Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Wezlar posted:

Also the fact that whoever gets first pick in game 2 automatically gets leshrac is hilarious

not if lesh is banned in game 1. both bans and picks cannot be used in further games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Wezlar posted:

The lineups in game 3s are going to be pretty loving comical

the finals are Bo5 so if the series goes to the final game then 80 of the 100 heroes will be gone

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Khagan posted:

I think I'd prefer CD but with double the amount of heroes in the pool.

27 is fine I think. I could see taking it up to 36 with 8 bans, though.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Oh wow even the game 2s are going to be horrible

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

HGH posted:

I dunno, doesn't the fact that banning 20 heroes out of 100 just show how unbalanced the game is?

what

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sunsfan rightly gets a lot of poo poo but the Captain's Draft tournament owns and I have no reason to think that this one won't either.

Also the A-Z dual lane challenge he did with Synderen on the DC channel was pretty good once they changed the videos to Synderen's perspective.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

HGH posted:

I dunno, doesn't the fact that banning 20 heroes out of 100 just show how unbalanced the game is?
No, it just shows that hero picks are often interdependent.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I like the idea of elimination mode. Would be nice to see people play heroes outside of the current flavors.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CampingCarl posted:

No, it just shows that hero picks are often interdependent.
Actually I miscounted, it's more like 40 heroes banned after the second game, and yeah that's kinda ridiculous.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

HGH posted:

Actually I miscounted, it's more like 40 heroes banned after the second game, and yeah that's kinda ridiculous.

Or is it awesome. I'm gonna go with awesome.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh totally, I'm sure we'll see some crazy stuff. I just didn't think things through when it comes to how varied the picks will be.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khisanth Magus posted:

Or is it awesome. I'm gonna go with awesome.

Even better, I'm looking through the reddit thread (since some of the moonduck guys are responding to questions) and it's not based on the captain's mode pool, it's actually all heroes available.

We might get to see Earth Spirit and Oracle in competitive :getin:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

At first I read it that a hero being picked/banned takes it out of the pool for the rest of the tournament in every game for everyone. Which wouldn't actually work but I still want to see it.

Also I really hope the bo5 goes the distance. 90 heroes banned heh

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 14, 2015

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Any idea where the Nanyang Dota 2 Championships: Chinese Qualifiers will be streamed? I'll be working but want to watch some crazy chinese b-tier dota vods later on.

e: I'll be rooting for hyperglory team and prettyhaw.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Boatswain posted:

Any idea where the Nanyang Dota 2 Championships: Chinese Qualifiers will be streamed? I'll be working but want to watch some crazy chinese b-tier dota vods later on.

e: I'll be rooting for hyperglory team and prettyhaw.

I hope there's more secretcasting.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

BTS is the caster for the tournament so I imagine it will be them

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zoness posted:

I hope there's more secretcasting.

envy has "Coming up: Good Kappa Studios w/ Pieliedie & Misery" in his streamtitle so you may partially be in luck
http://www.twitch.tv/eternalenvyy

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
"I keep thinkin aui is c9"
"makes sense, if you didn't kick him, you know, and *cough*"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
yeah i actually cant understand envy at all.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
"do you like the name Digital Chaos for a team"
"no"
"I actually hate it"

this stream is pure gas

edit: bloodrage on skywrath :v:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 14, 2015

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Flame cast is the only worthwhile cast

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

These Defense games have really good fights. And by really good I mean support Clock killing fleeing carry Bloodseeker with blademail damage off the Blood Rite.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

I don't think Fire is going to New York

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lamentable dustman posted:

the meme studio is doing a cool tournament starting thursday

http://moonduck.tv/articles/9-moonduck-presents-elimination-mode

it will use a new mode they created called elimination draft where any heroes that get drafted or banned are banned for the rest of the series

its hilarious how many people have no idea there is a game of dota beyond the top 20 pubtrash. you get rid of all pick in ranked and all of a sudden people might not get burnt out so quickly on the game playing with/against the same poo poo over and over and over, especially considering its taking longer and longer and longer for patches to come out (thanks valve). the pro scene needs this fresh air more than anything you can hardly see a difference between a pub game lineup and a pro game lineup anymore. this is the best idea.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

JollyPubJerk posted:

its hilarious how many people have no idea there is a game of dota beyond the top 20 pubtrash. you get rid of all pick in ranked and all of a sudden people might not get burnt out so quickly on the game playing with/against the same poo poo over and over and over, especially considering its taking longer and longer and longer for patches to come out (thanks valve). the pro scene needs this fresh air more than anything you can hardly see a difference between a pub game lineup and a pro game lineup anymore. this is the best idea.

Dude you only play Bloodseeker

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I think the Elimination Mode tournament would be way cooler if there were a single team I cared about involved, but it's probably good for the health of the scene or whatever if there's interesting tournaments for the B-listers

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wezlar posted:

Dude you only play Bloodseeker

thats how versatility is maxed on my graph right

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

JollyPubJerk posted:

thats how versatility is maxed on my graph right

6.84c ranked:
789 matches - 49.81% winrate: 393 wins 396 losses
341 Bloodseeker matches - 57.48% winrate: 196 wins 145 losses
448 matches without bloodseeker - 43.97% winrate: 197 wins 251 losses

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gogey youre actually brain damaged

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.
you see this graph on a buggy and unreliable profile feature page says this therefore...

MuffinMan fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 15, 2015

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

personally ive scored 69 first bloods in the last 20 matches, furthermore my champion diversity statistic says

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

JollyPubJerk posted:

gogey youre actually brain damaged

341 games as bloodseeker

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Did they ever specify a date for the Fall Majors? I live in the south hemisphere so I have no idea when it's fall up there, which may make this obvious. Assuming there's a three month gap for each major it means next one should be in November, correct?

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Azran posted:

Did they ever specify a date for the Fall Majors? I live in the south hemisphere so I have no idea when it's fall up there, which may make this obvious. Assuming there's a three month gap for each major it means next one should be in November, correct?

all we know about the Fall Major is that there will be a Fall Major.
E: I guess they have said that it's in November.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Azran posted:

Hmmm, lets use some logic here. Perhaps fall for us is the same as spring for you.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
No, see, American company Valve has announced the Fall Majors with Argentina and Australia in mind. You know, other countries that call Autumn Fall.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
No one calls Autumn Fall in Australia.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Ragingsheep posted:

No one calls Autumn Fall in Australia.

:thejoke:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

MuffinMan posted:

you see this graph on a buggy and unreliable profile feature page says this therefore...

Surely my friend has stacked 1399 camps in the previous 20 games and is destined to become the next PPD

Also I lost horrible in two games where I got nothing and my farming bar went up so that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

gangnam reference posted:

341 games as bloodseeker

• Locked thread