Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Astro7x posted:

Wrestlers NOT in the main game:

Main Roster - Superstars
Alex Riley
Braun Strowman
Bubba Ray Dudley
David Otunga
Diego
Fernando
Jamie Nobel
Jason Albert
Joey Mercury

Main Roster - Divas
Becky Lynch
Charlotte
Rosa Mendes
Sasha Banks
Lana

NXT - Superstars
Angelo Dawkins
Apoollo Crews
Blake
Bull Dempsey
Chad Gable
Corey Graves*
Dash Wilder
Jason Jordon
Marcus Louis
Mojo Rawley
Murphy
Rhyno
Samoa Joe
Sawyer Fulton
Scott Dawson
Solomon Crowe
Sylvester LeFort
Tye Dillinger

NXT - Divas
Alexa Bliss
Bayley
Carmella
Dana Brooke

These are all wrestlers that have appeared in previous games since WWE 13, but not as a part of the main roster (so no CM Punk, AJ Lee, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Justin Gabriel, etc. + Bill DeMott, Hogan).

Legends/Alumni Missing Since 2K13
Animal (13)
Big Bossman (13)
Big John Studd (14)
Bruno Sammartino (14)
Chainsaw Charlie (13)
Curt Hennig (14)
Dusty Rhodes (14)
Eddie Guerrero (13)
Gangrel (13)
Godfather (13)
Goldberg (14)
Grand Master Sexay (13)
The Great Khali (15)*
Hawk (13)
King Kong Bundy (14)
Mike Tyson (13)
Rob Van Dam (15)*
Road Dogg (13)
Scotty 2 Hotty (13)
Scott Hall (14)
Scott Steiner (14)
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase (14)
Val Venis (13)
Virgil (14)
Yokozuna (14)

Lita
Trish Stratus

Just updated my list of people NOT in the game. I can't believe that they got almost the entire main roster for the guys in the game. How lovely must it be to be Alex Riley, or Diego/Fernando though?

It's also weird that they said UNIQUE MODELS or whatever, yet we still have two version of Big show, 3 different Undertakers, 2 Stephanie's...

Surprised that they didn't bring back Mike Tyson because of his involvement going into WM14.

Oh well... still lots of room for this list of people to be included as DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there might be some more nxt people that have been on tv and are training but aren't on the nxt site yet. thinking of Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. not that I'd expect them to be in but for anyone planning future CAWs

edit: Kana

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm surprised there's no Klassic Kane.

GenericMartini posted:

If there is an old dudes pack it's probably gonna have the Dudleyz. Also a long shot of Owen Hart considering there's that new Owen dvd WWE is making.

That's without his widow's consent so there's no chance of Owen's likeness getting licensed out for a video game.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 14, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If they put in Tajiri to cover Austin's "You're a wise man, Tie-jiri" angle, I can finally put back together one of my favorite ECW tag teams, Tajiri & Whipwreck. I'd still have to CAW Sinister Minister for their manager but that's easy enough.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Mikey goddamn Whipwreck. Sold.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I must confess to not being familiar with Mikey Whipwreck, other than the name. He was kinda a can't catch a break gimmick, right? I remember people saying Colin Delaney was just a Whipwreck clone. I'm glad other people seem happy about it though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

DoctorDelaware posted:

Mikey goddamn Whipwreck. Sold.

Universe mode this year is going to be sweet, with my main eventers Meng, Mikey Whipwreck, Macho Man Randy Savage, and American Bad rear end The Undertaker.

projecthalaxy posted:

I must confess to not being familiar with Mikey Whipwreck, other than the name. He was kinda a can't catch a break gimmick, right? I remember people saying Colin Delaney was just a Whipwreck clone. I'm glad other people seem happy about it though.

He was the ultimate "Everyman" wrestler for the 90s. Yeah, he also had a propensity for getting his rear end beat. Also Stone Cold adopted the Stunner as a finisher from Whipwreck's whippersnapper.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

He was the ultimate "Everyman" wrestler for the 90s.

He did naturally what Tommy Dreamer built a career on trying to be.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I would expect the Four Horsewomen to be the first wave of DLC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mikey's early run in ECW was basically 'wins titles by accident/is terrified because this means he's going to be killed'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqN7invUNk8

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

PunkBoy posted:

I would expect the Four Horsewomen to be the first wave of DLC.

gently caress yeah paul roma and mongo mcmichael confirmed

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yo does your MyPlayer take up a CAW spot in 2k15/16

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
How can the Million Dollar Man not be in a game featuring Steve Austin career mode?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

I don't know who that's supposed to be, but it is not Mikey Whipwreck.

Also I think the Austin mode is just current day Austin reliving his past by putting his old gear on:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Nut Bunnies posted:

Looks more like the lovechild of Andre and Santino.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Nut Bunnies posted:

Please tell me they actually modeled him off of the first result on Google Images.

:effort:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Well they could bring him in for scanning but uh he weighs 400 pounds these days.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They face scan the old wrestlers and their old faces and then put them in that way. Jake's face is bigger as well as Mikey and Austins.

Wonder what their Loser and Jesus Christ Superstar rip offs will sound like. Also weird that only a retro Mark Henry was announced and not a current one.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That shirt better be available in Create A Wrestler in its original form.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So I take it that 2K16 is the exact same game as last year, but with more wrestlers? We get the same crappy Universe and Career Modes, no create-a-finisher or create-a-storyline and no new match types.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
They say they have done work on MyCareer, they have brought back at least Arena and Title creation. It remains to be seen, but I'll probably still buy it because I hate myself.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jubs posted:

So I take it that 2K16 is the exact same game as last year, but with more wrestlers? We get the same crappy Universe and Career Modes, no create-a-finisher or create-a-storyline and no new match types.

This is exactly what I thought when they led with the "biggest roster ever!!" news.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

That shirt better be available in Create A Wrestler in its original form.

It better be. It'll allow us to be one step closer to creating a true to life goon in CAW.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I see 2k's beard technology hasn't quite advanced to Crytek levels yet.

http://youtu.be/mF3ZXWltLTw

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

super macho dude posted:

Good God that's awful. Dunno what looks worse, Enzo's beard or his pants.

Don't know how it's possible to get Enzo sounding so subdued, he's a man with a microphone tattooed on his hand, he's good at that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Chewy Bitems posted:

Good God that's awful. Dunno what looks worse, Enzo's beard or his pants.

Don't know how it's possible to get Enzo sounding so subdued, he's a man with a microphone tattooed on his hand, he's good at that.

Recording in a booth is how, anyone sounds awkward as poo poo with no crowd to play off. Go watch the Ricky Gervais standup boys from GTA 4, it's amazing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They can't make George Clooney sound like he gives a poo poo when he voices kids movies and they pay him millions of dollars. VA is a skill that most people don't naturally take to.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Basic Chunnel posted:

They can't make George Clooney sound like he gives a poo poo when he voices kids movies and they pay him millions of dollars. VA is a skill that most people don't naturally take to.

I'm kinda surprised they don't record that type of audio on site before the show. They could even let in a small number of fans for the sing-a-long part.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Wolfpac Sting shafted again

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RBX posted:

Wolfpac Sting shafted again

They had his face paint as a CAW option last game, so it'll probably be one of those things where they say "YOU fuckers do it if you want it so much" like how they included Mankind's mask, or the "embrace your hate" welding mask, or how they had every single member of Evolution, plus their titantron,plus their music, PLUS their entrance, but they weren't a default stable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Yessss

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Can that hair be any worse? Is there a thing they could do to make it look shittier?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice night for a walk.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The more you beat up on Arnold, he should shed down to his exoskeleton.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
So I'm guessing the "story mode" will be Austin's career with the Hollywood Blondes along others, in addition to maybe Undertaker and the streak?

I really hope they get an NXT Women's DLC pack, I want to see some video game wavy tube men.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Press A to hand out slap bracelet.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

super macho dude posted:

So they're still not even trying to have the crowd chant/sing/etc along with the wrestlers? That's the entire loving point of their entrance.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

They tried to sync up a YES chant and it sounded awful.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Can that hair be any worse? Is there a thing they could do to make it look shittier?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Long Hair and beards have basically always been bugbears in CG, needing lots of power and memory for realistic look and (particularly) strand physics. The super high-end studios have only just come around to making it not completely suck (I think it was just last year that Eidos made hair rendering a key part of their hype presentation for the new Deus Ex game). 2K is not going to spend Good Hair money on a non-core franchise. It doesn't help that wrestling is one of the few sport entertainments where long hair is really common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I know it was a few years ago but seriously, go look at the hair in Human Revolution, a core franchise, one published by Square Goddamn Enix, one that took four years to make, and then tell me you expect a yearly released non-madden sport game published for consoles to look any better.