Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

woke up goddamn early, talking 330am to play new Destiny since it launched at 4 and man....

its so loving good. the new quests are great and well acted, this is how the story should have been from the start. tons of fun things to do, its a little overwhelming but that just means more content to look forward to.

one funny thing is that those red bull codes for more XP made a few of us who saved up a bunch of quests get to max level right away but im sure the leveling is pretty fast in general. its all about getting loot anyways.

and man, the new guns are loving great! sound awesome, of course they feel good too since bungie loving nails that poo poo down so good

new enemies are tough and interesting, I dread taking on the actual challenge versions since they have some hard tricks to get around (screen blindness, projectiles that can push you around and more)

if you didnt like destiny when it first came out its very, very much worth your time to see whats up. this update is AMAZING

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress this is so AWESOME! But alas, time for work. :3:

At 221 light and stuck with blue armor (purple DO chest tho) but all purp guns. loving Vanguard Suros!! But DO has a Omolon pulse (i think it was that, could have been scout) that ill gun for once I get the marks.

Suros AR (has a nice deep sounding fire sound)

DO Launcher, this thing is pretty goddamn huge.

Vanguard Shotgun, full auto ready to go!

Crucible Sidearm with a goddamn silencer

FishBulb posted:

It's the same game presented better and streamlined. It's a new grind for gear. It's not radically different it's a little better.

C411 posted:

The story is really fun and good and I can't believe it's from the same people responsible for the god awful vanilla campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

good that's what i wanna hear. my copy comes in the mail today and if i find the time tonight ill start playing (i probably wont find time)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OMG IM CUMMING SO HARD NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDuVK4J2hE8

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

a goon made a good super mario thing

http://gamesplusone.com/gmm/index.php

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ugh i still need to beat the base game :negative:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

I think if V was just chapter one it would be fine and people would be nowhere near as upset as they are now. The Phantom Pain(?!) of knowing they are missing out on something is riling people up. The game is fun to play with lots of badass and goofy moments so thats good enough for me.

i never looked into what was cut but the entire theme on revenge and big boss becoming a demon just kinda stop progressing and then suddenly the ending.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

yes yes yes yes yesssssssssssssss

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

god damnit bloodborne was so good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

woke up goddamn early, talking 330am to play new Destiny since it launched at 4 and man....

its so loving good. the new quests are great and well acted, this is how the story should have been from the start. tons of fun things to do, its a little overwhelming but that just means more content to look forward to.

one funny thing is that those red bull codes for more XP made a few of us who saved up a bunch of quests get to max level right away but im sure the leveling is pretty fast in general. its all about getting loot anyways.

and man, the new guns are loving great! sound awesome, of course they feel good too since bungie loving nails that poo poo down so good

new enemies are tough and interesting, I dread taking on the actual challenge versions since they have some hard tricks to get around (screen blindness, projectiles that can push you around and more)

if you didnt like destiny when it first came out its very, very much worth your time to see whats up. this update is AMAZING

Good lord, the amount of fail contained in this post is staggering.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i guess i just don't get destiny. i already did the online multiplayer gear treadmill with wow about a decade ago, changing it to a fps doesn't seem like enough innovation to get me back on

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

this requires way less time and commitment than WoW tho. you join up with some friends, blast some guys for a couple hours and youve accomplished a lot already. its fun for me and its such a well made FPS, esp. now with all the tweaks and fixes bungie have put in. their hard work shows and there is only gonna be more.

its not for everyone of course :)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue" lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

"Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue" lol

you forgot the HD

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Destiny's problem is dearth of content. They're doing a decent job fixing the systems but really they don't get full credit for it since its been like a year and the game cost $Texas to make but had some really bad decisions made regarding gear/grind.

As a PvE shooter with friends its as good as you can get. Movement/Controls are pretty much as good as you can possibly get on a console with a controller- when Bungie manages to get out of its own way it is a really fun game to play with other people you know.

Its basically my drunkgame of choice since I am too old and braindamaged to deal with MMOs anymore

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

god damnit bloodborne was so good
this. mgsv is great, but bloodborne is goty

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Fabricated posted:

Its basically my drunkgame of choice since I am too old and braindamaged to deal with MMOs anymore
we are all...

wait for it

broken toys

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

asscreed: swordcanes has its first dlc announced before the game is out, it is about jack the ripper

that series is dead.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
speaking of MMOs-lite I have really been enjoying D3 lately

got a weird lightning-focused build that's super fun, and I'm at T3 without a lot of effort. I wish the seasons were longer so I could level up a few different characters. anyone got tips on witch doctor

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I never could get a witch doctor past like 20 cause it was really boring to play.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

asscreed: swordcanes has its first dlc announced before the game is out, it is about jack the ripper

that series is dead.

dead creatively but still profitable

i wonder if it'll be unity level bad again

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i wish d3 had more items with specific requirements to get them. trying to get a set by just running rifts over and over and over again gets old, but doing stuff like organ farming or rrog hunting is actually fun

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

dead creatively but still profitable

i wonder if it'll be unity level bad again

the best asscreed game is 2 and even that one is merely ok-to-good. how that series is so successful is beyond me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Notorious QIG posted:

the best asscreed game is 2 and even that one is merely ok-to-good. how that series is so successful is beyond me

heavy promotion, easy formula, idiots on reddit that think swordcanes and capes are classy

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

*shakes first at call of duty*

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

more like call of poopy cause its poo poo imho

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cod4 is a legitimately great game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Shaggar posted:

I never could get a witch doctor past like 20 cause it was really boring to play.

same except demon hunter or inquisitor or whatever, face to group hold down gatling gun mode repeat nothing else kills enemies any faster and weapons are adjusting single digit points in triple digit situations

caught TGS last night, most things were expected but then GRAVITY DAZE TEAM IS WORKING ON and im fuckin hyped for gravity rush 2

also destiny is barely like an mmo, it's a really really mechanically great shootmans with occasional multiplayer and is great to just pick up now and then. and now it has a decent amount of content and probably justifies the $60 price tag

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
demon hunter was a pain to play into deep torment levels cause of no survivability. like I want to shoot poo poo, not constantly dodge everything.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
w/ wizard you just blast everything or w/ monk or barb u just pound on its face. those 3 are definitely still the best.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

i wish d3 had more items with specific requirements to get them. trying to get a set by just running rifts over and over and over again gets old, but doing stuff like organ farming or rrog hunting is actually fun

they've helped this by upping the blood shard limit (so more chances to gamble) and the set item conversion option. if you're regularly running t4 or t5 it shouldn't be that difficult

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Blackula69 posted:

they've helped this by upping the blood shard limit (so more chances to gamble) and the set item conversion option. if you're regularly running t4 or t5 it shouldn't be that difficult

im not though, my seasonal demon hunter has like no durability and her damage doesn't kick in until she hits the 4 bonus for her set (currently have two pieces)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

my wizard has a source that makes electricity jump between enemies even if they've already been hit, i have a gem that increases the damage for electricity by 25 per cent or more, and the weapon slot for my legendary skills means I do 815 per cent weapon damage to surrounding enemies whenever I cast a lightning spell

I'm pretty much emperor palpatine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah wizard rules

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I haven't played in a while but I played a wizard that used electrocute+frozen orb with every other skill being stuff meant to boost damage

I got that same item that makes electrocute jump to extra targets and targets it has already hit.

Basically orb to slow everything, electrocute to full mana, spam orb, repeat

it used to be really broken but they nerfed most of the stuff involved so its kinda eh now but it works and i like it

got a shitload of stuff boosting lightning and ice damage that rolled up well so I'm sticking with it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQb6os61H6M

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

knuc is right like always

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
also bloodborne dlc getting me pumped even though I didn't like the game that much

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

dragon enthusiast posted:

knuc is right like always

hows his NZ dick taste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
that loving circular saw on a pole

and that weird boss thing that kind of looks like if cronenberg designed vicar amelia

• Locked thread