the whole crowd cheers its much deeper

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Jesus Christ the Jindal one :laffo:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

It's frustrating to see complaints like this about "Bernie supporters" or "Hillary supporters" or "D&D posters" or some other nebulous group who they think is behaving poorly rather than responding to the actual posts they disagree with.

It works well enough in the Senate :colbert:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Bernie Sanders on racism:

quote:

... Police officers are good, hardworking people...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Good, hardworking cops have nothing to hide if they aren't doing anything wrong.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Bernie getting prayed on .

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
So when is CNN going to respond one way or another to Trump's requests that their debate profits go to charities that support veterans?

Bonus Bernie twitter pic from Liberty U:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

Bernie getting prayed on .

I'm glad prayers don't really work because half the audience was probably praying, "Please God kill him for the sake of the unborn babies"

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Xenophon posted:

So when is CNN going to respond one way or another to Trump's requests that their debate profits go to charities that support veterans?

Bonus Bernie twitter pic from Liberty U:

Isn't Liberty U the school that requires students to attend political speeches?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Bernie said "This nation was founded on racist principles."

Campaign over. It's been fun. You're nuts if you think he's not going to get pilloried to death on that one.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Arnold Schwarzenegger will be the new host of Celebrity Apprentice.

Amazingly, they found someone with both more acting and political experience than Trump.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pathetic little tramp posted:

Campaign over. It's been fun. You're nuts if you think he's not going to get pilloried to death on that one.

*record scratch* *spittake* What?!

Joementum posted:

Amazingly, they found someone with both more acting and political experience than Trump.

That is absolutely the best possible choice. Pangloss was right! We are in the best timeline. :allears:

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

There is no proof the 3/5 compromise ever existed

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Oh no, a nation of ethnic slavery might have been racist? What...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

"You're Terminated!"

This stuff writes it self folks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

"You're Terminated!"

You won't be bach

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NotWearingPants posted:

You won't be bach

No, that's his line when judging America's Got Talent.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

"You're Terminated!"

ANNOUNCER: Now that the third contestant has been eliminated, there are just two more...

ARNOLD: IT'S NOT A TUMOR!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

A question as an outsider. Reading about American history, it looks evident to me that your nation was indeed founded on racist principles (native American eradication + slavery). And it took a long time, effort, blood, war and death for USA to (for the most part) overcome those principles and evolve into a democratic society.

When you say he is going to get pilloried (great word, didn't know that till now) to death on that one, you mean that the American base is going to condemn him for stating what I deem obvious, or that he is going to get barbecued for it by people that...are actually racists (like most of the GOP candidates) ?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

To further grind Trump's gears Arnold could use "Hasta la vista".

NBC killed it on this one.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tir McDohl posted:

generally the truth and the political truth are pretty far apart from each other

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Our several genocidal campaigns against the natives were to secure a future for every child, not just the white ones

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Boomstick Quaid posted:

There is no proof the 3/5 compromise ever existed

Tir McDohl posted:

Hey, don't forget about the Native Americans, just ask the guy on the $20 dollar bill.

Seriously, it took until the 1930's 1975 for the US government to come up with the brilliant policy of "leave them the gently caress alone, let them do their own thing" for the people who were living here since before this nation was founded.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Our several genocidal campaigns against the natives were to secure a future for every child, not just the white ones

Hey we put their kids through some very nice schools too, thank you much. :colbert:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Speaking of racist beginnings, I'm actually getting worried about this loud racist fervour that trump is whipping up in America

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Dante80 posted:

A question as an outsider. Reading about American history, it looks evident to me that your nation was indeed founded on racist principles (native American eradication + slavery). And it took a long time, effort, blood, war and death for USA to (for the most part) overcome those principles and evolve into a democratic society.

When you say he is going to get pilloried (great word, didn't know that till now) to death on that one, you mean that the American base is going to condemn him for stating what I deem obvious, or that he is going to get barbecued for it by people that...are actually racists (like most of the GOP candidates) ?

the founding leaders of the united states are basically treated as demigods. pretending they were anything other than perfect is blasphemy.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hey we put their kids through some very nice schools too, thank you much. :colbert:

And gave them blankets to keep them warm.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dante80 posted:

It's not really hard to see that the US was founded on racist principles. It was also founded with certain economic interests in mind, mainly with regard to protecting the rights of wealthier landowners. However, the average American becomes extremely uncomfortable when you bring these things up, because a) it makes it clear that we didn't start on a fair playing field, and b) it implies that there are ongoing issues that still exist that weren't magically solved when the slaves were freed. There are actual racists that will be turned off by Sanders saying this, but they probably already disliked him, so there's no great loss there. The concern, I think, is rather that the narrative will become "Sanders says were all racists who live in a country founded on slavery," which makes everyone feel bad and uncomfortable while also sounding kind of unpatriotic, despite being true.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "Are they really escaping tyranny, are they escaping poverty, or are they really just coming because we've got cable TV? I don't meant to be trite. I'm just saying: We don't know." ~ Mike Huckabee, on Syrian refugees.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "Are they really escaping tyranny, are they escaping poverty, or are they really just coming because we've got cable TV? I don't meant to be trite. I'm just saying: We don't know." ~ Mike Huckabee, on Syrian refugees.
The True Christian, everyone.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Zelder posted:

Speaking of racist beginnings, I'm actually getting worried about this loud racist fervour that trump is whipping up in America

Once he wins the nomination he's going to backtrack on all that.

Isn't that the republican presidential problem? Appealing to republicans to get the nomination without disgusting the majority of the population you need to win the general?

Trump's the guy that doesn't have to hold back in the primary because he'll just say he was misinterpreted once he wins the nomination and he won't have time to deal with losers bringing up that nonsense because he is busy making America Great Again.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NotWearingPants posted:

And gave them blankets to keep them warm.

Ils te feront des bruns manteaux
Où tu pourras dormir

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ehh, that was a wince line but the campaign is early days and He's not the leader in the media narrative. That would be a damning line for Hillary but Bernie may be able to weather it, we'll see.

Edit: to be clear, I think the media wants a horse race and everyone but Hillary wants Bernie challenging Hillary right now, even Republicans, so they're less likely to give him the full you didn't build that treatment.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Anything Bernie does is a campaign ending error. Hrm...

• Locked thread