Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Booblord Zagats posted:

TIE Fighter and its expansion take place between the Battle of Hoth and the Battle of Endor, but there were only a few Defenders, Advanced and Missile Boats available and the Empire saw Zaarin as a much bigger threat than the Rebels so they deployed their best forces against him and a large bulk of reserves against the rebels..

Still doesn't explain why no Assault Gunboats were seen at Endor tho...

gently caress I hate myself

Defenders were around, but they were still in the prototype /development phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

RFC2324 posted:

Defenders were around, but they were still in the prototype /development phase.

Well they were being manufactured, there's a few missions in the Missile Boat where you have to take down the factories pumping them out

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Because the Starwing Assault Gunboat is too good for this world.

CGI Clone Wars is okay for about three seasons before it turns to poo poo and does the Lord of the Rings Gollum routine twice for different characters.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I bet the Defender was like the space F-35. Specced to do everything and therefore terrible at everything, over budget, and years from being actually fieldable in numbers.

So they used the proven, sleek, fast quad-lasered interceptors.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I remember that game gave you Defenders for a few campaigns and then for the last one or two knocked you back down to TIE Advanceds.

I remember being ripshit when I was 11.

God that game was so good.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I just got up to speed on the new animated show Rebels. I have to say I am really impressed, I know Clone Wars was meant to be good. But drat, this was some really well done kid's tv. I watched up as far as the 45 minute special and it managed to turn Darth Vader into a scary motherfucker in the same vein as the Terminator. One character asks "what was that?" after a disastrous battle with him where they get their asses handed to them. It really brought it all back to basics.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lonos Oboe posted:

I just got up to speed on the new animated show Rebels. I have to say I am really impressed, I know Clone Wars was meant to be good. But drat, this was some really well done kid's tv. I watched up as far as the 45 minute special and it managed to turn Darth Vader into a scary motherfucker in the same vein as the Terminator. One character asks "what was that?" after a disastrous battle with him where they get their asses handed to them. It really brought it all back to basics.

Plus it's James Earl Jones doing it again...so Episode III will not be his swansong.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

gfanikf posted:

Plus it's James Earl Jones doing it again...so Episode III will not be his swansong.

:captainpop:

That's actually kind of impressive, since Jones is probably very expensive, and all you need is a stage ham with a scuba rebreather and you wouldn't know the difference.

EDIT: On the TIE Fighter talk, I always enjoyed the Assault Gunboat missions despite it feeling underpowered compared to everything else (even the stock TIE Fighter). Flying the Defender on the other hand felt like I just brought a fire truck to a watergun fight.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 31, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Today marks the release of Star Wars books leading up to the movie. There is already a gay character.

Kinda interested in the in between though but I imagine the books will be poorly written

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQEVgbMqq7o

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm sorry you can't have fun. That "build-a-saber" looks totally fun, especially if you're a kid.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This is only cool if you can attach more light sabers on the bottom.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

5er posted:

That Cartoon Network Star Wars CGI poo poo is to the movies what 'Goosebumps' is to a movie thriller. It's definitely written for kids (though intended to move merchandise a lot quicker than any RL Stine crap). I took in the first few episodes with my son when the series first debuted, and just left it behind for boring. Even my son, who at that age would stay riveted to the tube for dumb poo poo like Ben 10, was preferring to go outside whenever the show would come on after a few more episodes.
Later on I learned they brought back Darth Maul as a half-mechaspider crazy sewer hobo? What the gently caress. Flush it.

Starwars is already scifi goosebumps though

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Young Freud posted:

I'm sorry you can't have fun. That "build-a-saber" looks totally fun, especially if you're a kid.

its still funny, im hoping its in the movie

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
what could possibly make as much money as the superhero wolverines?

Jedi Wolverines.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wars not make one great.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

When you need to peg every mother fucker in the room...

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Disney stores just got the ep7 toys in too. The new tie fighter sucks, I wanted the classic all matte black.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I am liking the new starwars themed sex toys.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

happyhippy posted:

When you need to peg every mother fucker in the room...

I found the DP one

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The red part goes in the dark side

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*makes u a festive lightsaber menorah*

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Otisburg posted:

*makes u a festive lightsaber menorah*

it's canon

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The marvel comics are surprisingly good. The ones focusing on Vader especially.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

death .cab for qt posted:

I found the DP one

The red part goes in the dark side

:golfclap:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
You guys think there was ever a Sith that was just a normal dude? I guess Plageuis was normalish for a Bith, Sheev was mostly normal but had that thing for cloaks and burnt his own face off. Seems like every dark lord of the Sith is some cyber goth, barbarian, hosed up monster,bigass goth miner covered in living crab armor, combination of the 4.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Cyberball 2072 posted:

You guys think there was ever a Sith that was just a normal dude? I guess Plageuis was normalish for a Bith, Sheev was mostly normal but had that thing for cloaks and burnt his own face off. Seems like every dark lord of the Sith is some cyber goth, barbarian, hosed up monster,bigass goth miner covered in living crab armor, combination of the 4.

Darth Tyrannus was just a old-rear end human being without any of that stuff.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Otisburg posted:

Darth Tyrannus was just a old-rear end human being without any of that stuff.

:colbert:
That man was clearly a vampire

Possibly in league with Sauron as well.

I was so full of Mauls and Ventresses I totally forgot about plain rear end Dooku.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Would celebrate the festival of lights with.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

As a kid, I remember seeing a funny short film about Lucas getting all his ideas about star wars during college. I remember him meeting a Leia-like character and later learning she was his sister. Dunno the title, anyone know what this might be called?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Chill la Chill posted:

As a kid, I remember seeing a funny short film about Lucas getting all his ideas about star wars during college. I remember him meeting a Leia-like character and later learning she was his sister. Dunno the title, anyone know what this might be called?

George Lucas in love

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203523/

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Whoa thanks dude! Found it on youtube, that's it! Still better than 99% of the EU like I remembered!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://io9.com/everything-we-know-about-star-wars-post-return-of-the-j-1729549100

looks alright.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm reading Aftermath (the first new-canon book that takes place in the months following RoTJ). The author has been relatively good about keeping the number of pointless references to a minimum, though I've seen Naboo and the Trade Federation names thrown out there so far. He's also better about not having to create ridiculous names for real-world equivalents (you can just say glass, you don't HAVE to say transparisteel - one of the less egregious examples I can come up with off the top of my head from the older books). Overall pretty decent so far, seems to be a lot more focused than some of the older books.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I'm reading Aftermath (the first new-canon book that takes place in the months following RoTJ). The author has been relatively good about keeping the number of pointless references to a minimum, though I've seen Naboo and the Trade Federation names thrown out there so far. He's also better about not having to create ridiculous names for real-world equivalents (you can just say glass, you don't HAVE to say transparisteel - one of the less egregious examples I can come up with off the top of my head from the older books). Overall pretty decent so far, seems to be a lot more focused than some of the older books.

It's also really well done in audio book form.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

drunk asian neighbor posted:

He's also better about not having to create ridiculous names for real-world equivalents (you can just say glass, you don't HAVE to say transparisteel - one of the less egregious examples I can come up with off the top of my head from the older books).

TBH, glass is glass while transparisteel is like transparent steel. It would depend on where it's used, like if one was used describing the material of a bar tumbler or what makes up the windows of a Star Destroyer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Young Freud posted:

TBH, glass is glass while transparisteel is like transparent steel. It would depend on where it's used, like if one was used describing the material of a bar tumbler or what makes up the windows of a Star Destroyer.

Tech Journal nerd spotted.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

Bonus fun fact—The Force Awakens’ Poe Dameron was likely conceived during the celebrations at the end of Return of the Jedi! His parents, Shara Bey and Kes Dameron, both fought in the ground and space battle at Endor and are protagonists in Shattered Empire.

Ah poo poo we have Star Wars baby boomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

There was a guy who ran a successful company and died of old age in bed surrounded by loved ones.

• Locked thread