Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

BigFactory posted:

Luckily, every week can't be as bad as this week.

New thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

MacheteZombie posted:

He has Brees, Wilson, and Bradford.

I'd ask this dude why...just why.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Sorry, missed the first part of that convo. Alex Smith has a great floor, and with Peyton's status being a big question mark this year, probably smart to pick him up as insurance while we wait a few weeks to see if Manning returns to form, especially if you think he'll get snagged by another league mate, given his solid performance in Week 1. I don't know if I like Smith as a play in Week 2 though, as the Chiefs face Denver on Thurs after a short week, with a super legit Denver Defense.

I'm down with this. It all depends on what's available on the wire. I'm a big proponent of Late Round QB and/or QB streaming, but it requires at least a handful of starting QBs being available on the Waiver Wire. I'm in a 16 team goon league, and I'm rostering Rivers/Dalton because the waiver wire is picked super clean. Mark Sanchez and McCown are about all that's available.

Edit:

Carson Palmer is another super solid, underrated QB I would roster ahead of Smith. Pick him up if he's available.

Dalton has been a super sub for me for years (not this one unfortunately), love that ginger.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I'd ask this dude why...just why.

Last year he drafted Rivers (4th I think) then Romo (6th) two rounds later because he didn't "trust Rivers" or some poo poo. He made it to our champ game.

He couldn't provide a reason this year, and even with 3 qbs, his roster is stacked. He's our league's idiot savant, seriously.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

Is there any reason outside of "its only been one week you loving knee jerking idiot calm the hell down" that I shouldnt windmill slam Peyton/Anderson for Lacy/Fitzpatrick? I have Tannehill too (2qb)

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

I would. I also wouldn't have draft Peyton or Anderson, but it's too late for that.

As a counterpoint, Peyton's corpse is a better play this season than Fitzpatrick. Fitz played 12 games last year, and if you take out his 358-6-0 game, he put up 2100-11-8, and not against a very imposing set of opponents. I don't think it's crazy to think he does better than last year, but Peyton could have his worst year since his rookie year and still come out ahead of Fitzpatrick.

E: If you have two other QBs better than Fitzpatrick, so that trading Peyton means you're starting your QB2 and QB3 and Fitz becomes your new QB3, then that's a fantastic trade. If you'd be starting Fitzpatrick every week, I think I'd pass.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 14, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hold on, I can just swing Gurley into my IR spot and add Smith.

Also someone else int he league has Rodgers and Cam and needs RB help, maybe I'll see what he wants.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

BigFactory posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Should I trade Romo/Hopkins for Rodgers/Hilton

I like Hopkins a lot but I also like Hilton, and the Hilton owner has basically no healthy WR

I have plenty of WR depth to get me through the next week or two, and Romo will probably be iffy without Dez

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Elotana posted:

I like Hopkins a lot but I also like Hilton, and the Hilton owner has basically no healthy WR

I have plenty of WR depth to get me through the next week or two, and Romo will probably be iffy without Dez

Immediately.

Elotana posted:

Immediately

edit: that's the weirdest double post I've ever done

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Elotana posted:

No loving way. The difference between Romo and Rodgers is not the difference between a WR1, and aplayer injured for multiple weeks.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

BigFactory posted:

You say that now...

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Elotana posted:

no

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

VDay posted:

Oh you sweet summer child.

Well I can't have a whole team of 2014 Lesean McCoys.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Elotana posted:

Who are his other receivers? I see some counter opportunities in that trade package.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

No loving way. The difference between Romo and Rodgers is not the difference between a WR1, and aplayer injured for multiple weeks.

Yeah, I'd be wary too.

2014 stats:

Romo 17 PPG average
Rodgers 22 PPG average

5 points a week upgrade at QB, and you substitute your WR1 for another WR1 who is now injured and may not play next week

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I mean, 5 points a week is pretty big! I would take it if I had acceptable WR cover but I wouldn't call you crazy if you turned it down.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

pangstrom posted:

I mean, 5 points a week is pretty big! I would take it if I had acceptable WR cover but I wouldn't call you crazy if you turned it down.
I did RB-Zero so I have more than acceptable WR cover, Hopkins is actually my WR3 (and perma-FLEX unless I trade him). I have Brown and Edelman starting plus Boldin, Garcon, and Harvin on the bench.

I've tried to pry Charles off him but he's not biting. His WR are Hilton (hurt), Jackson (hurt), John Brown, Eric Decker, DGB, and someone called "Jeff Janis"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
It's also a Tony Romo who won't have Dez for like 4 weeks.

I would take that trade and feel fine about it.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Tannehill or Palmer going forward?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Palmer until he breaks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Elotana posted:

I did RB-Zero so I have more than acceptable WR cover, Hopkins is actually my WR3 (and perma-FLEX unless I trade him). I have Brown and Edelman starting plus Boldin, Garcon, and Harvin on the bench.

I've tried to pry Charles off him but he's not biting. His WR are Hilton (hurt), Jackson (hurt), John Brown, Eric Decker, DGB, and someone called "Jeff Janis"

Yeah with that WR depth than it's not a terrible deal for you. Just out of curiosity, who are the RBs for both teams?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

This gets said a lot, but goddamn trading is the loving worst.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah with that WR depth than it's not a terrible deal for you. Just out of curiosity, who are the RBs for both teams?
He has Charles + Davis handcuff, J-Stew, and Crowell

I have Sankey, Coleman, Spiller, and some lottery tickets (Ronnie Hillman, Christine Michael, Josh Robinson)

I also already have the top score in week 1 with Coleman yet to play so I'm a big believer in RB Zero now :coolfish:

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok...

So, I took Indy DEF because of their "easy" schedule but it blew up in my face. Jets DEF is available on the waiver wire, and I was considering dropping Indy for NYJ but I'm struggling to pull the plug for a few reasons: a) They play each other next week b) Can Luck really be that horrible two weeks in a row c) Can NYJ really play that good two weeks in a row d) Indy seems to have a much easier schedule after next week (the trap that got me into this mess to begin with)

So, what do you say

Also, drop Kaepernick for Palmer, or keep Kaepernick in hope of a trade?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

How are we feeling about Christine Michael as a stash after Week 1? I still think there's a not unreasonable chance he gets a shot at significant carries in the Cowboys backfield at some point this season as neither Randle nor McFadden wowed yesterday, but that chance may not come until mid-to-late season.

I'm wondering whether trying to trade CMike for Ronnie Hillman is the smart move for my team right now to hedge some risk, or if Hillman's price will be too high at the moment. Thoughts?

My Roster (.5 PPR):
QB: Big Ben
RB: CJA, JStew, Spiller, Yeldon, CMike
WR: Cobb, Evans, ARob, Stevie, Martavis, Charles Johnson, Agholor
TE: Olsen

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

LmaoTheKid posted:

This gets said a lot, but goddamn trading is the loving worst.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

pangstrom posted:

Yeah, I think it depends on who your WR2 and WR3 are. I'm not sure I like it in a vacuum, but if your next two guys up both have top-25 upside, I feel like it'd be a risk I'd be willing to take.

e:

Elotana posted:

In this case, yeah, I'd probably go for it. I think that's a win for you.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Just to elaborate, I go to the Arodge/Cam owner who's starting L. Murray and M. Gordon at RB with zero depth on his bench. I flat out admit im worried about Peyton and ask what he wants for Cam outside of J. Hill and J. Jones. The reply I get is "make me an offer" I jokingly offer Dion Lewis and Stevie Johnson for a loving backup QB he's never going to use. Lowball offer? Sure, but I'm not going to bid against myself. I made the offer with every intention of getting a counter and all I get is "you came to me, make a better offer" so my reply was just "enjoy Gordon and Murray as your RBs for the rest of the year with a QB you can't do anything with".

For fucks sake how much more do you have to give to people to make them listen.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Just to elaborate, I go to the Arodge/Cam owner who's starting L. Murray and M. Gordon at RB with zero depth on his bench. I flat out admit im worried about Peyton and ask what he wants for Cam outside of J. Hill and J. Jones. The reply I get is "make me an offer" I jokingly offer Dion Lewis and Stevie Johnson for a loving backup QB he's never going to use. Lowball offer? Sure, but I'm not going to bid against myself. I made the offer with every intention of getting a counter and all I get is "you came to me, make a better offer" so my reply was just "enjoy Gordon and Murray as your RBs for the rest of the year with a QB you can't do anything with".

I bitch at my league every year to make counter trades to me on my offers. I always start the offer low, duh that's pretty much negotiating 101, and almost just get "lol ya right" and a denied email. If you don't want to make a trade that's fine and dandy, don't tell me to send you an offer than cut off talks at the first attempt.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

VDay posted:

It's also a Tony Romo who won't have Dez for like 4 weeks.

I would take that trade and feel fine about it.

4 weeks at a minimum, plus the Cowboys have a horrific playoff schedule (Week 15 vs, NYJ, Week 16 @ Buff) The gap between Rodgers and Romo is a lot bigger than people think.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Early season trading is drat near impossible sometimes because people still have their pre-season impressions and overvaluations of their owns players in mind.

"Yeah he had a bad game in weeks 1 and 2, but this backup RB who's third in a messy RBBC on a bad team is totally going to win me the league so I'll need at least a WR1 in return for him."

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

I've got a guy in two of my leagues who says he is open to trade offers, but never does anything besides decline or say 'I'll take a look at your team.' I've been sending him texts and trade offers with well-explained rationale for some dynasty trades, and get nothing outside of a reject, no counter offers, no explanations, nothing. A frustrating waste of time.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VDay posted:

Early season trading is drat near impossible sometimes because people still have their pre-season impressions and overvaluations of their owns players in mind.

"Yeah he had a bad game in weeks 1 and 2, but this backup RB who's third in a messy RBBC on a bad team is totally going to win me the league so I'll need at least a WR1 in return for him."

Week 3 and Week 4 is usually the prime trading weeks, it's about the time people panic on slow starters.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Dear Fantasy Football,

Thank you for reminding me that most of the choices I make in life are the wrong one.

My team does not give me confidence after week 1. Luckily for me, I'll probably be lowest score and get first pick at waivers due to our reverse standing setting. What are some recommended moves?

My team:
QB: Peyton, Romo
RB: Lynch, Gore, Abdullah, Randle
WR: OBJ, A. Johnson, S. Johnson, Boldin, Perriman
TE: Olsen, Daniels

I figure I can target Beasley or Moncrief, and can drop Owen Daniels for it, but don't know what the best move is. I feel like I need the WR help because Abdullah/Randle can be bumped up and I will need a new flex. I am more confident in them than I am of AJ80 who I am not sure what to do with at the moment, and a real WR2 would be a big help.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

How are we feeling about Christine Michael as a stash after Week 1? I still think there's a not unreasonable chance he gets a shot at significant carries in the Cowboys backfield at some point this season as neither Randle nor McFadden wowed yesterday, but that chance may not come until mid-to-late season.

I'm wondering whether trying to trade CMike for Ronnie Hillman is the smart move for my team right now to hedge some risk, or if Hillman's price will be too high at the moment. Thoughts?
I have both but I'd make that trade. Hillman might start paying dividends as soon as Thursday because CJ Anderson sucked last week and has an injured toe.

CMike has to work his way farther up the depth chart.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
Whelp with the update on Dez's injury Bremel is saying the average return for the injury is 8-9 weeks. Most aggressive return being 6 weeks.

Probably going to see what I can get in trade at this point. Maybe target Evans/Hilton/Calvin in a packaged deal.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

There's a guy in my big money 12-teamer where we start 3WR/2RB/FLEX and his roster is:

QB: Rodgers
WR: Marshall, Shorts, Patterson, Malcom Floyd, Cruz
RB: Lacy, Ingram, Ivory, Spiller, McFadden, A. Williams
TE: Rodgers, Hill

And I sent him a low-ball of VJax, Yeldon, David Johnson, and Christine Michael for Ingram and Spiller.

He told me to gently caress myself.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Week 3 and Week 4 is usually the prime trading weeks, it's about the time people panic on slow starters.

Yep. It really takes a couple of weeks of bad play for people to panic, and winless teams make great trade targets. That's how I swapped Cutler for Rodgers last year.

Of course separating someone's potential from their likely production is never a sure thing early on.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah week 3 is my absolute favorite time to trade. 2 bad/mediocre games from a player with upside is usually enough to convince his owner that ok maybe he made a mistake drafting him, and can get you some really nice results.

Assuming said player, you know, actually bounces back and doesn't just suck all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

My Roster (.5 PPR):
QB: Big Ben
RB: CJA, JStew, Spiller, Yeldon, CMike
WR: Cobb, Evans, ARob, Stevie, Martavis, Charles Johnson, Agholor
TE: Olsen

Hillman should cost a lot more than CMike. DMC didn't impress, but I thought Randle was solid, and Dunbar was a fantastic 3rd down back. I don't think CMike sniffs the field anytime soon.

• Locked thread