Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

M_Gargantua posted:

I think that the animation quality has been better and better. The art team has more material for background shots. The characters move smoother (with a balance of awkward animation comedy movement). Eg, I didn't notice it until this still but Summer's pose is done well enough that the pose and facial expression convey a lot.

Loving this show more every week.

Agreed. Not at home at the moment so if someone is inclined, please gif the movement of Tiny Rick when he pushes Morty int he garage and then spins around with his arms open like he's the man. When that happened I did a double-take and mentioned the animation quality and body language. It's a great example of what you just said.

edit: it's in the second half of the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The therapist was the dean from community, right? I thought I recognized the head vampire from venture brothers, it was my best guess, but someone here said it was Ryan Ridley the guy who did giant lawyer and that's probably right. I don't know what made me think venture brothers. Billy whizkid's exasperated whining without all the lisping felt about right, maybe.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I don't think I've ever seen Doc Hammer or Jackson Publick do voices for other shows.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

theflyingexecutive posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Doc Hammer or Jackson Publick do voices for other shows.

I wanna say Publick has at the very least done stuff for Superjail

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OLD RICK RUINING EVERYTHING!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Garfu posted:

Agreed. Not at home at the moment so if someone is inclined, please gif the movement of Tiny Rick when he pushes Morty int he garage and then spins around with his arms open like he's the man. When that happened I did a double-take and mentioned the animation quality and body language. It's a great example of what you just said.

edit: it's in the second half of the episode

It was this:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole episode was great.

Also, Alex Hirsch and Jim Rash!

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I can honestly say that we haven't had a bad episode yet. Even weaker ones tend to be better on a rewatch.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Just Offscreen posted:

I can honestly say that we haven't had a bad episode yet. Even weaker ones tend to be better on a rewatch.

Sure thing Justin Offscreen Roiland.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
So, dumbass here fell asleep during the episode. Apparently it's locked on AdultSwim.com, and they don't take my Time Warner Cable credentials because of course they don't.

I swear I've watched new episodes on AdultSwim.com before. Why can't I now? What's the best way to see this week's episode? I won't be able to record the replay at 10.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bean posted:

So, dumbass here fell asleep during the episode. Apparently it's locked on AdultSwim.com, and they don't take my Time Warner Cable credentials because of course they don't.

I swear I've watched new episodes on AdultSwim.com before. Why can't I now? What's the best way to see this week's episode? I won't be able to record the replay at 10.

the clips should be unlocked, but they're not in HD :shrug:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Bean posted:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1CAHPZY_enUS597US597&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rick%20and%20morty%20streaming

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo gave him free stuff!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Beth actually figured it out in the end: "Keep this marriage going until Morty finishes high school." This is essentially what happened with my parents (not a conscious choice though and they're technically still married), and worked out great over the long run. They're both better people and, with both having their own place, can choose if or when to be around each other.

It was nice to see Summer put the priority of loving Rick and wanting to save his life above popularity (which still meant a lot to her). I guess X gonna give it to ya and steroid pummeling Satan really did bring them closer in Season 1. :3: Also was nice to see Morty catch on in the end, even if he messed up inbetween: "I'm gonna do what old Rick would if he were here - kick your rear end!"

And I loved that head vampire's take on Coach-feratu. That dude is chill and solid. Overall a pretty cool ep.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Two Tiny Rick shirts coming soon.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Veskit posted:

Dude take your time I appreciate the effort no matter how you cut it! I'm in no rush for this thing, and it's a nice to have :)

NO RUSH YOU SAY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

loving dammit that lil rick school pciture one

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Probably the best episode this season.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Bean posted:

I paused, did something, came back, and got some weird wolf banner over 90% of the screen that said it was locked, like they didn't like my credentials. I don't know if that's what's happening to you? I refreshed and it went away. I don't know, maybe give that a try?
It was weird. it was playing behind the scary wolf banner telling me to go away either way.

Also goddamn this interface. I missed the first 5 seconds and I wanted that joke but you literally can't rewind that far. If you get one hair too close to the beginning of the thing the volume dial blows up and shoves the tracking three inches to the right, and if you leave the volume to rewind then it poofs out of existance and you're looking at the episode six minutes in. What a dumb video interface. I wrestled with it for five minutes then just refreshed. That's how I got the wolf banner the first time.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/HWLvpmA

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

AIDS!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Krinkle posted:

I thought I recognized the head vampire from venture brothers, it was my best guess, but someone here said it was Ryan Ridley the guy who did giant lawyer and that's probably right. I don't know what made me think venture brothers. Billy whizkid's exasperated whining without all the lisping felt about right, maybe.

You're probably thinking Dana Snyder who played the Alchemist on Venture Bros and Master Shake in ATHF. I thought it was him at first, too.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I hope we get another council of ricks episode with a Tiny Rick/Big Morty duo.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Mercury Hat posted:

You're probably thinking Dana Snyder who played the Alchemist on Venture Bros and Master Shake in ATHF. I thought it was him at first, too.

No that guy has exactly one voice and it is extremely distinctive. He was actually live action in Your Pretty Face is Going To Hell which actually took longer to notice him because he was just low key and bored in the first episode. I wasn't sure who I was thinking of but I thought when I eventually found out who it was they'd have a venture brothers credit but that was not the case.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

*turns knob to green*

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

At first I thought the therapist was voiced by colbert again. After a couple sentences I realized it was DEAN!!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every week I say "this is the best episode of the season" only to be proven wrong a week later.

Seriously, that B-plot was brilliant.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea i was really happy about the b-story. I was supirsed that it was more exciting than the A story.

ITs funny because people in here post about "ugh, another b story about beth and jerry's marriage"

Well, take THAT unbeleivers!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Really noticeable that Morty was trying to step up and be like Rick this episode. The whole "sort your poo poo out" bit and then kicking Tiny Rick's rear end.. they grow up so fast.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also I love that throughout the whole show, Rick's crazy science stuff is never a surprise to anyone, like everyone just knowing that Tiny Rick is Old Rick in a young clone.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Also I love that throughout the whole show, Rick's crazy science stuff is never a surprise to anyone, like everyone just knowing that Tiny Rick is Old Rick in a young clone.

Agreed. It allows the story to evolve in such a better way. All the characters grow, even jerry and summer. Morty is constantly improving and stepping up. And haivng jessica just be "oh cool" about it makes the story so much eaiser. IT's like if theres a zombie movie and in the first couple minutes there just like "ok, theyre zombies. lets go" instead of spending 45 minutes beofre they figure it out.

I also thought it was intersting how jessica asking about tiny rick at first sounded like she thought he was cute or something - like there would be a threat to morty. But then she was just like meh ok and started dancing with morty. :3

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Remember in the meeseeks episode where at the end the restaurant manager told jerry "oh, you aren't going anywhere - the fbi is coming and they have a lot of questions"? I remember thinking "oh poo poo, rick is gonna have to walk a tight rope here" but nah it didn't happen and it probably would have been boring for that to happen.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Sorry TR, we just can't have students murdering teachers.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

New harmontwon has Dan talking poo poo about giraffes again. Reminded me of the giraffe in the unity epsiode. Funny grudge obsession.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

KoRMaK posted:

New harmontwon has Dan talking poo poo about giraffes again. Reminded me of the giraffe in the unity epsiode. Funny grudge obsession.

Did you know that before mating, female giraffes urinate into the male's mouth?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I forgot where I heard this quote, but it's stuck with me. Giraffes are bullshit, they're just long horses!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

This episode wins for weaponizing "Between the Bars."

"Listen to it, Tiny Rick! Listen to Elliott Smith! Feel What he's feeling!"

"Oh God, what is life even, dammit I don't want to go into that old geezers body. Why do I even try?"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I need this as an avatar. I don't care what I have to do to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Dropping twenty bucks on that Tiny Rick school picture one as soon as it's available.

• Locked thread