Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zen death robot posted:

stop drunkposting stux

stop aposting a tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
*drops cigarete in pudlde and i uanblae to light it*

this is lthe last time i buy camels....

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

remember when those british teens bent the phone in the store?? good times from the island nation.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
*walkis intoto store and smashses a mirror*

lol nicie mirroros ididot its broke now hahahagah mayeb AMEK BETTER EMIRRORS>

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Stymie posted:

no it was because of the poor design

folks didn't just miraculously start putting it in the wrong pocket, they put in the pocket they always did and the lovely design meant they bent with normal use

But I don't understand how can something very thin with a large surface area and made of aluminium bend so easily?? This is mysterious to me and I don't understand at all! -jony ive, literal lackey to the british throne and noted idiot

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

is the apple thread unironically discussing the best case for their iPhones like a bunch of dypers

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stux posted:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stux posted:

lol i just remembered that video of the two teens who walked into an apple store and did exactly this

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Necc0 posted:

lol i just remembered that video of the two teens who walked into an apple store and did exactly this

same!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao the iphone 6 was so poorly made it had a camera sticking out of the back and it bent with normal use. they made the 6s slightly thicker to try to fix it but who knows also they didn't fix the camera lol.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Shaggar posted:

lmao the iphone 6 was so poorly made it had a camera sticking out of the back and it bent with normal use. they made the 6s slightly thicker to try to fix it but who knows also they didn't fix the camera lol.

don't you own an iphone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I own the last good iphone (4s) but it has been destroyed by ios 7+8. I'm very excited for the new windows 10 phones

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Stymie posted:

yes, carrying it in a pocket would qualify as "normal use" and should not result in bending

funny how no other model of iphone did that prior to the iphone 6

the 4 and 5 also bent just no youtubers made videos about it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stux posted:

turn on auto correct so there are words when you post at least

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Linguica posted:

is the apple thread unironically discussing the best case for their iPhones like a bunch of dypers
sorry :(

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dont get a case

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

dont set it down

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

iphone too thin without case

iphone too wide with case

life is pain and suffering

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shaggar posted:

I own the last good iphone (4s) but it has been destroyed by ios 7+8. I'm very excited for the new windows 10 phones

ur just a big fat judas

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

only 80s dudes will get this

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

ur just a big fat judas

certainly fat

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the windows 10 phone doesn't work with regular use

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

echinopsis posted:

i groaned

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Triglav posted:

which is to say there's no proof that they did

thanks for knuckling under mid-post

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

trilljester posted:

I thought that it was because of the lovely hipsters and their tight skinny jeans and putting the phone in the back pocket.

Stux posted:

i keep my bespoke and aritisinal iphoen 6 in my v tight hipster apockets andn do not have an isisue as i onyl us e the dfront one s like a nromala human

maniacdevnull posted:

But I don't understand how can something very thin with a large surface area and made of aluminium bend so easily?? This is mysterious to me and I don't understand at all! -jony ive, literal lackey to the british throne and noted idiot

Triglav posted:

don't quote stymie you loving idiots

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just close your eyes and walk away from the screen people

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it's actually what I go for every post

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Stymie posted:

which is to say there's no proof that they did

thanks for knuckling under mid-post

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22iphone+5%22+%22bent%22&tbm=isch
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22iphone+4%22+%22bent%22&tbm=isch

hth

pram
Jun 10, 2001
youve gone and done it laddy

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol look reeeeeal close at most of those pics and see if you can find the surprise! (hint: they're iphones 6)

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
mmm glassed butt

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Stymie posted:

lol look reeeeeal close at most of those pics and see if you can find the surprise! (hint: they're iphones 6)

i want to go ahead quote stymie and say that i agree

yeah apple can do better like making the small 4s sized phone with a9 SoC in it or an unbendable iphone and that idiot users need to be protected from themselves and there's no excuse for apple to make something bad just because other manufacturers made something worse

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
but at the same time they are still the only option if you want to enjoy the benefit of the recent tech advancements

sticking with your 4s?

well guess you will miss out the faster lte speed, voice over lte, noise cancelling that basically allow you to talk in a bar and still hear each other, much faster SoC with better battery life, brighter screen with much more accurate colour that looks decent even in the sun, better camera with the latest sensor that does on-sensor phase detection for instant AF, better and more efficient radio and so on

it all adds up

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

nm remembered out what my case solution should be

the day yospos went too far

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DaNzA posted:

but at the same time they are still the only option if you want to enjoy the benefit of the recent tech advancements

sticking with your 4s?

well guess you will miss out the faster lte speed, voice over lte, noise cancelling that basically allow you to talk in a bar and still hear each other, much faster SoC with better battery life, brighter screen with much more accurate colour that looks decent even in the sun, better camera with the latest sensor that does on-sensor phase detection for instant AF, better and more efficient radio and so on

it all adds up

idg the point here. if you want an outwardly physically superior phone you can't get new nice things. that is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

zen death robot posted:

I have an iPhone 6 and I have no idea how you could bend it without trying to

the isisue is literlally form peopele keeping their fphone in their backpockekts and then getitgns surprise dhwne it brekaks when they sit on it all day.

• Locked thread