Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Too bad. That squirrel was the most likable character in this strip.

9 Chickweed Lane

Welp, it looks like we are revisiting the Belgian balloon loving storyline.

Pibgorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Huh. Jane's World is still stuck at 9/11.

Non Sequitur

Yeah the new imgur format is weird. I don't see any improvement at all, though. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

Apparently fluent in cat-speak.

9 Chickweed Lane 9/15/2004

Zits

I own a Subaru, and I love it to death. NE Ohio winters and all. But Walt, why did you defect and buy a Prius?

Kevin & Kell

Mark Trail

... says Ken menacingly stroking his beard (well that's what it looked like at first glance) ... Wait, aren't WiFi signals poo poo under water?

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Sep 15, 2015

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Fyadophobic posted:

I can't get over how much better new Dick Tracy is than the last iteration. If I remember correctly the old one went out a lot like A3G is now, except a guy got eaten by rats or drowned or something.

I'm the exact opposite. The new one has a million new characters in every strip, at least half of which are some sort of aliens with magic powers and it's impossible to read or to care about anything that's going on. And I don't even like the art. Bring back Locher I say.

I don't think it's good to have the entire world controlled by a demented alcoholic who keeps having his driver(?) and secretary(?) do all the work.

Fingerpori

Classic Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, imgur's new "image sharing" page is loving terrible, isn't it?

The Dinette Set is lowbrow, and is a repeat.

Working Daze has no flow.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix continues the saga.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Arelon posted:

I'm the exact opposite. The new one has a million new characters in every strip, at least half of which are some sort of aliens with magic powers and it's impossible to read or to care about anything that's going on. And I don't even like the art. Bring back Locher I say.

It's funny because I was seriously just thinking the exact same thing. The new Dick Tracy is overwhelming and difficult to get into/follow. Too much poo poo in the scenes, too many characters, not enough reason to give a gently caress.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
...the gently caress is a mountain-jack?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

...the gently caress is a mountain-jack?

mountain-man/lumberjack I guess?

And why is he wearing glasses to look manly? He doesn't normally wear glasses.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Does anyone at all ever anywhere actually enjoy Chickweed lane? It's so annoying and faux pretentious.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Helicity posted:

It's funny because I was seriously just thinking the exact same thing. The new Dick Tracy is overwhelming and difficult to get into/follow. Too much poo poo in the scenes, too many characters, not enough reason to give a gently caress.
The creators are far too busy to prove how well they know Dick Tracy lore to turn out anything worthwhile. Doesn't help that they decided to continue Annie as well while they were at it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Taear posted:

Does anyone at all ever anywhere actually enjoy Chickweed lane? It's so annoying and faux pretentious.

I remember it having fans back before Brooke decided he didn't need comments from anyone. They were as pretentious as he was, with the same dismissal of anyone who didn't like the comic as trolls and/or philistines. I think they had a fan forum, too? I don't know what happened after Brooke told them all to gently caress off, though.

e: Oh yeah, they used to call him the "Worshipful Master". That should tell you everything you need to know.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Taear posted:

Brooke's pretension is very real.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Having the man with Alzheimer's change the password couldn't possibly have repercussions later.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'll be honest, I kind of like it. The ones with the characters interacting with the panel frame aren't particularly original but it's not like anyone else is doing it currently. I kind of like the weird mom going through psychosis in the form of that creepy imaginary friend.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Evil Mastermind posted:

e: Oh yeah, they used to call him the "Worshipful Master". That should tell you everything you need to know.

gently caress me that I remember this poo poo off the top of my head, but...

They called him "Honourable Master" and they still congregate at The Comfy Couch o' Confusion. Brooke telling his fans that he didn't need them only drove them off the comics.com page. They still lap his crap up and drool over pictures of gams 'n' teeth.

:eng99:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

csammis posted:

Brooke telling his fans that he didn't need them only drove them off the comics.com page. They still lap his crap up and drool over pictures of gams 'n' teeth.

:eng99:
God, that's depressing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Very nice. Light, clever, and amusing. Well done Mr. B.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arelon posted:

Fingerpori

Huh?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Miso(gynist).

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

miso = misogynist.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Short for misogynist, I'd assume. Never heard it shortened like that before though; maybe it's a Finnish thing?

e: Beaten like Mike Lester's wife.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Miso Soup, Misogynist Soup

e: f/b, aren't we all so helpful?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I would have sworn those were pronounced differently.

Esplanade posted:

Never heard it shortened like that before though; maybe it's a Finnish thing?
Also that.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The stupid "mandatory album" thing makes imgur slightly less fun and convenient. And suddenly there aren't any embed codes now, either. Gotta type this crap out like a caveman. LIKE A CAVEMAN!

FOR FUNKY GODDAMN GOAT-RAPING WINKERBEAN!

Not the segue I envisioned for a Bloom County 2015 with George Lucas in it, but them's the breaks.

Skippy (July 17, 1928)

Peanuts (September 17, 1968)

Funky Goddamn Goat-Raping Winkerbean

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 28-29, 1927)

Thimble Theater (April 3, 1929)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:siren: Hey comic uploaders, I just noticed something with the new Imgur layout (on Chrome, anyway).

If you're using the "Imgur upload" plug-in to upload your images, then you seemingly can't get the share codes.

BUT, if you right-click/copy image, and upload it through the main page by clicking the blue button on the top and ctrl-v'ing, then you get to a screen with all the sharing options and it doesn't add the "imgur" source tag thing. They're in the same place, they just made the sharing options a "click for more options" thing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Popeye the dick of a Sailor is a much better comic.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

[:techno:] I see imgur has made their upload page slightly less awful than it was when I was complaining last night. Still pretty awful, but hopefully they're still working on it.

Edit:

Evil Mastermind posted:

:siren: Hey comic uploaders, I just noticed something with the new Imgur layout (on Chrome, anyway).

If you're using the "Imgur upload" plug-in to upload your images, then you seemingly can't get the share codes.

BUT, if you right-click/copy image, and upload it through the main page by clicking the blue button on the top and ctrl-v'ing, then you get to a screen with all the sharing options and it doesn't add the "imgur" source tag thing. They're in the same place, they just made the sharing options a "click for more options" thing.

I'm also on Chrome. When uploading multiple images, it automatically turns them into an album so that I just get this:

Which doesn't really help much, since I don't post these things as albums on SA.

I have noticed that if you hover over individual album pictures now, you do get some cop/paste options, but they're really only good for helping me post Luann (which is smallish even when blown up) and not the enormous table breaking images linked behind merely huge thumbnails that I tend to post with Comics Kingdom comics.

I decided to make a text macro with the bb code. It'll work, I think.
[/:techno:]

Luann

The Fire Department doesn't give a poo poo about your cat. :(

The Amazing Spider-Man

Dude. Newspaper Peter Parker. This is pathetic, even for you.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 15, 2015

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

At the risk of overrunning the thread with shop talk, I've never used the plug-ins (because I'm a freak like that) and the ability to get share codes dropped out on me in the middle of prepping the morning post. It was very annoying.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When's the last time Newspaper Spider-Man had a story where he wasn't upstaged by another hero? Is it a team-up strip now?

If Stan's going by movies, Ant Man should also be on the boat, right?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Or will it be the Fantastic Four because of that movie everyone already forgot?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Jack Gladney posted:

When's the last time Newspaper Spider-Man had a story where he wasn't upstaged by another hero? Is it a team-up strip now?

If Stan's going by movies, Ant Man should also be on the boat, right?

He beat Clown-9 without help. :shrug:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ZeeToo posted:

More's the pity. Clown Nine should have won. He's too good for the comics page.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

ZeeToo posted:

Barely.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

That expression of Namor's may be the sleaziest thing I've ever seen in a comic strip outside of Brooke.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You don't need share options, just right-click on the picture and copy the location. The forums automatically add tags around all pasted image links.

You guys need to pay more attention. Hell, I bet half of you didn't even know you could hit ctrl-b to Bold the Titles of Comix.

Pooch Café

:techno:

Ballard Street

That is shameful. If you're going to have a coffee club with a secret meeting location and hats and everything, get something better than stale drip from the corner store.

The Creeps

It's easy just to think of angry creep as a sociopathic rear end in a top hat, but he's also really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Trying to copy Snuffy Smith's dialogue without bolding completely random words? Amateur hour over here.

• Locked thread