Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i have small hands so im a bit worried but my buddy at work has the 6 and its nothing insane

6+ is too big for my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my friend is upgrading from a 6 to 6s+ and also buying a Mini 4

i just... idk about that guy :ughh:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving money bags

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

not sure how the size jump from 5s to 6s is going to treat me

lol

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

i'm just gonna keep using my 5 til it falls apart. it works fine and is fast enough.

sorry timb.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

power botton posted:

what colour did you get

black on space grey

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cremnob posted:

thats like a jew in a concentration camp eating a 5 course meal

actually it's a lot more like replacing a 15 yr old car with a brand new one. it's similar to that because it's a thing you will use daily and because smartphone tech has come a long way in the past few years.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i was worried about the size of my iphone 6 but my gf assured me 6 is a fine size but i still dont know

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stymie posted:

also quick reminder: the iphone 6/6+ bends with normal use and there's no reason to expect the 6s/6s+ will do otherwise

i saw a bad video and i guess the 6s+ takes like 80lbs of force or something to start bending while the 6+ takes 30lbs to start

bespoke 7000 series aerospace aluminium at work

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

your example doesn't make any sense, it might work better if he never had a phone in his life? still, equating consumer tech purchases with the holocaust is bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Triglav posted:

apple leather case suits my needs wonderfully

same but i might get an orange silicone one to supplement it.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i might get the rose grey leather case but i want to see it irl

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

it's almost like...some things are really dumb as poo poo to say no matter where you post them :aaaaa:
yes yes, now get out.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i decided to go with this one, the incipio one i mentioned earlier:

$24 all in, free delivery from amazon.ca, matte black. i think it will be deece with space grey

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Puppy Galaxy posted:

your example doesn't make any sense, it might work better if he never had a phone in his life? still, equating consumer tech purchases with the holocaust is bad.

*posts in Apple AIDS Watch thread*

holocaust jokes are bad

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

tim cook is gay

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

i saw a bad video and i guess the 6s+ takes like 80lbs of force or something to start bending while the 6+ takes 30lbs to start

bespoke 7000 series aerospace aluminium at work

they probably just did this because they got a better deal on the new aluminum all tim cares about it making process more efficient

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also I don't like hard cases I want tone with some grip so I'll probably just go for the apple leather one

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

qirex posted:

they probably just did this because they got a better deal on the new aluminum all tim cares about it making process more efficient

the aluminum is probably some alloy apple's own metallurgists concocted because it wasn't common enough to have a name in whatever tool was used to look at it. in any case the 7000 series in the 6s is more expensive to produce than the 6000 series in the 6

i mean yeah maybe tim got a good deal on some economy of scale thing though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

echopenis, guess you wont need my old 5, eh? glad you upgraded finally tho! :)

lol i never upgraded? it was a joke. aimed at my pathetic shell of a person carrying an iphone 4. if that 5 is still on offer ill suck so many dicks

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
why do so many people acknowledge and respond to stymie?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

echinopsis posted:

lol i never upgraded? it was a joke. aimed at my pathetic shell of a person carrying an iphone 4. if that 5 is still on offer ill suck so many dicks

ooooh, ok, yeah, it will be but not for anothe few weeks as i have until oct 10th on my contract with rogers and that needs to be active before my other provider can port the number over

ill send you a PM to get your addy when im ready :)

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

oh thank god, if you had a newer iphone than me i'd have to reevaluate my life

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

born on a buy you posted:

in the specific case of apple these days it's because he's been prophetically correct in almost every case

a modern-day cassandra, if you will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

ooooh, ok, yeah, it will be but not for anothe few weeks as i have until oct 10th on my contract with rogers and that needs to be active before my other provider can port the number over

ill send you a PM to get your addy when im ready :)

drat brother you're one generous mother fucker. I can't believe youd do that but that's fuckin epic

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

reminder: I'm upgrading from this:

to a 6s

super late but lol i had this phone like 7-8 years ago

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Penguissimo posted:

in the specific case of apple these days it's because he's been prophetically correct in almost every case

a modern-day cassandra, if you will

yeah, but this time around tim and co. really upped the stupid ante

i knew the ipad maxi was coming, i didn't know it would ultimately be part of the apple surface

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

triple sulk posted:

super late but lol i had this phone like 7-8 years ago

here's the new fun thing it does: mms seems to confuse it about half of the time (80% of the time for pictures) so it will go into a send/receive mode that will some of the time silently prevent all calls and texts from going through. at least it has threaded texting (that i had to manually install with a rom i found linked from some long dead winmo forum)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's very fast to type on, but rarely does the phone keep up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fun part: i got to use the hello moto ringtone long after it was cool and all the way back around into ironic territory

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Management posted:

I hope you aren't this bad at other life decisions

there was a period of three months wherein i used a kin two until it loving broke. also, yes, horrible decisions front to back.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

also quick reminder: the iphone 6/6+ bends with normal use and there's no reason to expect the 6s/6s+ will do otherwise

normal ususe: keeping pheone in abckpockejt like some typ eof idiot dog and sititng on a corner withth it. grabbing phone by endns and forcibily bending it. throwing pehon against a rokc until it is bent.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

normal ususe: keeping pheone in abckpockejt like some typ eof idiot dog and sititng on a corner withth it. grabbing phone by endns and forcibily bending it. throwing pehon against a rokc until it is bent.

yes, carrying it in a pocket would qualify as "normal use" and should not result in bending

funny how no other model of iphone did that prior to the iphone 6

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Stymie posted:

yes, carrying it in a pocket would qualify as "normal use" and should not result in bending

I thought that it was because of the lovely hipsters and their tight skinny jeans and putting the phone in the back pocket.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

i keep my bespoke and aritisinal iphoen 6 in my v tight hipster apockets andn do not have an isisue as i onyl us e the dfront one s like a nromala human

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

*sitis osn devicei mad eof metal and a big plate fo glass*

i c annt believe i bokr ei tiwht my ididot rear end it broke

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trilljester posted:

I thought that it was because of the lovely hipsters and their tight skinny jeans and putting the phone in the back pocket.

no it was because of the poor design

folks didn't just miraculously start putting it in the wrong pocket, they put in the pocket they always did and the lovely design meant they bent with normal use

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

born on a buy you posted:

because they're figurative retards mostly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

*drasg knife accross sofot covering of lcd screnen.*

*graphicsi liquid leaks ehveyrwhere*

the lcd baroons ar efucking me agian....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
have you heard?? the iphone 6 bends during normal use!

But only if you;re holding it wrong!!!

• Locked thread