Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah, that's what I thought too because it seemed like an obvious way to keep people subscribed, and also because it seems like the intuitive way a service like that should work. I mean, once you have listened to the premium content you wanted to listen to, what reason do you have to stay subscribed? I guess wanting to be able to stream CBB #123 at will or something?
Of course, I'm sure earwolf will be putting out interesting new premium content every month and that aspect of the service won't be completely forgotten immediately, so you'll have to stay subscribed to get any of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
oh my god what is this HH episode

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
guys lets talk about yo is this racist

just kidding haha what the gently caress

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Haha the loving ad where it ends up just being Pixels.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hell yeah, some more maximum fun crossover

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Punch Card posted:

guys lets talk about yo is this racist

Blech.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Finally engineer Cody has his own show!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

UP AND ADAM posted:

oh my god what is this HH episode

uhhh HH is off for the week. Do you mean Grease Knows Eggs with Tom "Eggs" Scharpling and Engineer "Jacques Hairy Strap" "Engineer Codyboy" "Grease Nose" Cody?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
That was great. I'm usually not too crazy about Jesse when he's not JJHO's bailiff but he played his podcast mogul role perfectly here.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
hey maybe there should be a Hollywood handbook thread

cams
Mar 28, 2003

engineer codyboy's "color commentary" joke was good and he should be proud of himself for making a funny joke.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Has there been any talk of ADPPP season 2?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

It's definitely happening but we don't have a when last I knew. Daly was talking about it on a few things.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He's talked about it in a way that makes it sound like he definitely wants to do it, has everything in place for it, but just has to find the time. So I think it's safe to say that it'll happen, but he's been pretty drat busy lately.

On another note, has Howl put out any original (non-comedy album) content since launch? Is it going to be released monthly, or it just comes when it comes? Definitely going to drop my subscription if it's the latter and this is the pace of new content. Want to support it, but drat, give me a reason.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

On another note, has Howl put out any original (non-comedy album) content since launch? Is it going to be released monthly, or it just comes when it comes? Definitely going to drop my subscription if it's the latter and this is the pace of new content. Want to support it, but drat, give me a reason.

I don't think so. I was looking around the Earwolf forums and all I could find is that there's apparently at least one more episode of Hardcore Game of Thrones on the way

Maybe there'll be another big push once the Android app is done and they actually put up the paywall but yeah I dunno what they're thinking. It's weird to launch this whole network and then basically do nothing with it for an entire month

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
They could have even cut down on the episodes they put out initially of the special features and stuff. Maybe that's too cynical for Earwolf (well, Scripps) but it probably would entice people to subscribe, rather than offering everything for the first month and then nothing for a while afterwards.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I was expecting that because it was their big launch we'd get weekly content, at least at first. I was looking forward to a few Superego Forgotten Classics to roll out for a bit.

The whole thing reeks of Scripps wanting to monetize as quickly as possible. It's a shame, because in an alternate universe there's a version of this launch that went really well but was in January. They should have just called the current version a limited beta test to begin with. I just feel bad for Scott, who is the face of this thing but doesn't seem to have much direct control over it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
User experience? That's not really my realm of expertise.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tom scharpling must really like sean and hayes

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

sean and hayes are the only chance he has to get back into hollywood and recapture the thrills of his time with the defective detective.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's a neat payoff to the years-long bit he had on The Best Show about how all podcasts are inferior to it because they aren't live and three hours long.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Greese Nose is really the star of the duo tbh

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
great color commentary
"yeah I could say stuff like, yellow...purple.."

And as usual: the best ads in the business
"He's a video game attorney, not a video game attorney."

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

cams posted:

tom scharpling must really like sean and hayes

He was calling HH his favorite podcast on The Best Show well before he was on an episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Groucho Marxist posted:

He was calling HH his favorite podcast on The Best Show well before he was on an episode.
oh, that's rad. his first appearance is one of my favorite podcasts ever. just non-stop laughs.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD
its interesting to see how the guests on HH respond to being on the show choosing between playing along with Sean+Hayes as an insufferable, ego-manical celebrity power broker (sinbad, brian huskey) or reacting to the show's schtick in the more realistic fashion of acting perplexed and put off (aasif, ellie kemper).

i love how tom embodies both by harnessing a seething disdain for the whole operation but also a willingness to play along in the hopes that he hits it big with the help of a wolfcool backed venture.

the only other guest to successfully harness both these forms so throughly was pauly shore and that doesn't count since its already been revealed that most of his lines were prob fed to him by sean and he's actually a Really Cool Guy who Totally Gets It

cams
Mar 28, 2003

whiggles posted:

the only other guest to successfully harness both these forms so throughly was pauly shore and that doesn't count since its already been revealed that most of his lines were prob fed to him by sean and he's actually a Really Cool Guy who Totally Gets It
i don't know if I would have had the courage to call Sean a homo on his own podcast so pauly gets a lot of respect from me, as an artist.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Drunkboxer posted:

On Never Not Funny he said it's happening but every time he's asked about it he pushes it back a month

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
So this week's episode of HH is probably the funniest podcast episode of the year; pretty much no competition.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

So this week's episode of HH is probably the funniest podcast episode of the year; pretty much no competition.
see i actually think sharpling's first episode was his best

this was fantastic though

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

OSX error sound is my new favourite bit.

Ding.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

piratepilates posted:

OSX error sound is my new favourite bit.

Ding.

Yeah this was honestly the best.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Tom is really great at sounding genuinely pissed off, but still just enough pissed off that it'd still be funny to laugh at.
*Ding*
Mother fu-

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

If it was any other production company they'd be out on the street but since it's Ear-

*Ding*

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tom Scharpling muscling through lines like "so are you gonna bring a cake or blow out the campfire instead" was amazing

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

HA HAHA HA HA HA.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a new Howl show...You Know Me with Eugene Cordero

http://howl.fm/audio/playlists/4465/you-know-me

The Howl Twitter called it a mini series, so I guess they really are trying to do the Netflix thing where they put all the episodes up at once

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Nice but why are you posting that in the holly wood hand book mega thread

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Ehhhh wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Holly Wood Hand Book has never been good.

Putting all of these podcasts up at once is stupid. Howl was a bad idea. Scripps plateaued the Ear Wolf.