Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Arkansas injury report is not looking as bleak as expected (or it is and Bielema is trying to play mind games), and they are expecting or hoping for everyone except for Keon Hatcher to be able to play Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Scarf posted:

Here we go.

btw you don't have a gif of Watson catching that snap right in the dick, do you?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao goddamn

he did a great job to catch that and still hand it off

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Matt BakerVerified accountþ@MBakerTBTimes
A reader asked me: "how many negroes committed those penalties" in Florida's win the other night. I am speechless

:stare:

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.

Elotana posted:

Just noticed that ASU had trouble shaking Cal Poly

A&M's season is really gonna follow the exact same arc it did in 2014 huh

Possibly though MSU, LSU, and Auburn are all looking more beatable than last year and we drew probably the two worst teams in the division as our eastern opponents this year so who knows.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

A reader asked me: "how many negroes committed those penalties" in Florida's win the other night. I am speechless

:sigh:

yool 2015.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Lol probably from North Tampa

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/ului-lapuaho

quote:

Personal

Father Robert played football for BYU in 1985
Brother Al played football for Utah State from 2011-12
Served an LDS mission in the Australia Sydney South mission
Has eight brothers and three sisters
Favorite food is horse meat
Favorite book is The Book of Mormon

(this is the dude that punched the Boise St player in the dick)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Horse meat :barf:

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
/\/\ oh, broaden your culinary horizons and eat that hoof jello

VDay posted:

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/ului-lapuaho

(this is the dude that punched the Boise St player in the dick)

You don't see horse meat listed as a favorite food too often. It's a shame, really

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

:sigh:

yool 2015.

Could be one of those people that cosplays as a Victorian 24/7.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This a pretty FCS move:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13639816

Northwestern will probably turn into a pumpkin against Duke or when they start playing Big Ten teams, but the defense looks pretty legit so far. No one will talk about Anthony Walker Jr. at all because he plays for Northwestern, but he's an all-conference caliber linebacker and Justin Jackson is really good.

Northwestern's white helmets own.

This dude is Tom Hruby, a 35 year-old Navy SEAL walkon who Fitz put into the game at the end to try to get a touchdown, but he couldn't get in.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 14, 2015

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

drat yeah those helmets are legit as gently caress

E: Here have another FCS move, except it owned

DocPsychosis
Apr 5, 2008

Welcome to the anxiety closet.
Looks like FSU is opening as only a touchdown favorite over BC. Must be that brutal Chestnut Hill home field advantage.

Seriously tho it's awful don't ever go there.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

vyst posted:

Horse meat :barf:

Perhaps that's his way of saying he eats glue...

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DocPsychosis posted:

Looks like FSU is opening as only a touchdown favorite over BC. Must be that brutal Chestnut Hill home field advantage.

Seriously tho it's awful don't ever go there.

Probably because Golson sucks and FSU is going to lose. Also, BC has almost beat FSU each of the last two years.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fun with early season stats: right now BC averages 1.5 points against per game

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So the Vols defensive leader, LB Curt Maggitt, is out indefinitely for a hip injury. gently caress this whole dumb season already.

7-5 ceiling for the season :smith:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Daedra posted:

Given the way other teams played this weekend I'd say there's still a chance at 8-9 wins. Plus they're being so vague about whats up with Maggitt that I wouldn't be surprised if it's just smokescreen to rest him before the Florida game.

I think the only guaranteed loss on our schedule is Bama.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction

Daedra posted:

There must be something about the various shades of orange that makes it susceptible to Sooner Magic bullshit. This is the last time it happened to Oklahoma State:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wtcHbcZFx0

OU had no business even being in that game; inexplicably they won it.

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Posting late here, but went to the Michigan State/Oregon game with the girlfriend who is an MSU grad. The place was crazy both before and during the game. It's really a great atmosphere when MSU is good (been there for a couple games to watch Ohio State before and not so much then). While their stadium isn't the biggest it seems like it sits so close to the drat field that most every seat is good. It really is a good place to catch a game.

Maybe it's just me, but being able to see the whole field and formation, it seemed like Oregon has about 4 plays, screen left, screen right, and run up the middle for 2-3 yards.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Great stuff from EDSBS

quote:

YOU GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS. We are officially one year away from Tennessee playing Virginia Tech in the middle of a dang racetrack. I feel like we should already be there, camped out in a good spot and roasting a pig or something. HOKIEBIRD PLAY THAT THRASH MUSIC. I SHALL CARRY YOU TO VOLHALLA.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Great stuff from EDSBS

I am so god drat excited for that game

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oklahoma running back Rodney Anderson underwent surgery for a non-weight bearing bone fracture Sunday and will be out the rest of the season.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DJExile posted:

Great stuff from EDSBS

I saw that pic making the rounds on fb last week so they might have gotten it from there. Still bad rear end.

And yeah the Bristol game is gonna be nuts. I may skip a wedding in April to be able to afford to go.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
That's Labor Day weekend right? With LSU-Wisconsin at Lambeau, USC-Bama and like 6 more games that would otherwise headline a Saturday.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Coco13 posted:

That's Labor Day weekend right? With LSU-Wisconsin at Lambeau, USC-Bama and like 6 more games that would otherwise headline a Saturday.

Yep, and Missouri-WVU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I don't think there are any good football teams this year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Temple

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Northwestern

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Ohio State is pretty much the same team as last year. :shrug:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the next shoe to drop is Northern Illinois exposing Ohio State

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Raku posted:

the next shoe to drop is Northern Illinois exposing Ohio State

God willing

MAC is currently 1-4 vs. the B1G, upcoming games:

NIU @ OSU
Kent @ Minnesota
BG @ Purdue
CMU @ MSU
Ohio @ Minnesota
WMU @ OSU
Ball State @ N'Western

Only likely win for the MAC out of those is BG vs. Purdue, and Ohio and Ball State could possibly catch Minnesota and Northwestern in trap games.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Finally got around to watching highlights of Oregon-MSU and I came away a little bit puzzled as to how that's a "statement win" for MSU. Vernon Adams's inaccuracy throughout the game (is he just that bad of a passer or was it the busted finger?) had a lot more to do with the outcome than anything MSU did imo.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

God willing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Noctone posted:

Finally got around to watching highlights of Oregon-MSU and I came away a little bit puzzled as to how that's a "statement win" for MSU. Vernon Adams's inaccuracy throughout the game (is he just that bad of a passer or was it the busted finger?) had a lot more to do with the outcome than anything MSU did imo.

To call it a "statement win" is a bit bigger picture than that. It's a solid win over a top 10 (OK, early season polls and all, but still) team, and that's the only game that's going to matter for them until November 21st when they play Ohio State. They're in the same problem as Ohio State, where their schedules, save the Oregon game, are complete garbage until they play one another, so they've got to take what they can get at this point.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Both teams were expected to be good teams in the offseason, the game was really close and had a lot of highlights and lowlights for both teams, and Michigan State survived with a win from it all.

There, that was a statement about the win. It is therefore a statement win.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people say this every single year, it's almost like you're so goddamn cynical that in order to accept a team as "good", it has to be flawless and composed entirely of Breaking Madden-esque supermen

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DJExile posted:

To call it a "statement win" is a bit bigger picture than that. It's a solid win over a top 10 (OK, early season polls and all, but still) team, and that's the only game that's going to matter for them until November 21st when they play Ohio State. They're in the same problem as Ohio State, where their schedules, save the Oregon game, are complete garbage until they play one another, so they've got to take what they can get at this point.

Yeah I get all that, it's just I guess I think of a "statement win" as going out and actively taking victory rather than the other team pissing the game down their leg. Adams had open receivers twice on that last drive (one wide open for a walk-in touchdown) and just missed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Noctone posted:

we have lost first round corners two years in a row and had our best linebacker injured before the season starts. we lost our amazing defensive coordinator, our 100 yard a game rusher, and our star receiver that even played corner when we got desperate

there were a lot of questions around this team and the fact that we beat a to 10 team that outlasted us last year shows that we reloaded well and are making strides

• Locked thread