Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Drakenel posted:

Finally getting off my rear end to clean up adventure mode. Realizing how dull the grind is sometimes. This is my basic call for help at "How do I Ghirahim/Agatha/Wind Waker?"

Ghirahim - He's actually really strong. Against trash mobs, C5 combo (the one with the ground rise/slam at the end) is plenty. Against officers and PCs, often you can land his C1 tether and then run far enough away that they won't even try to block, then do C2-1 (so weak attack then just one press of strong attack) once or twice into C4-2. If you don't have a tether landed and they expose their weakpoint gauge, a simple C2-1 dash weak combo juggle should work to take the WPG out in one go. The full C2-2 might work, too, but I don't recall using it much. On Giant Bosses, you want to tether as soon as you hit them with whatever their item weakness is, then do C4-2 dash C4-2 to break the WPG.

Agitha - Probably the trickiest character. Against trash mobs, the C4 tornado and C5 beetle are pretty okay. Against officers/PCs, your best option depends on what range you're at, what range they're strong at, and how comfortable you are with Agitha. If you're out at the max range of the C5 beetle, you can often do C5 and then press Strong Attack again to hop on the butterfly and instantly fly up to them to go for the Weak Attack x3 butterfly juggle. If you're in more of a midrange, you can try to catch them with the tornado into butterfly ride into the juggle. If you're in close, you can bait an attack to expose their WPG and punish with C2 dash C2 and if you do it right you'll break their WPG.

With butterfly juggles, the key to make them more consistent is to actually cancel your lock-on as soon as she is hopping on the butterfly, if you were locked on to anything at all. The lock-on often makes the latter portions of the butterfly air combo freak out and go in skewed directions, making them much less likely to connect than if you cancel the lock-on and don't change directions throughout the full air combo.

Agitha has no good options against Giant Bosses besides doing C3 beetle summon dash canceled into itself around 4-5 times and then using a Special or two.

Wind Waker - You have several options in crowds of trash mobs. C1 dash into another C1 is often fine, and then you can choose to dash out of it again or to steer the tornado into any pink wind marked enemies that the first C1 created. The C1 tornado is a pretty strong tool when you can hit two pink wind marks, and it can also be detonated with another press of Strong Attack for a decent sized explosion. C3 I think it is (the electrical music notes along the music bar on the ground thing) is really good for building special meter and can often combo into itself at least a couple times, depending on the range you use it at. C5 and C6 are both decent in a crowd but have to be used with care, as they can leave Zelda open to getting smacked at the end.

Against officers/PCs, you can pressure their block with repeated weak strikes or with C3. For actually dealing with their weak points, you have a few options. The first and easiest is simply to use Special (this works with like 95% of the cast). The next easiest is to simply do the weak string and hope you connect enough of it before the WPG goes away, but it's not very consistent. My favorite way to break the WPG with the Baton is to dash in as close as possible and use C1. If you do it right, the initial funnel of tornados will all hit and then the steerable tornado will come out in time to catch them in the air. You then have to steer the tornado so as to keep the enemy in it until the game allows you to detonate it with Strong Attack, which isn't as hard as it probably sounds. If you're lucky, the C1 will mark them with pink wind and the steerable tornado will instantly power up and take out the rest of the WPG, saving you the trouble of steering/detonating it.

I don't recall the Baton having any great options against Giant Boss WPGs, unfortunately.

Edit: If you need more detailed descriptions of their movesets and how they work, Reddit actually has some pretty decent ones, although they don't always have all the best strategies for breaking WPGs down:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2pnqlq/ghirahim_character_guide/
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2pl2zh/agitha_character_guide/
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2qcwqg/zelda_baton_character_guide/

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ghirahim - Against officers and PCs... If you don't have a tether landed and they expose their weakpoint gauge, a simple C2-1 dash weak combo juggle should work to take the WPG out in one go.

C2-1 has almost no recovery on it, you can go right into a new combo without having to dash afterward which means you have less chance of letting the enemy recover. Also if you have all of his WP badges you can just mash Strong Attack during C2 to break a WP, it may be possible with fewer badges but I haven't tested it myself.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I got this game not too long ago and I just beat Legend Mode. Got all the Gold Skulltulas (illustration is missing 3 pieces for some reason) and whatever.

My question is, is any of the DLC worth it? I want to play as Twili Midna, but I don't know if any of the other packs are worth it. Can anyone give me a rundown on them?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Thank you! That's all very helpful.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Vanrushal posted:

C2-1 has almost no recovery on it, you can go right into a new combo without having to dash afterward which means you have less chance of letting the enemy recover. Also if you have all of his WP badges you can just mash Strong Attack during C2 to break a WP, it may be possible with fewer badges but I haven't tested it myself.

Yeah, I figured as much. I couldn't quite remember since it's been ages since I played in general and with Ghirahim in particular. One thing I forgot to mention is if you're already locked-on with his C1 tether, then the C2-1 should break the WPG by itself, if I'm remembering right.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

RickDaedalus posted:

I got this game not too long ago and I just beat Legend Mode. Got all the Gold Skulltulas (illustration is missing 3 pieces for some reason) and whatever.

My question is, is any of the DLC worth it? I want to play as Twili Midna, but I don't know if any of the other packs are worth it. Can anyone give me a rundown on them?

The last three Gold Skulltula are from Hard Mode versions of the first three Legend Mode missions.

For the DLC, check out Adventure Mode. After playing a little of that, if it's your thing, the non-character DLC adds three (two?) new maps. If you do want it, I recommend getting the bundle DLC, you get a shitton of content in characters and all of the Adventure Mode maps.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

RickDaedalus posted:

Master Quest pack- unlocks a new 'weapon' for Link, Epona; she's pretty good and can juggle enemies pretty much infinitely. Adds five new missions to Legend Mode, Cia's Tale, which details Cia's history, though it doesn't add any new Skulltulas or Heart Pieces. Finally, it unlocks the Master Quest Adventure Map; basically a remix of the original Adventure Map, with new types of missions and additional complications. The map contains Heart Pieces and weapon upgrades for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, as well as several costumes and 8-bit weapons for the original cast.

Twilight Princess pack- unlocks a new weapon for Zelda, the Rod of Dominion, which is probably her strongest. Unlocks Twili Midna, who is crazy broken and hella fun. Also unlocks the Twilight Realm Adventure Map, which is intended for characters around level 100+ and crazy hard, and contains several more 8-bit weapons and costumes.

Majora's Mask pack- unlocks two new characters, Young Link and Tingle. Adds the Termina Field Adventure Map, which is intended for characters level 60-80, and features a 'reset' mechanic, where every 72 levels all maps will be re-locked and must be completed again, though this stops after you defeat the final map. As usual, adds new 8-bit weapons and costumes.

Boss Pack- adds the Boss Challenge and Ganon's Rage modes. Beating Ganon's Rage unlocks a (kind of half-assed) Giant Cucco character. Only costs half as much as the others, though it has a lot less content.

There's a few other DLC packs as well, but they're strictly costumes and don't add any playable content. Like Onean said, I'd advise you to play through Adventure Mode for a while, and if you're still having fun, go for the Hero of Hyrule pack, it contains all four of the above packs and gives you a minor discount.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Any word on a release date for the 3ds version? kinda want to play, but my kid monopolizes the wiiu.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Play Hyrule Warriors WiiU with him at 240p.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

tithin posted:

Any word on a release date for the 3ds version? kinda want to play, but my kid monopolizes the wiiu.

Isn't poo poo like this why parents give their kids early bedtimes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If you want to play more Hyrule Warriors, get the pack of the four main dlc. They each add a bunch of scenarios and/or movesets and if you buy one you might as well buy the pack, it's well-priced.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Here's some scans of the new stuff in Legends

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So what all am I looking at here? Confirmation of playable Toon Link, Helmaroc King as a giant boss, and some Wind Waker themed maps?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looks like Toon Link is coming to Wii U too but will we get the Wind Waker map?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Oh man, we're getting Miniblins. I hope they're bringing their lovely voices with them. :allears:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Looks like Windfall, Dragoon Roost and Forsaken Fortress themed WW maps. Yet another playable Link but whatever, Wind Waker need more representation. Miniblins as common mooks and Helmaroc King as the boss is great.
Lana doing poo poo and being a centerpiece of the new story content is not surprising.
I'm not super into having to buy a portable musou game just to get access to the new content.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Dastardly posted:

I'm not super into having to buy a portable musou game just to get access to the new content.

You say that like a portable Musou game isn't worth it in it's own right.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alacron posted:

You say that like a portable Musou game isn't worth it in it's own right.

Not when you've already sunk 100+ hours into HW and just want the new stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Has there been explicit confrontation that the new stuff won't be available as a separate purchase?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No and I'd be surprised if it's not considering the new characters are coming to Wii U.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My guess would be some manner of timed exclusive. Buying Legends gets you the new stuff as soon as you want, separate purchase goes up a few weeks later.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope the new stages make it too, I could see them adding the characters to Wii U but not the stages since they might be more difficult to fit in, whereas you can just plug in a new character to any of the existing stuff. If that happens I'll be pretty bummed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It looks like the Windfall Island will be in the Wii U version judging from picture of Tetra looking surprised on the third scan unless there was another stage with windmills I'm forgetting about.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I wonder if there was going to be an Xtreme Legends expansion like deal to go with the 3DS game until Capcom's lawsuit went down because it really feels like that.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Miniblins are the perfect minion horde.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The GIG posted:

I wonder if there was going to be an Xtreme Legends expansion like deal to go with the 3DS game until Capcom's lawsuit went down because it really feels like that.

What's that all about? First time I hear about this.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a cartoon duck posted:

What's that all about? First time I hear about this.

Capcom "owns the rights to console disc-based expansions", which is why TK can't do XL games anymore.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Wait, they actually won that case?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As far as I know it's wrapped up in Japanese red tape for eternity but they're not taking any chances

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
That sounds as bullshit as Namco with the whole "rights to minigames during loading screens" copyright.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
B is for Barely. :(

I unlocked every unique weapon but, the Master Sword skill won't unlock. Do I have to get every weapon skin as well? I know Link has one more weapon to unlock, but that's just the spinner right?

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

RickDaedalus posted:

I unlocked every unique weapon but, the Master Sword skill won't unlock. Do I have to get every weapon skin as well? I know Link has one more weapon to unlock, but that's just the spinner right?

To unlock the Master Sword, you need all three levels of each weapon for every character, not counting DLC weapons or characters. So no 8-bit weapons, no Epona, no Spinner, no Dominion Rod.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RickDaedalus posted:

That's hard to answer without knowing what weapons you have :)

He has sword, master sword, gauntlets, fire rod, great fairy, spinner, and epona. I dunno if the last two appear as empty slots or not.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dizz posted:

That sounds as bullshit as Namco with the whole "rights to minigames during loading screens" copyright.

They don't have that anymore.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

That's hard to answer without knowing what weapons you have :)

He has sword, master sword, gauntlets, fire rod, great fairy, spinner, and epona. I dunno if the last two appear as empty slots or not.

I have the Sword, Master Sword, Gauntlets, Fire Rod, and Great Fairy. Spinner is the amiibo thing and Epona is DLC.

I think it has to be the Spinner, it's the only weapon that would be in the base game that I don't have. I checked the Adventure Map and none of them give me any new weapons (not talking about the A rank stuff, which don't give new weapons).

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The Spinner is an Amiibo thing though, not in the base game.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

RickDaedalus posted:

You have to unlock every weapon on the standard Adventure Map; that means every single square with a weapon icon on it has to have the icon removed before the skill will turn red and start counting kills. The map should have a label at the top of the screen letting you know you did so if you managed it. DLC weapons, including the spinner, definitely aren't needed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't have a link handy but there was an interview with the producer of this game who confirmed there will be more new characters that haven't been shown, so the Groose dream lives on

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Skull Kid is a playable character in Hyrule Warriors Legends, and Phantom Ganon (OoT) will be a new boss too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPlK10Rcdk

• Locked thread