Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

CaseFace McGee posted:

I'm half expecting a CSW v3, but the main thing I'm predicting is a replacement for the CSR. I bet it will be somewhere in between the CSR and CSR-elite in terms of features, since there are so many competitors at or just below that price point. Probably $5-600 total for wheel and pedals.

Porsche wheel v2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CaseFace McGee posted:

I'm half expecting a CSW v3, but the main thing I'm predicting is a replacement for the CSR. I bet it will be somewhere in between the CSR and CSR-elite in terms of features, since there are so many competitors at or just below that price point. Probably $5-600 total for wheel and pedals.

Yeah this was something I was thinking about earlier that they really have nothing to compete against Thrustmaster in that mid-range spot. Also TM just announced the same TX+T3PA set they're doing with the T300.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If Fanatec is going to announce a new wheel, it's either going to be a DD wheel or something below the CSWv2. They just got to the point where they can keep the CSWv2 in stock without preorders. I'm going to assume it will be a cheaper wheel and corresponding pedals. maybe CSR Elite pedals v2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If Fanatec is going to announce a new wheel, it's either going to be a DD wheel or something below the CSWv2. They just got to the point where they can keep the CSWv2 in stock without preorders. I'm going to assume it will be a cheaper wheel and corresponding pedals. maybe CSR Elite pedals v2.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

OhsH posted:

Porsche wheel v2

Yeah, I'd bet on that or something new at the same price point.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Fanatec users, my CSR Elite wheel always has a deadzone, even in the config app when the wheel is set to 0 deadzone. I can't find much info online about correcting this, but surely it's not normal? Using the highly scientific method of resting my iphone on the bottom of the wheel with a spirit level app on it, there is about 25 degrees in both directions from centre in which nothing happens. The numbers coming from the wheel stop changing as you move through this deadzone so it appears to be happening at the hardware level, and AC2's wheel setup now seems to show this deadzone too. I really don't recall it doing so last time I played, though it was months ago.

Any ideas? Wheel has latest firmware and latest beta drivers (upgraded from latest non-beta drivers but it's made no difference).

Here4DaGangBang fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Sep 15, 2015

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
So... anyone up for a Kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370152296/racingcube-an-affordable-and-fast-motion-platform

The people living in the apartment below you are gonna love it!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Why did I only today try C.A.R.T. Extreme for SCE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7SA5PLlhTs

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Why did I only today try C.A.R.T. Extreme for SCE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7SA5PLlhTs

i still have that mod installed, find us a multiplayer server so you can find out how garbage i am at CARTs!!!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

How's the FFB-support in MAME? I wanna try a bunch of arcade racers and it seems like they'd be way too twitchy without the proper response from the wheel.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Great Joe posted:

How's the FFB-support in MAME? I wanna try a bunch of arcade racers and it seems like they'd be way too twitchy without the proper response from the wheel.

I cant speak for MAME but I have a bunch of Sega Model 2 games on emulator and setting them up with the wheel took a while. Most arcade systems run 270 or 360 degrees with their wheels and have FFB settings within the cabinet settings so as long as the emulation is accurate it should be fine provided you take the time to get the strength right in the game itself.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Great Joe posted:

I immediately got excited thinking about playing Daytona USA on my sim setup, then got disappointed when I looked it up and found that it uses a processor that's not well documented and thus doesn't run in MAME. The Xbox 360 port didn't feel right.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

wolrah posted:

I immediately got excited thinking about playing Daytona USA on my sim setup, then got disappointed when I looked it up and found that it uses a processor that's not well documented and thus doesn't run in MAME. The Xbox 360 port didn't feel right.

Daytona is a Model 2 game, and none of those run in MAME at all. I use Sega Model 2 Emulator which is a rubbish name for a program that runs most things really well but most importantly runs Sega Rally really well. Running very non-sim stuff with a sim setup is fun as hell, like I found out a few days ago that Re-Volt has a ridiculously active community that still makes patches and mods for it including native wheel support so that's a thing I've been doing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The main thing is that arcade machines always had wheels and at least two pedals, even the stand-up ones. "Arcade handling" wasn't really a popular term until they started moving that same gameplay to home consoles and ran into the limitations of digital input, dual analog sticks, etc.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 19, 2015

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hehe, someone make a vid of Mario Kart being run in a Motion Sim. When the red shell hits.. ow

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In other news, I wish someone would make a ripoff of the NeGcon already.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any cheep pedal mods I can do to my g27 pedals before I buy this adapter to hook them up to my new tx wheel?

I'm going to get the Clubsport pedals, but the adapter to hook them up to the TX has a two month wait list.

The pedals that came with the TX are hot garbage even compared with the stock g27 ones.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Norns posted:

Any cheep pedal mods I can do to my g27 pedals before I buy this adapter to hook them up to my new tx wheel?

I'm going to get the Clubsport pedals, but the adapter to hook them up to the TX has a two month wait list.

The pedals that came with the TX are hot garbage even compared with the stock g27 ones.

clubsport pedals have a standalone USB cable as well, i used CSR pedals with a g27 for the longest time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

OhsH posted:

clubsport pedals have a standalone USB cable as well, i used CSR pedals with a g27 for the longest time.

I want the adapter so I can use them with forza. But good point. I'll buy them soon for Project Cars and Asseto Corsa on PC.

I'm still going to look at g27 pedal mods since I don't want to use the TX pedals for 2 months on the Xbone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

Hehe, someone make a vid of Mario Kart being run in a Motion Sim. When the red shell hits.. ow

People have been doing this for a while. There's another video of a dude in a more modern motion rig but it only seems to move to the track angle and doesn't really respond to collisions.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha! That made me grin idiotically. When he jumps the sim jumps!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Sup guys

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Great Joe posted:

The main thing is that arcade machines always had wheels and at least two pedals, even the stand-up ones. "Arcade handling" wasn't really a popular term until they started moving that same gameplay to home consoles and ran into the limitations of digital input, dual analog sticks, etc.

I would love to give Race Drivin' and Hard Drivin' a go with modern hardware, no other updates. Just to see if the driving sim was as good as I remember it.

High school bud and I pumped every quarter we got for three years into that game.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

xzzy posted:

I would love to give Race Drivin' and Hard Drivin' a go with modern hardware, no other updates. Just to see if the driving sim was as good as I remember it.

High school bud and I pumped every quarter we got for three years into that game.

No poo poo. That game was amazing, considering it came out in one variant in around 89 and was still the bee's knees will into the mid 90's.

There was also a helicopter sim the developer put out around the same time.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Slightly overhauled the descriptions in the first post. Second and third (which will become a setup advice post including a slightly evangelising section about FOV :ohdear:) to follow.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I radically changed my fov recently from 39 to 32 and oh my God so much better. Driving the miata around the ring was so much more intense, and I could anticipate weight transfer more easily.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I radically changed my fov recently from 39 to 32 and oh my God so much better. Driving the miata around the ring was so much more intense, and I could anticipate weight transfer more easily.

Yeah I put my fov in Iracing to the lowest setting which is 45, while I do see less around me, what is in front of me is much more important. I play a lot of fps games so having your FOV around 90 is always preferred, but evidently not in racing simulators. :v:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's quite transformative (see, already evangelising). I suddenly find that I'm not, as I thought, completely and utterly hopeless at racing in a field of cars, just that the skewed perspective made it impossible for me to not crash into them all the time. I'm still far from good or consistent at it, but now it seems at least possible. A few months of training and I might just be ready to give iRacing a try :haw:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GSCE's rallycross update was at the Sim Racing Expo this weekend, looking pretty cool.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Looks cool, I'm wondering though if we get enough tracks to make that worthwile. With the Super Trucks it's easier since they just need to dot ramps around the existing tracks.

Edit:
Because Shadowplay is running anyway and also I found love for rFactor 2, here's 20 minutes of bad driving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vzke5IV5Gs

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 21, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GhostDog posted:

Looks cool, I'm wondering though if we get enough tracks to make that worthwile. With the Super Trucks it's easier since they just need to dot ramps around the existing tracks.

Edit:
Because Shadowplay is running anyway and also I found love for rFactor 2, here's 20 minutes of bad driving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vzke5IV5Gs

Reiza are only doing one "track" but it seems to be a huge complex thing that has a lot of layout options. How many of those are coded in is another matter. I forgot I had Sebring in rFactor 2, need to learn that track for iRacing stuff this week.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

GJ peeing all over your sim.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Great Joe posted:

I've been playing chase HQ on MAME all morning with the Thrustmaster TX. It's a lot of fun. No FFB but I'm not sure if the real game had FFB either or if it just had vibration and a wheel centering spring.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 23, 2015

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Great Joe posted:

GJ peeing all over your sim.

Not sure what you mean?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Your lighting is kinda yellow? I dunno

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005
Piss.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hah yeah I need some new lights, I agree.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The lights are probably fine.

White balance on your camera? Needs help.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

The lights are probably fine.

White balance on your camera? Needs help.

You don't know that. He could have sodium vapor lights in his house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well keep the blinds closed because the city will eventually hunt you down and ask for their street lights back.

• Locked thread