Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Gerry Anderson had great ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYW7kkHyI4

The Hammond and horn section in this one is loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Gerry Anderson had great ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYW7kkHyI4

The Hammond and horn section in this one is loving great.

It's like a live action Thunderbirds! I've never seen this show before.

UFO

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Oasx posted:

In other words the issues he had with Marvel were wildly exaggerated.

Yeah Whedon stepping away from being the head honcho of the Marvel CU was just him burning out from the stress of it rather than any personal problems between him and Marvel.

He's said he had about five more years of doing it and he would've loved them, except he'd be dead from the stress by the end.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

twistedmentat posted:

It's like a live action Thunderbirds! I've never seen this show before.

UFO

It's actually a really intelligent series too.I always have a cognitive disconnect watching it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's actually a really intelligent series too.I always have a cognitive disconnect watching it.

I think I would have loved it as a kid.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Neowyrm posted:

My love of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is very well documented, but I will say that this series and the films have some of the most boring-rear end music, like god drat.
The "Don't Fear the Reaper" intro for season one episode "Turn, turn, turn" was badass... although it also highlights how lame the normal music is.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nah, the Agents of SHIELD soundtrack is awesome, especially when it veers off into knowingly cheesy territory, like in Aftermath of the Uprising. It's such a gung-ho electric guitar ballad that you expect Stacy Keach to start talking about Ford trucks or American cotton and it's 100% fantastic because of it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-agents-of-shield-chloe-bennett-debuts-quake-costume-20150913-story.html

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Sad that the tactical hoodie-neck is gone, but that uniform looks awesome.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rip tacti-scarf, but that sure is some Daisy Johnson.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Hakkesshu posted:

I think it's insane that they haven't made a new Star Trek show, like what the gently caress are they doing. There's no way that won't be a huge hit in today's TV environment

It's tricky, the new iteration of Star Trek are action movies, one very good and one alright. The cast and effects would be too expensive to serialise and doing a show with a different cast and budget would dilute the brand and confuse people or whatever the speak is.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Vitamin P posted:

It's tricky, the new iteration of Star Trek are action movies, one very good and one alright. The cast and effects would be too expensive to serialise and doing a show with a different cast and budget would dilute the brand and confuse people or whatever the speak is.

CBS owns the tv rights. So you have a bit of a Marvel/Fox situation where both sides are saying "gently caress those guys, we'd rather have no money than have to share!"

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I like that the 'Quake' logo is on the back.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I like that the 'Quake' logo is on the back.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3: Quad Damage

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

PunkBoy posted:

I was so caught up in how awesome the new gear is that I forgot about the tactical scarf/hoodie.

Hopefully everyone gets some sweet upgrades now that SHIELD isn't a covert, ragtag operation anymore. Also, Fitz should get a monkey.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Maybe simmons comes back as a monkey-woman

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

wereboat posted:

Maybe simmons comes back as a monkey-woman

Oh, come on! Jemma Simians! It was right there!

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
One of the things I hope we see this season is Daisy using her powers in new and interesting ways, beyond "points her hand at something and it vibrates".

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It doesn't even really vibrate, it just gets pushed and stuff. I wanna see her tear down a building or something.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd like to see enough limitations on it that she has to keep kicking arse with a gun and martial arts, though.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I'd like to see enough limitations on it that she has to keep kicking arse with a gun and martial arts, though.

That scene towards the end of the last season was one of the best shot on television.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

enraged_camel posted:

That scene towards the end of the last season was one of the best shot on television.

lol

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I was so caught up in how awesome the new gear is that I forgot about the tactical scarf/hoodie.

Hopefully everyone gets some sweet upgrades now that SHIELD isn't a covert, ragtag operation anymore. Also, Fitz should get a monkey.

A couple shots of her in her new uniform doesn't mean the scarf is going away, it means they're showing off her new uniform.

DukeofCA posted:

One of the things I hope we see this season is Daisy using her powers in new and interesting ways, beyond "points her hand at something and it vibrates".

She'll save a lot of money in batteries, that's for sure.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

DukeofCA posted:

just so long as there's completely gratuitous slowmo every time she does, I'm happy

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Soothing Vapors posted:

just so long as there's completely gratuitous slowmo every time she does, I'm happy

I know have this image of her using her powers for various mundane, everyday things accompanied by entirely unnecessary slowmo and it is wonderful.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

enraged_camel posted:

The one-take? Yeah it was good for this show in particular, but for television overall this blows it away.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

Maybe an extreme statement. But that fight was better executed action than a lot of films.

Having just watched Daredevil at the time, my reaction was more "Man, I bet their TV division has hired some really badass fight choreographers, I wonder if they're using the same ones?" I still wonder that. AoS suddenly got way, way, way better action sequences right around the time Daredevil landed with it's own very impressive action sequences.

Anyone know if they hired some top-notch Hong Kong fight directors or something? It's very noticeable.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Everyone loves the one-shot sequence, but not enough love gets thrown at the May vs. May and the May vs. Whiplash fights. Also, Coulson jiu-jitsuing Cal.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Phylodox posted:

Everyone loves the one-shot sequence, but not enough love gets thrown at the May vs. May and the May vs. Whiplash fights. Also, Coulson jiu-jitsuing Cal.

My favorite "fight" scene is Ward owning himself when he shoots Not-May

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Uh, Whiplash died at the end of Iron Man 2. I'm guessing you meant Absorbing Man?

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/643538116804874240

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

Uh, Whiplash died at the end of Iron Man 2. I'm guessing you meant Absorbing Man?

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/643538116804874240

No, Marcus Scarlotti. The guy with the chain blade thingy. Also Whiplash. Welcome to comics.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They also have videos for:

Bobbie And Hunter
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/641801099704315904

Grant Ward
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/643081200421183488

Bobbie Morse
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/643929227302055936

And a Season 3 Promo
https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/status/642148763830611968

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phylodox posted:

No, Marcus Scarlotti. The guy with the chain blade thingy. Also Whiplash. Welcome to comics.

Ah. Of course! :comics:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's actually :movies: this time.

The character Mickey Rourke plays in Iron Man 2 was an original character, merging Whiplash and a character called Crimson Dynamo. He's since been introduced to the comics though.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

PunkBoy posted:

They seem to be getting better at costuming as the show goes on. I mean, it's not a super-flashy costume or anything, but it just looks right.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

imperialparadox posted:

They seem to be getting better at costuming as the show goes on. I mean, it's not a super-flashy costume or anything, but it just looks right.

Everything looks amazing compared to season one dethlok.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Blazing Ownager posted:

Maybe an extreme statement. But that fight was better executed action than a lot of films.

Having just watched Daredevil at the time, my reaction was more "Man, I bet their TV division has hired some really badass fight choreographers, I wonder if they're using the same ones?" I still wonder that. AoS suddenly got way, way, way better action sequences right around the time Daredevil landed with it's own very impressive action sequences.

Anyone know if they hired some top-notch Hong Kong fight directors or something? It's very noticeable.

I thought Daredevil actually hurt the AoS fight sequences because it showed just how much better they could be. The one-shot felt like a dance where she was just going through the steps, all pre-planned and flowing. There wasn't a moment of danger or "oh poo poo didn't see that coming."

The fight with clone girl was a little better, but still was very, very, very choreographed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kayakyakr posted:

The one-shot felt like a dance where she was just going through the steps, all pre-planned and flowing. There wasn't a moment of danger or "oh poo poo didn't see that coming."

Well yeah, that was the intent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Skye was taking out nameless mooks. Even Fitz and Simmons are probably able to take down a few nameless mooks at this point without breaking a sweat. Hell, the Koenigs could probably do some pretty badass damage.

• Locked thread