Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zereth posted:

okay tell me how to do that

Only works with using mouse buttons to select/back out of menus. If you select a valid customization slot on one weapon and then go to the same slot on another weapon that doesn't allow it, then you get the first option from the other gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Those remind me of some of the weapons in EDF 4, such as as a literal can of a bug spray with a scope attached.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, for those who wanted silent explosions, I present to you: A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

Why yes, it is a silenced rocket launcher :v:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
A Mercenary Kings third person shooter. Fantastic.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Is there a "pot, kettle, black" option?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sorry, that's not a proper glitch. That's your GPU having a panic attack :(

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The White Dragon posted:

Sorry, that's not a proper glitch. That's your GPU having a panic attack :(

But it's at exactly the right time :allears:

Vii
Oct 5, 2013

Happy little accidents

Pomp posted:

Only works with using mouse buttons to select/back out of menus. If you select a valid customization slot on one weapon and then go to the same slot on another weapon that doesn't allow it, then you get the first option from the other gun.

Oh my god, this is the best thing. I had to try attaching everything to everything and I ended up making a 6 minute pointless video about stupid weapons.

Here you are

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Vii posted:

Oh my god, this is the best thing. I had to try attaching everything to everything and I ended up making a 6 minute pointless video about stupid weapons.

Here you are

That one poor dude just flying away before the fade to black was a perfect way to close out.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I like the rocket launcher firing noiseless, invisible projectiles.

YawControl
Feb 13, 2014
The Borderlands series has a lot of diverse glitches, from basic graphical stuff to walls missing collision detection to some really bizarre things.

This NPC certainly knows how to dual wield those pistols.

Cars don't always work as planned.

Sometimes characters scoot around in weird poses rather than walk.

You have to make sure you don't drive to the wrong part of town.

This one out of bounds area had these untextures cubes that constantly changed color

Strange ragdolls are also the norm.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I've been having problems getting Silent Hunter 5 to work since buying it on Steam. Apparently there's a uplay update that broke it. Fuckin' ubisoft.

This, on the other hand, didn't break the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKE0zszDAw

I was on my way out of my home port at 4x speed, saw an explosion off to my left, dropped to 1x and got on the 'scope (and paused to fire up Fraps) to see what was happening.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
poo poo son, now I gotta reinstall my Silent Hunter collection.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In Guilty Gear Xrd, it's possible to manipulate the way the game interprets your inputs so that you can get stuff to come out backwards. It's completely impractical, but you can get some funky looking training mode poo poo

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

dialhforhero posted:

poo poo son, now I gotta reinstall my Silent Hunter collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CZNMtrhoM

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Half physics glitchiness, half plain old silliness.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Delivery McGee posted:

I've been having problems getting Silent Hunter 5 to work since buying it on Steam. Apparently there's a uplay update that broke it. Fuckin' ubisoft.

This, on the other hand, didn't break the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKE0zszDAw

I was on my way out of my home port at 4x speed, saw an explosion off to my left, dropped to 1x and got on the 'scope (and paused to fire up Fraps) to see what was happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

EDIT: Replaced with better video

Tarezax has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Sep 23, 2015

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

NBA Live 16 doesn't understand how free throws work:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
I just got this in Shadow of Mordor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFAES898NcM

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXkRXYbKaI

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I guess people who made the game want in on some of that sweet sweet HelixSnake/Skate 3 popularity.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb_wnNkEAG0&t=540s
Chickens can fly.

warning: loud.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, that was incredible.

Gang beasts is way too much fun to exist.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gorilla Salad posted:

Holy poo poo, that was incredible.

Gang beasts is way too much fun to exist.

The flying glitch is sadly no longer in the beta.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Why would you even take that out?

Who could be such a monster?

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's

Gorilla Salad posted:

Devs always remove the fun glitches. A few years ago at PAX I managed to get into a private demo of Alpha Protocol with the devs. It was neat to play it before it was 100% complete, but there were a few little hiccups. The best was an animation bug that returned my characters upper torso to the neutral "T" stance. I chuckled, being a super spy running around like an airplane. One of the team came over and said "yeah, it happens sometimes, you just need to do crouch or roll and it'll reset" so I crouched and it didn't fix the problem. Instead i'm running around with my arms out with my legs bent. I asked them to leave it in the game on the comment card, but after playing the release I don't think they did :(

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Zortzico posted:

It was neat to play it before it was 100% complete

That's all AP playthroughs thought :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgMSV3AnYL4

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Gorilla Salad posted:

Well, while I haven't played the game at all, in one of their more recent videos another glitch made itself known.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zortzico posted:

Devs always remove the fun glitches. A few years ago at PAX I managed to get into a private demo of Alpha Protocol with the devs. It was neat to play it before it was 100% complete, but there were a few little hiccups. The best was an animation bug that returned my characters upper torso to the neutral "T" stance. I chuckled, being a super spy running around like an airplane. One of the team came over and said "yeah, it happens sometimes, you just need to do crouch or roll and it'll reset" so I crouched and it didn't fix the problem. Instead i'm running around with my arms out with my legs bent. I asked them to leave it in the game on the comment card, but after playing the release I don't think they did :(

For every person who goes "haha, that's funny" there are five who call the game a broken piece of poo poo and try to return it.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

these dudes did a really great We Broke for that star trek game and then all the rest of their videos are just them laughing hysterically at tiny boring bugs that arent funny

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

im full of poo poo posted:

these dudes did a really great We Broke for that star trek game and then all the rest of their videos are just them laughing hysterically at tiny boring bugs that arent funny

Yeah some of their videos really aren't that good. I still love their laughter :v:

Also they are super buff it turns out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alfXcbc1jlY

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gorilla Salad posted:

The characters are tons heavier in the unstable beta. So when you try and replicate the flying glitch you just go twirling to the ground.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Mad Max had an interesting glitch last night.

I was cruising along in a "Scrapulance", which is basically a ute/truck with a big bag of scrap in the tray. If you grab one, and drive it back to a stronghold, it gives a heap of scrap (money).

They are slow to turn and kind of a bitch to control, so when a couple of raiders in their cars came along and tried to fight me, I dealt with them quickly with my shotgun, while still driving, but not before one raider jumped across to my car, and latched onto the drivers side door. I started driving erratically, enough so that he couldn't get stable enough to start punching me through the window. I eventually managed to shake him loose, at which point he tumbled across the front of my car, then up and over the cab, into the big bag of scrap on the back.

So now I've got a big bag of junk with a random raiders head poking out amongst it. That amused me for a little bit, but then on the mini-map I saw a camp coming up (a spot that you can scavenge at, maybe resupply) so I decided to detour and pull up at it. I did, but when I came to a stop... I didn't. The car just kept driving, in an unusually tight right-hand circle. I tried to drive off again, but I just kept that circle up, but faster. Then the car started to tip onto it's left side, while still doing tight right-hand circles. I bailed out, and watched as the scrapulace continued, now driving around on two wheels on its left side. Then the dead raider started to get scraped out of the left side, under the car.

So now I've got a big heavy truck doing doughnuts to the right, completely on its left side, with a dead raider being smooshed under it, slowly being dragged out head and upper body first.

This kept up for a good minute or so, before the car suddenly righted itself, stopped and the raider sailed gracefully off over the horizon at approximately the speed of sound.

I love it when physics engines poo poo the bed. Nearly always entertaining.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
A few months ago, the Elder Scrolls Online introduced a patch that prominently made a big addition to the cooking profession. In fact, it was the first thing mentioned in the patch notes and was given a big section of explanation. Players could do cooking quests get and a new, valuable recipe, so they immediately flocked to fireplaces and cooking spits, eager to get a start on that. Unfortunately, something had gone terribly wrong. If a player character so much as opened the cooking crafting menu or opened a container containing a recipe sheet, they'd be disconnected from the game immediately.

Cue eager players reading the patch notes and crowding the cooking areas in major cities, only to vanish one by one into thin air. Some people realized it was bugged and stood nearby, urging other players not to touch it, but they kept coming like lemmings. This continued for several hours. :saddowns:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Mizuti posted:

A few months ago, the Elder Scrolls Online introduced a patch that prominently made a big addition to the cooking profession. In fact, it was the first thing mentioned in the patch notes and was given a big section of explanation. Players could do cooking quests get and a new, valuable recipe, so they immediately flocked to fireplaces and cooking spits, eager to get a start on that. Unfortunately, something had gone terribly wrong. If a player character so much as opened the cooking crafting menu or opened a container containing a recipe sheet, they'd be disconnected from the game immediately.

Cue eager players reading the patch notes and crowding the cooking areas in major cities, only to vanish one by one into thin air. Some people realized it was bugged and stood nearby, urging other players not to touch it, but they kept coming like lemmings. This continued for several hours. :saddowns:

This is hilarious.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

princecoo posted:

This is hilarious.

Someone has to have video, yes?

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Mizuti posted:

Lotish posted:

Someone has to have video, yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6X9KcrXHwg&t=10s

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I was thinking more along the lines of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCeD2gF9jUo&t=82s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

poo poo, now I gotta watch Hunt for Red October again. :v: