Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

homeless snail posted:

Gorillaz is unacceptable in every culture
There have been a lot of lovely posts in this thread lately, but this is the worst by a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Important weekly release schedule update: 3D Sonic 2 isn't until next week, I guess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A photo from last year showing the now president of Nintendo next to the man himself, frail as gently caress and still recovering from surgery, but radiating energy. He really was special.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i love iwata. the guy seemed like a ridiculously chill and cool dude.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Gorillaz is unacceptable in every culture

I'll punch your face.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
gorillaz is bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Hey guys the Beatles are a bad band am I cool because I have a stupid opinion I am right

vv ok I'll come clean I don't have any strong feelings towards the beatles but I do have strong feelings for gorillaz. It makes me feel bad when people say bad things about them is all. Whoo I'm glad I got that off my chest!

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 14, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Gorillaz rules, and the Beatles weren't so much especially good or bad as they were aggressively marketable. They were the prototype boy band, complete with easy-to-compartmentalize personality tropes!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

anime is good, and the Gorillaz are anime, therefore, Gorillaz good

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

the beatles, gorillaz, and anime: all good things! also the new nintendo 3DS family of systems

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is the new Miku game harder or easier the Project Divas games ?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Is the new Miku game harder or easier the Project Divas games ?

"Easier" and "about the same" depending on the song. There is an extreme mode available for some songs, but it takes a while to unlock.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I would play the everliving gently caress out of a Gorillaz anime 3DS rhythm game.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

i love iwata. the guy seemed like a ridiculously chill and cool dude.

I'm posting the Iwata Game Center CX segment again because it's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qdRzxmgYWo

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Morter posted:

So what would you guys recommend? Should I go get Mirai anyway? Or should I consider another one? For what it's worth, I'm not too much of a 'Vocaloid' or idol fan, but neither am I a Final Fantasy fan (which is why I didn't get Theatrhythm).

A bit late but:

Even if you don't like Final Fantasy, the music is pretty good. Also, PM has like 48 songs, FFT:CC has over 200, and they're usually a bit shorter then the PM ones I played in the Demo, which actually nice, as the PM songs tend to drag after like 3 minutes of tapping.

You can also buy songs from games like Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger, The World Ends with you, Neir, and a few others. You have three types of Stages, Event is like the PM songs, Battle and Field are sorta similar, but where as Battle is usually faster paced songs, with each of your party members getting a rhythm line, Field gives you slower songs on one line, but adds moving the cursor on hold triggers.

The other Bonus to FFTCC is that the songs vary from 8-bit beeps and boops to fully orchestrated songs, and a few have vocals, so you should find a few songs you like. Also, no electronic vocals that can cause your ears to bleed.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think theatrhythm has better gameplay but mirai is wayyyy cuter

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Saoshyant posted:

A photo from last year showing the now president of Nintendo next to the man himself, frail as gently caress and still recovering from surgery, but radiating energy. He really was special.

Every picture of the new prez, he looks grim. Like, it's not the job he thought he would end up at, but it puts food on the table. Hundreds of years of proud samurai heritage to end up president of a toy and video game company seems to be carved on his grim countenance.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think they are both fun. The multiplayer is really neat in Curtain Call, but the diversity in things to do in Mirai is big. Try the demos. It's what they're for.

5er posted:

Every picture of the new prez, he looks grim. Like, it's not the job he thought he would end up at, but it puts food on the table. Hundreds of years of proud samurai heritage to end up president of a toy and video game company seems to be carved on his grim countenance.

Actually, he's worked for Nintendo for as long as he worked for a Japanese bank, which is pretty long in both cases and he could have stayed in the bank if he wanted. Guy just looks sternly at everything, he's a true Japanese businessman. And we won't be seeing him anyway, he'll just stay in the shadows doing his thing. Nintendo will never have another Iwata because there's no such thing as another Iwata, especially in the business world.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 14, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Actually, he's worked for Nintendo for as long as he worked for a Japanese bank, which is pretty long in both cases and he could have stayed in the bank if he wanted. Guy just looks sternly at everything, he's a true Japanese businessman. And we won't be seeing him anyway, he'll just stay in the shadows doing his thing. Nintendo will never have another Iwata because there's no such thing as another Iwata, especially in the business world.

I've been playing a lot of Mario Maker and there's a chance I might be the new Iwata

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

5er posted:

not every japanese person is descended from samurai

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Endorph posted:

Source??

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

That's right, some of them are ninjas too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

Um samurai isn't an ethnicity dude, it's a state of mind

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Endorph posted:

CEO's obviously are :jerkbag:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Endorph posted:

Yes they are. Honda Tadakatsu killed every Japanese male in the Sengoku period and repopulated the entirety of Japan.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What's the purpose of money in Xenoblade? There are no usable items to buy, trading works through barter, and gear is constantly upgraded from sideqest drops and bunnies making GBS threads jiggly plate mail. Am I missing something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

What's the purpose of money in Xenoblade? There are no usable items to buy, trading works through barter, and gear is constantly upgraded from sideqest drops and bunnies making GBS threads jiggly plate mail. Am I missing something?

You can buy upgrades to your skills from many stores.

That's about it. Money is just this side of worthless.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Anora posted:

A bit late but:

Even if you don't like Final Fantasy, the music is pretty good. Also, PM has like 48 songs, FFT:CC has over 200, and they're usually a bit shorter then the PM ones I played in the Demo, which actually nice, as the PM songs tend to drag after like 3 minutes of tapping.

You can also buy songs from games like Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger, The World Ends with you, Neir, and a few others. You have three types of Stages, Event is like the PM songs, Battle and Field are sorta similar, but where as Battle is usually faster paced songs, with each of your party members getting a rhythm line, Field gives you slower songs on one line, but adds moving the cursor on hold triggers.

The other Bonus to FFTCC is that the songs vary from 8-bit beeps and boops to fully orchestrated songs, and a few have vocals, so you should find a few songs you like. Also, no electronic vocals that can cause your ears to bleed.

Id like to present a counterpoint in that while Theatrythm has more songs and also has loads of DLC to keep expanding things, the music is generally not nearly as well-suited to a rhythm game. That isn't to say the music is bad or anything, it just isnt in the right genre.

Edit: Disclaimer, I have only played the first Theatrhythm and didnt buy any DLC. It is possible that my statements are entirely null and void with Curtain Call.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 14, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My biggest complaint with Theatrythm is that the Crystal Chronicles theme cuts off right before the bagpipes section.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gutcruncher posted:

Id like to present a counterpoint in that while Theatrythm has more songs and also has loads of DLC to keep expanding things, the music is generally not nearly as well-suited to a rhythm game. That isn't to say the music is bad or anything, it just isnt in the right genre.

Edit: Disclaimer, I have only played the first Theatrhythm and didnt buy any DLC. It is possible that my statements are entirely null and void with Curtain Call.

Seems fine to me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The thing that turned me off from Theatrythm was that its little bolted-on RPG was totally meaningless. It's a dumb problem to have with a music game, but I stand by it. It was almost totally divorced from the rhythm game itself, and the stats seemingly didn't matter. I think I would have been way more satisfied if they had used that part of the budget to make like pretty little sprite-based music videos for the tracks to go by in the background.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I absolutely loving hate FMS and it sours TTCC for me. Had all tracks been battle tracks, and the rpg elements toned down a tad, it may have been my favorite Rhythm game ever, alas.

"Oh no, he's using Judgment, kupo!"

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

SelenicMartian posted:

I ran out of money a few times while upgrading colony 6

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Gutcruncher posted:

Yeah, the music being shorter and intended for loops really hurts it for me. You don't get a big buildup over the course of most of the songs, they're just there for two or three minutes and then fade out. It feels more like you're playing samples.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
Did someone say Curtain Call??

... I miss buying CC DLC :(

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Welp, tonight I finally caved (mostly after getting a little frustrated with my old 3DS's R button starting to act up/fail during Smash, and finding a few ways to justify spending way more money than I usually like to do at once) and upgraded to the New 3DS XL. The system transfer went flawlessly, and holy poo poo is the screen on this thing loving gorgeous, especially during Smash. I'm kicking myself for not upgrading sooner, but I'm already happy that I did. Plus, my small amiibo collection is finally getting put into actual use aside from just staring at me on top of my computer. :)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I kinda want Nintendo to push Stern McStoneface as the new personality of Nintendo and force him to do all of this fun stuff like Nintendo Directs and cartoony poo poo and the whole time he's like "no, I'm not that kind of CEO..." and meanwhile his muppet looks like Sam the Eagle.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE just announced they'll be publishing Story of Seasons in Europe, it'll be out "Q1 2016".

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's Harvest Moon but they're not allowed to call it that any more, right? Was it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

That's Harvest Moon but they're not allowed to call it that any more, right? Was it good?

People say it's faster than A New Beginning, but it's still painfully sluggish for me (a whole week of tutorials), so I've haven't found the motivation to play for more than three hours.

All I got from it was a new urge to replay Rune Factory 4.