Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Whatev posted:

zen pencils is the loving worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Why does Rap blast the hate? And wouldn't a creativity beam empower Hashtag Hate Monster because he's already full of poo poo?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
"ART", painted on the moon, using liquefied hate. Idgi.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
BTW that was like a 2 or 3 part mental masturbation series.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The murder rate is the lowest it's been in over 50 years because millennials are lazy.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The murder rate is the lowest it's been in over 50 years because millennials are lazy.

Although that might be because you used to be able to cut off someone's head and hands and dump them in the middle of the town square and they'd never be identified.
Thanks to forensic science and police procedurals on TV, we now know that if you leave a single molecule of evidence you'll get caught.
Who has the time to plan a flawless murder?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
zen pencils once made a strip after some milestone congratulating himself for purchasing his domain name.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Was it Zen Pencils that suggested just following your dream no matter what, because of course there would always be a market? I remember reading a comic that outright said "Like to knit? Open a yarn store!" and I remember thinking it was the zenith of trust fund baby mentality.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I feel like a big part of why Millenials suck is the 'Follow Your Dream!' narrative that is so new. The big thing is just being happy. When did just being happy become the crowning achievement of one's life? What happened to wanting to be great? I want to be better than I am, and that's what drives me to challenge myself. If I wanted to be happy I'd have stayed in my college town and kept having sex with college girls and doing drugs for as long as possible.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

i wasn't aware one of the components of buddhism was relentlessly jerking yourself off

going to achieve enlightenment asap now

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
What's so bad about following your dreams? while you're in the fight it super sucks and it's scary and fraught with heartbreak but it's also super exciting and gives you purpose since it's what interests you the most.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Because your dreams are dumb.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Last week I had a dream that I took my cat to the mall with me and tried to get kiki to buy things.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I live in Brooklyn

Saw a guy riding one of those old timey bicycles with the huge front wheel and tiny rear wheel like he owned the fuckin world. Then fell off when he tried to jump a curb. Then proceeded to walk it to someone's stoop so he could use the stairs to get back on. I think he was crying as he rode away.

I've also been seeing dudes wearing skirts lately.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I feel like a big part of why Millenials suck is the 'Follow Your Dream!' narrative that is so new. The big thing is just being happy. When did just being happy become the crowning achievement of one's life? What happened to wanting to be great? I want to be better than I am, and that's what drives me to challenge myself. If I wanted to be happy I'd have stayed in my college town and kept having sex with college girls and doing drugs for as long as possible.

this would not have made you happy

if it would you probably would have kept doing it, but even if you kept doing it it's no guarantee it would have

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

but happiness isn't the goal and if someone think it is they are wrong, happiness is a state and cannot be maintained

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Whatev posted:

zen pencils is the loving worst

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Romes128 posted:

I live in Brooklyn

Saw a guy riding one of those old timey bicycles with the huge front wheel and tiny rear wheel like he owned the fuckin world. Then fell off when he tried to jump a curb. Then proceeded to walk it to someone's stoop so he could use the stairs to get back on. I think he was crying as he rode away.

I've also been seeing dudes wearing skirts lately.

This poo poo had better not metastasize and spread to Queens. At least, not until I stop renting and buy. I like my cheap Irish/Mexican neighborhood just the way it is.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

nomadologique posted:

this would not have made you happy

if it would you probably would have kept doing it, but even if you kept doing it it's no guarantee it would have

Interesting, tell me more about how my own decisions make me feel.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ocean Book posted:

i feel like a lot of millenial hate is misdirected hate that should be at smartphones, which are a force of evil and a virus that has invaded all living generations at this point.

the 4 unoccupied employees at the TMobile store looked at my dumbphone yesterday and started a conversation among themselves about how they were tired of owning smartphones.

too bad apple gotsd them by the balls

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I'm a Millenial... what do I do.

A: Look @ ur phone a bunch & be entitled all the time. Didn't u read the thread?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

yeah doofus I said "one of those things" or something like that. "the hard" = crack cocaine not hroin
soft = powder
hard = crack

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

- every generation of lovely spoiled kids since the 1960's

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

What's so bad about following your dreams? while you're in the fight it super sucks and it's scary and fraught with heartbreak but it's also super exciting and gives you purpose since it's what interests you the most.

actually following your dreams and trying to make something out of them involves more hard work, ambition and drive for success than just becoming an office drone so it's a nonsensical dichotomy

what they really mean is they want to do neither and stay in their rooms to play video games

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

AlphaKeny1 posted:

wow this is unironically the best

I'LL PAINT THE MOON WITH YOUR loving BLOOD

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Interesting, tell me more about how my own decisions make me feel.

okay. it is obvious that your sense of self-worth is based in part on the idea of self-betterment, so you left your college town and went out into the world to do things you thought would improve you.

people cannot be happy without a sense of self-worth, therefore you would not have been happy staying in your college town banging chicks ad indefinitum.

since you claim to think "happiness is the goal" is ridiculous, yet you pursued your own sense of self-worth in your decision to leave your college town and pursue your self-betterment, you in some sense chose happiness based on ethical-moral-spiritual values instead of physical-material satisfaction.

what is especially curious about this entire situation is that you are (a) unable to identify this about yourself (b) unable to identify this about the others you critique, who are quite likely also pursuing ethical-moral-spiritual fulfillment over physical-material satisfaction.

because of this inability to properly perceive yourself and others, you criticize their choices while making ultimately very similar ones, and set your two parties as mutually antagonistic instead of basically allied.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

you'll never really be happy if you become a burnt-out flunkie "living the dream" because you will always know in the heart of hearts that you are a loving failure. it's the classic instant reward vs delayed gratification

hmm I wonder if I'd be happier smoking weed and drinking every day living on the dole, or if I'd be happier becoming an accomplished professional and maybe someday get a PhD in my field (but be working for the MAN/CORPORATIONS!!!!!!). hmmmmmm

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

accomplished professionals can afford good weed and booze, and often receive these for free

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Nothing wrong with being The Dude. :colbert:

nomadologique posted:

because of this inability to properly perceive yourself and others, you criticize their choices while making ultimately very similar ones, and set your two parties as mutually antagonistic instead of basically allied.

You're like an evil psychologist.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think this is where this goes

he(?) lost his hat :(

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

mad.radhu posted:

Is that Arcata CA?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

Kate Blanchett?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

mad.radhu posted:

lost hat but not the ability to duckface

a true hero

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Duckface pisses me off so much.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

momerath posted:

can anyone explain hipsters to me? like does anyone know any of them personally? i grew up in new york and i see them all the time but i just can't wrap my mind around the culture

a lot of them are passionate liberals but have money to live in $5000 brooklyn apartments and ride cafe racers to their made up hr jobs. and i don't get the being dirty and folk thing? i mean if you live in san fran or manhattan you are about as far from being environmentally sound as a plastic bottle, do they seriously think anyone is taking their farmer aesthetic that seriously? it's an ironic thing right?

people from cities have much smaller carbon footprints than rural and suburbans friendo

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

nomadologique posted:

okay. it is obvious that your sense of self-worth is based in part on the idea of self-betterment, so you left your college town and went out into the world to do things you thought would improve you.

people cannot be happy without a sense of self-worth, therefore you would not have been happy staying in your college town banging chicks ad indefinitum.

since you claim to think "happiness is the goal" is ridiculous, yet you pursued your own sense of self-worth in your decision to leave your college town and pursue your self-betterment, you in some sense chose happiness based on ethical-moral-spiritual values instead of physical-material satisfaction.

what is especially curious about this entire situation is that you are (a) unable to identify this about yourself (b) unable to identify this about the others you critique, who are quite likely also pursuing ethical-moral-spiritual fulfillment over physical-material satisfaction.

*farts*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Bill Watterson giving us millenials a Reason to be useless. Calvin and Hobbes owns

That is pretty adorable actually. I have no jokes.

• Locked thread